Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

How To Get Closer To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Get Closer To God? (193 Views)

Do You Want To Get Closer To God And Build A Solid Relationship With Him? Read / Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 7:51pm On Mar 06
Hi
So this year I told myself i needed to get closer to God.
I don't like the way I'm living my life on Auto pilot.
I'm a student by the way but I go from my house which means I can't join a campus fellowship.

What can I do to get started?
God bless
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
Hi, So this year I told myself i needed to get closer to God. I don't like the way I'm living my life on Auto pilot. I'm a student by the way but I go from my house which means I can't join a campus fellowship. What can I do to get started? God bless
FYI, the god of Adeboye IS NOT the god of Oyedepo and IS NOT the god of Kumuyi and IS NOT the god of Oyakilome and IS NOT the god of Mbaka and IS NOT the god of Aribasala and IS NOT The god of jerry Eze and IS NOT the god of ..... None of these men and their gods have any connection or relationship to the God of Israel or His Son, Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

So, because you go around asking this question of yours, the first thing you have to be certain of is the identity of the God you wish to serve. If you are not sure, then my advice to you is that you take time to in fact reason critically about the exact issue in your life that is giving you so much worry and consider the steps you have taken so far towards resolving those issues. Have you done your best? grin
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 8:01pm On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
FYI, the god of Adeboye IS NOT the god of Oyedepo and IS NOT the god of Kumuyi and IS NOT the god of Oyakilome and IS NOT the god of Mbaka and IS NOT the god of Aribasala and IS NOT The god of jerry Eze and IS NOT the god of ..... None of these men and their gods have any connection or relationship to the God of Israel or His Son, Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

So, because you go around asking this question of yours, the first thing you have to be certain of is the identity of the God you wish to serve. If you are not sure, then my advice to you is that you take time to in fact reason critically about the exact issue in your life that is giving you so much worry and consider the steps you have taken so far towards resolving those issues. Have you done your best? grin

God of creation
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
■ God of creation
Obatala? Orunmila? Zeus? which one? undecided
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 8:07pm On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
Obatala? Orunmila? Zeus? which one? undecided

are u an atheist?
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Zaheertyler(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:

God of creation
You mean chineke?

Well to be serious
Your higher self you mean
You know what's best for you and what isn't
Choose right
That's way you're chosing to go with your higher self
Prayers and quiet times too are important I guess
Because quiet time makes you reflect
And prayers does what prayer does
Well I was serious too
Chineke is the creator
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
■ are u an atheist?
There are over 4000 verified deities out there worshipped by men, many of them bearing that same title you listed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creator_deity

So, as I said earlier, you need to be certain of the identity of the particular deity you hope to spend your life serving and you equally need to have a good knowledge of whether you qualify and what the deity wants from you. Otherwise, you will end up playing right into the hands of scammers who call themselves religious leaders and authorities whose only desire is to use you and all that is yours for their benefit. undecided
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 8:17pm On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
There are over 4000 verified deities out there worshipped by men, many of them bearing that same title you listed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creator_deity

So, as I said earlier, you need to be certain of the identity of the particular deity you hope to spend your life serving and you equally need to have a good knowledge of whether you qualify and what the deity wants from you. Otherwise, you will end up playing right into the hands of scammers who call themselves religious leaders and authorities whose only desire is to use you and all that is yours for their benefit. undecided

interesting...
which one do u serve?
cus me I don dey confused
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
interesting... which one do u serve?
Jesus Christ who was sent by His Father, the God of Israel, only to the Lost Sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 8:23pm On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ who was sent by His Father, the God of Israel, only to the Lost Sheep of Israel. undecided
yes this who I wanna serve
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
■ yes this who I wanna serve
As Jesus Christ Himself said, it is only those who have the blood of Jacob in their veins that can worship Him aka trust and obey Him. All others who pretend to do so without this qualification waste their time and lives in vain. undecided

But are you certain that this eternal commitment which may either lead the way to eternal damnation or eternal reward without the guarantee of any immediate reward is what you need in your case? lipsrsealed
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 8:32pm On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
As Jesus Christ Himself said, it is only those who have the blood of Jacob in their veins that can worship Him aka trust and obey Him. All others who pretend to do so without this qualification waste their time and lives in vain. undecided

But are you certain that this eternal commitment which may either lead the way to eternal damnation or eternal reward without the guarantee of any immediate reward is what you need in your case? lipsrsealed

yes sir
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
■ yes sir
If that is really what you want then as Jesus Christ said, you must be born-again — born of Water and born of Spirit — not according to the religion of men which are lies, but according to that stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself. If you are convinced that He is indeed the one you wish to trust and obey — worship— for the rest of your days, then you should ask the God of Israel for wisdom and understanding that you need to accomplish that which He has set before you. Note that all of your actions have to be in obedience to His actual commandments and teachings otherwise you only end up no better than the religious fools out there. undecided
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MichealOlajide: 8:44pm On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
If that is really what you want then as Jesus Christ said, you must be born-again — born of Water and born of Spirit — not according to the religion of men which are lies, but according to that stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself. If you are convinced that He is indeed the one you wish to trust and obey — worship— for the rest of your days, then you should ask the God of Israel for wisdom and understanding that you need to accomplish that which He has set before you. Note that all of your actions have to be in obedience to His actual commandments and teachings otherwise you only end up no better than the religious fools out there. undecided

Noted
Thank you sir
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Mar 06
MichealOlajide:
■ Noted. Thank you sir
Stay away from religion since religion is antiChrist and against the God of Israel. undecided

P.S. Assuming it turns out you are of the blood of Jacob, becoming born-again also means allowing the spirit of God to possess you eternally, sort of like how you have heard of demons possessing people 24/7. Make sure you are ready for it and be sure that once you are locked, there is no exiting the contract.
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Zaheertyler(m): 9:17pm On Mar 06
Op with him yes sir
Yes sir
Tell your teacher to show you the commandments of Jesus Christ
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
How to get CLOSER to God! smiley

Well are you prepared for the truth? undecided
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Emusan(m): 10:40am On Mar 07
Kobojunkie:

So you have the BLOOD OF JACOB running in your veins reason why you're the only true worshipper of Jesus in all the earth now.

That's wonderful!
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:00pm On Mar 07
MichealOlajide:
Hi
So this year I told myself i needed to get closer to God.
I don't like the way I'm living my life on Auto pilot.
I'm a student by the way but I go from my house which means I can't join a campus fellowship.

What can I do to get started?
God bless

The first set of questions is why God? Why do.you choose God our.of all that is out there?
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:08pm On Mar 07
MichealOlajide:

Noted
Thank you sir

I hope you see that he is a devil? And everyone who knows him calls him so for he is the example of satan using the bible to kill and destroy because he can never enter the kingdom of God for he was once a very evil God hater.And he tried repenting but he saw God locked him out. So he is here to.propagate his own mad true-lies,. But the most dangerous lies are the ones which contain Truth in them.
Re: How To Get Closer To God? by Zaheertyler(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07
Dtruthspeaker:

I hope you see that he is a devil? And everyone who knows him calls him so for he is the example of satan using the bible to kill and destroy because he can never enter the kingdom of God for he was once a very evil God hater.And he tried repenting but he saw God locked him out. So he is here to.propagate his own mad true-lies,. But the most dangerous lies are the ones which contain Truth in them.

grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Prophet / Woman Who Died And Came Back Said She Saw Grandparents She Never Knew On Earth / Susceptible Through Merriment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.