Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again (38695 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:17pm On Mar 10
okito:
My thoughts and I stand corrected. Marrying 2 wives cos your culture and old religion permit it is okay. When you become a Christian, old things including polygamy which Christianity frowns at, have passed away and all things have become new so, you shouldn't continue to practise polygamy. I think you should restitute by letting go of the junior wife/wives. A classical example is the Founder of RCCG, Pa Akindayomi whose culture and old religion seemed to permit polygamy but once he became truly born again, he had to painfully restitute by letting go the junior wife and he asked her to take everything she wanted from the family properties.

Paul said: Each of you should remain as you were when you answred the call. if you are married, don't get divorced; if you were uncircumcised, then don't get circumcised; if you had more than one wife, don't divorce any! (1Cor 7:20).
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Steep(m): 2:17pm On Mar 10
If a wife or husband decide to live the marriage for no fault of the husband or wife then the other party is free to remarry.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Steep(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10
However pastor Chris is a false teacher.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10
PointZerom:

If the bible says one wife and you disobey and marry more, how do you correct the error?
You move on with them because the Bible didn't permit divorce. Or where did you read in your Bible that whosoever that marries more than one wife to drive away or divorce his other wives? I'm certain that if your sister happens to be among the other wives driven away or divorced, you won't be happy about it.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:19pm On Mar 10
emmnprince:

Sending them away doesn't imply that he should stop sending them support—taking care of their needs. That's his responsibility he must fulfill; he shouldn't fail.

sending them away to where? Give me the name of the place, if you have one! you people don't even listen to yourselves when you talk!

And, are you not the ones who keep saying God hates divorce? And provide evidence to show that polygamy is wrong in the sight of God!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Image123(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10
Toks2008:

As long as you have passed through a road before, you have every good reason to give advise based on your experience on that road.

You guys should stop thinking in a shallow manner.

And please go read my write up on this issue and be enlightened.

https://www.nairaland.com/4303658/opinion-dont-deceived-polygamy-not#64403042

He failed at it so far, he's not in the best position to give advice. Every backslider and atheist should be leading us in church, going by your logic.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:22pm On Mar 10
emmnprince:

The first wife amongst his wives he paid dowry/bride price for and legally married to is his wife. Others are concubines. After he is born again, he should stop having sexual affairs with them but he is to cater for their needs and the children they bore for him.

He paid the bride price of his other wives as well! You think a man can marry another wife without paying her bride price? where does that happen in Africa and the middle east, at that time, or even now?

Others are not concubine, you Fool! Watch your mouth idiot! You are a mad man!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:25pm On Mar 10
Mear23:
I believe you are a Christian, please support your argument with Bible verses

which arguement do you want me to suppirt with the bible?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

That'a not the issue at hand. The issue is that it is not only wrong, but ungodly to put aside any of your wives because you claim you are now born again.

The bible never said that, christians ahould aeriously ask themselves where they got that idea from that a man should out aside one of his wives if he become born again.

Is it not a sin to do what God has not tod you to do? why christians accept to teach that falsehood is what is beyond me.

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?
Sadly, many of them just make the Bible say what they want to hear. grin Many folks have been in this ignorance for very long. Even the so-called theologists.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Jayhome24: 2:27pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
Oyahkilome should keep quiet, where is his own wife?

What did Oyakhile did wrong? His wife decided to quit the marriage for whatever reason that is her business. Oyakhilome did not send her away she left by herself bringing nonsense allegation of extra marital affairss agains Oyakhilome. And may I ask you how many wives did Abraham have? How many wives did Solomon have? How many wives did David have etc? yet God called Abraham His friend so tell me your argument here?

It is bad and evil to become born again as polygamist and chased away your other wives.

:PFull stop.

Thanks.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 2:29pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:
Pastor Chris was not born again when he sent his own wife away.

Oooh, i see...
Who told you he sent his wife away?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:29pm On Mar 10
Image123:

Oyaks that his marriage did not work doesn't exactly have justifications to talk much about marriage. BTW, he asked that the person(s) should ask their pastor.

untrue in christianity.

The reason is: the minister is the mouth puece of god. The bible says: when the time comes, do not bother about what to say for it will be given to you by the spirit of god. matt 10: 19-

So, your god giving you the right counsel through the mouth of any preacher, is not about the preacher's sanctity, but about god's faithfulness that he will give you counsel when you need it. He says even when you are unfaithful, I will always be faithfu anf cannot change from being that way! 2 Tim 2:13. He also gave counsel through the mouth of a donkey, Balaam's donkey; and the bible says a 'sinner' is worth more than billions of donkeys, correct?

Clearly, no serious christain will have more than one wife or one husband. The clear and perfect will of God is male and female, not male and male, or female and female, or male and females, or males and female, or males and females. Any of these categories that become born again ought to do proper restitution.
Also, clearly, they cannot or should not be workers in church.
Asides the many problems that follow polygamy that your pastor trifled with as merely explaining to many people, what we can agree on is that it has nothing to do with eternal destination. In other words, you're not going to hell for polygamy. But that doesn't justify it or say you should not make amends if in the wrong. Even OT kings and priests were not supposed to practice polygamy, not to mention NT where every believer is supposed to be a king and priest in a sense, asides being deacons and bishops.
i guess your pastor would have taught the Samaritan woman not to leave her 6th husband, but explain to people that it was done before she believed. Like i said earlier, just leave these marriage things to Bible and godly preachers without failed marriages. He can focus on other things.

My dear, your point has been addressed here several times over, you need to reath through the entire thread, if you really care about the truth; and ofcourse, you should care about the truth; that's what you god wished for you: that you shall know the truth (John 8:32).
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by fancifulasuquo(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10
Please Sir, can I keep my girlfriends after being born again? cry cry sad tongue
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Truvelisback(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10
FireUpNow:

Di Oyakhilome keep his wife one wife? He sent her away or allowed her to go away so he is not practicing what he preaches
Who told you that?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by isaachi4u: 2:31pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
learn to respect Men of GOD
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by e316(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You too think.
Preachers should lead by example.
Someone with a failed marriage shouldn't be giving marital advice.

The message is greater than the messenger...
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:34pm On Mar 10
Babaibeji2020:

Chris Oyaki should keep quiet for he who goes in relate to equity should do so with clean hands. Let another god of man speak...not him!
An unmarried woman has no business being a marriage counselor,same for one who can't manage marriage giving advice pertaining marriage!

untrue in christianity.

The reason is: the minister is the mouth puece of god. The bible says: when the time comes, do not bother about what to say for it will be given to you by the spirit of god. matt 10: 19-

So, your god giving you the right counsel through the mouth of any preacher, is not about the preacher's sanctity, but about god's faithfulness that he will give you counsel when you need it. He says even when you are unfaithful, I will always be faithfu anf cannot change from being that way! 2 Tim 2:13. He also gave counsel through the mouth of a donkey, Balaam's donkey; and the bible says a 'sinner' is worth more than billions of donkeys, correct?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:35pm On Mar 10
twilliamx:

You are right but the only snag is that he can't be a preacher on the pulpit

who can't be a preacher on the pulpit?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:36pm On Mar 10
ufotunang:
...so how is pastor Chris a good example to his church members that have married....a situation where pastor Chris and his former wife cannot settle their issues in their marriage and reconcile and forgive each other...how is pastor Chris and his wife a good example to those of his church members that are married and his role model

untrue in christianity.

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:37pm On Mar 10
DavidEsq:

On what do u base your opinion? The Bible of what?

untrue in christianity.

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:37pm On Mar 10
PointZerom:

The same Oyakhilome that encourages masturbation.

He knew nothing about the principles of marriage.

You can't be in adultry claiming to be a child of God.

Put away extra wives.

untrue in christianity.

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by IamANigerianMan: 2:43pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
Satap, you Satan! How is going to send his wife away?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Mear23: 2:43pm On Mar 10
Well, all I know is that, having more than one wife is totally against the scripture.
Please read your bible very well

MiddleDimension:

which arguement do you want me to suppirt with the bible?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by drololaaof: 2:45pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
What is he talking?
He divorced his first wife that became sensational at the time . He should keep quiet.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by DavidEsq(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

I am responding basically because I saw ''Esq'' in your monicker. This means debating with you should be better than debatting with these people we are so unfortunate to have on this forum.

I want you to go to the very start of this discussion and look through all my posts, you will know what I based my conclusions on. Going back to begin to recount it here, will take so much time which is unnecessary for me now.

If you have any problem with what you see there, please let me know. and I will respond as honestly as possible in line with the highest knoweldge available to me on the topic.

If, after going through it, you have a better position with superior facts and arguements, arguements that are supposed to be given to you by an all-wise holy spirit if you are a christian, then I would like you to present it and show that they are superior to the ones given herein as I am truth- oriented, and more than willing to learn the truth of the matter! Of what use is falsehood to me? If I were not truth oriented when I went fact-finding about this issue, how then did I find out all these things which the mainstream, including pastors and their fans we have on here, find so difficult to debunk? Is it difficult for the Holy Ghost to debunk lies? How can I, a agent of darkness spreading like, like they all call me, be winning against them who think they are presenting light?
Not a single scripture cited.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by lekonso: 2:54pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Christians are not meant to divorce except on grounds of infidelity.
So Chris cheated on Anita, hmmmmnnn. I see.

Person wey him wife leave am dey advise another man make e no leave him wife.
Blind dey lead blind.
You dey there when he dey cheat on his wife
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Voltron007(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Your typo is incoherent. Try structuring your words well. Too lengthy, go straight to the point. Make it short.
just SHUT UP please 🫤
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Image123(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

untrue in christianity.

My dear, your point has been addressed here several times over, you need to reath through the entire thread, if you really care about the truth; and ofcourse, you should care about the truth; that's what you god wished for you: that you shall know the truth (John 8:32).

Who is your god if i may ask?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Michael547(m): 3:20pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

How can I know if Oyakhilome things Christians can or cannot have more than when he has not come out to air his opinion on that! I don't know becausr I am not him! and he has not come out to say anything about that!

Just like you, the only means I have to know what Oyakhilome thinks on specific issues is if he comes ourlt and says something about those issues, like he has come out to have his say on the issue of whether or not a man should out aside any of his wives if he becomes a christian.

I do not have a back door access to him; so, if he does not cone out to say what he thinks about a thing, then there is no way I can know.

And if you want to know what he thinks about whether or not polygamy is christian, then you have to schedule an interview with him and ask him!
Lol....so if up till now he has not said that a born again Christian or members of his church are free to marry more than one wife but arguing that a born again Christian can keep his wives, why are you defending him? Don't you think that people are seeing through the hypocrisy in his teachings? Don't you think that in this program, he should have explained that it was also right for a born again Christian to marry more than one wife?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by HRMK: 3:22pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:

MARRIED TO ANOTHER MAN!AND DO YOU KNOW WHY SHE LEFT HIM?VERY SHAMEFUL REASONS!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AuthorMan: 3:24pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:

So because his wife divorced him he should seize to exist.

Are you a saint?

You are the one that should keep shut and stop behaving like a Pharisee
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by capnies: 3:26pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

You too think.
Preachers should lead by example.
Someone with a failed marriage shouldn't be giving marital advice.

THE BIBLE IS NOT AGAINST A MAN WHO HAS MANY WIVES BEFORE BEING BORN AGAIN. YOU SHOULD NOT DIVORCE YOUR WIFE BUT CANNOT HOLD ANY HIGH POSITION IN THE CHURCH.
A BISHOP SHOULD BE A HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE MEANS A NON-BISHOP CAN BE A HUSBAND OF MORE THAN ONE WIFE.

BUT IF YOU HAVE ONE WIFE AND BECOME BORN AGAIN, DON'T MARRY ANOTHER.

IF YOU ARE UNMARRIED AND BECOME BORN AGAIN, MARRY ONLY ONE WIFE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bishop Sam Zuga Gifts A Lincoln Navigator To Abdullahi Amanabo, Muslim Kogi King / Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Amazing Story: Pastor & Kids Saved After Huge Tree Suddenly Fell On Their SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.