Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. (22875 Views)

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? / Dangote Cement Spent ₦196 Billion On Fuel And Power In 2021 Due To Inflation / Jumia Dispatch Rider Punches & Manhandles Customer For Rejecting An Item (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Johnsonibx(m): 6:00pm On Mar 05
Kinzo0917:

I am thinking 🤔 most Christians will stop paying their tithe this days

Is the tithe enough to spend even when you did not pay it?

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Princeton92(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05
Kinzo0917:

So true and even going to church sef... righteousness22 don reduce evangelism here 😆

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Kinzo0917(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05
Blacktruth:

Yes

It will be too expensive than

Like how data in a month?
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Kinzo0917(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05
LemTech:
Tin peak milk. Stopped buying when it was #600.

God willing, 2moro my office 🏢 will share atleast 16 tin peak milk each, I milo, 3 packs of sugar, 3 g.oil 20 mudos of beans to mark d beginning of Islam fasting.

If not, how person wan take drink milk?

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Tonyx5(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05
Olatara:
before the inflation, sharwama was 2.4k now 3.5k.

Where do you buy yours for 2k
Unilag ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Kinzo0917(m): 6:15pm On Mar 05
Johnsonibx:

Is the tithe enough to spend even when you did not pay it?

If ur salary is 50k for instance, your tithe will be 5k
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Kinzo0917(m): 6:17pm On Mar 05
Princeton92:

So true and even going to church sef... righteousness22 don reduce evangelism here 😆

No be small thing o

Someone receiving 70k, to remove 7k as tithe in this economy no easy

It takes the grace of God to pay your tithe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Goldenfinger5(m): 6:34pm On Mar 05
Shaving stick

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Paiebi(m): 6:34pm On Mar 05
Fuel

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 7:53pm On Mar 05
PrettyRX:
No more Chinese restaurants or expensive eat-outs grin
No more buying fuel, looking to get solar. If possible dump my prepaid too sad
solar is expensive to acquire compare to prepaid
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 7:55pm On Mar 05
boxypane:
Indomie, spaghetti(when rice dey), sea food
rice is more expensive than spaghetti

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 7:58pm On Mar 05
Demiurgos:
Garri is now 120 per cup. I've stopped buying since
how much is a paint if a cup is #120?

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 8:17pm On Mar 05
iLegendd:
I didn't stop any. I wanted to stop buying Cyway water for 1200 per bottle and cook my water at home, [b]but realized it's less than a Dollar. [/b]Our Naira still has good purchasing power within Nigeria.

The only thing I stopped are Hollandia yogurt and someone of those drinkable things because of the fake product trend that rocked the nation some months ago.
can you give me that less than a dollar to have something to eat tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 8:27pm On Mar 05
Kinzo0917:

I thank God say my office go give is milk, milo, sugar, beans, 3 big cans of g.oil for the starting of Islam fasting. Then by easter, na 50kg bag of rice, 3 big cans of g.oil and 3k

If not, I no remember wen I drink milk last
which company be this??

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 8:30pm On Mar 05
Kinzo0917:

yes most likely. Only those that are very comfortable will continue paying

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Babysho(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05
- Sardine. I found a place to buy panla and I manage that. 400 for 3.
- Pure water. I boil my water.
- Plantain
- I've stopped cutting my hair often. I leave it to grow anyhow now make barber deal with am.

All of the foods I eat are natural and they're not as inflated as imported/canned/plastics items. Although, still a struggle, the fruits are getting too expensive and are of low quality like the oranges. You go almost break your hand to squeeze orange for a drop of vitamin C.

The silver lining is that this inflation is forcing people to eat better. These shiitts we buy in plastic and cans are bad for us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Twoclans(f): 8:45pm On Mar 05
Noodles is cancelled until further notice .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by colestephan86: 8:52pm On Mar 05
Love800:
Okay.
My last question. What type of fowl(bird)?
Layers
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by iLegendd(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05
Scholace:
can you give me that less than a dollar to have something to eat tomorrow?
I'm actually happy we Nigerians are suffering. I'm even more happy men with more than 4 children are struggling to eat once a day.

At least, his children will learn from experience that being poor and having more than 4 children is stupidity. Also, this suffering will push the youths to be united in having one voice when elections comes. We'll understand all the elections we rig for old men and the bribe we take as corp members, thugs, etc. will come to bite back one way or the other.

I'm currently so heartless towards Nigerians. I'm enjoying the suffering. Zero atom of empathy from me at the moment even though I'm one of the most empathic person.

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Glister: 9:16pm On Mar 05
PrettyRX:
No more Chinese restaurants or expensive eat-outs grin
No more buying fuel, looking to get solar. If possible dump my prepaid too sad

You can contact me for your solar need.
080.6.3 2.4.6.7.93.
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CandidAdmin(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05
iLegendd:
I'm actually happy we Nigerians are suffering. I'm even more happy men with more than 4 children are struggling to eat once a day.

At least, his children will learn from experience that being poor and having more than 4 children is stupidity. Also, this suffering will push the youths to be united in having one voice when elections comes. We'll understand all the elections we rig for old men and the bribe we take as corp members, thugs, etc. will come to bite back one way or the other.

I'm currently so heartless towards Nigerians. I'm enjoying the suffering. Zero atom of empathy from me at the moment even though I'm one of the most empathic person.

Reach out while you can. You never know how long they'll last.

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Emekuz256(m): 9:26pm On Mar 05
1.buying Rice in a restaurant.
2.Swallow from a restaurant cos it's expensive ND very small

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by iLegendd(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05
CandidAdmin:

Reach out while you can. You never know how long they'll last.
Most of you love to mingle. Some of us prefer being alone and we're so used to it, so we're less emotionally bothered or attached to living things.

We're less bothered when people die, because we know that ours is just a few years ahead.

Life is just a game of survival. Anyone attaching too much emotions to it will regularly get hurt by those who have learned not to based on experience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by CandidAdmin(m): 9:47pm On Mar 05
iLegendd:
Most of you love to mingle. Some of us prefer being alone and we're so used to it, so we're less emotionally bothered or attached to living things.

We're less bothered when people die, because we know that ours is just a few years ahead.

Life is just a game of survival. Anyone attaching too much emotions to it will regularly get hurt by those who have learned not to don't care based on experience.

Sigh!!!

What's the point?

1 Like

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by iLegendd(m): 9:58pm On Mar 05
CandidAdmin:

Sigh!!!

What's the point?
The point is, don't depend on your fellow human, because they'll always disappoint you when you need them the most. You'll live a happier life when you're self-sufficient with you and your God and you don't expect anything from a living thing.

That's the life I live. Zero expectations from humans. I guess I unknowingly expect everyone to live my kind of lifestyle, but it's impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by LZAA: 10:07pm On Mar 05
CountinBlessins:
playstation 5 game discs.
Infact i am putting my ps5 up for sale soonest. i cant be spending 60k on a game disc when i have dogs to feed,my daughter to feed, myself to feed, my mum to send money to, and prostitutes to patronize on the weekend.
My gee😄✌️

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by boxypane(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05
Scholace:
rice is more expensive than spaghetti
Sir rice is more fulfilling o.

2 Likes

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 12:47am On Mar 06
iLegendd:

interesting

But i doubt this hardship will make an average Nigerians have some iota of sense. They are more likely to vote in their oppressors again or vote for the highest bidder.
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Scholace: 12:52am On Mar 06
iLegendd:
The point is, don't depend on your fellow human, because they'll always disappoint you when you need them the most. You'll live a happier life when you're self-sufficient with you and your God and you don't expect anything from a living thing.

That's the life I live. Zero expectations from humans. I guess I unknowingly expect everyone to live my kind of lifestyle, but it's impossible.
I live such life also. I do not expect anything from anyone, and that doesn't stop me from helping if i have the means. I can't overlook someone that came to ask for something i have more of it or have in abundance. I don't have such mindset.
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Tonytonex(m): 4:35am On Mar 06
Vinnie2000:
I was with two 17,18 yr old Girls yesterday and one was Drinking Nutri-Milk.

The Other Asked her how Much she bought it, The Drinker said N600!

This Girl now said 'What, You Try o. Since FANTA reach N300, I Stop to buy am'. shocked embarassed

I just Laughed inwardly because since Prices of INDOMIE Noodles hit the Roof, I STOPPED Buying. undecided

Even Young Pple don Wise for Nigeria! cheesy

So Which Food Item/Commodity have you STOPPED Buying due to Inflation? smiley
na only Indomie, I no go carry my money buy. Infact, na mumu go carry him hard earned money buy Indomie. Imagine buying 2 Indomie for 1k. Money that you can use to eat a plate of real food with meat sef.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Love800(m): 4:38am On Mar 06
Alright. Those brown coloured ones. Abi?
colestephan86:

Layers
Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by Demiurgos: 5:32am On Mar 06
Scholace:
how much is a paint if a cup is #120?
1 mudu = 8 cups
8×120 = 960
1 paint = 3 mudu
960×3 = 2880

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Your C.A.C Company Registration and Get a Free Delivery Nation Wide / CBN Issues Guidelines For China-Nigeria Currency Swap Deal (Pics) / How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.