Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima (80932 Views)

VP Shettima Insists Buhari Sits On His Seat Out Of Respect In Borno (Video) / VP Shettima Decorates Kayode Egbetokun, New IGP (photos) / Moment Akpabio Was Stopped From Using Same Door With VP Shettima In Aso Rock-VID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by myrates: 5:38pm On Mar 09
creativeworld:
Nigerians Slams Wigwe's daughter for not standing to greet VP Shettima at her parents' funeral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoqQyKrCaE?si=HNpHsi99M2Qr_7Xu

A moral police on social media has called out Herbert Wigwe's oldest daughter for not standing to greet the Vice President of Nigeria, Kashim Shettima.

The user shared a photo of Tochi Wigwe sitting while accepting a handshake from Shettima during one of the events organised to mourn Herbert Wigwe, his wife Chizoba Wigwe, and their son Chizzy Wigwe who died in a helicopter crash. He then shared photos of former VP Yemi Osinbajo and businessman Aliko Dangote standing to shake hands with Shettima.

He wrote: “Same Man, different regard. Whoever that girl is,she lacks proper home training. You don't shake a person old enough to be your father while seating down.”

A couple of other social media users from the North also berated the grieving daughter.

However, many defended her.
I sympathise with her over the irreparable loss of her parents and brother cuz i know how it feels having gone through this myself.However, it's not an excuse to disrespect people especially the elderly person and VP of the country for that matter. She's simply a spoilt brat who lacks manners, period.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by mightyhazel: 5:40pm On Mar 09
Oracleforce:

So, because you are mourning ...is your common sense mourning also? ....even when greeting a business partner ...wisdom demand that you stsnd.up.
Common sense is not common. ...awkward people
.nah only her don lost both parents in a day ? Irrationality ...
Common sense told her to dress in black attire but her common sense didn't tell her to stand and greet her VP president ....Thank God.for the.maturity of.the VP....I'm sure if either of her parent is alive to witness this rubbish behaviour....they could have corrected her

I know the lost of Bitter Obi in the presidential election has affect your good judgement sense....
You need help
Bad home training.....

Seeing the way you quickly roped in peter Obi..I understood exactly where you are coming from. But don't let hate and bitterness bring about your end. What that child is going through is better imagined. I will excuse her if she defaecates on the table right there. Death of a single relative can bring about mental breakdown and collapse of senses talk less of three very dear people. But since you are already rooted in hate,there must not be room for empathy for a people u already hate from the pit of your rotted guts

2 Likes

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Benwallt(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09
And Obi to cry for recognition
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by uwuana: 5:49pm On Mar 09
flokii:

The VP's security details ought to have dealt with her but I'm sure the VP didn't want to cause a scene.. Even her grandfather (if he's still alive) must stand up to greet the Vice President of Nigeria. The girl is mad.
Oya go and order them to dealt with her na since the VP doesn't know how to do his job,fool that's what you are,a very big fool, did you think she's on naira land? While you are here looking for respect for your useless VP who doesn't even know whether you exist, she swims in billions, only God knows if you have seen garri to drink for today,ebin pa wa gang, useless mofo don't even think of quoting me, you can argue with your keyboard.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by oko4lucky(m): 5:51pm On Mar 09
Are you complaining because it was vice president or an elderly man?
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Enculer2: 5:53pm On Mar 09
flokii:
She lacks manners.. sitting down to shake her late father's senior age wise says a lot about her upbringing. Awon omo akebaje.

Dumb
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Enculer2: 5:53pm On Mar 09
Benwallt:
And Obi to cry for recognition

You are having nightmares because of Obi?

1 Like

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by MOHSHESHI(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09
Tellmeastory:

Terrible. She lost many people in her family.

She can be excused for not standing.
y must she even stand up in the first place Africa with our problem
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Rejouir: 5:54pm On Mar 09
Omoluabi16:

I thought they were just trolls looking for engagement, till I realized some were actually serious. Even love and empathy supersedes any irrelevant respect at this point. I hope they don't get to go through this tragedy ever.
Even if they go through such tragedy, they weren't raised up with love. So they don't understand what parental love is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Promax4321: 6:01pm On Mar 09
She lack home training, she is used to such bad character, she wasn't brought to do obeisance to elders which manifested openly.

Some stupid people will have excuse to this stupid child. We should train our children manners so that will naturally behave well and won't disgrace us in public.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Caleycash(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09
flokii:
She lacks manners.. sitting down to shake her late father's senior age wise says a lot about her upbringing. Awon omo akebaje.
Go force her to stand and greet naa... useless thing!, like you're better off than here?, someone mourning her parents and sibling, should stand and greet, do you know if her thoughts are even together there??, you're a mad man!
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by freemanq(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09
Those slamming her should come out and be in her shoes maybe they will understand better
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Caleycash(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09
Promax4321:
She lack home training, she is used to such bad character, she wasn't brought to do obeisance to elders which manifested openly.

Some stupid people will have excuse to this stupid child. We should train our children manners so that will naturally behave well and won't disgrace us in public.
All your family awon STUPIDITY!, Animal!
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by musicwriter(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09
creativeworld:
Nigerians Slams Wigwe's daughter for not standing to greet VP Shettima at her parents' funeral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoqQyKrCaE?si=HNpHsi99M2Qr_7Xu

A moral police on social media has called out Herbert Wigwe's oldest daughter for not standing to greet the Vice President of Nigeria, Kashim Shettima.

The user shared a photo of Tochi Wigwe sitting while accepting a handshake from Shettima during one of the events organised to mourn Herbert Wigwe, his wife Chizoba Wigwe, and their son Chizzy Wigwe who died in a helicopter crash. He then shared photos of former VP Yemi Osinbajo and businessman Aliko Dangote standing to shake hands with Shettima.

He wrote: “Same Man, different regard. Whoever that girl is,she lacks proper home training. You don't shake a person old enough to be your father while seating down.”

A couple of other social media users from the North also berated the grieving daughter.

However, many defended her.

The girl did the right thing by not standing to greet Shettima.
She's not supposed to, as she's all overwhelmed by grief at this time...... something heavy is on her mind.

The so called adults are supposed to understand why
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Uchesis: 6:07pm On Mar 09
Goodnewsforlife:
I can bet u are igbo
So no surprises
We Igbos don't give a fuccck who the VP is.
so take your so called respect and shove it down your toilet
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Ate247(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09
flokii:
when it happens to you. You will know nobody exists around you. Even if na president e no concern me.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Oracleforce: 6:11pm On Mar 09
mightyhazel:
Seeing the way you quickly roped in peter Obi..I understand exactly where you are coming from. But don't let hate and bitterness bring about your end. What that child is going through is better imagined. I will excuse her if she defaecates on the table right there. Death of a single relative can bring about mental breakdown and collapse of senses talk less of three very dear people. But since you are already rooted in hate,there must not be room for empathy for a people u already hate from the pit of your rotted guts

Do you know how many people whom have lost both parents to Book haram in a day ? Do you know how many people who are orphan ...Yet , they still ensure things are done properly...theu ensure they project the.image of.their family...I know what it takes to lost both parent within.the space of time ...died.in gruesome.murder.however., this is common sense ...
Some bereaved people at those sorrowful moment will even be happy that people.took.their time.to.visit.them.and share their pain....
However , In her situation , so many people came from.far and near...imcluding.the Vice President of a nation .... .to pay her dad last respect....see her sitting down as.if.VP is jobless and doesn't have any good thing to do with his precious time.

If VP could pay this VIsit to any of the children of our soldiers or civil servant who died in the active service.....imagine the uncontrollable joy that will.ravage the person face....

All these rich man's daughter are always spoilt brat....simple!
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by honour7: 6:13pm On Mar 09
NorthernAgender:
Lack of home training and insensitive of the program organizer.whatever it maybe protocol must be observed. For VP to attend that funeral it's a great honor for the deceased and the immediate family.

Guy may something bad not happen to you, it would be as if they removed something from your stomach, and all your power, I can categorically tell you that girl is seeing nothing, hearing nothing and feeling nothing but nubness
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by adionin(m): 6:15pm On Mar 09
I think comments on this platform should also have "unlike" tab.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Chetas81(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09
flokii:
INSANITY ON YOUR FOREHEAD
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by KayB: 6:29pm On Mar 09
Let the uncultured bootlickers be, you can't give what you don't have.
Definitely she hasn't eaten since the death of her loved one.
May the dead rest on
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by optm(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09
Many Nigerians major on minor issues. How does her not standing up to greet the VP affect him? This person would be mute on matters as concerning the economy that affects them in great ways. Yeye......

1 Like

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Dybala11(m): 6:33pm On Mar 09
flokii:

The VP's security details ought to have dealt with her but I'm sure the VP didn't want to cause a scene.. Even her grandfather (if he's still alive) must stand up to greet the Vice President of Nigeria. The girl is mad.
Deal with her?
Abeg go and take your drugs.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by tenpipsperday: 6:34pm On Mar 09
Standing up to greet a terrorist. Nigerians eh!

No wonder God seems to have abandoned Nigerian project.
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by GGIA: 6:34pm On Mar 09
immortalcrown:
She is bereaved. She is mourning the deaths of her parents and her sibling. Where is your conscience?

Average Nigerians act with sentiments rather than with rationality. Was the VP there to show sympathy or to be worshiped?

After all, the same Shettima will likely choose to be the one bowing for people during the next presidential election campaign.
for the first time in a long while you have made perfect sense.

immortal 👑
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by optm(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09
KayB:
Let the uncultured bootlickers be, you can't give what you don't have.
Definitely she hasn't eaten since the death of her loved one.
May the dead rest on
do you think her standing up to greet the vp is respect? If so, she ought to stand up in greeting everybody cos everyone ought to be respecteded irrespective of age, gender or status. If your respect is reserved for a certain class of persons, you are not actually respectful but hypocritic.

1 Like

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Christian36: 6:37pm On Mar 09
killsmith:
Nigerians and their plastic morality.
Yet you're mostly criminals and poor People.
You just said my mind, plastic morality, same people worship criminals in high position.

1 Like

Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by Christian36: 6:38pm On Mar 09
optm:
do you think her standing up to greet the vp is respect? If so, she ought to stand up in greeting everybody cos everyone ought to be respecteded irrespective of age, gender or status. If your respect is reserved for a certain class of persons, you are not actually respectful but hypocritic.
Don't mind those hypocrites
Re: Tochi, Wigwe's Daughter Slammed For Not Standing To Greet VP Shettima by rickyrex(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09
So if nah 100 elderly men come to hake her hands she will stand up 100 times abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Cool On Ekweremadu's Seat (Photos) / Uduak Godwin Nseobot 'King Pele' Strips A Woman Nude On His Wedding Day / Kano People Swimming In Ganduje's Underpass That Is Under Construction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.