Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna (118588 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / The Fraud Of Christianity-What Is "Pious Fraud"?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by donnie(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
shadeyinka:

The original argument was about the fact that a Christian cannot be Demonized/Possessed of a demon. How come a demon was speaking through the woman?

Did I suggest that a Christian cannot be demonized or oppressed of devils? In fact I gave certain conditions under which that can happen.

My problem (actually the concern of any genuine apostle of Jesus) is with making a doctrine out of experiences. That is wrong!

Our experiences do not negate the Word of God. The Christian has already been delivered! What the minister does is to help the believer come into his/ her inheritance in Christ. You do not assume the place of deliverer of God's people. That's who Jesus was to them.

Proverbs 11:9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

1 Like

Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by shadeyinka(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
donnie:

Did I suggest that a Christian cannot be demonized or oppressed of devils? In fact I gave certain conditions under which that can happen.

My problem (actually the concern of any genuine apostle of Jesus) is with making a doctrine out of experiences. That is wrong!

Our experiences do not negate the Word of God. The Christian has already been delivered! What the minister does is to help the believer come his/ her inheritance in Christ. You so not assume the place of deliverer of God's people. That's who Jesus was to them.

Proverbs 11:9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
Then I agree with you.

Some Christians actually believe that it is impossible for a Christian to be Demonized.

Unfortunately too. Some people have made Deliverance the solution to all problems. This is wrong.

Even dreams have been turned into something else. There must be a balance in everything we do.
The only are I have problem with your post is the bolded.

If any may be in Christ, he is a new creature?
That is very true and Nothing can be added to that

The fact that he is a new creature does not negate the fact that he could be oppressed.

A lot of deliverance can be done by one self. But people like Pastor Chris can have greater faith to uproot demonic influence in some peoples lives. I don't see anything anti scripture in that.

The disciples asked Jesus: why couldn't we cast out the demon from the little boy....
Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by donnie(m): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
shadeyinka:

Then I agree with you.

Some Christians actually believe that it is impossible for a Christian to be Demonized.

Unfortunately too. Some people have made Deliverance the solution to all problems. This is wrong.

Even dreams have been turned into something else. There must be a balance in everything we do.
The only are I have problem with your post is the bolded.

If any may be in Christ, he is a new creature?
That is very true and Nothing can be added to that

The fact that he is a new creature does not negate the fact that he could be oppressed.

A lot of deliverance can be done by one self. But people like Pastor Chris can have greater faith to uproot demonic influence in some peoples lives. I don't see anything anti scripture in that.

The disciples asked Jesus: why couldn't we cast out the demon from the little boy....

Every believer can and should cast out devils from his life or others'. However, this doesn't mean he is being delivered again and again.

That's a wrong teaching. That consciousness can keep God's people in unnecessary bondage.

Why will I be deliverance conscious when I can be righteousness conscious?
Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by shadeyinka(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
donnie:

Every believer can and should cast out devils from his life or others'. However, this doesn't mean he is being delivered again and again.

That's a wrong teaching. That consciousness can keep God's people in unnecessary bondage.

Why will I be deliverance conscious when I can be righteousness conscious?
A Christian who "goes for Deliverance" as a routine is not maturing or living in sin.

If a person cannot do self Deliverance and is always looking for someone to help him pray, I only hope such is not being mislead by greedy Pastors keeping members in perpetual bondage.

1 Like

Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by Exodus23v25(m): 4:38am On May 31, 2020
brotherly:
one of the mistakes of the modern day christians is either to underemphasize or overemphasize the operations of the devil (please read "screwtape letters" by c.s lewis)
Another problem bothers on the gap between what men of God say and what we(hearers) make/understand of their statements. Gbile Akanni is one of the few well respected men of God in the country.
My take on deliverance is that it is wrong for someone to say Christians do not need deliverance, at the same time it is also very wrong for Christians to look at problems only from the deliverance prism.
In the Bible luke 13:11-16 we see a case of a daughter of Abaraham being bound for 18 years and needed special deliverance. From the account of Christ, it was her right to be healed, however the Devil denied her the right. In mark 8:24 a man was still seeing men as trees after just had touched him, he needed a second touch before he could see properly and Jesus did not leave him without warning him not to return to a certain place he was brought from, most likely because of the works of evil there. Christians should know that on a lot of grounds the devil does not play by the rules, hence sometimes to get what is legitimately ours will require special force/operation which I believe is deliverance.

Any real deliverance is supposed to be done by appropriating the word of God, However saying that being born again places one above the need for deliverance is not entirely correct. Here in Africa there are a lot of negative spiritual transactions our forebears entered on our behalf without our knowledge, such cases have to be treated specially

Thank you sir for doing Justice to this sir. Hallelujah!

I'm so glad that I stormed this thread. Deliverance... It isn't a childish play at all. If not for my own Salvation Experience, I wouldn't have believed or knew that there is anything like deliverance. I know what I'm saying even though I'm not breaking down the points right here.

I believed most of us are very familiar with the Encounter accounts of Saul( persecuted Christ people's), later a renowned Biblical Apostle on his way to Damascus with Jesus Christ in Acts. 9. That Encounter Processes was the beginning and the End of Saul "Deliverance", it all started with JESUS himself and ended with Ananias.

JESUS Christ in Matthew 10:1 pioneered the ministering of "deliverance" through his disciples of then and till date.

Prophet Obadiah 1:17 also point out the necessity of deliverance as follows:

1. Deliverance upon mount Zion( house of God)
2. After deliverance, holiness followed, why? see John 5:14
3. House of Jacob Possession's (restoration of what the enemy has stolen from the possessed and the oppressed). This last stage is the most prudent deliverance stage and lot's of those who had gone for deliverance couldn't understand this mystery, that's why after deliverance, few weeks or months later, the same problem that pushed them to the deliverance ground still reoccurring. Why..?

Let's find out why deliverance is a must or needed for every child(ren) of God.......

https://www.nairaland.com/4746122/online-deliverance-dreams-interpretation-god#71392782
Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by Exodus23v25(m): 4:49am On May 31, 2020
shadeyinka:

A Christian who "goes for Deliverance" as a routine is not maturing or living in sin.

If a person cannot do self Deliverance and is always looking for someone to help him pray, I only hope such is not being mislead by greedy Pastors keeping members in perpetual bondage.

Yes, you're very right.... @shadeyinka

"Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." John 5:14.

After Deliverance (or have you seen before where a prisoner bailed him/her self?), that's when the self deliverance (aggressive prayer life and spiritual growth) is ultimately needed for continuity's.
Re: Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna by shadeyinka(m): 6:27am On May 31, 2020
Exodus23v25:

Yes, you're very right.... @shadeyinka

"Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." John 5:14.

After Deliverance (or have you seen before where a prisoner bailed him/her self?), that's when the self deliverance (aggressive prayer life and spiritual growth) is ultimately needed for continuity's.

Deliverance is like a medical intervention. A doctor may be able to treat himself of some ailments but may have to rely on others to perform simple apendisectomy on himself. So has God made division of labour in the Church.

Not withstanding, we should all grow up not to be perpetually dependent on others like a stunted baby

1Cor 14:20:
"Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla: What TB Joshua Said When I Told Him He Was Going To Die / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! / "Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.