Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy (18142 Views)

Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy / Enjoy Up To 1million Naira Monthly Rental Income / Urgent!i Am Looking Or Monthly Rental Room In Lagos, I Dont Mind To Share A Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Coolgent(m): 9:02pm On Mar 04
Tell your Boss to start paying salary weekly before enforcing that agbado shit!
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Andrea781: 9:56pm On Mar 04
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/lagos-vows-to-enforce-monthly-rental-policy/
This can't work when people can't pay for 1 year rent is it monthly they will now pay? The government should be ready to pay weekly salaries then. Nigeria Government can copy rubbish they don't understand.
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Naughtysex: 10:13pm On Mar 04
I fully support this
House agent wahala will reduce and you will also be able to live in the area that your salary can afford without having to huge amount of money as agent feel
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Fourtygees: 11:48pm On Mar 04
You have spoken well, it can't work at all. Some people do collect salary, 1st or 2nd week of a new month

wunmi590:

This can't happen, majority of the countries that are doing it, pays weekly, which makes it easy for them to pay rent monthly...

Beside Nigerian employers are not good at paying salaries as at when due, so somebody can't be waiting for salaries before he pay landlord, the person will be evicted in no time..

What they should be doing is making sure that house rent are cheaper and affordable
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by okeke6969: 11:59pm On Mar 04
[quote author=79733139 post=128769784]

The policy doesn't prevent you from negotiating one year's rent with your landlord, it only prevents landlords from insisting on yearly rent if the tenant clearly wants to pay monthly.

[/quote
Ok, I see. It is better then.
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by okeke6969: 12:02am On Mar 05
[quote author=79733139 post=128769784]

The policy doesn't prevent you from negotiating one year's rent with your landlord, it only prevents landlords from insisting on yearly rent if the tenant clearly wants to pay monthly.

[/quote
Ok, I see. It is better then.
I don't leave in Lagos though, but feel for the tenants over there.
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by dayjeee(m): 5:25am On Mar 05
ogil:
Good one. Monthly rent is better. You properly Plan yourself

really? If you are out of job for 3 months you will understand this is not a scheme that can work in a country with high unemployment rate

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by evanvick: 6:14am On Mar 05
Govt should set the pricing policies too
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Teymanhenry(f): 6:36am On Mar 05
This will be a great idea if the Lagos state government begins to pay weekly wages to government workers. That'll in turn make it easier for tenants to pay monthly. If not, e no go work as it will rather increase hardship on tenants

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Acidosis(m): 7:14am On Mar 05
Always copying and downloading people's culture and practices. There is nothing in or about Lagos state residents that suggests that paying monthly rent will improve anything. What's wrong with us??
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by wunmi590(m): 9:28am On Mar 05
Fourtygees:
You have spoken well, it can't work at all. Some people do collect salary, 1st or 2nd week of a new month

You are right, I've worked in a place before where the last month salary enters around 10th the next month, so paying monthly rent is a no no in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by Prettychild(f): 11:18am On Mar 05
ogil:
Good one. Monthly rent is better. You properly Plan yourself

How can you plan yourself when you’re not sure when your next money is coming ? This is good if you’re sure of your next money
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by jchioma: 11:59pm On Mar 05
oyeb15:

Lagos government want to appear responsible in what they couldn't provide for d masses How many housing unit has d useless government built. No government can regulate what they didn't have in stock to compete with private owners.

They must be madt or foolish.

You’ve said it all. It’s a foolish proposal that’s bound to fail however popular it may seem. More of a case of misplaced priority.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by OvertheTop(m): 12:21am On Mar 06
Bluntemperor:

So,this is another way to do what the other Countries are doing in the Western World,abi?
-How many Streets Roads and Major Urban Roads -have have been completed and how many Water are running in Our homes, courtesy of the Lagos State?
- How many World Class Health Facilities are available in Lagos State, afterall,how many do the workers allowed to Patronise and is it not the Masses that have no choice that go there?
-How many Houses have been provided by the State or Federal,at affordable Cost- this was everywhere and in all the Local Govts- during Lateef Jakande Era?
-How many Businesses- Grants have been Provided to the Lagosians Youths,etc, for a business Startup, without Political affiliations!
We de listening,make Una de impress the Masses sha!

The Result will BE:
if you want Year Rent: 300k/Annum
if You want Monthly Rent : 50k/ Month + ( 1year Agency and Agreement). if Default OUT in 1 week!
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by OvertheTop(m): 12:30am On Mar 06
Teymanhenry:
This will be a great idea if the Lagos state government begins to pay weekly wages to government workers. That'll in turn make it easier for tenants to pay monthly. If not, e no go work as it will rather increase hardship on tenants

The Result will BE:
if You want Monthly Rent : 50k/ Month + ( 1year Agency and Agreement). if Default OUT in 1 week!
Re: Lagos Vows To Enforce Monthly Rental Policy by OvertheTop(m): 12:30am On Mar 06
Naughtysex:
I fully support this
House agent wahala will reduce and you will also be able to live in the area that your salary can afford without having to huge amount of money as agent feel

The Result will BE:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Was Defrauded Renting An Apartment In Lagos, My Experience / FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention / Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.