Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared (36361 Views)

63-year-old Woman’s Corpse Disappears From Ondo Morgue / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / What You Should Do If You Have Not Visited The Toilet In A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by poseidon12: 1:01am On Mar 13
JuanXXx:
Somehow, I know spirit are real and the African voodoo and shi. So i'm planning to go there again but this time around be prepared and all that.

While I'd love any suggestions on how to overcome the stench. I want to spend more time there, I have got some question to ask her. Might go there with a camera maybe I'd capture anything unusual.

So medical practitioners, how does it feels when your patient self delete of any cause.

Why would you want to go there with camera? I hope they seize that camera. How would you feel if somebody takes camera to the Morgue to film a close relative of yours?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by JuanXXx: 1:13am On Mar 13
poseidon12:

Why would you want to go there with camera? I hope they seize that camera. How would you feel if somebody takes camera to the Morgue to film a close relative of yours?

lol. Not going to point it at anybody but rather empty space maybe, just maybe the camera would be able to capture something unexpected and it's going to be for my personal consumption to just satisfy some curiosity and nothing more.... you wouldn't expect spirits to lie down same way with the body....
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Ilekokonit: 2:11am On Mar 13
JuanXXx:
Might go there with a camera maybe I'd capture anything unusual.

Please respect the dignity of the dead. DON'T take your camera there. No one will like their dead body or that of a loved one snapped and posted online. Even the dead should have rights to dignity biko. Its true that they can't speak but they should still be respected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by BALLOSKI: 3:58am On Mar 13
JuanXXx:
Somehow, I know spirit are real and the African voodoo and shi. So i'm planning to go there again but this time around be prepared and all that.

While I'd love any suggestions on how to overcome the stench. I want to spend more time there, I have got some question to ask her. Might go there with a camera maybe I'd capture anything unusual.

So medical practitioners, how does it feels when your patient self delete of any cause.

With camera? Wetin you de look for, you go find.

Besides, no one should be allowed in there with a camera or phone.

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by BALLOSKI: 4:05am On Mar 13
SporaD8:

If Nigerians visit the morgue as often as they visit religious houses, Nobody will need to preach against Pride and Corruption.
That's why the messenger of Allah, Prophet Mohammad, encouraged us to visit burial ground and the hospitals to see the sick - it will humble you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by BALLOSKI: 4:09am On Mar 13
jaszplus12:
Went to collect my elder brother body from the morgue 17 years ago was my first time in the morgue, a dead woman was being embalmed on the floor just by the entrance door, she was being pumped via her VJJ...I saw corpses naked, stripped of all dignity, laying there just waiting to be taken away for last rites and burial...yes I saw life in a different way!
Bible says it's better to be in a place of mourning than a place of mirth, for we will all take that route someday!
May we learn to number our days!
Why it's better to bury the dead immediately.

Those doing the "embalment" - I don't know how they look at women from that point upward

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by BALLOSKI: 4:16am On Mar 13
zed7:
Horrible experience. You will repent immediately, you will become humble, until after a while, the human nature comes back and you forget all that you learned.

My first experience, I was traumatised. It's funny how the morgue attendants see corpses as just ordinary.
They're used to it.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by jaszplus12(m): 9:27am On Mar 13
BALLOSKI:
Why it's better to bury the dead immediately.

Those doing the "embalment" - I don't know how they look at women from that point upward
Sincerely I'm against keeping bodies for long periods. Unless for police cases, else it's always best to bury as quickly as possible.
You needed to see what those guys where doing to the woman's body...one glance was enough!
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by megley(f): 11:37am On Mar 13
Chasito:
Nothing dey this life o, "Na him somebody go just open mouth tell another person,"do you know who I am?" cheesy

My former landlord said the same thing to me when he found out that we "touched" his house a little after we moved out, and was threatening "I will show you who I am ... his exact words were "I will show you who am I"

That was around early July of 2023. Heard that the man don kpai around February this year. After all the gragra and wickedness.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Honeydenz(f): 12:54pm On Mar 13
airsaylongcome:

Well it's a case of market forces (demand vs supply). Nigerians are very price sensitive and will almost always go for a cheaper option if they have a choice. Consider that it is often cheaper to store a corpse for a few months in the rainy season (when the roads are bad) than to embark on a long journey during the rains, transporting the corpse home. So there is a tendency to "over preserve" the body by using excess (cheap) formalin

Lol, this is true but do you blame Nigerians?
People are struggling to feed and u expect them to pump more money on an already dead body after all the financially-draining hospital bills? I mean...common!
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 1:07pm On Mar 13
Honeydenz:

Lol, this is true but do you blame Nigerians?
People are struggling to feed and u expect them to pump more money on an already dead body after all the financially-draining hospital bills? I mean...common!

Of course I get the economics. After hospital bill has battered someone, to expect them to know pay loads of money to keep the corpse "pretty" when people never chop is over demanding. So yeah I get that demand to meet basics first. But it would be nice if we start incorporating aesthetics on the corpses. Some of them look drier than stock fish

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by tete7000(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13
Calitoscassius:
More fairytale imaginations, you don't need to convince me, show me proofs!, there is a different between convincing and proving, go and learn the difference.

Moses all that shit never happened. It is just fairytale. grin you have being brainwashed badly.

Convince you? I didn't try to do that, why should I do that? I only showd you that your tyoes behavior is long predicted, nothing can convince you. Only your landing in hell with do that.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 9:11am On Mar 14
tete7000:

Convince you? I didn't try to do that, why should I do that? I only showd you that your tyoes behavior is long predicted, nothing can convince you. Only your landing in hell with do that.
Okay, behaviour long predicted by who? And what behaviour? There are predictions also that people like you will believe all these nonesense story in the bible without proofs.

I, land in hell? grin grin why? Because i refuse to be brainwashed? In which country is hell located? How do people land in hell? By Airplane or train?

You see? The problem with gullible fools like you is , you are afraid to ask these questions. You are afraid to querry your bible and religion, because you have being brainwashed to believe that you would go to hell if you dare to querry the authenticity of all that nonesense written in that your bloody bible.

I am happy to land in hell grin where will you land? Do you even know?

You are a fool, you have concluded that i will land in hell but you don't know where you will land. grin grin cheesy
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by tete7000(m): 12:11pm On Mar 14
Calitoscassius:
Okay, behaviour long predicted by who? And what behaviour? There are predictions also that people like you will believe all these nonesense story in the bible without proofs.

I, land in hell? grin grin why? Because i refuse to be brainwashed? In which country is hell located? How do people land in hell? By Airplane or train?

You see? The problem with gullible fools like you is , you are afraid to ask these questions. You are afraid to querry your bible and religion, because you have being brainwashed to believe that you would go to hell if you dare to querry the authenticity of all that nonesense written in that your bloody bible.

I am happy to land in hell grin where will you land? Do you even know?

You are a fool, you have concluded that i will land in hell but you don't know where you will land. grin grin cheesy

When you die you will no who is the fool out of the two of us. Now that you are alive, you can keep deceiving yourself and rough your mouth. Whether you believe it or not, if you continue like this, you will for sure land in hell. By the way, why are you bothered about hell you didn't believe in. Feel free to continue living your delusion.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 1:46pm On Mar 14
tete7000:

When you die you will no who is the fool out of the two of us. Now that you are alive, you can keep deceiving yourself and rough your mouth. Whether you believe it or not, if you continue like this, you will for sure land in hell. By the way, why are you bothered about hell you didn't believe in. Feel free to continue living your delusion.
You are a brainwashed fool! You carefully avoided my questions, but it is fine! I know you don't know the answers. cheesy grin

You are right about one thing that when i die i wlll know who is a fool, when you die also you will know who is a fool. But for now you and i don't know where hell is or if hell even exists.

I cannot land in hell if i don't know where hell is. grin grin you are really dumb. You need to tell me where hell is so i can land there, fool! grin

I am not bothered about hell, you are the one who keeps telling me for the 3rd time that i will land in hell, you seem to be so bothered and afraid of hell that you keep mentioning hell..

Inshort, i want to land in hell, but how the fork do i land in hell if i don't know where hell is.. i ask you again, which country is hell located so i can land there next week?

And oh! Where will you land?. If you cannot answer this simple question then i feel sorry for you. grin where will you land? Keep asking yourself again and again where will you land? Maybe your brainwashed brain will resset.

Good luck figuring out where you will land, don't worry about me, i ve already accepted to land in hell if you show me where hell is. grin what about you? Where will you land? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are so afraid of thinking about or asking yourself where will you land? Where da fork will you land? cheesy and oh! before i forgot, when you see Jesus tell him i said he can lick my bum.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 11:37pm On Mar 19
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogan idiot

"you allowed him to lead"

Are you in a position to do otherwise? You wan first the mortuary attendant enter before?

Then you described the stench of the corpse including that of your friend? That's so disrespectful.

Just because you're gunning for attention here and want us to see how you're pretending to write like one unfortunate ghetto drugged up African American illiterate.

disrespectful attention-seeking, wannabe ghetto twerp.

Lost fool
haba bros. Wetin dis guy do you na? Small small abeg.

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 7:48pm On Apr 05
Edusouls:
hahahahaha hundred years too much, in 50years
you and who?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 7:52pm On Apr 05
Chucks13:

I think he s talking about when SARS still on before they were dissolved.

But I'm shocked by his revelation, shiver gripped me
SARS committed alot of atrocities.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 8:13pm On Apr 05
Archworld:

I have often tried to know why dead bodies are being bathed before burial. What benefit does a dead man gain from having bath before burial
to be clean enough for termites to feast on.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 8:15pm On Apr 05
delishpot:

They were not just inside carton. Their bodies were placed inside a biohazard box or casket and boxed up. It's to keep the sanctity of their transportation. Imagine say you enter plane come see 3 coffins with dead body loaded inside that plane with you.
Some people have this belief that it is dangerous to carry a corpse without doing some rituals. Not especially when flying in a plane.That's why the caskets were packaged to keep them discreet.
They were not packed into the carton box like dogs.
in other word, it's called "packaging"
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 8:31pm On Apr 05
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

I doubt its about make up.

I've watched dissection videos from medical lecturers overseas and the cadavers even though preserved and toughened, still retain their natural complexion to a high degree.

Who would make up a laboratory cadaver preserved for dissection?
I think it has to do with their temperate weather. Putrefying microbes don't thrive well in cold regions thus their activities are usually slowed down unlike in this our region [tropical]. They do better in warmer climes thus decay starts almost immediately after death. That's what I think o. I might be wrong though.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 8:35pm On Apr 05
Adewale1603:
no. I don't know. And I don't want to know
you must know oo grin cheesy grin
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kingzjayzee: 8:37pm On Apr 05
airsaylongcome:

Ah, if it's those ones then yeah you are right, they keep the natural complexion to a large degree. To be honest though, I have come across one very good mortuary in Lagos. High end though. Went to see a corpse there for identification and the person looked like they were sleeping
so in the low end mortuary, the dead look like they are awake abi? 😏
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 2:27am On Apr 06
Kingzjayzee:
so in the low end mortuary, the dead look like they are awake abi? 😏

They look like dry stockfish
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by delishpot: 11:10am On Apr 09
Kingzjayzee:
in other word, it's called "packaging"

Lol. But the way he said it, he thinks they were just thrown inside cardboard boxes and shipped home. Once Dem put body inside casket wether na wrapper or cardbox Dem take cover am afterwards, e no matter again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mortuary Rejects Man’s Corpse After Causing Commotion In Anambra / Young Lady To Be Buried On Her Birthday After Tragic Fire Mishap.Graphic Photos / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.