Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again (38513 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 3:26pm On Mar 10
HRMK:

MARRIED TO ANOTHER MAN!AND DO YOU KNOW WHY SHE LEFT HIM?VERY SHAMEFUL REASONS!

And you as a Seer, you have used your supernatural power to confirm the woman was sincere.

Many of you guys are suckling babes spiritually.
Shior.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 3:29pm On Mar 10
Steep:
If a wife or husband decide to live the marriage for no fault of the husband or wife then the other party is free to remarry.
You are right
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 3:31pm On Mar 10
Steep:
However pastor Chris is a false teacher.

Where is the proof of him being a false teacher.
Table it here.
You don't just accuse people wrongly
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Rejoice28(f): 3:36pm On Mar 10
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 3:37pm On Mar 10
Babaibeji2020:

That you passed through a road doesn't make you the best explorer....
Who passed through the university with a third class definitely has no capacity to teach students to make 1st class,go figure that!
Chris Oyaks and Chris Okotie have no business with successful marriage counseling!
Prosperity preaching, abi lecture is worthwhile for the duo,certainly not marriage counseling.

You are wrong.
You are the one who has no business in judging anyone.

So if your wife suddenly becomes corrupt and finds another man without any fault from you. You are supposed not to be trusted.
Abi.

You guys talk without putting yourselves in the position of the people you judge.

Leave all judgment to God. Because you know nothing about why anyone becomes a divorcee.
You really don't.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Righteousness2(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10
Truvelisback:
Where did the Bible say that the man should abandon or divorce the other wives?
Having 2 , 3, 4 and so on in the name of marriage is adultery.
Only death is biblically permitted for a man or woman to remarry.

God made them Male and Female.
Not male and females or females and male.
GOD'S standard is One man one wife. Anything apart from that is adultery.
You cannot be in adultery and say you have repented. You are deceiving yourself.
What are you keeping the women for?
As your bed warmers or what ?
If Heaven matters to you, you will package them back to their parents.
Only your first legally married wife is biblically permitted. Any other thing is adultery.

Scripture references
Gen 1: 27
Matthew 19:4-9
Mark 10:6-12.
Luke 16:18
Matthew 5:32
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Opexzy: 3:38pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You too think.
Preachers should lead by example.
Someone with a failed marriage shouldn't be giving marital advice.

Going by your thought process... You are not fit to train or advise your kids against some mistakes that you have made while growing up...
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Malroux: 3:39pm On Mar 10
Goodlady:

That's a different scenario. He divorced and tried to reconcile and it didn't work. So what's ya headache? Do you care for a hot slap?

Logically it's not proper for a man to send wives away cos he's now born again. We advise born against that are unmarried not to marry more than one wife. But for those who had more wives probably before being born again, they should keep their family cos when such men leave those wives, who go marry them?
How ll it affects their kids etc.
Sense is needed in religion and reality.
This is the true Christian doctrine!
I won't send you away when I become born again.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MEGAWATCH: 3:41pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

That'a not the issue at hand. The issue is that it is not only wrong, but ungodly to put aside any of your wives because you claim you are now born again.

The bible never said that, christians ahould aeriously ask themselves where they got that idea from that a man should out aside one of his wives if he become born again.

Is it not a sin to do what God has not tod you to do? why christians accept to teach that falsehood is what is beyond me.

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?

But the Bible also said that the second woman is not your wife?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 3:49pm On Mar 10
MEGAWATCH:

where is ut in the bible?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 3:50pm On Mar 10
Righteousness2:

You cannot be in adultery and say you have repented. You are deceiving yourself.
Only your first legally married wife is biblically permitted. Any other thing is adultery.

Scripture references

You are blatantly wrong on this one Righteousness.

What has the woman you want to send packing done wrong?

Was she caught in adultery?

Did she tell you she was fed up with the marriage?

So, your becoming Born Again is to make life miserable for someone who did no wrong. You want to send her away and send her kids away with her and make your innocent kids fatherless?
Even the prodigal son did not receive such treatment from his father. He was not sent away. So, why send innocent kids away with their mum?
And if you say you will retain the kids then, you are a Pharisee.
Because if the mother have become an abomination then, what makes the kids innocent of the same guilt of their mother?
Have you no awareness you married her legally like you married the first wife legally?

Oga, point to a particular place in the Bible where such restitution was done.

You fall my hand o.

For your information, no other restitution supersedes the one Jesus Christ's blood has done. And no other one is needed.

You were once a thief. You are now born again. How many restitution you wan do for fourty solid years in armed robbery?

You are once a ritualist and now born again. How are you going to refund the lives you've taken to do restitution. Does that mean you have to conjour the lives of the people back to life before you make heaven.
Tell how the ritualist go make restitution.
grin

You guys are a funny lot.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ufotunang: 3:52pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

untrue in christianity.

The reason is: the minister is the mouth puece of god. The bible says: when the time comes, do not bother about what to say for it will be given to you by the spirit of god. matt 10: 19-

So, your god giving you the right counsel through the mouth of any preacher, is not about the preacher's sanctity, but about god's faithfulness that he will give you counsel when you need it. He says even when you are unfaithful, I will always be faithfu anf cannot change from being that way! 2 Tim 2:13. He also gave counsel through the mouth of a donkey, Balaam's donkey; and the bible says a 'sinner' is worth more than billions of donkeys, correct?
...you have not even answered my question yet
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Elohorp(f): 3:53pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
Oyahkilome should keep quiet, where is his own wife?
Honestly thank you
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 3:58pm On Mar 10
MEGAWATCH:

No, it did not say that.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 3:58pm On Mar 10
ufotunang:
...you have not even answered my question yet

which question did you ask?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Tonnyray: 3:58pm On Mar 10
Oyakhilome is very right in this context.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by tidyboy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 10
You must be a very stupid man, if you don't what to say shut up your gutter which you use to suck pussy, fxol
Ance4Liverpool:
Oyahkilome should keep quiet, where is his own wife?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Righteousness2(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10
I will Fall your Hand again and again .

If you have 2 ,3 and so on women in your house in the name of Marriage. You are living in ADULTERY. Dont deceive yourself and dont let anyone deceive you.

If Eternity in Heaven Matters to you. You Must obey GOD'S standard . HIS standard is one man one wife.

If you repent, you must do away with the 2nd 3rd and so on women. Return them back to their father's house. That is what repentance is all about.

You can't claim to repent and continue in sin. You are Deceiving yourself.

AuthorMan:

So, your becoming Born Again is to make life miserable for someone who did no wrong. You want to send her away and send her kids away with her and make your innocent kids fatherless?
Even the prodigal son dud not receive such treatment from his father. He was not sent away. So, why send innocent kids away with their mum?
Because if the mother have become an abirmination then, what makes the kids innocent of the same guilt of their mother?
Have you no awareness you married her legally like you married the first wife legally?

You fall my hand o.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ChiefOkporghe: 4:02pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

Also, Paul vehemently disagrees with you that you should divorce any of your wives when you became born again.

1Cor 7 vs 20
''Each of you SHOULD REMAIN AS YOU WERE WHEN YOU ACCEPTED GOD'S CALL. IF YOU ARE A SLAVE REMAIN A SLAVE, IF YOU ARE UNCIRCUMCISED, REMAIN UNCIRCUMSIZED, IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE WIFE, MAINTAIN IT THAT WAY''

The in Galatians 1 vs 8-12, he said: if anyone teaches you anything different (like you have believed many of your ignorant pastors tell you to divorce one wife), let him be accursed!

@Paxonel,

@DTruthSeeker calls this response of mine fraudulent. What do you think?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 4:02pm On Mar 10
Righteousness2:

Scripture references

You come and say these nonsense and then do mot have the courage and sound mind to stand and defend it to the later like the Apostles did when confronted. That goes to show that you are not operating under the holy spirit, bu that of the Devil!

The bible says : behokd I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of sound mind...(2 Tim 1:7)
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 4:04pm On Mar 10
AuthorMan:

Even the prodigal son did not receive such treatment from his father. He was not sent away. So, why send innocent kids away with their mum?
Because if the mother have become an abirmination then, what makes the kids innocent of the same guilt of their mother?

You fall my hand o.

For your information, no other restitution supersedes the one Jesus Christ's blood has done. And other one is needed.

You were once a thief. You are now born again. How many restitution you wan do for fourty solid years in armed robbery?

You are once a ritualist and now born again. How are you going to refund the lives you've taken to do restitution. Does that mean you have to conjour the lives of the people back to life before you make heaven.
Tell how the ritualist go make restitution.
grin

You guys are a funny lot.
Don't mind him my dear, the guy is operating under the influence of the foulest spirit that can be found in hell!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Goodlady(f): 4:12pm On Mar 10
Malroux:
I won't send you away when I become born again.
You can't afford me.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Malroux: 4:13pm On Mar 10
Goodlady:

You can't afford me.
How?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 4:15pm On Mar 10
Righteousness2:

I will Fall your Hand again and again .

If you have 2 ,3 and so on women in your house in the name of Marriage. You are living in ADULTERY. Dont deceive yourself and dont let anyone deceive you.

If Eternity in Heaven Matters to you. You Must obey GOD'S standard . HIS standard is one man one wife.

If you repent, you must do away with the 2nd 3rd and so on women. Return them back to their father's house. That is what repentance is all about.

You can't claim to repent and continue in sin. You are Deceiving yourself.

Okay a polygamous must return wives to please God to make heaven.

What about a Hiredkiller who is now born again. What must he return to make heaven? He must return the lives he had taken before he can make heaven?
Stop deceiving yourself Righteousness.

A thief who has been into stealing all his life has become born againg. How many people does he need to do restitution with?
In fact the thief is now a broke ass guy. He has nothing to return to anyone.
He lives from hand to mouth. What must he do to make heaven. grin

My guy the thief by the side of Jesus on the cross what restitution did he make that qualified him for paradise? How are you sure he was not a polygamous before he was caught? How are you sure he hasn't killed before he was caught?
Oh! Jesus should have told him, "Oh! My guy had it been you had the chance to go make restitution, I would have been able to save you,"

I REPEAT AND IF YOU LIKE DONT TAKE IT.

NO RESTITUTION SUPERSEDES THE ONE JESUS DID WITH HIS BLOOD. AND NO OTHER ONE IS NEEDED.

ADD THIS TO THE BIBLE KNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE TODAY.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10
Righteousness2:

Scripture references
How did one who legally married his wives commit adultery? Jacob, Esau, David, and others did the same. Explain.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ChiefOkporghe: 4:23pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

Well, if Paul told Timothy in one of his letters to him that a bishop should be the husband of one wife, then it is because there were homes among the early christians communities that were polygamous.

At this point, you may say ''aha, if polygamy were christian, why would Paul advice that a bishop be the husband of onl bone wife?''

Well, to that, I will answer that the reason Paul said so is because he thinks the work of God is something stressfull that needs time and energy. He did not mean to say that polygamy is anathema to the christian god! That one needs time and energy, is something Oyedepo also alluded to when he talked about putting in place a succession plan, that the work needs energy and time to carry out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jlBAjl_48&t=430s&pp=ygUXb3llZGVwbyBzdWNjZXNzaW9uIHBsYW4%3D

If Paul did not mean it the way I just explained, he would have made a requirement for all the believers, but no, he specifically mentioned Bishops; bishops have huge responsibilities in the church! Oh, what can make a bishop ritually unclean and what can make the ordinary christian unclean, are two different things? While the bishop and the laity have different roles to play, they are individual souls in the faith such that what is sinful if one does it, will be sinful as well if the other does it.

So, when Paul said that, he was only respecting the family unit and does not want to over burden it. He made this very clear in Corinthians when he said: ''...he who marries will have so much troubles in this life and he would rather spare you theese troubles'' 1 Cor 7:28. In verse 31 and 32, he explained that a married man is distracted by the cares of life (echoing the what I told you about earlier when I said Paul gave Timothy that instruction not because he thinks polygamy is wrong, but because he did not want to over burden the man). He also said that an unmarried man concerns himself with the things of the lord. So for Paul, he would rather you are not even married at all, so that you can dedicate all your time to the work; but if you must marry and also do temge heavy work of a bishop, then you shoul carry the minimum marital reaponsibility of monogamy. Read the whole of 1 Cor chapter 7 for context.

Again to answer your question, for Paul to twlk that to Timothy, it shows among the members of his church, were polygamous homes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ChiefOkporghe: 4:23pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

Also, Paul vehemently disagrees with you that you should divorce any of your wives when you became born again.

1Cor 7 vs 20
''Each of you SHOULD REMAIN AS YOU WERE WHEN YOU ACCEPTED GOD'S CALL. IF YOU ARE A SLAVE REMAIN A SLAVE, IF YOU ARE UNCIRCUMCISED, REMAIN UNCIRCUMSIZED, IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE WIFE, MAINTAIN IT THAT WAY''

The in Galatians 1 vs 8-12, he said: if anyone teaches you anything different (like you have believed many of your ignorant pastors tell you to divorce one wife), let him be accursed!

@Paxonel,

@DTruthSeeker calls this response of mine fraudulent. What do you think?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 4:25pm On Mar 10
Truvelisback:
How did one who legally married his wives commit adultery? Jacob, Esau, David, and others did the same. Explain.

Righteousness is human. Forgive him for the error today.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10
AuthorMan:

Righteousness is human. Forgive him for the error today.
I'm really astonished. Wives that i am legally married to. grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10
[quote author=ChiefOkporghe post=128871379][/quote] That's Paul's opinion. Peter was married and he gave himself wholly for Gospel.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by okito: 4:44pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

Paul said: Each of you should remain as you were when you answred the call. if you are married, don't get divorced; if you were uncircumcised, then don't get circumcised; if you had more than one wife, don't divorce any! (1Cor 7:20).
Thanks for the post and I have read the whole of 1Cor 7 so I don't quote verse 20 out of context. However, I do not see where it explicitly speaks to a man with more than wife. I guess this chapter is subject to individual interpretation as led by the spirit.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Amumaigwe: 4:47pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

That'a not the issue at hand. The issue is that it is not only wrong, but ungodly to put aside any of your wives because you claim you are now born again.

The bible never said that, christians ahould aeriously ask themselves where they got that idea from that a man should out aside one of his wives if he become born again.

Is it not a sin to do what God has not tod you to do? why christians accept to teach that falsehood is what is beyond me.

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?

You are even going too far. Quote one scripture that contradicts polygamy. God is not interested in the number of wives anybody marries. Just pay the dowry and you are good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! / 2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.