Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,628 members, 7,823,762 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade (26222 Views)

Adunni Ade And Her Boyfriend All Loved Up / PHOTOS: Adunni Ade At The Falz Experience / Adunni Ade's Makeup Photo Vs Her Makeup Free Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by ejimatic: 4:29pm On Mar 06
CartelKenneth:

Is it our fault that we were colonized by the British and Portuguese? Or did we ask God to colonize us
That does not meanwe should abandon our native tongue. Should we colonise ourselves by jettisoning our languages? If they teach Yoruba in America and Britain we should appreciate our cultural heritage!
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by YoungLionken(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06
cocolacec:

Only someone with a slave mentality think like this.You can tell all European nations to adopt English as their lingua franca.Adopting a foreign language as your own is nothing but slavery ,it means your ancestors meant nothing to You.You want English so your slave master can always hear your secrets.
A Swede once told me the best gift you can give your is your language.

You and your ilks keep deceiving yourselves by refusing a sound reasoning and conclusion to "slave mentality". Nobody wants to think outside the box without the "slave mentality" as a label..

It's quite unfortunate that our ancestors lost (regrettably) to the British. However, we have to accept the war effect of win and loss. How long shall we continue to dwell in the past, huh? The Igbos still blame Nigeria till date due to the civil war, while we collectively blame the British for our woes after their expedition across Africa, centuries ago..

Even your kings have moved on by paying several visits and diplomatically engaging the Caucasians both home and away..

By the way, I hope you're in Nigeria (your hometown preferably), otherwise, you're being hypocritical and not serious about what you're trying to say...
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Kingrshd3: 4:35pm On Mar 06
money121:
You have inferiority complex

If not for yoruba movie who sabi You?

Don't mind the crap
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by enemyofprogress: 4:38pm On Mar 06
Born throwey.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by enemyofprogress: 4:39pm On Mar 06
money121:

no mind am. The English self, she no sabi speak am, without sand, sand inside it

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by GreaterFuture(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06
ffo:

Here in USA, people are wishing they can speak other languages apart from English and wish to be like us that can speak multiple languages
You are in the US?
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Franzinni: 4:46pm On Mar 06
You can't blame her... It's like trying to ask davido what its like in the streets.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by maasoap(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06
bigpriik:
she shouldnt worry yoruba language will soon go into extinction in less than 200 years.

Lol. Only if you know how many Yorubas that don't finish ordinary primary school. And there's no second language (like pidgin English) in Yoruba land except for Lagos state.
Even many that still manage to finish secondary schools can't speak English language or pidgin English, na Yoruba language pulaa! grin grin grin. Extinction my ass

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Anatolia: 4:49pm On Mar 06
Obakoolex:

Oh I forgot! It's your fore fathers that owns Lagos. Beta keep kwayet kid.

You guys are lucky there are not many people like me in Nigeria. Because by the time, I teach you guys bitter lessons including MC Oluomo, you won’t have mouth to say Lagos belongs to Yoruba. Any Nigerian can settle anywhere and vote according to their conscience. No fool can tell them they don’t have rights in any part of the country.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Chukwuka319(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06
YoungLionken:
She's damn right..

In addition, that's why there's tribalism every where in the country. The British defeated us and gave us a unified language (which is even an advantage because it is fast becoming a global language, the Chinese, Russians, Indians, Koreans, etc want to learn it and their younger generations are all into it). So, let's move on with it and focus on other areas that are far more challenging than this...
English is already one of the global languages and the only true global Lingua Franca.

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Chukwuka319(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06
Babangidapikin:
The only Yoruba actress I am crushing on ....
Lol! Actress with a basket brain.
What sensible person talks down on their mother tongue?
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Anatolia: 4:52pm On Mar 06
Pristine664:

Envy and jealousy has already rendered you guys mentally invalid. 😂

Is "NIGERIA" a Nigerian language?

Is "DELTA" the language of any tribe in Delta?? 😂

Why will I be envying what belongs to me? Lagos belongs to me and every Nigerian. I can come to Ibadan and stay and do as I please within the laws of the state. No fool can tell me to leave any part of Nigeria.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Babangidapikin: 4:56pm On Mar 06
Chukwuka319:

Lol! Actress with a basket brain.
What sensible person talks down on their mother tongue?
cool Some of us can't speak our mother tongue fluently , when you see us listening while you talk , it is our scope to avoid talking...at least she is trying, speaking her mother tongue proudly and globally .

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Anatolia: 4:57pm On Mar 06
Obakoolex:

Oh I forgot! It's your fore fathers that owns Lagos. Beta keep kwayet kid.

My grandfather owned Lagos although he was born before Nigeria was created. Every Nigerian owns Lagos. If you doubt it, force people from other regions to stop coming to Lagos. It is because the government allowed MC Oluomo and the Oba of Lagos to get away with their empty threats. That is the reason why you guys are emboldened to come online to tell us Lagos belongs to Yoruba.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Ladymillion(f): 4:57pm On Mar 06
money121:

Sir Savage, I salute you

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Olurondo: 5:00pm On Mar 06
Idiot. Omo Ale Yoruba.Speaking your own language is draining?Foolish talk!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Kimjongun: 5:00pm On Mar 06
Lagosianswag:

She's actually of mixed race hence the skin colour and hair texture. Even though she added some finishing touches to make the skin glow and hair shine. grin

Then this explains her comment about Yoruba language then.
If she want to speak English she should move to England
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by YourGFsnatcher: 5:01pm On Mar 06
money121:

Serious one. I'm not yoruba but I love the language 💯
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by omooba969(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06
allthingsgood:
Lost youth

Note: Adunni is a single mother

What's wrong with being a single mother? undecided
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Ykc2(m): 5:04pm On Mar 06
sukkot:
grin try Russian or Igbo
which musician for nigeria wey no dey use Igbo sing ? If dey 500 girls names sing nigeria igbos girls name go be 490 , because na simple and finest name
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Princezibk: 5:06pm On Mar 06
Obakoolex:
But I heard it's you adunni that always lobbying for roles in Yoruba movies, and we all know it's not your talent that speaks for you but the....Otto ocha lipsrsealed

Yet you shamelessly adopt Lagos as part of your name, even tho we have no idiot as Lagospikin talkless of first son undecided
Don’t mind them ,,, they will leave their lands and come look for greener pastures in Lagos SW but still hate on we OMOLUABI’s 😏😏

3 Likes

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Pristine664: 5:06pm On Mar 06
Anatolia:

Why will I be envying what belongs to me? Lagos belongs to me and every Nigerian. I can come to Ibadan and stay and do as I please within the laws of the state. No fool can tell me to leave any part of Nigeria.

You won't be displaying so much anger if you are sure Lagos belongs to you. There is a inner voice telling you the truth and making you regret where your parents came from. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Chucks13: 5:13pm On Mar 06
money121:

Just ignore her. She is one of them the confused, no identity obidients, so don't be too surprise.

She is one of the advocate Lagos is no man's land crooner.

Aduuni go and speak the English no one forced Yoruba on you.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by GodHimself: 5:13pm On Mar 06
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by compton11(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06
Fùck this bítch
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by caye(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06
bigpriik:
she shouldnt worry yoruba language will soon go into extinction in less than 200 years.

The ancients used to talk about a poetic language, in which a word can be used to rhyme in different styles ( Terrence McKenna).
The language that comes close is the Yoruba language.

Our plans to keep it alive and well for the next 1000 yrs will succeed; because it is a beautiful language, the language of poets, Aṣẹ.

If you don't know, every household in Yorubaland has an oriki ( poetry) ; simply showing that the ancient Yorubas were a poetic PPL. It's a beautiful language.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
For a sweet description, check out a page on " To Mother With Love" by Dr.Tai Solarin:-

Ẹwà:- beauty
Ẹ̀wà:- beans
Ẹ̄wá:- come
Ẹ̄ẹ̀wà:- you didn't come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by grandstar(m): 5:17pm On Mar 06
allthingsgood:
Lost youth

Note: Adunni is a single mother

I am not proud about this but don't put her down.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Hespee93: 5:24pm On Mar 06
bigpriik:

The Language that is being learn all over the world.

Day play cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Kimjongun: 5:25pm On Mar 06
YoungLionken:

You and your ilks keep deceiving yourselves by refusing a sound reasoning and conclusion to "slave mentality". Nobody wants to think outside the box without the "slave mentality" as a label..

It's quite unfortunate that our ancestors lost (regrettably) to the British. However, we have to accept the war effect of win and loss. How long shall we continue to dwell in the past, huh? The Igbos still blame Nigeria till date due to the civil war, while we collectively blame the British for our woes after their expedition across Africa, centuries ago..

Even your kings have moved on by paying several visits and diplomatically engaging the Caucasians both home and away..

By the way, I hope you're in Nigeria (your hometown preferably), otherwise, you're being hypocritical and not serious about what you're trying to say...

Your argument is wrong.
You want to erase the identity of 60 million people because you want to eradicate tribalism?
This is not possible, segregation does not appear by language alone. USA speak the same language and there is still division among them even the division that is not about race.
99 percent of Rwanda speak Kinyarwanda, and yet they are the symbol of modern day tribal conflict.

The British might have colonized us in the past, but we were not successfully conquered. Today we rule ourselves and we own our lands.
The only relationship we have with the British today is diplomatic and its not that of conquered and conquerors.
If you want to see conquered people go to Australia or USA.

Our ancestors successfully chased the British away. It's up to us to uphold their victory.

Don't listen to many of these so called celebrities or their children, a lot of them are not Nigerians even children of politicians.
Although they enjoy the largesse their status, social and political situation in Nigeria provide them. They don't enjoy being Nigerian and our culture, it's strange to them.
They grew up in Europe, USA, etc and they are registered citizens there. Racism has also ensured to make them believe the European culture is the supreme.
So they will surely hate us and our culture. It's the effect of the system of racism they grew up and identified with.

Our strongest asset is our language and identity it will be very very foolish for us to throw it away.
For goodness sake even the people enslaved to the America's fought to keep their identity and culture. Many are still trying to learn about their origin and culture till today.

About these traditional rulers, please forget about these people. These people are only looking for what to eat. They are not the real owner of these crowns and the land. The real owners of these crown were sent to exile during colonization.
And the colonizers ensure they(exiled monarchs) won't pass their values and way of life to their offspring that may inherit them.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by airsaylongcome: 5:27pm On Mar 06
Kimjongun:
What do you expect from someone who want to be white soo much. She bleached her entire generation and make her hair like a white girl

She bleached? Biracial people bleach?

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Kimjongun: 5:29pm On Mar 06
airsaylongcome:

She bleached? Biracial people bleach?

I didn't know she is biracial, but if she is biracial then yes my argument is correct. She needs to shut up and not comment about the culture she is not part of any more.
If she like English so much, she should move to England
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by airsaylongcome: 5:31pm On Mar 06
Inosky:
I like all Nigerian languages, but Yoruba language requires energy for someone to make sense of what you're saying. Igbo language is so romantic in my ear, while Hausa language is so fierce.
Urhobo is mild to my ear.
Nigeria has quite a lot of languages I have never heard though.

Urhobo mild? I'm an Urhobo and a proud one..but Urhobo is tough man. The dialects close to the Ijaws is pure "madness". Udu and Ughievwen. I understand both but it's still hilarious listening to them speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna And DJ Humility In 'Sho Mo Age Mi' Video Skit / Adekunle Gold Dressed Like An Arabian, About To Drop Two Hit Songs / Osas And Gbenro Ajibade Go On A Family Vacation After Rumored Marital Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.