Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again (38532 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Westerhoffe(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11
STEWpid:

I want to see it.

grin

Updated.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Image123(m): 7:25pm On Mar 11
Mayeldah:

There is no need putting away a second wife just because you got born again. Let's stop tying up ourselves with laws that does not bind us as believers. Born again christians are encouraged to have one wife only but if you already had many wives before giving your life to Christ there is no need putting some of them away, you can still make heaven like that as they are legally married. 1 Corinth 7 gives perspectives to these things.
The

The problem is that most of us are a product of the limited knowledge of the word of God of our GOs. A lot of them put up these doctrines out of limited knowledge of God's word.

Let's stand fast in the liberty where Christ has made us free, why entangling yourselves again with human made laws?

i did not mention human made laws. Polygamy is outlawed in many places across the world BTW. Polygamous marriages are not recognised in many parts of the world. It is in West and some parts of Central Africa that we still have people hyping the rubbish. Yes, polygamy is rubbish in many ways and results, and most people from polygamous homes do not want to practice it.
Just like many countries, Jesus Christ did not recognise the so called husband of the Samaritan woman as her husband.
Same with Apostle Paul who asked someone to be sent out of the church for having his father's wife. If you married a dog, a tree, same sex before being a believer, i guess you will also say it is limited knowledge to dissolve such a useless relationship? That is not the liberty that Jesus gave. He gave you liberty to obey the will of God. You don't need Jesus' liberty to practice polygamy.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by absoluteSuccess: 9:22pm On Mar 11
MiddleDimension:

I am atheist, by the way.

Great to have an intellectual discourse with you sir.

See you around soon.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57pm On Mar 11
zeusdgrt:

Restitution means a wrong doing of hurt to confess,so Mr long typing does it suit the context of 2 wives? don't try to be too smart only to end up dull

Correct!

I was coming to tell him that.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05pm On Mar 11
veektor01:
No.
He is not correct.
I stand to be corrected anyways.

There is something called "Restitution" which means returning something that doesn't belong to you.
The Bible is not in support of polygamy..
What this means is that, as soon as one decides to get born again, such a person must be ready to let go of the old ways that aren't Christ-like. Letting go of the second wife in this case is part of it.

How do you restore sex? Or a lost God Set spouse? Plus how do you.restore all the toes you stepped on in your course of pursuing your desire?

It simply cannot be done and the perp will always be guilty of wrong doing.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Slimlord(m): 6:41am On Mar 14
Negroid001:

Who was unfaithful?
That's left for the partners and God to.know
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Steep: 8:35am On Mar 14
AuthorMan:

Kudos to you bro. For taking time to explain. Are you a Jehovah's witness
No I am not.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Mayeldah(m): 10:43am On Mar 15
Image123:

i did not mention human made laws. Polygamy is outlawed in many places across the world BTW. Polygamous marriages are not recognised in many parts of the world. It is in West and some parts of Central Africa that we still have people hyping the rubbish. Yes, polygamy is rubbish in many ways and results, and most people from polygamous homes do not want to practice it.
Just like many countries, Jesus Christ did not recognise the so called husband of the Samaritan woman as her husband.
Same with Apostle Paul who asked someone to be sent out of the church for having his father's wife. If you married a dog, a tree, same sex before being a believer, i guess you will also say it is limited knowledge to dissolve such a useless relationship? That is not the liberty that Jesus gave. He gave you liberty to obey the will of God. You don't need Jesus' liberty to practice polygamy.

So if a man with many wives gives his life to Christ, he and his family and they come to your church, you and your pastor will ask him to send the other wives away or stop coming to your church? Are you for real?
Christ died for all. The man married all his wives legally, so he can continue with all. The only limitation he may have is that he cant aspire t become a worker or a pastor.

If God tolerated polygamy in the old times and even related with men like David and others that are polygamous, he won't condemn the polygamists of today.

My point here is if the man had married them as an unbeliever,I am not encouraging believers to take a second wife. Btw, if the woman is sent away and couldn't get someone else to marry her, as a believer won't she be given to sin.

You guys should stop tying yourselves with laws that God didn't give you. Obey the scripture not your GO.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again by Image123(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15
Mayeldah:

So if a man with many wives gives his life to Christ, he and his family and they come to your church, you and your pastor will ask him to send the other wives away or stop coming to your church? Are you for real?
Christ died for all. The man married all his wives legally, so he can continue with all. The only limitation he may have is that he cant aspire t become a worker or a pastor.

If God tolerated polygamy in the old times and even related with men like David and others that are polygamous, he won't condemn the polygamists of today.

My point here is if the man had married them as an unbeliever,I am not encouraging believers to take a second wife. Btw, if the woman is sent away and couldn't get someone else to marry her, as a believer won't she be given to sin.

You guys should stop tying yourselves with laws that God didn't give you. Obey the scripture not your GO.

All these IFs that never happen are like the pharisaic woman that had seven husband scenarios. They do not exist. They are mentally gymanstics to try to make the Word of God look unreasonable.
If a sinner repents, he should drop his sins and come to the Lord and the body of Christ, not carry his things tightly without handing them over to the Lord. Polygamy is not the perfect will of God and is not tolerated in the New Testament and in many nations around the world. Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ, and that grace is not for toleration but for obedience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta / Alfa Leads Thugs To Disrupt Church Service In Ekiti / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.