Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning (63169 Views)

Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood / Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Guy Insults Canada, Girl Defends With Posts That Got Over 1M Likes And Retweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Maxtipulation(m): 10:55am On Mar 02
Una go see mabo by the time Tinubu finishes with you people

Next time to stand on pesin mahood una go think am twice

Am Batified oshi
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Angelfrost(m): 10:58am On Mar 02
Lagos is just unhealthily overpopulated...!

State governors should do better at investment and improving their states... Let their people back relocate abeg.

2 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by MemoriesAndMe: 11:02am On Mar 02
iyaski:

They need to start putting up escalators.
Escalators aren't cheap bro. Plus, boys go steal the parts overnight onto hustle mode.

2 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by NoToPile: 11:04am On Mar 02
There's a reason it's designed like that.

Merely looking at the road and the bridge constructed you will have an idea why the bridge had to be that way.

Or should it be done the conventional way and possibly some buildings will be demolished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Kusu12: 11:04am On Mar 02
Obirodents lamentation thread, just looking for anything, both irrelevant and relevant to wail and gnash their teeth. Losers always complaining.
Imagine people who take night bus to Lagos as refugees will still be condemning any development in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by oluwaseyi0: 11:11am On Mar 02
badoh:
Why are people still selling stuffs under the overhead bridge? People no deh hear word. Why do they like to deface public amenities? Na Everytime govt go deh drive them comot the side.

Under the bridge? Even on the bridge itself so many people place their wares on the walkway

You can barely work 5 steps freely without doing zigzag to avoid stepping on wares

2 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by gosmoney(m): 11:14am On Mar 02
If u don't like it dat way go back to ur village nobody force u come lagos not dey good for una eyes and am sure u will be igbo rubbish 😏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Dminister(m): 11:16am On Mar 02
The government is bridging the gap between the rich and the poor to be more bigger to weak the poor both physically and mentally. By the time you trek on the pedestrian bridge 10X in one year with little or no food in your stomach you’d be weak, and you can’t shout we want revolution anymore . The more you fall into the poor gap the more you will suffer. You better hustle o
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:19am On Mar 02
But if you travel to amelica you won't complain abi
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by descartes400: 11:20am On Mar 02
blancsn1:
Are you an igbo or why exactly will one be complaining about overhead bridge built to safeguard the lives of the populace ?!

I wonder ooh! They would rather cross or run across several lanes and stand the risk of being struck by an of coming vehicle than leisurely walk over on a pedestrian bridge.

Government no build, them go heap insults and when Government eventually listen and build them go say e no fine , say e too long and e dey tire leg.... lipsrsealed
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Originalsly: 11:24am On Mar 02
izzou:
grin

Maybe there's a structural explanation to this, but i do not know CCECC will be punishing people in the name of "Pedestrian bridge"

Currently seeing the one being constructed in front of LASU, and i can't imagine myself walking such a distance.

They should make these designs simple, abeg

I still don't get it.... pedestrian overpass in the 21st century . in a densely populated/high foot traffic area. What happen to traffic lights?... stop signs? ... if it's to get across an expressway why not build a flyover? It must be old men stuck in the past that are making decisions. Why make the elderly... the handicapped... the pregnant ... the ones with heavy loads ... the sick ... all go through this unnecessary mountain climbing exercise?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by writeprof(m): 11:25am On Mar 02
izzou:
grin

Maybe there's a structural explanation to this, but i do not know CCECC will be punishing people in the name of "Pedestrian bridge"

Currently seeing the one being constructed in front of LASU, and i can't imagine myself walking such a distance.

They should make these designs simple, abeg

The longer the bridge, the more money that goes out for the contract grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by AdelokikiMr(m): 11:32am On Mar 02
over crowded Lagos, I'm glad i left the Lagos for you people after spending almost 30years of my life with the Lagos struggle

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:32am On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm not joking. If you climb that bridge you'll be panting by the time you get to other side.

It's going to make me reduce my visits to the market. I can't deal.

What of the elderly ones? Is this not punishment?

Try the one at Ikeja, make I see if you no go pant... Even the location no dey okay, the distance from it to the local government itself... When you come down,you'll now start trekking to the local government

Now, people just use the main bridge to get to computer village...

Good part about the pedestrian bridge is you can see inside the airport from there. so, when you get to the top of the pedestrian bridge, you just relax and feed your eyes a little
The good part about the

2 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by ufotunang: 11:32am On Mar 02
I thought you people said Tinubu built and developed Lagos...that is part of the development...why complaining 🙄

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:34am On Mar 02
free2ryhme:

You know you can equally use the flyover opting out to use of pedestrian attached to the flyover.

That's the best o... That's what many people use in Ikeja now
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Krankhead: 11:38am On Mar 02
Ogiame:
More like; “Keeping them fit and healthy for the HUNGER ahead” grin

But on a serious note, this pedestrian bridge has it's own advantages. It outweighs the disadvantages

Don't mind them. THEH WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING BUT THEY CAN'T SUGGEST SOLUTION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by slowice(m): 11:52am On Mar 02
Is this how Lagos hope to become like Johannesburg? Lol
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:54am On Mar 02
bluefilm:
Nonsense angry
jealousy
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by MrGerald(m): 11:58am On Mar 02
iyaski:

They need to start putting up escalators.
You're right, some countries I visited install escalators to help especially old people
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by U09ce: 12:10pm On Mar 02
Seductress4:
You left the poor work of the government, here you are condemning the people.
The two are not mutually exclusive. I can choose what to criticise.

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Mandate2023: 12:14pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm not joking. If you climb that bridge you'll be panting by the time you get to other side.

It's going to make me reduce my visits to the market. I can't deal.

What of the elderly ones? Is this not punishment?

I don't know why u r complaining.....they blocked the under bridge bcoz of the rail line and dey will still chase those selling at d rail line,r u expecting to just enter into tejuosho market from the bus dropping u, u can as well enter yaba tru ojuelegba if u can't climb the bridge and stop complaining....bridges r ment for human not animals
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Zezco(m): 12:22pm On Mar 02
Nothing wey government do, una go complain, if na abroad you no go complain all they do is perfect.

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Crowntop94: 12:39pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:
See the new look of YABA that got everyone complaining bitterly including me.
The last time I went to Yaba was three months ago when the new fly over bridge was still under construction only to get there yesterday and discovered it has been completed and the road on the rail line that leads to tejuoso has been blocked and fenced off so everyone has to go through the fly over bridge to access tejuoso market and the bridge is unnecessarily long and exhausting.

I was there yesterday but had to go again today because yesterday the complex I wanted to get stuff was shut and according to the traders the govt was coming for inspection.

The way they built the bridges are not convenient cos you'll climb two long lanes before you'll get to another long lanes descending to the other side. Lagosian were complaining as they climb and descend. On the other wing there are stairs. I used the stairs today thinking it would be better than the other walkway and nearly fainted.

Is this to add to Nigerians suffering or better their lives because someone who's already experiencing hunger can not climb that bridge o.

Below are pics of the flyover.
God bless Gov.Sanwoolu
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Mummyfour(f): 12:44pm On Mar 02
For the past 3 weeks I have been climbing that bridge. I have lost weight grin grin, because na serious exercise. Until I discovered the flat part of the bridge, I used to use the stairs and it was not funny with people running into you, or hitting you. Earlier in January there was one opening by the fence people used to pass through, but by the time I returned there in February, it had been blocked. So if you need to go over to the other side 10 times, you have to climb the stairs or use the other part. One day I almost collapsed due to exhaustion because I had to go on that bridge 4 times back and forth to purchase some items for someone o brought to the hospital around there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by proff010: 1:33pm On Mar 02
You never see anything una go climb una go tire
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by HRMK: 1:46pm On Mar 02
YOU EITHER GET TO YOUR DESTINATION LATE OR BE THE LATE!YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Cantonese: 2:02pm On Mar 02
For me, the bridge was not necessary in anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Calitoscassius(m): 2:03pm On Mar 02
Naigeerians are immune to mordernity and developements ofcourse, they d groan, they preffer the their old ways and filty environments
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by verybadmouth(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02
Trophy12:
buy phone for him or better still give him your phone then.
The guy get pride. I bought for him and he said he didn't. IPhone 14pro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.