Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again (38699 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by oskobi: 1:22pm On Mar 10
Is ur entire family that will keep quite, I guess u lack home training because from ur tone u are not properly brought up.
Ance4Liverpool:
Oyahkilome should keep quiet, where is his own wife?

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by TimiRume(f): 1:23pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

Absolutely!

And you occupied the front page misleading believers? Which coven did Satan send you from?

You are rebuked
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Babaibeji2020(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10
Toks2008:

As long as you have passed through a road before, you have every good reason to give advise based on your experience on that road.

You guys should stop thinking in a shallow manner.

And please go read my write up on this issue and be enlightened.

https://www.nairaland.com/4303658/opinion-dont-deceived-polygamy-not#64403042
That you passed through a road doesn't make you the best explorer....
Who passed through the university with a third class definitely has no capacity to teach students to make 1st class,go figure that!
Chris Oyaks and Chris Okotie have no business with successful marriage counseling!
Prosperity preaching, abi lecture is worthwhile for the duo,certainly not marriage counseling.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Rumundele(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10
This qustion is not answered
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Corrections: 1:26pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

What bunkum!

But I thought you Jehovah's withnesses claim you don't believe whatever is not in the bible.

See sola scriptura vs sola fidei debate.

but here you are, cooking things up yourself, and presenting it like it is the word of the lord.
There is NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE GOD SAID A MAN WHO HAS MIRE THAN ONE WIFE SHOULD NOT HAVE SEX WITH THE OTHER WIVES. HE NEVER TOLD DAVID, NOR DID HE TELL GIDEON, MOSES, JACOB, OR ANY OF THE CHRISTIANS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT WHO HAD MORE THAN ONE WIFE.

I really thought as a sola scriptura believing christians that witnesses are, they would insist on what is said by god, in the bible, and not try to bring up their views and present it like it is god's position on issues. This is what God frowned at Peter on when he told him in Acts 10 that he should not call unclean what he himself considers clean.

First of all, lets look at monogamies in the bible and see if these ''problems'' exist.

Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve was a mogamous marriage yet, we could find all the things you listed above in dangerously high levels!

Cain and Abel offered sacrifices to god and the bible says Cain became FURIOUS and SCOWLED in ANGER! (gen 4:5). His anger reached such a dangerous level that god had to warn him to be careful. God said: ''because you have done evil, SIN IS CROUCHING AT YOUR DOOR AND IT WANTS TO RULE YOU, BUT YOU MUST OVERCOME IT.''. Because the anger and jealousy was so great, he turned around and did the worst: KILL ABEL! That's case No1.

Case No2: Isaac and Rebecca

This is another monogamy, whose ONLY CHILDREN were TWINS, and as you will see, IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO CLOSE YOUR EYES, that there was a dangerous level of ENVY, HATRED, JEALOUSY, ATTEMPTED MURDER, CURSE, FAVOURITISM AND THEFT.

Even though Cain and Abel were twins, the bible says: Isaac prefered Essau while Rebecca prefered Jacob (Gen 25:28). That's favouritism which you think polygamy breeds! the favouritism was at such a dangerous level that when Isaac wanted to bless Essau, one of Rebecca's children, she plotted and STOLE the blessings for Jacob. When Essau heard it, he said: ''THIS IS THE SECOND TIME HE IS CHEATING ME'' (Gen 27:36). In vs 41, it says: Essau HATED Jacob and that he will KILL Jacob. In vs 44, Rebecca said to Jacob to stay with his uncle until his brother's ANGER had cooled down.

So, can we say these are due to monogamy?

Now, lets look at polygamy and see if there exists virtue and some of God's loftiests ideals.

Lamech (Gen 4: 18-22)

The bible says Lamech had two wives and he had three sons. The first one, Jabal, was the father of those who did agriculture. The second was the father of musicians, and the third one was the father of those who made crafts.

When the bible says ''they are they fathers of...'' it means they were so accomplished in their chosen careers that when you mention those careers, they are the first ones that will cone to mind. They became famous for these professions due to their hard work, dedication and delligence.

According to sociologists, there is a strong correlation between career success and a very well adjusted home.

Jacob's polygamous home

When the other brothers plotted to kill Joseph, Reuben, Jacob's first born who DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME MOTHER WITH JOSEPH BY THE WAY, planned to save him. Also, take note that his brothers hate him not because he had a different mother, but because ''joseph loved him more than the others''(Gen 37:4). Also, see that all his brothers who hated him, were also children of different mothers. They also loved Benjamin and protected him even though he was born of Rachel, Joseph's mother. Judah said he PLEDGED HIS LIFE FOR BENJAMIN (Gen 44:32).

After Joseph had been sold and Reuben.came back to the well and dis not find him, the bible said he TORE HIS CLOTHES IN SORROW! (Gen 37:29)

What about Gideon, who the bibke says.had many wives yet NOT A SINGLE EVIL WAS RECORDED TO HIS NAME INSTEAD, HE WAS MENTIONED IN HEBREWS 11 AS A MODEL OF FAITH TO THE BORN AGAIN.

There you go; I have answered your question by providing examples of polygamous homes in the bible where the highest virtues exist, those virtues you see in paradise. I have also provided you with evidence from monogamies in the bible where the worst vices of envy, jealousy, hatred, etc, existed in dangerous levels.

@DTruthSeeker @Donnie @Joagbaje. I wonder what you think about this.

That man you quoted with one other one like that can cook anything without any concrete scriptural backings . They are always fast to attack you that have concrete scriptural backings for your claim.

That is their way!!!!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 1:27pm On Mar 10
TimiRume:

And you occupied the front page misleading believers? Which coven did Satan send you from?

You are rebuked

The rebuke is in you!

Jesus was also called Beelzebub and he said if they call the master of the house beelzebub. what will they not say of his household? matt 10:25.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Ance4Liverpool: 1:27pm On Mar 10
oskobi:
Is ur entire family that will keep quite, I guess u lack home training because from ur tone u are not properly brought up.
Tell your pastor to go and bring back his wife b4 advising others on marital affairs
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by ufuosman(m): 1:27pm On Mar 10
👍🏽👍🏽
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by boxypane(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
Na you no dey use your brain grey matter well. Don't rush to comment.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Obasempire(m): 1:31pm On Mar 10
After seeing whats Omah Ley did on stage with this boys girlfriend, I decided..

Watch what I decided to do here on THE SHOW from Obasempire Entertainment, you'll love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oakQain711g?si=lO7viKdxE01rdW29
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by linearity: 1:31pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:
Pastor Chris was not born again when he sent his own wife away.

Oooh, i see...

I am not here to hold water for anyone, but the truth is…….It was his wife that left, he did not send her away.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Verbtips(m): 1:31pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
his wife divorce him and not him wo divorce his wife

thread close
gringringringrin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Dtruthspeaker: 1:32pm On Mar 10
veektor01:
No.
He is not correct.
I stand to be corrected anyways.

There is something called "Restitution" which means returning something that doesn't belong to you.
The Bible is not in support of polygamy..
What this means is that, as soon as one decides to get born again, such a person must be ready to let go of the old ways that aren't Christ-like. Letting go of the second wife in this case is part of it.

Restitution means return to its proper and lawful state, So, if a party was a virgin, that virginity cannot be returned.

And if non virgin, how do you restore her mileage.

Then God has set it that every man has his wife/husband, so by marriage, a party is defiled and that arrangement is already destroyed, so how can that be returned?

When a second marriage takes place so many irrepairable laws are broken
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Ance4Liverpool: 1:34pm On Mar 10
Verbtips:
his wife divorce him and not him wo divorce his wife

thread close
gringringringrin
Bcs of infidelity i gues. Mean while who has he been bleeping since they seprated
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Offpoint1: 1:36pm On Mar 10
PointZerom:

Genesis 2:24
[24]Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

A man shall cleave to his wife.....NOT WIVES.
Hope you get it.

Don't multiply silver and Gold simply means to be contented with whatsoever you have.
If I married Mariam 5 years ago, I cleave unto HER and we became 1 and she's a WIFE to me... If I decided to marry Chika today, I'm cleaving to CHIKA as one WIFE and I'm becoming ONE with her.

How does "Don't multiply silver and gold" translated to being contented? Replace the silver and gold with money maybe you'll understand better.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by AutoConsult: 1:39pm On Mar 10
Realguyman1:
Just as I said before; Christianity only teaches one man one woman, which only applies to belivers. But never said any man should sent any of his wives away before he became a born again. One can only be questioned and penalised if he is alread a beliver and still go ahead to marry more than one wife.

And mind u, it's the man that will be penalise and not the second wife he married. The second wife can be penalised only if she is also a beliver and attend the same Church with the man and still went ahead to marry him when she already knows that he is a married man.

Lol. This is your personal doctrine yes?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Dtruthspeaker: 1:41pm On Mar 10
emperor4love:
na simple question, oyakilome were is ur wife,u are living wit him or not,yes or no?

Oyak's come answer your queshion ooo
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by okito: 1:42pm On Mar 10
My thoughts and I stand corrected. Marrying 2 wives cos your culture and old religion permit it is okay. When you become a Christian, old things including polygamy which Christianity frowns at, have passed away and all things have become new so, you shouldn't continue to practise polygamy. I think you should restitute by letting go of the junior wife/wives. A classical example is the Founder of RCCG, Pa Akindayomi whose culture and old religion seemed to permit polygamy but once he became truly born again, he had to painfully restitute by letting go the junior wife and he asked her to take everything she wanted from the family properties.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Omoawoke: 1:45pm On Mar 10
Toks2008:

Leave that to GOD to judge.

Why can’t you leave your politicians to God to judge

Or leave a criminal to God to judge

So Chris is immune to judgement? So if Chris rape someone now, we should leave him to God to judge?

We won’t leave him, Chris cannot swear he’s not fucking girls
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Slimlord(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Oooh, i see...
Unfaithfulness was the reason they parted ways. It is acceptable by God
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Slimlord(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10
okito:
My thoughts and I stand corrected. Marrying 2 wives cos your culture and old religion permit it is okay. When you become a Christian, old things including polygamy which Christianity frowns at, have passed away and all things have become new so, you shouldn't continue to practise polygamy. I think you should restitute by letting go of the junior wife/wives. A classical example is the Founder of RCCG, Pa Akindayomi whose culture and old religion seemed to permit polygamy but once he became truly born again, he had to painfully restitute by letting go the junior wife and he asked her to take everything she wanted from the family properties.
Is she free to remarry then?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Banhammy717: 1:52pm On Mar 10
There's nothing wrong in keeping 2 wives, even scripture support polygamy
The practice of polygamy, which is described as one man marrying more than one wife, is in Scripture.

Below are multiple verses from Scripture where the practice of polygamy is observed by righteous men.

1. “If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.”-Exodus 21:10.

2. “If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love, when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love.”-Deuteronomy 21:15-16.

3. “When Esau was forty years old, he married Judith daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and also Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite.”-Genesis 26:34.

4. “Jacob made love to Rachel also, and his love for Rachel was greater than his love for Leah. And he worked for Laban another seven years.” Genesis 29:30

5. “Abigail quickly got on a donkey and, attended by her five female servants, went with David’s messengers and became his wife. David had also married Ahinoam of Jezreel, and they both were his wives. But Saul had given his daughter Michal, David’s wife, to Paltiel son of Laish, who was from Gallim.”-1 Samuel 25:42-44.

6. “Ashhur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.”-1 Chronicles 4:5.

Another instance of polygamy is Gideon. Scripture says Gideon was called by God in Judges 6:11, which says “The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor.”

Now, this man whom the ‘Lord was with’, was a polygamist. We see this in Judges 8:20, which says “Gideon had seventy sons of his own, since he had MANY WIVES.”

Take the case of Abijah. He was King of Judah and David’s great grandson. Scripture describes him in 2 Chronicles 13:10 as a man who did not forsake God, and in 2 Chronicles 13:11, he is described as a man who carried out “the requirements of the LORD our God.”

Yet, this righteous and God fearing king had many wives. We see this in 2 Chronicles 13:21:

“Abijah grew strong, married fourteen wives, and became the father of twenty-two sons and sixteen daughters.”

In the case of King Joash, he was a minor when he became king. So he was out under the regency of priests (incidentally, the man who challenged me is himself a priest).

Now, it was the leading priest of God, a man called Jehoiada, who himself selected two wives for the young King Joash. And Scripture described Joash as doing “what was right in the eyes of the Lord”. We see this in 2 Chronicles 24:1-3:

“Joash was seven years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem forty years. His mother’s name was Zibiah; she was from Beersheba. Joash did what was right in the eyes of the Lord all the years of Jehoiada the priest. Jehoiada chose two wives for him, and he had sons and daughters.”

So, if the act of marrying two wives was “right in the eyes of the Lord”, why is this man who challenged me now saying another thing?

What about David, who was given his own wives, not by a priest; but by God Himself? We see that in 2 Samuel 12:8:

“I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.”

The fact of the matter is that some people are taking dogmas of their church denomination and passing it off as scriptural doctrines.

Scripture was not written in English. It was written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

For instance, many people take Christ’s words in Matthew 19:5 as being against polygamy. That verse says in English:

“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?

However, the actual Koine Greek word used there is gynaiki. That word does not actually mean wife. It actually means woman. That word itself is a Koine Greek translation of the Hebrew word bə·’iš·tōw.

To put that verse in proper context, you need to read another verse in the New Testament that quotes that same verse.

We see that in 1 Corinthians 6:16:

“Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”

You can see that in 1 Corinthians 6:16, Paul is using that same verse to refer to what a man does with a prostitute. Now, is a prostitute a wife? Of course not.

Now, I will not counsel any man to go into polygamy, and I am not a polygamists, neither do I have plans to be. However, it is either a function of ignorance, or just a demonic lie, to say that Scripture forbids polygamy.

Scripture does forbid polygamy for Bishops and elders, as we see in 1 Timothy 3:2:

“A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.”

When you hear people saying “if”, “if”, and more “if”, they are actually not quoting Scripture. They are in reality quoting THEIR OPINIONS!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by wasi9ice: 1:56pm On Mar 10
Negroid001:

Oooh, i see...
point of correction Pastor Christ never sent his wife away o
Rather his wife filed for divorce and he couldn't stop her because she was an adult , she left on her own decision
You can verify
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by klid: 1:57pm On Mar 10
Social media now make people insult their elders
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10
Slimlord:

Unfaithfulness was the reason they parted ways. It is acceptable by God

Who was unfaithful?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Negroid001(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10
linearity:

I am not here to hold water for anyone, but the truth is…….It was his wife that sent away, he did not send her away.
Why?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Kingzjayzee: 2:07pm On Mar 10
Ance4Liverpool:
He didn't send his wife away. His wife sent herself away. cheesy grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by LadeeE: 2:09pm On Mar 10
Nothing wrong in what pastor Chris said. It is biblical
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by emmnprince(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

That'a not the issue at hand. The issue is that it is not only wrong, but ungodly to put aside any of your wives because you claim you are now born again.

The bible never said that, christians ahould aeriously ask themselves where they got that idea from that a man should out aside one of his wives if he become born again.

Is it not a sin to do what God has not tod you to do? why christians accept to teach that falsehood is what is beyond me.

If you disagree with Oyakhilome, then put forward your arguement and show that they are superior to his. That is fair enough, right?

The first wife amongst his wives he paid dowry/bride price for and legally married to is his wife. Others are concubines. After he is born again, he should stop having sexual affairs with them but he is to cater for their needs and the children they bore for him.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by MiddleDimension: 2:11pm On Mar 10
twilliamx:

1 Timothy 3:2
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

My dear, the reason Paul said so is not because he thinks polygamy for a Bishop is an abomination like you think but because of the work load it would be on the Bishop.

Bishops have great responsibilities to carryout within the church. This is what Oyedepo alluded to when he talked about putting in place a succession plan: that the work of God needs time and enegry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqViasDqhh4&pp=ygUXb3llZGVwbyBzdWNjZXNzaW9uIHBsYW4%3D

So, for Paul, since all he cared about was Opus Dei, he would rather you NOT BE MARRIED AT ALL SO THAT YOU ARE 100% DEDICATED TO IT (1Cor 7:26)

For him, a man who is married is ''oulled in two different direction!'' (1Cor 7: 33-34). So, out of respect for the family unit, he prescribed that for a man to be consecrated bishop, he should have only one wife.

Now, here is the interesting part:

The Paul you know (I am talking about the Paul I know, but the one you know) with how obsessed he was about Opus Dei, do you think if there is an man who has more than one wife, and is carrying his christian life, being very active in church, and fulfilling his responsibilities to his families very well, do you think thal Paul will oppose the consecration of the man to become Bishop?

I mean, we are talking about a Paul who expressed his obsession for Opus Dei when he said: ''I will be all thibgs to all people to win them over'' (1 Cor 9: 19-22). The mesaage there was: damn all else, as long as the job of soul winning is being done, Khalas (that's all!). He also said of all the apostles, I work the hardest...(1Cor 15:10); He said: who is Paul, who is Apollos and who is Paul? as long as the job is being done, that'a all that matters! (1Cor 3: 5-16). Is it the same Paul that said all these, that will have an objection to a chriatian who has more than one wife to be elected a bishop if he is a responsible father and husband to his wives, and whose christian virtues can be attested to, by the church?

Just as Paul said to the Corinthians that they are acting like unbelivers when they waste their time and effort, asking who is Paul and who is Apollos instead of asking if Opus Dei is being done (1Cor 3:4), So too will he tell you that you are acting like unbelievers if the question of whether or not a christian who is a responsible father to his children, and a good husband to his wives and still being a good and active christian in church, be a bishop.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Steep(m): 2:13pm On Mar 10
Freezyhot:

But where is his own wife?
If his wife left him for no fault of his, he is free to remarry again.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by emmnprince(m): 2:14pm On Mar 10
MiddleDimension:

Not to mention that sending anyone away woild create a social problem. Why are christians who.hold this idiotic opinion, an opinion WHICH IS NOT THE POSITION OF THE CHRISTIAN GOD, hell-bent on giving christianity a bad name?

Sending them away doesn't imply that he should stop sending them support—taking care of their needs. That's his responsibility he must fulfill; he shouldn't fail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Amazing Story: Pastor & Kids Saved After Huge Tree Suddenly Fell On Their SUV / I.O Ajilore's Prophecies: "I Saw Saraki Overcoming, Pray Against Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.