Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia (12585 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Confronts DSS Officials Over Refusal Of Legal Team To Access Court / Court Stops Impeachment Move Against Mahadi Aliyu Gusau Over Refusal To Defect / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun To Partner Indonesia To Develop Seaport, Airport, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by ClearFlair: 3:57pm On Mar 02
Some people are very envious of Otti

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by CountinBlessins(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

You won't get a seaport in the next 100 million years. Ojukwu agreed to it as one of the conditions for the Federal government to spare the lives of your foolish parents after they were defeated in battle.
To no seal your fate, God no come give you sea. Your own don finish.

If you don't like it, go and ask Ojukwu.

Why are you crying ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Your tears.go.make.me.a.fresh cup of coffee

Abia is getting the largest sea port in Africa..

Cry more 🤣🤣

7 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by EmekaBlue(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02
Ezewuzie01:
Abia state does not need an airport. Port Harcourt airport is close to Aba while Owerri airport is close to Umuahia. Akwa Ibom airport is also there to serve them. As for seaport, Onne port in Rivers state is not very far away.
say wetin happen. Why can't Abia have their own

Guy zukwanike there

4 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Agugbadin: 4:08pm On Mar 02
God brought Alex Uti to rescue Abia state from the three demons that ruled the state for 24years.

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 4:08pm On Mar 02
Danzakidakura:
enemies of the people, what is wrong if Abia state have their own ?
Abia does not need an airport. It's going to be a total waste of money.

Sam Mbadiwe airport in Imo state is too close to Aba and Umuahia
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by frankson1(m): 4:12pm On Mar 02
Who else cooked this story if not their jobless, faceless cowards on Xundecided
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by nony43(m): 4:16pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

The biggest water body in Abia is Azumini river. For a ship to reach there, you must beg Akwa Ibom to allow you pass because they have a coastal access which the ship coming to Azumini must use.

Abia no get sea.
No seaport for una
Ntoooor
Go and fight God for not giving you a sea.

We don’t need to beg them they are our brothers we inter marry. We bear same names and wear same traditional outfit . Go and check your senate president’s traditional outfits when he has a function in his state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Bluntguy: 4:16pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

Can you cook jollof rice without rice?

Abia has no sea,
Abia can never have a seaport.
Try do research at times before typing about places you have never been to. Abia's seaport will be ready before her airport. Follow my advice before displaying your crass ignorance again in form of reply.

4 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by crestedaguiyi: 4:18pm On Mar 02
Ezewuzie01:
Abia state does not need an airport. Port Harcourt airport is close to Aba while Owerri airport is close to Umuahia. Akwa Ibom airport is also there to serve them. As for seaport, Onne port in Rivers state is not very far away.
Shush
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 4:19pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:
The fact that some people actually believed that a seaport could be built in Abia state baffles me... Is there any state in Nigeria that has a seaport without a sea? Some people think they can dredge the ocean from Niger Delta into the SE, it's all.jist comical... cheesy grin

Anyways, I think Otti is an honest man. He debunks all lies told on his behalf by overzealous party fanatics. The Geometric power plant issue comes to mind...
Then you must obviously be a very naive person.
Browse about Tianjin seaport in China, it is the 4th largest and busiest seaport in the world, it is 100km aware from the shores.

Let me put it into perspective, 100km is about double the distance from port Harcourt to Aba.
Maybe you are a yoruba person, you people hardly understand geography, 100km is like from Lagos to Ijebu-ode.

Abia state has a border that is less than 30km from a the sea shores and a river that connects directly to the sea with a distance of less than 50km.

While I think that Abia state does not really need a seaport now, Onne seaport can serve but it is foolhardy to think that a seaport cannot be built in Abia if the political will ensues.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Menclothing: 4:19pm On Mar 02
Most people don’t even know what sea port is what dept of water b4 ship can berth on ur shoreline

River is not sea ooooo just like wanting port in jos ogun or Kogi it’s waste of funds you go drill tire big ship can’t berth on such
Except for recreational activities

Support sea port in akwa ibom and ph

Propaganda
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Bluntguy: 4:20pm On Mar 02
Edoziesmart:

What's the important of building airport that won't generate revenue to the state. Building an airport that lacks passenger on daily basis.

That's how Umahi wasted Ebonyi State money to build Airport that I don't see it usefulness till date.
Aba is close to PH, so Port harcourt airport should serve for them, while Umuahia is close to Owerri so Owerri airport should serve for them.

Let him use the money and build another infrastructure in Abịa. Human capital development will be good for him to establish on, atleast to curb out poverty rate in the state by making almost everybody to be occupy with one thing or the other that will fetch huge money for them in return.
Abia's airport will generate more traffic than Port-Harcourt and Imo Airports put together. Aba is not called the Japan of Africa for nothing. What with the 24/7 electricity supply we are enjoying now.

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Bluntguy: 4:23pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

The biggest water body in Abia is Azumini river. For a ship to reach there, you must beg Akwa Ibom to allow you pass because they have a coastal access which the ship coming to Azumini must use.

Abia no get sea.
No seaport for una
Ntoooor
Azumini river is a distance of less than 5 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and a few weeks of dredging will connect Abia directly to the ocean. Be deceiving yourself thinking Abia is landlocked when it is not.

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by muykem: 4:31pm On Mar 02
Seaport in landlocked state. What a joke?
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by yarimo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02
ibechris:

Talk about ur northern governors and leave us alone.

Our governors are working and u are hating.

Show us the work going on Kogi state.

So today I am from kogi state again grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by yarimo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 02
Robinmido:
Atụrụ
yonko grin grin grin
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Laple0541(m): 4:35pm On Mar 02
Ttipsy:
Abia should have theirs stop typing nonsense

Why wasting huge money on building an airport when a state already has 2 close by airports? I am not saying Abia shouldn’t have hers in the near future, but the question is, is it a priority for now? Absolutely no.

Such huge sum can be put to other laudable projects that will have direct impacts on ordinary people from the state. Some countries around the world had wasted millions of dollars on building airports that later rendered useless in the past.
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 4:36pm On Mar 02
CountinBlessins:

Another stark illiterate talking nonsense !! What do you know about Abia state 🤣🤣

Get up from your mat on the floor in your one room in Ibadan and travel instead of wasting your time snatching phones and robbing people . Travels and see the world , learn to leave hate and get a proper education .

Travel to Abia state and visit Azu miri. I am not even from there but have been part of a team that worked there.

Stupid illiterates on this forum just type nonsense they image in their heads 🤣🤣🤣

cc: FatherOfJesus

Not like you deserve a response for your lenghty, empty ramblings, but I aim to help you understand your region better as I am quite sure you're writing from the perspective of a second generation brainwashed secessionist...

For a seaport to be built in any location, there are several criteria that must be fulfilled.... first of all you need a sea, do you get it? Seaport = Sea + Port, otherwise it wouldn't be a seaport, would it? Commercial ships need a considerable amount of depth before they can berth even at the seaport. At the Lagos Seaport, certain ships couldn't even berth because of depth requirement, so they offload on the high sea, using smaller ships...

Now that leaves us with what your darling Abia state actually has, which is a SHALLOW RIVER that runs through Akwa Ibom and Abia, the Azumini blue river. I know that leaves us with the option of DREDGING the shallow river as you've been hearing since you were a child... I'll get there... just pay attention. grin

Now I have attached an image of your darling Azumini river in order to educate you... the river, obviously shallow and narrow along most of its course, is only about the size of certain canals in a place like Lagos. The depth, width, geographical location, makes it impossible to site any commercial port along it. Only small boats and barges can actually move on it...

Lest I forget, you've all been fooled that they could actually dredge the shallow river into the Atlantic Ocean located down South, well, as much as I would love for some of you to learn by experience, it's an impossible project with extreme ecological and fiscal implication. If they actually try to dredge the ocean (regardless of the fact that there are already ports in Akwa Ibom and Rivers), that could mean the end of the South East when ocean levels rise... talk about the entire region submerging gradually... but what do I even know about geography, after all, according to you, I am just an illiterate who snatches phones for a living 😁😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Goodvibes007: 4:37pm On Mar 02
Otti is Tinubu boy.
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 4:40pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:
The fact that some people actually believed that a seaport could be built in Abia state baffles me... Is there any state in Nigeria that has a seaport without a sea? Some people think they can dredge the ocean from Niger Delta into the SE, it's all.jist comical... cheesy grin

Anyways, I think Otti is an honest man. He debunks all lies told on his behalf by overzealous party fanatics. The Geometric power plant issue comes to mind...
Now let me educate you further.
Look at the first map, where we have the orange mark is Abia state and the river flowing into it directly from the sea is Imo river. Imo river travel about 50km before getting to abia state from the sea.
When southerner are calling for seaport, this is the route they relying on.
The second picture places thr distance where Imo river enters Abia state side-by-side to where we have Onn seaport, you can see that the difference in distance away from shores is not very much. A proper dredging of Imo river can get a seaport in Abia state.

But then, I don't think that is necessary to have a seaport in southeast when Onne seaport is yet to be used to its full potential. Aba and southeast can work with Onne for now but the idea that a seaport cannot be built in southeast is laughable and mediocre.

5 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by TrustNone: 4:43pm On Mar 02
Ttipsy:
Abia should have theirs stop typing nonsense
which seaport? Abi ship wan go berth for stream?
Your moniker says it all
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by TrustNone: 4:46pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

Abia no get sea.
No seaport for una
Ntoooor
azumini Is a stream and a ship can never berth there

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Coldspice: 4:46pm On Mar 02
Bluntguy:

Azumini river is a distance of less than 5 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and a few weeks of dredging will connect Abia directly to the ocean. Be deceiving yourself thinking Abia is landlocked when it is not.

You will dredge another person's land to link Azumini and those ones will be looking at you because na mumu them be.

No wonder you people want to drag SS into your Biafran madness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 4:46pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

cc: FatherOfJesus

Not like you deserve a response for your lenghty, empty, ramblings, but I aim to help you understand your region better as I am quite sure you're writing from the perspective of a second generation brainwashed secessionist...

For a seaport to be built in any location, there are several criteria that must be fulfilled.... first of all you need a sea, do you get it? Seaport = Sea + Port, otherwise it wouldn't be a seaport, would it? Commercial ships need a considerable amount of depth before they can berth even at the seaport. At the Lagos Seaport, certain ships couldn't even berth because of depth requirement, so they offload on the high sea, using smaller ships...

Now that leaves us with what your darling Abia state actually has, which is a SHALLOW RIVER that runs through Akwa Ibom and Abia, the Azumini blue river. I know that leaves us with the option of DREDGING the shallow river as you've been hearing since you were a child... I'll get there... just pay attention. grin

Now I have attached an image of your darling Azumini river in order to educate you... the river, obviously shallow and narrow along most of its course, is only about the size of certain canals in a place like Lagos. The depth, width, geographical location, makes it impossible to site any commercial port along it. Only small boats and barges can actually move on it...

Lest I forget, you've all been fooled that they could actually dredge the shallow river into the Atlantic Ocean located down South, well, as much as I would love for some of you to learn by experience, it's an impossible project with extreme ecological and fiscal implication. If they actually try to dredge the ocean (regardless of the fact that there are already ports in Akwa Ibom and Rivers), that could mean the end of the South East when ocean levels rise... talk about the entire region submerging gradually... but what do I even know about geography, after all, according to you, I am just an illiterate who snatches phones for a living 😁😂
You don't necessarily need a sea coast to build a seaport. That's where you failed, You need a very big access to the sea to have a seaport, you do not need to build it along to the coastline. I will educate you more.

Apapa seaport is not on the coast of the Atlantic. Apapa seaport is along the shores of lagos lagoon several kilometers away from the sea. This is the case for so many seaports.

To have a seaport, you need a navigable direct access to the sea that is not too inland. It must not be very wide (the Suez can proves this, this canal can only take 1 ship at a time but it's the most important route for Europe to access China).

So like I said, it's foolhardy to think that a seaport cannot be built in Abia via Imo river if a serious government wants to do it. Again, I think it's unnecessary

6 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 4:47pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
Now let me educate you further.
Look at the first map, where we have the orange mark is Abia state and the river flowing into it directly from the sea is Imo river. Imo river travel about 50km before getting to abia state from the sea.
When southerner are calling for seaport, this is the route they relying on.
The second picture places thr distance where Imo river enters Abia state side-by-side to where we have Onn seaport, you can see that the difference in distance away from shores is not very much. A proper dredging of Imo river can get a seaport in Abia state.

But then, I don't think that is necessary to have a seaport in southeast when Onne seaport is yet to be used to its full potential. Aba and southeast can work with Onne for now but the idea that a seaport cannot be built in southeast is laughable and mediocre.

I just debunked this on my previous post where I copied you, though the response wasn't meant for you originally.

You cannot dredge the Atlantic ocean across the length of 2 states, it has a vast ecological and fiscal implication, especially since Akwa Ibom, Rivers already have ports close to the SE. The reason most of you are bent on this is because of secession... You believe that's the only thing you need to be self-sufficient, whereas, nobody made the SE geography but God himself.

While it's an impossible mission to dredge the ocean into the SE, if such did happen, when ocean levels rise, your region may be entirely submerged. You may think lightly of this, but it's not a joke... Also, the amount of financial resources it would take is something that would never be worth such an investment even in the long run.

The wise thing for your region to demand is a good rail network and working dry ports in each state... But I know this argument won't end.

4 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Metrofox(m): 4:47pm On Mar 02
Ezewuzie01:

A creative idea might be to look into rail which will pay off more for industries

3 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Coldspice: 4:48pm On Mar 02
nony43:

We don’t need to beg them they are our brothers we inter marry. We bear same names and wear same traditional outfit . Go and check your senate president’s traditional outfits when he has a function in his state.

You inter marry and wear same cloth but Peter Obi dey sack non Anambra Igbos in Anambra civil service.

Igbo dey sack Igbo but you think SS will allow you free passage because you dey borrow their cloth wear.
See them doing bambiala for SS because of access to the sea.

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Coldspice: 4:49pm On Mar 02
TrustNone:
azumini Is a stream and a ship can never berth there

Them say them wan dredge am make container ships dey berth there.

Landlocked people that their first sight of the ocean is in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 4:50pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

I just debunked this on my previous post where I copied you, though the response wasn't meant for you originally.

You cannot dredge the Atlantic ocean across the length of 2 states, it has a vast ecological and fiscal implication, especially since Akwa Ibom, Rivers already have ports close to the SE. The reason most of you are bent on this is because of secession... You believe that's the only thing you need to be self-sufficient, whereas, nobody made the SE geography but God himself.

While it's an impossible mission to dredge the ocean into the SE, if such did happen, when ocean levels rise, your region may be entirely submerged. You may think lightly of this, but it's not a joke... Also, the amount of financial resources it would take is something that would never be worth such an investment even in the long run.

The wise thing for your region to demand is a good rail network and working dry ports in each state... But I know this argument won't end.
whadafuck are you saying?
Suez canal is 193km long, it didn't have any water over it but it was dredged to connect the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.
193km is the distance from Lagos to Ibadan, accross 3 states lenght.

Suez canal until tommorow is tinier than Imo river, it can only take 1 ship at a time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by nony43(m): 4:51pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

You inter marry and wear same cloth but Peter Obi dey sack non Anambra Igbos in Anambra civil service.

Igbo dey sack Igbo but you think SS will allow you free passage because you dey borrow their cloth wear.
See them doing bambiala for SS because of access to the sea.

Abeg bring receipt Una too de lie. Make them no allow us no be for Aba and Onitsha most of them de come buy? No forget say the same PO’s wife is from Akwa ibom same as my wife.

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by emeejinsm: 4:52pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

Are you aware that imo river empties into Atlantic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. / Boko Haram Kills 1,100 Since Being ‘technically Defeated / Femi Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Doesn’t Run World Most Expensive Legislature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.