Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared (36381 Views)

63-year-old Woman’s Corpse Disappears From Ondo Morgue / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / What You Should Do If You Have Not Visited The Toilet In A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by poshestmina(f): 1:34pm On Mar 12
Adewale1603:
she said till now, she doesn't have the words to describe it, so how do you want her to explain or describe it ?
Some things are better left unsaid
Some things involves you experiencing it by yourself

Gboromideleru,Booda sofo!!!
I wasn't talking to you.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 1:34pm On Mar 12
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Every corpse I've seen in Nigeria is usually as black as coal, sometimes even disfigured.
Makes me wonder how its done overseas that corpses retain their natural colour.

Is there a Nigerian formula to the formalin formulated by our morticians down here?

Not sure of their formulation. But yes the bodies become blacker than coal the way they embalm here.

Also note that most of the overseas corpses you have seen have mostly already been made up before you get to see them. Unless you have worked in their morgues and have seen them prior to make up.

I really wish I knew why we get in screwed here. Possibly because we haven't put it down to an exact science here. I remember watching my first embalming here in Nigeria at 13. Two incisions, one at the neck and one at the thigh near the groin. The surgeon was very exact in the quantity of embalming fluid pumped to the head, the torso, and the legs. Unfortunately I don't remember his combination of formalin and phenol. But I've always been intrigues about embalming since then

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Adewale1603(m): 1:36pm On Mar 12
Sirmwill:
That's just it OP

A visit to the morgue is enough to humble any sane human on the planet

Everyone becomes equal
that's the fact. Everyone will surely taste death in one way or the other either maturely or prematurely.
There's is nothing in this life, we should just live right, treat everybody right and in humbleness.
That's why If i see most proud and arrogant people, I just shake my head, especially rich and wealthy people that just treat poor and the less privileged people like trash and shits. They should remember that everyone is equal in death, death is death, we were all born in the same way and surely taste death. So live a life of humility and sacrifice, treat everybody equally, we're all human beings, there's no special human being, if you were special you will be born differently and have supernatural powers and probably never age and die

8 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by NeckingNgulping(m): 1:37pm On Mar 12
Everybody dies, not everybody lives.

Drake.

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by delishpot: 1:38pm On Mar 12
kenny160:
I thought I am the only one feeling this way. Some people said is because I am a muslim thats why. Please bro are you also a Muslim?

I started feeling that way 20 something years ago and I am a follower of Christ' teaching not a muslim. Many christians don't celebrate birthdays as per religious rule.
I also don't see new year as a time to celebrate but rather a time to reflect on my past and ask God for grace in the new year.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Timoleon(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12
Adewale1603:
she said till now, she doesn't have the words to describe it, so how do you want her to explain or describe it ?
Some things are better left unsaid
Some things involves you experiencing it by yourself

She can use diagrams undecided
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 1:40pm On Mar 12
Hello.
Do u know how someone can get employed to work in a morgue or mortuary?
oluwaseyi0:
Morgue ain't for the weak minded

One of the place I can't work no matter the cost,
Same for working in the military
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 1:41pm On Mar 12
Hello.
Do u know how one can get employment in a morgue or mortuary?
zed7:
Horrible experience. You will repent immediately, you will become humble, until after a while, the human nature comes back and you forget all that you learned.

My first experience, I was traumatised. It's funny how the morgue attendants see corpses as just ordinary.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:43pm On Mar 12
airsaylongcome:

Not sure of their formulation. But yes the bodies become blacker than coal the way they embalm here.

Also note that most of the overseas corpses you have seen have mostly already been made up before you get to see them. Unless you have worked in their morgues and have seen them prior to make up.

I really wish I knew why we get in screwed here. Possibly because we haven't put it down to an exact science here. I remember watching my first embalming here in Nigeria at 13. Two incisions, one at the neck and one at the thigh near the groin. The surgeon was very exact in the quantity of embalming fluid pumped to the head, the torso, and the legs. Unfortunately I don't remember his combination of formalin and phenol. But I've always been intrigues about embalming since then

I doubt its about make up.

I've watched dissection videos from medical lecturers overseas and the cadavers even though preserved and toughened, still retain their natural complexion to a high degree.

Who would make up a laboratory cadaver preserved for dissection?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Duelee: 1:45pm On Mar 12
enemyofprogress:
When next you go there read Psalm 35 and sprinkle some water on her face and body. She will get up and talk to you, but make sure you do this at 12AM, 6AM, 12PM or 6PM.

Nollywood has fried this one's brain.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Panda7(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12
kind people are not allowed to be embalm in the mortuary but in their bedroom. I hope you are aware

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Yxxx: 1:47pm On Mar 12
Omoawoke:
We don’t die, we only change from one form to another. Our body is a vessel we use
Please explain
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 1:50pm On Mar 12
Hello.
Do u know how one can get employment to work in a mortuary?
Obierika:

If you too start working in a mortuary after some time it will also become ordinary to you
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 1:52pm On Mar 12
Hello do u know how one can get employment to work in a mortuary or morgue?
Edoziesmart:
Lol that's normal thing. I have visited the morgue serveraly times and I don't panic again because it is not new thing to me.

But to be frankly speaking, the first time I visited the morgue I nearly pee on my pant grin. Since then I knew that dead is an inevitable something.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by oroje1: 1:52pm On Mar 12
Omo I remember going to the morgue to check on my late dad's corpse, one of the days they brought a very pretty lady, cold and dead, I don't know but water commot 4my eyes,,, ever since then I've been seeing life differently, owe no anything but love,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by georgeakins: 1:53pm On Mar 12
tabaralph:

One of our companies driver was knocked down by a danfo driver along bolade oshodi driving against the traffic 15years ago, the body was taken to ayinke house for embalming, the day we took his corpse to ekpoma was the first and the last day I was a the mortuary ,as the admin manager I had to lead the corpse to his town for burial, on getting to the hospital for collection, my self and two of my staff were asked to come for final identification before closing the coffin,then on our way along the corridor I saw where a mortician opened up the skull of a dead man like opening a calabash in half and he was literally fumbling with the whitish brain 🧠 looking for God know what, I almost fainted, since that day mortuaries are no no for me.

So many fake stories on nairaland.

Ayinke house is for pregnant and nursing mothers. They don't embalm there.

Secondly, there is no way they would call you to identify the body unless you're the one that deposited it and you have the proper documents.
Thirdly, you could not have seen anyone touching human brains as a visitor, Anatomy class is not the same as a morgue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:56pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
So someone close to me died and her body was deposited at the morgue and luckily for me, the place is just a few step from my friends place ( I often sleep there).

Got there, I meet the attendant and it was only one guy on duty. I was sho, only you dey manage all dead body here, na boss you be oo.

I was leading the way and he told me to wait outside while he enter first and signal for me to come later.
I sha allow him to lead and wait at the reception with my friend( baba dey fear give excuse).

Few minute, he told me to come and I obliged. Omo corps was littered everywhere. Normal local morgue oo. Formalin was used to persevere all of them and they are all of different size and shape. I knew I was going there to see some cadavers, but when I got there, a different reality was dawn on me. If is should count they should be more than 400. He showed me her body and I told him okay let's go. I spent less than 2 minutes, not because I was afraid but the stench be killing me.
After that incidence, I see life from different perspectives. Like, at the end of the day we all equal. Omo, there is no class or status there. Everyone is equal, naked and laying next each other...

Just try to enjoy life while you are alive, try all your possible best to be happy with/without drug. Spread the happiness, if na joint share am and food or update.

I remember my cousin telling me of his morgue visit when his Mom (my aunt) died.

The attendant showed him a corpse and said: "this one was a 'Kabiyesi' (a king)".

A very sobering story.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 1:58pm On Mar 12
Hello.
Do u know how one can get to be employed in a morgue or mortuary?
Adewale1603:
those people working in the morgue no be normal human being nw, you think they are perfectly normal and they'll be working in such place. It's not done ordinarily. It takes lots of things.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 2:01pm On Mar 12
Hello. Do u know how one can get to be employed in a morgue or mortuary?
georgeakins:

Fabricated story!

No way you can view a body deposited in a morgue unless the person who deposited it came with you, and he must come with the documents he signed the day the body was deposited..

And there is no way you can see other bodies deposited

Stop lying to yourself in order to get cheap likes
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Adewale1603(m): 2:03pm On Mar 12
Love800:
Hello.
Do u know how one can get to be employed in a morgue or mortuary?
no. I don't know. And I don't want to know

6 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by CAPTIVATOR: 2:04pm On Mar 12
Acidosis:

It is one of the reasons I see birthdays differently from how many see it. It's always a sober moment for me. Each birthday you celebrate, you are actually closer to your death. Is the whole funfair necessary? Maybe, but do it with sense and reflection.

Reality.

Though some feel it's an appreciation of life from their own perspective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by NoSmoking: 2:07pm On Mar 12
poshestmina:

Describe it pls,why was the corpse at the back of the door?

Well... That was where it was positioned

It was bloated and off colour... I couldn't look at it directly

That's all I could say about the little I saw with the corner of my eyes

😶
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Zetty177x: 2:09pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
So someone close to me died and her body was deposited at the morgue and luckily for me, the place is just a few step from my friends place ( I often sleep there).

Got there, I meet the attendant and it was only one guy on duty. I was sho, only you dey manage all dead body here, na boss you be oo.

I was leading the way and he told me to wait outside while he enter first and signal for me to come later.
I sha allow him to lead and wait at the reception with my friend( baba dey fear give excuse).

Few minute, he told me to come and I obliged. Omo corps was littered everywhere. Normal local morgue oo. Formalin was used to persevere all of them and they are all of different size and shape. I knew I was going there to see some cadavers, but when I got there, a different reality was dawn on me. If is should count they should be more than 400. He showed me her body and I told him okay let's go. I spent less than 2 minutes, not because I was afraid but the stench be killing me.
After that incidence, I see life from different perspectives. Like, at the end of the day we all equal. Omo, there is no class or status there. Everyone is equal, naked and laying next each other...

Just try to enjoy life while you are alive, try all your possible best to be happy with/without drug. Spread the happiness, if na joint share am and food or update.

You write well .. .go and write a novel...
I liked your last paragraph... Especially 👇👇
try all your possible best to be happy with/without drug

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 2:10pm On Mar 12
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

I doubt its about make up.

I've watched dissection videos from medical lecturers overseas and the cadavers even though preserved and toughened, still retain their natural complexion to a high degree.

Who would make up a laboratory cadaver preserved for dissection?

Ah, if it's those ones then yeah you are right, they keep the natural complexion to a large degree. To be honest though, I have come across one very good mortuary in Lagos. High end though. Went to see a corpse there for identification and the person looked like they were sleeping

7 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by ttmax09(m): 2:10pm On Mar 12
nifemi25:
Early 2023 a cousin of mine was electrocuted by a sars officer at Ibadan. He was accused of been a yahoo boy... He was later dumped at one general hospital at Ibadan, where we later went to retrieve his dead body for proper burial. When we got to the mogue, lots of human dead body were litered around. About 400 corpes and they have all dried .. no matter how your heart is strong once you entered the mogue. You will surely have second thoughts for life
Pls how did you guys deal with the sars officers, don't tell me y'all left it to God?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Zetty177x: 2:12pm On Mar 12
dexmond:
What happens after death? Will the people be judged for all the things they did while alive? If no judgement, won't it be useless and vanity for one to care about the good?

I de tell u. Some people are so wicked
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Akalia(m): 2:13pm On Mar 12
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogan idiot

"you allowed him to lead"

Are you in a position to do otherwise? You wan first the mortuary attendant enter before?

Then you described the stench of the corpse including that if your friend? That's so disrespectful.

Just because you're gunning for attention here and what to see how you're pretending to write like one unfortunate ghetto drugged up African American illiterate.

disrespectful attention-seeking, wannabe ghetto twerp.

Lost fool
I had my reservations too about the OP. I will just let it slide.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by emonis88: 2:14pm On Mar 12
Sirmwill:
That's just it OP

A visit to the morgue is enough to humble any sane human on the planet

Everyone becomes equal
Not our politicians in Nigeria, because if it does like it does to others , we would have had a better country today.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 2:14pm On Mar 12
Omihanifa:
When I saw Herbert wigwe's body together with his wife and son I was weak. It was inside a carton and placed on the floor. I was just thinking this life is just somehow.

You know that inside that carton are some of the most expensive leak proof metal caskets available right? So no, they were not brought inside carton. They were brought inside leak proof metal caskets. They were not "placed on the floor" they were placed on material handling equipments for safe transportation without hurting humans

5 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Zetty177x: 2:16pm On Mar 12
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogan idiot

"you allowed him to lead"

Are you in a position to do otherwise? You wan first the mortuary attendant enter before?

Then you described the stench of the corpse including that if your friend? That's so disrespectful.

Just because you're gunning for attention here and what to see how you're pretending to write like one unfortunate ghetto drugged up African American illiterate.

disrespectful attention-seeking, wannabe ghetto twerp.

Lost fool

Biggest fool that ever liveth. . ...

Why so bleeping rude and insulting? This is all shades of wrong. I'm livid ... there's no single thing the poster said that is wrong, I beg. Dead body supposed to scent like perfume before? When our shit de smell anyhow?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by jaszplus12(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12
malakaimoscondo:
only Christian naked corps....even in death Muslims dont violate their dead.....their unclothedness must be protected
Only christians??
Question: does your religion wash bodies of the dead or not? Don't limit it to your clan only, dig wide and deep.
Then let me educate you burial is not a "christian" ritual, it's just to dispose of the mortal body. The real thing is the immortal body which we strive to keep in tune with our God. If the immortal body is not alive in Christ then be sure that eternity is in damnation. The mortal body, whether desecrated or kept "pure" has no effect on the immortal!
Bible says the dead know nothing as all the earthly affection are ceased! So, if anyone likes he can oogle at the unclothedness of a dead human, it means nothing to the dead...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Lady To Be Buried On Her Birthday After Tragic Fire Mishap.Graphic Photos / Snakes Invade Communities In Plateau State, Attacks Many / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.