Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar (24537 Views)

Nigerians Experience Relief As Prices Of Sugar, Indomie, Others Drop / Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by AfonjaConehead: 4:58pm On Mar 02
I was shocked..I bought superPack about 3 weeks ago for #7,800!
But now.....

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Ensa777(f): 5:07pm On Mar 02
LadyRosa2:
angry

Na kids go suffer am pass. Indomie has always been their take to school meal.

Damn! So sad

Noodles kwa? The parents are lazy ass ppl.Before noodles we had foods.
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Growing(m): 5:36pm On Mar 02
I still don't understand the astronomical rise of this Indomie.

Is this not price gouging?
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by eldoradoxx: 5:39pm On Mar 02
Indomie (noodles), pasta, bread are all made from same item- Wheat. I heard that Federal Government then of APC imposed 70% import duty on wheat hence the high cost admist the forex problem and the Russian -Ukraine war which has affected wheat production thus pushing the prices of items made from wheat. Somebody close to Tinubu should tell him that to deal with hunger in Nigeria, import duties on many food items need to either go or be reduced to not more than 10% for now. You cannot be taxing hungry people, its elementary. Look for revenue sources outside food items

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:40pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:
No matter how hard the economy of the jungle is, a lion will never eat grass. We believe in president Tinubu's reforms and at the end of it all we shall all smile and thank God.
Okay, but for now hunger go reset your brain.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Mccullum: 5:52pm On Mar 02
I don't know how its price will be hiked to that level in Abuja, N18000?

Indomie table is N11500 while Miemie is N7200 in Lagos.

I hope speculators never enter noodles market grin

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Yankee101: 6:33pm On Mar 02
You can actually make noodles yourself

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by killsmith(f): 6:35pm On Mar 02
The yorubas killed this country.
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by mariahAngel(f): 6:38pm On Mar 02
Tranquility2345:

Quote me if your...

Come! You dey ever take break from wickedness?
E no dey taya you? undecided
Na you suppose to be very wicked man sef. Abi na you?

By the way, e be like say another person don clone that your wotowotoman moniker.
smiley
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Damisam93(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02
LadyRosa2:

It's not healthy because you don't spend money to cook it. Indomie becomes healthy when you go out of your way to garnish it with veggies and protein

Garnish all you want, that doesn't make it healthy. Trash will always be trash no matter how you dress it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by symbianDON(m): 8:51pm On Mar 02
chiiraq802:
Mk I cari 900 naira go buy 1 indomie. lols
the thing funny you too abi?? grin
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by symbianDON(m): 8:53pm On Mar 02
Treasure17:

You and who please? When you should literally be in prison cause you are an accomplice to this unfortunate government.
I felt like giving the guy a virtual punch in the face when I read his thoughtless post
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Chiefpriestt: 8:59pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:
No matter how hard the economy of the jungle is, a lion will never eat grass. We believe in president Tinubu's reforms and at the end of it all we shall all smile and thank God.
Dey Mumu yourself dey go
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Boniwhite: 10:25pm On Mar 02
motionarena:

You give ur kids indomie to school.
That’s shameful
shameful brother
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by LadyRosa2(f): 10:53pm On Mar 02
motionarena:

You give ur kids indomie to school.
That’s shameful

Take a handkerchief and wipe your tears then.
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by LadyRosa2(f): 10:56pm On Mar 02
Noblemanonpoint:

It's never healthy regardless of what you garnished it with. Despite being very high in calories and sodium, It's has some preservatives and chemicals in it that research has revealed are carcinogenic in the long term.
If it should be eaten at all, it should be sparingly, and that i mean maybe like 4 times a year.

Really
Never knew this!
But it seems everything causes cancer these days.
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by LadyRosa2(f): 10:57pm On Mar 02
rapheal5:
Wetin do spaghetti, why indomie?

Imagine not a fan of spaghetti

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by naijanaso: 10:58pm On Mar 02
Sleekfingers:

There are numerous ways to prepare noodles to make it healthy. But majority of Nigerians just prepare it like that, with boiled or fried eggs.

I eat noodles ones in a while with my kids. I prepare it with lots of vegetables( carrots, scallion, peas, runner beans, sweet corn, red/green/ yellow bell pepper etc poultry or seafood. And I don't use the seasoning in the pack.

Not the poverty noodles most Nigerians dey eat

The veggies are healthy for sure, but the noodles? Naaa. It's junk!
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by one4GOD(f): 12:01am On Mar 03
Chrisrare:
everybody mustn't eat noodles
kind you be kind enough to suggest what they can eat? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Ensa777(f): 5:42am On Mar 03
one4GOD:
kind you be kind enough to suggest what they can eat? undecided undecided undecided

What they were eating pre noodles era.How did you ppl make unhealthy noodles a staple?
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Kaybaba5(m): 8:39am On Mar 03
Watianoengineer:
What lion is eating now is human being not grass
Hunger kills bro
Always believe in God not humans
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by okoroemeka(m): 2:24pm On Mar 03
insidelife22:
Na under Tinubu's Tinublation I know say noodles na luxury.
many ordinary things are now turning to luxury c,driving a car,using generator,using gas,eating indomie,
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by UsamaRafiq: 12:26pm On Mar 05
Sleekfingers:

There are numerous ways to prepare noodles to make it healthy. But majority of Nigerians just prepare it like that, with boiled or fried eggs.

I eat noodles ones in a while with my kids. I prepare it with lots of vegetables( carrots, scallion, peas, runner beans, sweet corn, red/green/ yellow bell pepper etc poultry or Sustainable Seafood. And I don't use the seasoning in the pack.

Not the poverty noodles most Nigerians dey eat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Operation: I Must Get Fat! / Why You Should Eat Avocados / What Is The Best Swallow For Oha Soup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.