Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia (12651 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Confronts DSS Officials Over Refusal Of Legal Team To Access Court / Court Stops Impeachment Move Against Mahadi Aliyu Gusau Over Refusal To Defect / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun To Partner Indonesia To Develop Seaport, Airport, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Bluntguy: 4:54pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

You will dredge another person's land to link Azumini and those ones will be looking at you because na mumu them be.

No wonder you people want to drag SS into your Biafran madness.
You dredge land in your village? Lol.
No ocean boundaries belong to any state. Oceans are never state boundaries but international boundaries. Abia can dredge it as Azumini river goes into the ocean directly without having anything to do with Akwa Ibom or any other Nigerian state for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 4:58pm On Mar 02
Menclothing:
Most people don’t even know what sea port is what dept of water b4 ship can berth on ur shoreline

River is not sea ooooo just like wanting port in jos ogun or Kogi it’s waste of funds you go drill tire big ship can’t berth on such
Except for recreational activities

Support sea port in akwa ibom and ph

Propaganda
it's engineeringly very possible for Abia to get a seaport if thr government wants it.

Make una stop to dey show una ignorance.
But I think the best for now is still for Onne to serve Abia instead invest another huge amount on another seaport

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Maxtipulation(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02
Ezewuzie01:
Abia state does not need an airport. Port Harcourt airport is close to Aba while Owerri airport is close to Umuahia. Akwa Ibom airport is also there to serve them. As for seaport, Onne port in Rivers state is not very far away.

Is the seaport functional?

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 4:59pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
whadafuck are you saying.
Suez canal is 193km long, it didn't have any water over it but it was dredged to connect the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.
193km is the distance from Lagos to Ibadan, accross 3 states lenght.

Suez canal until tommorow is tinier than Imo river, it can only take 1 ship at a time.

Mind your manners. Now you're being ignorant for comparing the Suez Canal to your Azumini river for many reasons...
The Suez Canal basically makes it shorter for ships to sail from Asia to Europe and vice versa, this has a global benefit to the maritime world and has been beneficial for generations, hence it's worth the investment, even that didn't come without its ecological effects. Global bodies were involved in the construction of the Suez Canal and the funding was made available by them...

This is not at all the case of the SE where neighboring states have seaports, but for the sake of competition and a feeling of deprivation, you think that's the next best investment.

4 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Schifo: 5:01pm On Mar 02
Abia state does need an International airport for logistic reasons. A lot of factories and manufacturing companies are all over Abia state and with establishment of the power generating plant, a lot of businesses will be established . Every state in Nigeria should have an airport, so long as they have the capacity to build and maintain one .In the United States for example, every state has an international airport and it is maintained by their various counties the airports are located .

Ezewuzie01:
Abia state does not need an airport. Port Harcourt airport is close to Aba while Owerri airport is close to Umuahia. Akwa Ibom airport is also there to serve them. As for seaport, Onne port in Rivers state is not very far away.

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by gidgiddy: 5:04pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:
The fact that some people actually believed that a seaport could be built in Abia state baffles me... Is there any state in Nigeria that has a seaport without a sea? Some people think they can dredge the ocean from Niger Delta into the SE, it's all.jist comical... cheesy grin

Anyways, I think Otti is an honest man. He debunks all lies told on his behalf by overzealous party fanatics. The Geometric power plant issue comes to mind...

It will baffle you because you don't know that where they want to build the seaport in Abia is closer to the sea than Portharcourt seaport

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:04pm On Mar 02
emeejinsm:

Are you aware that imo river empties into Atlantic

Imoh/Imo River is another river entirely, not even Azumini that we're discussing. It only empties into the Atlantic Ocean when it gets to Akwa Ibom... Like I said earlier, Akwa Ibom has a functional seaport, any replication of such in a neighboring state is a wasteful and unrealistic project to say the least. It's like Oyo state asking for seaport when it's already available in Lagos state...

If not because of deeply rooted secessionist agenda, why should that be an agenda for the SE when the North central, NE, NW all do not have ports and are all working since we have ports in Lagos and SS?

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:05pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

Mind your manners. Now you're being ignorant for comparing the Suez Canal to your Azumini river for many reasons...
The Suez Canal basically makes it shorter for ships to sail from Asia to Europe and vice versa, this has a global benefit to the maritime world and has been beneficial for generations, hence it's worth the investment, even that didn't come without its ecological effects. Global bodies were involved in the construction of the Suez Canal and the funding was made available by them...

This is not at all the case of the SE where neighboring states have seaports, but for the sake of competition and a feeling of deprivation, you think that's the next best investment.
Achieving Suez canal is even many folds more difficult than getting a ship to Azumini in Abia.

There was no water in existence on that path before the suez cannal was built, it was dug and dredged to make sure that the Mediterranean sea connects with the Indian ocean via the red sea. This is many times more difficult than dreading an existing Imo river that is even shorter in distance and has already existing water body.

Suez canal was built in 1869 and you think that we cannot get a seaport in 2024 on Imo River?
You are funny

3 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:06pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
Achieving Suez canal is even many folds more difficult than getting a ship to Azumini in Abia.

There was no water in existence on that path before the suez cannal was built, it was dug and dredged to make sure that the Mediterranean sea connects with the Indian ocean via the red sea. This is many times more difficult than dreading an existing Imo river than is even shorter in distance and has already existing water body.

Suez canal was built in 1869 and you think that we cannot get a seaport in 2024 on Imo River?
You are funny

Ok sir, since you just love blind arguments, go and begin dredging it... tell Alex Otti to spearhead it. Good luck.

And mind you, the discourse was about Azumini river, not even Imoh river, which terminates at Akwa Ibom, so the waters that enter into Abia & Imo states are more or less Akwa Ibom rivers... If Akwa Ibom refuses it, they cannot be dredged, which doesn't even make any sense to begin with. But good luck once again.

3 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Coldspice: 5:07pm On Mar 02
Bluntguy:

You dredge land in your village? Lol.
No ocean boundaries belong to any state. Oceans are never state boundaries but international boundaries. Abia can dredge it as Azumini river goes into the ocean directly without having anything to do with Akwa Ibom or any other Nigerian state for that matter.

So, Azumini goes into the ocean without touching the banks and boundaries of any state. grin

Go and read the instrument of surrender which Effiong signed when Ojukwu ran away like a scared dog. Look for it and read it.

The day you read that document, you will sit down and stop stretching your throat to swallow what killed your father.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:09pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

Ok sir, since you just love blind arguments, go and begin dredging it... tell Alex Otti to spearhead it. Good luck.
I don't think it's necessary now.
Onne port is okay, it will be an investment that Abia state cannot afford for now and if I'm a private sector, I will not invest in a new seaport that is few kilometers away from another seaport that is yet to reach full potential. It does not mke business sense.
The problem with onne seaport is poltics and security.
So it really does not make any business sense to have a seaport in Abia now because the route is similar to that of Onne so whatever challenges Onne is facing now with respect to security will also ensue. But it's possible to have a seaport in Abia
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:11pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

So, Azumini goes into the ocean without touching the banks and boundaries of any state. grin

Go and read the instrument of surrender which Effiong signed when Ojukwu ran away like a scared dog. Look for it and read it.

The day you read that document, you will sit down and stop stretching your throat to swallow what killed your father.
Why must everything be about fighting for a yoruba person.

Can't you get a life?

6 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:13pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
I don't think it's necessary now.
Onne port is okay, it will be an investment that Abia state cannot afford for now and if I'm a private sector, I will not invest in a new seaport that is few kilometers away from another seaport that is yet to reach full potential. It does not mke business sense.
The problem with onne seaport is poltics and security.
So it really does not make any business sense to have a seaport in Abia now because the route is similar to that of Onne so whatever challenges Onne is facing now with respect fo security will also ensue. But it's possible to have a seaport in Abia

It may be humanly possible, but in terms of feasibility, project cost, ecological implications (bearing in mind it doesn't terminate only in Abia, Akwa Ibom has to accept its waters and land being dredged), it is functionally impossible as a project... The cost far outweighs its benefits.

A good rail network, dry ports, that's all the SE needs. The SE is already prosperous and I have no doubts that Igbos are great people... cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Coldspice: 5:15pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
Why must everything be about fighting for a yoruba person.

Can't you get a life?

Why must everything be about inferiority complex for a "WEED" person.

Can't you get a life?

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Cantonese: 5:16pm On Mar 02
yarimo:
Abians don't know ALEX OTTI is an expert driver of one chance. I pity abians from now till 2027

And what people do not know is that you are an expert conductor of one chance. We pity you until you get delivered in 2027.

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:18pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

It may be humanly possible, but in terms of feasibility, project cost, ecological implications (bearing in mind it doesn't terminate only in Abia, Akwa Ibom has to accept its waters and land being dredged), it is functionally impossible as a project... The cost far outweighs its benefits.

A good rail network, dry ports, that's all the SE needs. The SE is already prosperous and I have no doubts that Igbos are great people... cheers.
Akwa Ibom does not have to accept anything if it's a federal project. Akwa Ibom won't have any choice but again, if I'm the president of Nigeria, why would I want another seaport in that axis when those that are there are functioning below par.

This is why I always tell my fellow igbos to forget about seaport for now and find a way to help make Onne seaport fully functional. Onne seaport is just less than 50km to Aba but I understand what my brothers are fighting for.
Having a seaport in Abia does not mean that it won't face the same challenges onne seaport is facing that the federal government has deliberately refused to resolve, so it's unnecessary.
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Bonjovi13: 5:25pm On Mar 02
Ezewuzie01:

With the industrial revolution that Aba will spearhead in Abia State, we need a seaport for international export purposes.

I was really ecstatic when I heard about our Governor's plan to construct a railway across the Abia State. I hope it links every major town in Abia state. Imagine the endless possibilities that will be created for producers. Raw materials can come in and finished products can go out.
Like Governor Otti said, I see Abia developing to Dubai status in a 20 years

4 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Draslo(m): 5:26pm On Mar 02
CountinBlessins:

Why are you crying ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Your tears.go.make.me.a.fresh cup of coffee

Abia is getting the largest sea port in Africa..

Cry more 🤣🤣

Talk like say you go school na

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:27pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
You don't necessarily need a sea coast to build a seaport. That's where you failed, You need a very big access to the sea to have a seaport, you do not need to build it along to the coastline. I will educate you more.

Apapa seaport is not on the coast of the Atlantic. Apapa seaport is along the shores of lagos lagoon several kilometers away from the sea. This is the case for so many seaports.

To have a seaport, you need a navigable direct access to the sea that is not too inland. It must not be very wide (the Suez can proves this, this canal can only take 1 ship at a time but it's the most important route for Europe to access China).

So like I said, it's foolhardy to think that a seaport cannot be built in Abia via Imo river if a serious government wants to do it. Again, I think it's unnecessary

Lest I forget to reply you, you're comparing apples and oranges... Apapa & Tincan Island ports are less than 5 km from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, with a direct, natural channel into the ocean... That's worlds apart from what you're thinking when it comes to Azumini and Imo rivers. Anyways, I know you know it makes no sense to begin with, so I'll leave it at that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Alliswell248: 5:28pm On Mar 02
The sore losers and lies.

Lamba party members.

Like Obi ...like his followers.

Emergency lovers of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:30pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
Akwa Ibom does not have to accept anything if it's a federal project. Akwa Ibom won't have any choice but again, if I'm the president of Nigeria, why would I want another seaport in that axis when those that are there are functioning below par.

This is why I always tell my fellow igbos to forget about seaport for now and find a way to help make Onne seaport fully functional. Onne seaport is just less than 50km to Aba but I understand what my brothers are fighting for.
Having a seaport in Abia does not mean that it won't face the same challenges onne seaport is facing that the federal government has deliberately refused to resolve, so it's unnecessary.

Nope, they can have a say against it if it poses an environmental threat to them... While the FG controls the waters, there's nothing done of such magnitude that doesn't require the cooperation and support of adjoining states.

If they strongly oppose it, the FG would have no option than to halt it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:34pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

Nope, they can have a say against it if it poses an environmental threat to them... While the FG controls the waters, there's nothing done of such magnitude that doesn't require the cooperation and support of adjoining states.
Well, you are right and to be sincere if I'm Akwa Ibom, I will frustrate that project because it will become a competitor.

So it's just not necessary but is very possible and it won't cause significant ecological ruin.
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:36pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

Lest I forget to reply you, you're comparing apples and oranges... Apapa & Tincan Island ports are less than 5 km from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, with a direct, natural channel into the ocean... That's worlds apart from what you're thinking when it comes to Azumini and Imo rivers. Anyways, I know you know it makes no sense to begin with, so I'll leave it at that.
Okay, let me me educate you further. Port of hamburger is the 16th busiest seaport in the world, it is located alone Elbe river. Ships will need to travel 110km along Elbe River to get to this seaport. (A distance that is longer than Lagos to ijebu ode)
Port of hamburger is Busier and larger than Apapa port.

So you see that it's very possible to have a seaport in Abia

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:43pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

now look at this map of Germany and southsouth/Abia.

Abia is closer to the coast than Hamburg in germany but hamburger has a busier seaport than Apapa seaport

3 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by naijamerican: 5:45pm On Mar 02
Ezewuzie01:

Abeg if you don’t live in Abia shut up. The closest airport for abians is Owerri but it’s too far. Port is over 3hrs away. Again if you don’t know what to say talk less Biko
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:46pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
Okay, let me me educate you further. Port of hamburger is the 16th busiest seaport in the world, it located alone Elbe river. Ships will need to travel 110km along Elbe River to get to this seaport. (A distance that is longer than Lagos to ijebu ode)
Port of hamburger is Busier and larger than Apapa port.

So you see that it's very possible to have a seaport in Abia

Hamburger Port or Port of Hamburg runs via the Elbe river into the North Sea directly... It's a far larger river than any river that connects to the South East from the SS, not those shallow waters you're talking about. It's either you're just looking for incomparable examples or you just don't understand what you're saying... The distance from the Ocean to the Port of Hamburg is justified as it passes directly from Hamburg to the North sea and serves as the major port for the entire Germany...

Once again, apples and oranges.

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by Mozhac(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02
Just shut up if you don't know what to say. Who are you to say Abia State don't need all those development.
Ezewuzie01:
Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by santaclaws: 5:49pm On Mar 02
FatherOfJesus:
now look at this map of Germany and southsouth/Abia.

Abia is closer to the coast than Hamburg in germany but hamburger has a busier seaport than Apapa seaport

You're really trying hard to justify a nonsensical project, despite the fact that you're making imbalanced comparisons... Are there aready neighbouring states with ports around Hamburg? At this point, I'm doubting if you're trying to be clever or you're just clueless.

Anyways, I'm done replying you. This is highly unproductive...

2 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by AkinPhysicist: 5:52pm On Mar 02
What happened to the RUSSIAN lawyers that were supposed to help Peter Onwubaise HOEbi restore his MANHOOD?

1 Like

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:54pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

Hamburger Port or Port of Hamburg runs via the Elbe river into the North Sea directly... It's a far larger river than any river that connects to the South East from the SS, not those shallow waters you're talking about. It's either you're just looking for incomparable examples or you just don't understand what you're saying... The distance from the Ocean to the Port of Hamburg is justified as it passes directly from Hamburg to the North sea and serves as the major port for the entire Germany...

Imo river is not shallow but it's not as deep as Elbe river.
Imo river is 40km wide, this is wide enough to take more than 20 ships at a time. This is wider than suez canal that is 205m wide but conveys all ship coming from Asia to Europe.

I think you know this is possible but a part of you don't want it to be possible

3 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by blackgold2018(m): 5:56pm On Mar 02
Coldspice:

You won't get a seaport in the next 100 million years. Ojukwu agreed to it as one of the conditions for the Federal government to spare the lives of your foolish parents after they were defeated in battle.
To now seal your fate, God no come give you sea. Your own don finish.

If you don't like it, go and ask Ojukwu.
nnawah oo. Guy you are really evil minded. People like you don't go far in life

6 Likes

Re: Otti Denies Suing Tinubu Over Refusal To Build Seaport, Airport In Abia by FatherOfJesus: 5:57pm On Mar 02
santaclaws:

And again, Elbe river does not directly flow from Hamburger in Germany, it also passes through Czech, a country that is not Germany.

So a ship going to Hamburg in Germany will need to pass through Czech borders. There is a lot you don't know about how ports work right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted / Describe Nigeria In One Word? / Pastor Bakare Denies Intention To Run For Presidency In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.