Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning (63189 Views)

Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood / Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Guy Insults Canada, Girl Defends With Posts That Got Over 1M Likes And Retweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Shutup1st(f): 2:30pm On Mar 02
Omo na serious punishment be dis o
Ma pipu wey no dey patience cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Sleekfingers: 2:32pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:
See the new look of YABA that got everyone complaining bitterly including me.
The last time I went to Yaba was three months ago when the new fly over bridge was still under construction only to get there yesterday and discovered it has been completed and the road on the rail line that leads to tejuoso has been blocked and fenced off so everyone has to go through the fly over bridge to access tejuoso market and the bridge is unnecessarily long and exhausting.

I was there yesterday but had to go again today because yesterday the complex I wanted to get stuff was shut and according to the traders the govt was coming for inspection.

The way they built the bridges are not convenient cos you'll climb two long lanes before you'll get to another long lanes descending to the other side. Lagosian were complaining as they climb and descend. On the other wing there are stairs. I used the stairs today thinking it would be better than the other walkway and nearly fainted.

Is this to add to Nigerians suffering or better their lives because someone who's already experiencing hunger can not climb that bridge o.

Below are pics of the flyover.

If you can't climb the bridge, stay for your house na.
Or pass through Ojuelegba or railway compound, then trek from NTA 10 to Tejuosho market

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Sleekfingers: 2:36pm On Mar 02
badoh:
Why are people still selling stuffs under the overhead bridge? People no deh hear word. Why do they like to deface public amenities? Na Everytime govt go deh drive them comot the side.

Their days are numbered. KAI will visit them soon. They will confiscate their goods, arrest them and tell them to pay heavy fine or jail.

By the time, they arrest like 20 people, use dem do example,. Nobody go tell before they stop selling there. Their matter fon dey table

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 2:49pm On Mar 02
Originalsly:

I still don't get it.... pedestrian overpass in the 21st century . in a densely populated/high foot traffic area. What happen to traffic lights?... stop signs? ... if it's to get across an expressway why not build a flyover? It must be old men stuck in the past that are making decisions. Why make the elderly... the handicapped... the pregnant ... the ones with heavy loads ... the sick ... all go through this unnecessary mountain climbing exercise?

Exactly my point. As in... The funny part is they themselves will never use that bridge.

You're talking of stop signs, Nigerians dey obey traffic rules? Common zebra lines they don't observe. If you try go stand for zebra lines na there you go old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 3:02pm On Mar 02
Mummyfour:
For the past 3 weeks I have been climbing that bridge. I have lost weight grin grin, because na serious exercise. Until I discovered the flat part of the bridge, I used to use the stairs and it was not funny with people running into you, or hitting you. Earlier in January there was one opening by the fence people used to pass through, but by the time I returned there in February, it had been blocked. So if you need to go over to the other side 10 times, you have to climb the stairs or use the other part. One day I almost collapsed due to exhaustion because I had to go on that bridge 4 times back and forth to purchase some items for someone o brought to the hospital around there
ok
You see? you too nearly landed in the hospital with the person you're helping. person wey Neva climb that bridge no go understand what we are talking about. I finished climbing and had to lean and rest on the bridge before descending. So exhausting. I use other bridges now and it's not like this one.
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by LADEMINUS: 3:02pm On Mar 02
izzou:
grin

Maybe there's a structural explanation to this, but i do not know CCECC will be punishing people in the name of "Pedestrian bridge"

Currently seeing the one being constructed in front of LASU, and i can't imagine myself walking such a distance.

They should make these designs simple, abeg

Like just put one high rope to swing across abi?
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 3:03pm On Mar 02
Cantonese:
For me, the bridge was not necessary in anyway.
I'm telling you. Not necessary. They're looking for ways to embezzle money.

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Truths9ja: 3:16pm On Mar 02
Lagos State is overcrowded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by ceasare: 3:51pm On Mar 02
Eastlink:
I passed that area four months ago when I visited Unilag. I couldn't help but imagine the construction that CCECC did there. It seems like the construction was an idea of a drunk Engineer.

I understand that a flyover was constructed to connect Ojuelegba to the other side of Yaba but what is the essence of a pedestrian staircase. Infact once you get under the pedestrian staircase, you'll have to climb up the stairs and then down again as of you're climbing up and down a manual lift to get to other section. Perhaps the stairs is great for exercise but not for the sick and aged.

Now u wonder why d ones on lekki ajah corridor too are not used .few people climbed that tejuoso own...most times people still scurried across d track because d stair is uncomfortable!!!.the design are faulty and not convenient for pedestrian traffic.if u r sick or aged don't use that pedestrian bridge else na "gone too soon" b ur name.
Whoever is d supervising engr from the ministry of works should be asked to resume there daily for 30days whilst climbing it back and forth from start of work 8am to 4pm close of work lets see if his or her pot belly wont disappear.
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Father4all: 5:02pm On Mar 02
Even at Oyinbo too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by esthel(f): 5:30pm On Mar 02
Serious groaning o, be ready to climb 6 layers of staircase because you want to enter market area

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Shellsploit: 7:44pm On Mar 02
Person fit fail break for ontop this kain bridge

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Rexymania(m): 8:12pm On Mar 02
Someone with wheelchair can pass

Ogiame:
More like; “Keeping them fit and healthy for the HUNGER ahead” grin

But on a serious note, this pedestrian bridge has it's own advantages. It outweighs the disadvantages

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by PHAYOL81: 9:11pm On Mar 02
vvvvvvvvvv
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by PHAYOL81: 9:12pm On Mar 02
The bridge was carefully designed to cater for two important things: safety and fitness. But of course, our NIGERIAN folks love it dangerously simple even if it ends up costing lives so they might get a chance to take another dig at the government of the day which they loathe.
To the OP, you got other option and people like you use it. That's to use the vehicular passage of the bridge if that's comfort to you. And about the PWDs, they don't have to travel that long on foot. If they're not on wheelchair to make the journey comfortable for 'em, they should put it in plan to always board vehicle exactly going across the bridge to forestall stress. It's that simple and I don't understand why we make mount out of a mole hill.

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Originalsly: 9:47pm On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

You're talking of stop signs, Nigerians dey obey traffic rules? Common zebra lines they don't observe. If you try go stand for zebra lines na there you go old.

People were saying the same about wrong way driving .... ... can never stop .... our drivers are too stubborn..... what happened? ... where did the stubbornness go? Heavy fines and enforcement will make a big difference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 10:08pm On Mar 02
Originalsly:

People were saying the same about wrong way driving .... ... can never stop .... our drivers are too stubborn..... what happened? ... where did the stubbornness go? Heavy fines and enforcement will make a big difference.

Bad driving and it's virtually everybody that is guilty of this offence. Everyone is always in a hurry. Some will even leave the road and climb the sidewalk as long as it can take them. you'll see pedestrians flying for their lives.

If you live in Lagos and you're not smart they'll crush your legs for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by olusma23(m): 10:48pm On Mar 02
Lolz.
Maybe you need to come and see the pedestrian bridge undergoing construction at Ikeja Along.
The bridge is over the New Ikeja bridge and it will link you from Along bus stop to the train terminal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Xiaohei(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03
Govt put pedestrian bridge to save lives una dey complain. If train crush person now una go dey blame govt. if motor crush person una go still complain. Some say escalator no dey. Where the light dey? Even if escalator dey, Nigerians with their vandalism mentality go spoil am. We too like lawlessness abegi!
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by AfonjaConehead: 2:08pm On Mar 04
DenreleDave:

Yen yen yen...

Should I remind you of how many times folks like you organized a coordinated attack on because he is banlning people for violating the offences.

has banned me 3 months consecutively for doing the same but when he bans your people for jsut a day, u guys will be quick to plan a coordinated attack on him and say he is against Ur tribe

Always crying victim as if others are not been banned too.

Two face
If you like roll on the floor for mind44,e go still ban you wella 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by DenreleDave(m): 2:31pm On Mar 04
AfonjaConehead:

If my father like roll on the floor for mind44,e go still ban am wella 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by extremelygolden: 4:50pm On Mar 06
StraightGaay:
What a revolting sight.
No aesthetic atall.

Until you even climb it. They have started messing it already. I saw the handicapped beggars sweeping it when I went there this afternoon.

The stress of ascending and descending that bridge, lasan ...
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by StraightGaay: 6:35pm On Mar 06
extremelygolden:

Until you even climb it. They have started messing it already. I saw the handicapped beggars sweeping it when I went there this afternoon.

The stress of ascending and descending that bridge, lasan ...
Too bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.