Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

“There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel (23348 Views)

See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by pharmow: 4:39pm On Mar 06
RichDaniels:

The pastor is wrong. Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple Inc is the richest and highest paid person in the world. In 2023, Tim Cook received a salary of over 200 million dollars and has a combined net worth of 1.4 billion dollars. Tim Cook is not a shareholder to any company nor does he own any business to his name. All his wealth has been made from salaries. The same goes for Sundar Pichai (1.2 billion, CEO of Google) and Safari Catz (1 billion) CEO of Oracle.

The bolded is a lie. Tim Cook owns over 3 million Apple shares. As a matter of fact, his net worth is determined by the number of shares he owned not his salary. Same with Sundar Pichai with shares in Alphabet. All the CEOs of the fortune 500 companies regularly receive stock options in addition to their salaries. If you own shares you're a businessman.

1 Like

Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:41pm On Mar 06
Truths9ja:
hmm 🤔. Are you saying that’s all the have niii? Tony Elumelu that owns UBA have 3 to 5 chains of business that is giving him money daily. Forget this CEOs, most of them have series of business they are managing too. Most of them are in Real Estate business too

The koko is they are salary earners.

They made the money which they later invested in any other business from their salaries.

The pastor shouldn't have generalize, he should have used words like some, many, majority, most etc.

There is iota of truth in his statement but the manner or way in which he presented it is not totally truth.

Look at it this way, there are many salary earners that are way way way financially stable that many business owners/entrepreneurs, same way there are many business owners/entrepreneurs that are way way way financially stable than many salary earners.

Though, investing which is also a form of business/entrepreneur create more financially stable individuals than working(paid jobs).

So, he should have also added "working without investing or starting your own hustle has low chance of creating financially stable individuals.

I don't know if you get the point I am trying to make here.

Both fields have rich men in them, tho business/entrepreneur has higher percentage, and most rich people in the salary are also business people/entrepreneur on the side.

In summary, he shouldn't have generalize it.
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:45pm On Mar 06
pharmow:

The bolded is a lie. Tim Cook owns over 3 million Apple shares. As a matter of fact, his net worth is determined by the number of shares he owned not his salary. Same with Sundar Pichai with shares in Alphabet. All the CEOs of the fortune 500 companies regularly receive stock options in addition to their salaries. If you own shares you're a businessman.

Those shares are forms of compensation na, abi what are you saying?

There is a difference in hustling for your money and buying shares as a form of investment for yourself and being giving as a form compensation in the line of one's work.
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by ThothHermes: 5:26pm On Mar 06
pharmow:

This is no competition.
Indeed it is not. You just don't want to agree you are wrong, hence the goalpost shifting
We are just sharing knowledge. Let me give you a good example of top level employee getting surprised. Andy Jessy is the CEO of Amazon (One of the biggest companies in the world). In 2022, his total compensation package plunged to $1.3 million annually from $212 million in 2021. That's a whooping 99% drop.
Citing individual examples will not make you right. Remember the discussion -- can you get rich on a salary?
Imagine Andy blowing through $212 million in 2021 (don't tell it's impossible to blow through $200 m in a year. You might want to check the price of super yacht first) only to be stung with a 99% salary drop the following year. Even if you buy 10 superyachts, you won't become poor as the yachts are still yours.
A person who earns $1.3 m annually is not poor.
An employee will always be at the mercy of the employer.
Not always true. Kylian Mbappe is an employee of PSG but he's not at their mercy by any measure. Employee get level.
Truly, most employees will not get rich but there are some that do, and that's the point of this discussion.
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by ThothHermes: 5:30pm On Mar 06
pharmow:

Even without stock options they are still wealthy. What's your definition of wealthy anyway?
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by Truths9ja: 7:03pm On Mar 06
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

The koko is they are salary earners.

They made the money which they later invested in any other business from their salaries.

The pastor shouldn't have generalize, he should have used words like some, many, majority, most etc.

There is iota of truth in his statement but the manner or way in which he presented it is not totally truth.

Look at it this way, there are many salary earners that are way way way financially stable that many business owners/entrepreneurs, same way there are many business owners/entrepreneurs that are way way way financially stable than many salary earners.

Though, investing which is also a form of business/entrepreneur create more financially stable individuals than working(paid jobs).

So, he should have also added "working without investing or starting your own hustle has low chance of creating financially stable individuals.

I don't know if you get the point I am trying to make here.

Both fields have rich men in them, tho business/entrepreneur has higher percentage, and most rich people in the salary are also business people/entrepreneur on the side.

In summary, he shouldn't have generalize it.
you are on point too bro
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by sniperr007(m): 7:31pm On Mar 06
Truths9ja:
Wigwe didn’t depend on Access bank holdings only, he has other chains of business. He even built his university in Rivers State for profits.

He was a salary earner and hence made money
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by Truths9ja: 7:52pm On Mar 06
sniperr007:

He was a salary earner and hence made money
he has chains of business fetching him money too
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by ecolime(m): 1:44am On Mar 07
Godmother:

Look at you saying you are sure.

We fast in the church, uncle.
And before you go another line, this pastor doesn't collect salary from the church. Hasnt collected a dime in over 20 years

He has a collection of different businesses that give him money.
No wahala... I agree you fast personally.

But, does your Pastor look like someone who can fast for 12 hours?

1 Like

Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by Godmother(f): 10:50pm On Mar 09
ecolime:

No wahala... I agree you fast personally.

But, does your Pastor look like someone who can fast for 12 hours?

Lol. You are funny.
Is it in the look
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by TheFreshVanilla: 11:06pm On Mar 09
Many of you are dumb. Mention a salary earning billionaire in Nigeria. Stop making references to America where life is better.
RichDaniels:

The pastor is wrong. Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple Inc is the richest and highest paid person in the world. In 2023, Tim Cook received a salary of over 200 million dollars and has a combined net worth of 1.4 billion dollars. Tim Cook is not a shareholder to any company nor does he own any business to his name. All his wealth has been made from salaries. The same goes for Sundar Pichai (1.2 billion, CEO of Google) and Safari Catz (1 billion) CEO of Oracle.
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by RichDaniels: 1:21pm On Mar 10
TheFreshVanilla:
Many of you are dumb. Mention a salary earning billionaire in Nigeria. Stop making references to America where life is better.

It's funny how you're the dumb one but you try to sound as if you're making sense, when you're not. There are thousands of wealthy Nigerian salary earners. I mean to even start, you can look at our politicians. A governor or senator in Nigeria earns higher than the US president. Nigerian senators earn over 300,000 dollars which includes salaries, benefits, allowances and others, in a year they earn above 3 million dollars, this means just being a mere senator in Nigeria, you automatically become a millionaire in network after a year. What do you consider as rich then?

Let me even surprise you that most MDs, CEOs and directors to some companies and banks in Nigeria earn even more. Zenith bank CEO in 2018 was at an interviewing claiming that directors to the bank earn far higher than 300,000 dollars annually, he stated that the problem isn't that senators earn well, it is that they do not put the money to good use for the people by representing them efficiently. Get your facts right, please.
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by TheFreshVanilla: 1:39pm On Mar 10
See how dumb you are again. We are talking about the general populace who are salary earners, you're referring to greedy Naija politicians with inflated 4 year salary structure.
RichDaniels:

It's funny how you're the dumb one but you try to sound as if you're making sense, when you're not. There are thousands of wealthy Nigerian salary earners. I mean to even start, you can look at our politicians. A governor or senator in Nigeria earns higher than the US president. Nigerian senators earn over 300,000 dollars which includes salaries, benefits, allowances and others, in a year they earn above 3 million dollars, this means just being a mere senator in Nigeria, you automatically become a millionaire in network after a year. What do you consider as rich then?

Let me even surprise you that most MDs, CEOs and directors to some companies and banks in Nigeria earn even more. Zenith bank CEO in 2018 was at an interviewing claiming that directors to the bank earn far higher than 300,000 dollars annually, he stated that the problem isn't that senators earn well, it is that they do not put the money to good use for the people by representing them efficiently. Get your facts right, please.
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by RichDaniels: 5:47pm On Mar 10
TheFreshVanilla:
See how dumb you are again. We are talking about the general populace who are salary earners, you're referring to greedy Naija politicians with inflated 4 year salary structure.

Did you check the original trend? Or you just came and started talking trash 😂. The thread stated "no one becomes rich through salaries" it never stated general populace. I don't know where your small brain go that from 😂😆
Re: “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel by Dreamsking: 8:56am On Mar 12
AncientAlien:

This man is rich in wisdom. I will forever like his teachings.

You have every right to like him. But his finger print investment club scammed me of my hard earned money. Hence I can never follow anything he says again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business / How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga / Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.