Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade (26155 Views)

Adunni Ade And Her Boyfriend All Loved Up / PHOTOS: Adunni Ade At The Falz Experience / Adunni Ade's Makeup Photo Vs Her Makeup Free Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by OniyideAmplify(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06
Anatolia:

Mind you Lagos is not a Yoruba word but Portuguese. You guys are quick to claim Lagos forgetting that it was developed with the commonwealth of Nigerians. You are getting away with such claims because people are cowards in this country. By the time, you guys are taught a bitter lesson, you will stop shoving it on people that Lagos belongs to Yoruba. Lagos belongs to Nigeria!
You are just jealous, even if Lagos is to be taken away from the Yorubas, it can never be from the yam legs. Y'all are hating on Yorubas forgotten that your generations would have been poor if not for this accommodating people called Yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by airsaylongcome: 5:35pm On Mar 06
Kimjongun:

I didn't know she is biracial, but if she is biracial then yes my argument is correct. She needs to shut up and not comment about the culture she is not part of any more.
If she like English so much, she should move to England

I mean she hasn't said she doesn't speak or understand the language. She just finds that it can be demanding speaking it. And I agree in mnlany ways. I'm not Yoruba. I was born in Ibadan and came back to Yoruba land after 12 years. Good understanding of Ibadan and Ibarapa dialects. But omo, I no dey gree speak Yoruba cos of intonation. She might be facing the same "discrimination" for speaking "incorrect" Yoruba where she incorrectly pronounces some words.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by naija4life247: 5:44pm On Mar 06
After being dumped by the Yahoo Yahoo boy who impregnated her leading to the birth of her bastard children, and after being passed around by the members of Yoruba and Igbo Demons Association (YIDA) like a common intimacy gadget which she is, why won't she be drained hearing or speaking Nigeria's traditional languages.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by kayyyy44: 5:44pm On Mar 06
Yoruba people and aaaaahh na five and six🤣🤣 It takes 100,000 calories to shout ahhh ahhhhhhh kilode grin[/quote]
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by CuntPeddler: 5:46pm On Mar 06
money121:
You have inferiority complex

If not for yoruba movie who sabi You?

You said what? It’s you who doesn’t know her. She’s not the regular Asabawood actress you know. She’s ‘A’ grade

Though her ideology on native languages is a stupid one I must admit.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by naija4life247: 5:46pm On Mar 06
kayyyy44:
Yoruba people and aaaaahh na five and six🤣🤣 It takes 100,000 calories to shout ahhh ahhhhhhh kilode grin

If I dey for Heaven Gate on Judgement Day, I won't allow you in until you shout AAAHHHHH in a trillion times
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by naija4life247: 5:47pm On Mar 06
CuntPeddler:

You said what? It’s you who doesn’t know her. She’s not the regular Asabawood actress you know. She’s ‘A’ grade

She is cheaper than those you have in mind. Someone that MC Oluomo and his boys have been passing around like intimacy gadget
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by CuntPeddler: 5:50pm On Mar 06
naija4life247:

She is cheaper than those you have in mind. Someone that MC Oluomo and his boys have been passing around like intimacy gadget

And those you have in mind are way cheaper because ordinary movie editor or marketer dey knack dem for roles.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by geoworldedu: 5:53pm On Mar 06
YoungLionken:

Don't play bro, you see Jet-Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Abramovich, (not to mention that Vlad. Putin speaks and understand English well. While Xi Jiping always struggle with English, to and watch the BRICS summit in South Africa). But it's never the case with Obama, Trump and Biden with other languages. Moreso, on comparison, you will rather see a Chinese/Russian trying to learn the English than otherwise, especially the youths and kids..

Yes, they say that to massage their ego, just same way some of us say trash about the US but won't even think twice, if given the visa...
That these people can speak English doesn't mean that majority of them learn how to speak English. This is fallacy of hasty generalisation. The major reason people learn foreign language is having travelling to those countries in view, or working with it. Jackie wanted to work with the US so he learnt English. Now tell me, how many Russians want to work in the US or UK? Very few bro. They have a good country, so they won't bother leaving to other places.

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by lanre316: 5:56pm On Mar 06
OMO ALE!!,!
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by EleventhWeirdo: 6:01pm On Mar 06
Anatolia:

Mind you Lagos is not a Yoruba word but Portuguese. You guys are quick to claim Lagos forgetting that it was developed with the commonwealth of Nigerians. You are getting away with such claims because people are cowards in this country. By the time, you guys are taught a bitter lesson, you will stop shoving it on people that Lagos belongs to Yoruba. Lagos belongs to Nigeria!
. Can you come to Lagos and say this with a microphone pls?
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by money121(m): 6:02pm On Mar 06
CuntPeddler:

Dey play

1 Like

Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Anatolia: 6:02pm On Mar 06
OniyideAmplify:
You are just jealous, even if Lagos is to be taken away from the Yorubas, it can never be from the yam legs. Y'all are hating on Yorubas forgotten that your generations would have been poor if not for this accommodating people called Yorubas.

I will not condescend to insulting you because you obviously have no home training. Are Yorubas rich as a people or is there any part of Nigeria that is rich except for the Niger-Delta. If we were to go our separate ways as a country, is there any viable economy in the south west? You have not finished taking care of yourself, yet you are claiming that you helped your fellow Nigerians.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by yinkeys(m): 6:09pm On Mar 06
banku:
Thank your father for bringing you home instead of wasting abroad.

Omo Ale!
Speaking Yoruba doesn’t come natural to her
Some people revert to English when they’re stuck
It should be the other way as Africans
That’s what colonialism does to nations
Pushes your culture as a trivia part of your being
At least she speaks it fluently, there are people that can’t. Blame their parents.
Remember she’s half African
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by CorrectionFLuid: 6:22pm On Mar 06
Obakoolex:
But I heard it's you adunni that always lobbying for roles in Yoruba movies, and we all know it's not your talent that speaks for you but the....Otto ocha lipsrsealed

Yet you shamelessly adopt Lagos as part of your name, even tho we have no idiot as Lagospikin talkless of first son undecided

Lagos is not a Yoruba word.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by nyabinghi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 06
This one na mugu
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by cgc2000: 6:55pm On Mar 06
Estoy de acuerdo
t2luv1:

Partner living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida you ain't got no choice but to start learning Spanish. I am now 60% fluent in Spanish, in two more years watch out people. Hablare Espanol con mucha fluidez (I will be very fluent in Spanish)
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by nyabinghi(m): 6:56pm On Mar 06
Anatolia:

I will not condescend to insulting you because you obviously have no home training. Are Yorubas rich as a people or is there any part of Nigeria that is rich except for the Niger-Delta. If we were to go our separate ways as a country, is there any viable economy in the south west? You have not finished taking care of yourself, yet you are claiming that you helped your fellow Nigerians.
if you leave you will fight civil war within yourselves
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by foleskay(m): 6:56pm On Mar 06
CartelKenneth:

They’re the worst tribe in Nigeria. There is literally nothing good about them . They’re so ugly and dirty don’t even like each other not to talk with others there’s something fundamentally wrong with that tribe
This one reeks of stupidity. A real definition of ''oloriburuku''
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Anatolia: 7:07pm On Mar 06
EleventhWeirdo:
. Can you come to Lagos and say this with a microphone pls?

Give me 10 reasons why should I say it with a microphone ? You guys need to be taught a bitter lesson for asking a fellow Nigerian to leave any part of Nigeria. If I catch any of you saying this, I will personally flog the foolishness out of you.
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by OYEDIPE(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06
bigpriik:
she shouldnt worry yoruba language will soon go into extinction in less than 200 years.
Like your father tongue..... Elerhibuuuuu
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by zinaunreal(m): 7:10pm On Mar 06
As she see am as stress na by force to speak?
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by SAMBARRY: 7:11pm On Mar 06
EleventhWeirdo:
I've always suspected that she's senseless. I have been right all along. The same Yoruba that fed and blossomed her acting career
she would have looked wiser if she kept her mouth shut.she used her left hand to point her papa house,to impress who exactly? No idea.

I trust some Yoruba actors and actresses to come for her lipsrsealed
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by SAMBARRY: 7:14pm On Mar 06
naija4life247:
After being dumped by the Yahoo Yahoo boy who impregnated her leading to the birth of her bastard children, and after being passed around by the members of Yoruba and Igbo Demons Association (YIDA) like a common intimacy gadget which she is, why won't she be drained hearing or speaking Nigeria's traditional languages.
yes she misyarned but the insults are not necessary
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Johnnyplus01k(m): 7:23pm On Mar 06
If not yoruba, where u for dey..... Oshisko
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Walkat9t: 7:31pm On Mar 06
Wetin dey worry this one....... o nfi owo osi juwe ile baba re......
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by Walkat9t: 7:34pm On Mar 06
People that are better than you 100% speak yoruba or any other nigerian languages very well.... they never took English as their first priority....
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by LyfeJennings(m): 7:35pm On Mar 06
money121:

Person wey dey craze
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by LyfeJennings(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06
airsaylongcome:

I mean she hasn't said she doesn't speak or understand the language. She just finds that it can be demanding speaking it. And I agree in mnlany ways. I'm not Yoruba. I was born in Ibadan and came back to Yoruba land after 12 years. Good understanding of Ibadan and Ibarapa dialects. But omo, I no dey gree speak Yoruba cos of intonation. She might be facing the same "discrimination" for speaking "incorrect" Yoruba where she incorrectly pronounces some words.

That's a lie
This is someone I know in person
Her Yoruba is over fluent self
So what's the forming about
Re: Speaking Yoruba Language Draining, Hurts My Nerves – Adunni Ade by femi4: 7:39pm On Mar 06
money121:

Ignorance

Inferior to what? She didn't grow up here, she learnt the language as a second language.

Same way Osimehn is fluent in yoruba than her mother tongue in Edo language

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Has A Deal With Jayz's Roc Nation Management Company- Bizzle Osikoya / Demolition: I Obtained Necessary Documents, Approval – Yinka Ayefele / Boyer Aurélien, Tosyn Bucknor's Husband Speaks On Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.