Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? (5441 Views)

As A Christian; Do You Know About The Existence Of This Lizard?(Pix) / Divorce & Remarriage, Can A Christian Do It? Is God Ok With It? / EndSARS: Pastor Enenche On Protest 'Nigerians Have Been Keeping Quiet For Long' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Hermaphrodite2: 12:19pm On Mar 03
Daniel7543:
You dat is reading my comment, if u don’t repent frm ur sins today, u will die nd perish in hell fire… fire go roast u like barbecue. U will dieee.
Happy Sunday.

To make heaven no be by force

People dey roast for centuries and they've been surviving it

So

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03
lexy2014:

how do you know?
as a matter of fact there are Muslims and Babalawo traditionalists and even atheists who don't pray, talkless of quiet time, yet they achieve more than Christians how spent hours quietiming.

Life is not about quietiming
It's about knowing the right thing to do and do it

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 12:22pm On Mar 03
ebubeson:
You may have a good quiet time for 30 minutes
30 minutes?
Chinekeme!!!

For what now?
30 seconds prayer is enough and I'm gone.

I can't come and stress myself inside religion o
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by lexy2014: 12:27pm On Mar 03
paxonel:
as a matter of fact there are Muslims and Babalawo traditionalists and even atheists who don't pray, talkless of quiet time, yet they achieve more than Christians how spent hours quietiming.

that is not what I asked you.

how do you know?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 12:35pm On Mar 03
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

how do you know?
because Dangote for example is a Muslim and i don't think Muslims quite time.

And non of our Christians who quite time is as wealthy as him
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:47pm On Mar 03
ebubeson:
Do not confuse midnight prayers or joining an online praying platform as quiet time. Those are good, but they are different from quiet time. Quiet time is a special period in the morning where you pray, read the Bible, read devotional(s), digest them, meditate on them, pray the word and prepare yourself in God for the day. It is a personal communion with God mostly or always done in the morning..
The question now is: do many Christians still do quality quiet time?

No Christian can live without it.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by ola31701: 12:50pm On Mar 03
Rubbish as usualRubbish as usual...
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by cutecommend: 12:54pm On Mar 03
paxonel:

The purpose of quiet time is not mainly for having achievements, but to grow spiritually.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by jetson06: 12:57pm On Mar 03
I spend mine drinking tea with God.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by livebullet(m): 12:57pm On Mar 03
ebubeson:
Do not confuse midnight prayers or joining an online praying platform as quiet time. Those are good, but they are different from quiet time. Quiet time is a special period in the morning where you pray, read the Bible, read devotional(s), digest them, meditate on them, pray the word and prepare yourself in God for the day. It is a personal communion with God mostly or always done in the morning..

So quiet time is only in the morning? Na wa ... Everybody done turn theologan
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Kingson28: 1:07pm On Mar 03
[quote author=paxonel post=128747199]It depend on the Christian.
Not all Christians have that time to spend.
Some people already have their targets for the day, wakes up and say a little prayer for less than one minute and off they go.
And they will achieve so much for the day than those who spent hours quieting their time

It is very obvious that you are not a true and genuine Christian - just a mere churchgoer.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by lexy2014: 1:16pm On Mar 03
paxonel:
because Dangote for example is a Muslim and i don't think Muslims quite time.

And non of our Christians who quite time is as wealthy as him

how do you know?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Originalsly: 1:28pm On Mar 03
What on earth is quiet time ? .... is it not worship? What is it that one should do in quiet time that he doesn't do in worship? Too many Christians have too much drama.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by sureteeboy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03
femi4:
Quiet time is not synonymous to morning prayer. It can be in any other time of the day.

It's human doctrine that linked Quiet time to morning not Jesus

After [Jesus] had dismissed [the crowds], he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was [still] there alone.” (Matthew 14:23

QUIET TIME means alone with God, the time or the hour of meeting is irrelevant

Mark 1:35

And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by AntiChristian: 2:12pm On Mar 03
advocatejare:

Rubbish as usual

You typed "rubbish"!
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03
Kingson28:
[/quote]
It is very obvious that you are not a true and genuine Christian

Quiet time isn't what defines a true or Genuine Christian

- just a mere churchgoer
there is nothing like MERE Christian or a superior Christian.
You don't judge the things of the spirit by the physical mind
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03
cutecommend:
The purpose of quiet time is not mainly for having achievements, but to grow spiritually.
you are very correct!

But what if the Christian is already grown spiritually, is quiet time still necessary?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Yashita: 3:41pm On Mar 03
paxonel:
It depend on the Christian.
Some people already have their targets for the day, wakes up and say a little prayer for less than one minute and off they go.
And they will achieve so much for the day than those who spent hours quieting their time

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you really don't have time for religion. Religion is man made though

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Iykenuwa(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03
Who can recommend any book on Quiet time, please?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by faridaariyo3: 4:22pm On Mar 03
what are those rules?what are those rules?...
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by xproducer: 5:17pm On Mar 03
Indeed...

"And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone." - Matthew 14:23
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by femi4: 6:13pm On Mar 03
sureteeboy:

Mark 1:35

And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Read my post again, this time slowly
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by femi4: 6:14pm On Mar 03
biggal:
Yes you are correct but I have doubts where you said it's not biblical doing it in the morning.
I read in some verses where Jesus woke up very early while others were still sleeping and He retired to a solitary place to observe ahis quiet time.

I said it's not biblical to say quiet time is ONLY morning prayer

I sighted where Jesus had his on some other time of the day.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by DeKing234: 7:07pm On Mar 03
A good Christian does quiet time .
Like for me; I do pray, read my Bible before going to work. 10minutes everyday...is that quiet time?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by DeKing234: 7:09pm On Mar 03
A good Christian does quiet time .
Like for me; I do pray, read my Bible before going to work. 10minutes everyday...is that quiet time?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Barcalee: 8:30pm On Mar 03
O Lord have mercy
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Boldideas: 8:36pm On Mar 03
ebubeson:

A life without a quite time with God is a life filled with many confusion.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Mar 03
Coder2Client:
Quiet Time is for practising Christians (devout) not just Christian by name
As commanded by your gods of men, right? lipsrsealed
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by 145fauzia: 9:50pm On Mar 03
I try to everyday. I have Daily Guide devotional from Scripture Union.It's a very comprehensive guide.I try to everyday. I have Daily Guide devotional from Scripture Union.It's a very comprehensive guide....
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by MightySparrow: 8:07am On Mar 04
paxonel:
It depend on the Christian.

I like your theory. I wish you know that life's graph is not always a straight line through the origin. The targets of today can be the obstacles of tomorrow. The God you don't give time to know today, you will want him to give prompt intervention. You are likely to now need the advice of someone who patiently cultivate the habit of knowing Him or repeat the course yourself. Until you are in a problem you don't know what faith is. You don't develop faith muscles overnight. In the place of quite time, you know God intimately.
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 9:17am On Mar 04
MightySparrow:

I like your theory. I wish you know that life's graph is not always a straight line through the origin.
is the reason why we should work towards straighting the line graph rather than wasting unnecessary time for religious principles like quiet time that has no proof of it reliability

he targets of today can be the obstacles of tomorrow.
the same thing can be experienced by regular quiet timists who didn't take time to plan their day but rely only on their prayers

The God you don't give time to know today, you will want him to give prompt intervention.
a scripture says the same rain that falls on the farm of a good person is the same rain that waters the farm of the wicked, how will you explain that?

You are likely to now need the advice of someone who patiently cultivate the habit of knowing Him or repeat the course yourself. Until you are in a problem you don't know what faith is. You don't develop faith muscles overnight. In the place of quite time, you know God intimately.
The question now is, after knowing God through the quiet time, what else?
Do you continue to do the quiet time and waste quality time you would have used to pursue better things?

I don't think that God want us to be time wasteful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Preparing how to be living From September 2015 / Why You Should Ignore Atheists / "Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.