Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k (3640 Views)

Man And His Very Tall Brazilian Wife Cause A Stir On Social Media (Pictures) / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! / Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by GodHimself: 1:13pm On Mar 09
Simple.

We will soon know the real essential goods.

aremubabs:

As simple as that.

If demand decreases, price decreases.

I told my wife last week not to worry. She came to me shouting that noodles price has increased and they are planning to increase a sachet of pure water to #100. I told her that it is the producers and sellers that will suffer it. Once value drops on these goods, the prices will come down automatically.

The people I pity the most are the pure water manufacturers thinking of increasing price. Water that can be got anyhow. People will drink any water to survive, and the demand for pure water will reduce drastically. By the time the consumers are done with them, a sachet of pure water will sell for as low as #5.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by ehay(f): 2:25pm On Mar 09
[color=#006600][/color]
PointZerom:

Maybe you don't have children, if you do..you'll know how special it is.

I have children and I removed from my meal time table a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by PointZerom: 3:19pm On Mar 09
ehay:
[color=#006600][/color]

I have children and I removed from my meal time table a long time ago.

Mine are enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by imam07: 3:24pm On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
If not for young ones and lazy adult who don't want to cook for long, who rushes noodles?
That thing is made from wheat o. Imagine 100kg of wheat flour is less than 100 thousand Naira but noodles of 40kg selling for more.
who told u is made from wheat? It is made from our local casava here. Wheat for where
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by RepoMan007: 3:31pm On Mar 09
imam07:
who told u is made from wheat? It is made from our local casava here. Wheat for where
may that's why garri is big now
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by Tohsynetita1: 3:31pm On Mar 09
Mindlog:

It is not special, it became a low hanging fruit for many parents in Nigeria from the late 90s, the instant meal within minutes. The same indomie noodles is not doing well in Kenya because kids there no dey reason am, reason most times it stays long on their supermarket shelves and they were always doing clearance sales, 50% off the price

The faces of indomie noodles adverts in Kenya are predominantly adults(unless they have changed) not children focused as it is in Nigeria, many Kenyan kids would prefer boiled eggs , sliced into 2 and stuffed with chopped tomatoes, onions, sprinkle of salt and ketchup, while they wait for the main meal.

When healthier alternatives at same price range and are also instant, floods the market, indomie noodles will struggle.

many people think one will not survive until one eats all this junks all in the name of readily made available. in the 80s and 90s there was none of this stuff and even it were, very scarce. it is was you and use in building up your child that he or she will be used to. sincerely, since Last year I do eat once in a day, and am not malnourished. I will only make sure that once is a very nutritious meal, I can eat 3 cups or 4 cups of beans with Garri in the morning around 12 and next day will be another time to eat. If you teach your kids with cheese, yam, beans, potatoes, cocoyam, pap. None of them will like noodles. But our mentality is those that take the local food are poor while rich people takes manufactured foods.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by IamGreen1(f): 4:20pm On Mar 09
PointZerom:

What's good in giving kids excess sodium and many other unhealthy ingredients in noodles. Yes I've two kids under 5 years and I don't give them instant noodles.

5 Likes

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by papyjaypaul: 4:27pm On Mar 09
I saw this video and it captures Nigeria. Short term profit is always on their minds

some of the increases are artificial but Government has a hand in it and this is why i blame Tinubu for setting us up on his first day with subsidy is gone.

Nigerians like to take advantage of each other but if we consider economics, if the producer cannot keep up with the cost, they will increase the price, reduce the quantity or close down. Consumers will equally look for a close substitute that is affordable and remove noodles from their menu. It is a tricky situation. Until the early 90s, noodles and rice were not staples in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5A6Pq6T7Yc?si=h6rFtddYj5V8Q10K
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by papyjaypaul: 4:36pm On Mar 09
imam07:

Golden Penny Noodles -

INGREDIENTS

Wheat flour, Refined Palm olein, Iodised salt, Guargum, Sodium Polyphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Antioxidants(BHT, DTP), Riboflavin (E101).

SEASONING POWDER: Iodised Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Sugar Chicken flavour, Nucleotide Disodium Shallot leaf, Green Leeks Flake, Chilli powder.

Indomie noodles is made of wheat. Google the sentence below

Sharma said the company needs 500,000 tons of wheat annually, which is eight times more than the amount of wheat Nigeria produced between 2016 - 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxN1IRi-wQ
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by seanwilliam(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09
Nomerci:
I'm now left with just 5k in my bank account. I went to access bank to do my app,the olosho gal that sat next to me,had 780k as her acct balance when the staffs were trying to configure the access bank app,I peeped and saw the balance. Me that was well dressed,smelling with my 212 pef now has 5k as my balance.omo,I changed my mind and left the bank. I couldn't bear the shame of having just 5k as my balance,both home and away.na na na
so na cos of that u one give yourself depression ?
lol you realize her 780k is not up to 500$..
Bro think out of the box .., think crypto

2 Likes

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by Adewale1603(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09
Spaghetti is #800
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by etrange: 5:40pm On Mar 09
All of shouting 'I no dey eat it', 'nothing special', etc. No one said it was special. If you don't eat it, that's OK. Other people do. It doesn't have to be special. The ones you eat aren't special too. People have different tastes/preference.

1 Like

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by etrange: 5:43pm On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
If not for young ones and lazy adult who don't want to cook for long, who rushes noodles?
That thing is made from wheat o. Imagine 100kg of wheat flour is less than 100 thousand Naira but noodles of 40kg selling for more.

You just assumed that any adult that likes indomie is lazy? Lol.. why is it so difficult for people in this part of the world to appreciate individual differences/preferences? Nawa o

4 Likes

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by kalufelix(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09
Lazy parents and adults encouraging noodle price hike since 2000..let the prices go up wella
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by press9jatv: 7:01pm On Mar 09
Dem don dey record low sales

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by Mirasteel: 7:06pm On Mar 09
We4all:
The solution to exorbitant increase in price of items is simply boycott them. Nigerians are just too greedy and exploitative. They will always take advantage of unpalatable situations to exploit others.
💯
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by mytime24(f): 7:54pm On Mar 09
dsame can stil happen wit cement if naija but all their projects pending
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by imam07: 8:34pm On Mar 09
papyjaypaul:

Golden Penny Noodles -

INGREDIENTS

Wheat flour, Refined Palm olein, Iodised salt, Guargum, Sodium Polyphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Antioxidants(BHT, DTP), Riboflavin (E101).

SEASONING POWDER: Iodised Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Sugar Chicken flavour, Nucleotide Disodium Shallot leaf, Green Leeks Flake, Chilli powder.

Indomie noodles is made of wheat. Google the sentence below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxN1IRi-wQ
I am particular about indomi. This I know they buy trailer load of cassava into d factory
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by Ensa777(f): 9:01pm On Mar 09
PointZerom:

I have 3 under 8 and nothing special about it to them. I only make it once a week on sat afternoons for cooking sake. Other than that my kids does not give a hoot about it.This afternoon was one yet they suggested oats with akara inside bread. The pack I bought January is still remaining and I wont replace it until the price comes down .If it doesn't,bye bye.
train them with real food and your heart will be at rest.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09
I have cancelled eating of noodles 🍜 in my house. We eat spaghetti once in a while.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by shilz(f): 10:33pm On Mar 09
Ensa777:

I have 3 under 8 and nothing special about it to them. I only make it once a week on sat afternoons for cooking sake. Other than that my kids does not give a hoot about it.This afternoon was one yet they suggested oats with akara inside bread. The pack I bought January is still remaining and I wont replace it until the price comes down .If it doesn't,bye bye.
exactly!

1 Like

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by ruggedtimi(m): 7:38am On Mar 10
Beremx:
so roll-on is now more than 2k? God abeg o! shocked
I have stopped using roll-on since body spray is an alternative
a good bodyspray 2700 up
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by LadyRosa(f): 8:25am On Mar 10
Nomerci:
I'm now left with just 5k in my bank account. I went to access bank to do my app,the olosho gal that sat next to me,had 780k as her acct balance when the staffs were trying to configure the access bank app,I peeped and saw the balance. Me that was well dressed,smelling with my 212 pef now has 5k as my balance.omo,I changed my mind and left the bank. I couldn't bear the shame of having just 5k as my balance,both home and away.na na na

You called someone you don't know olosho just because she has more money than you?? Oga, e be like say you go die in poverty if you sabi hate people wey no no you like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by LadyRosa(f): 8:29am On Mar 10
Ensa777:

I thought you won't make it at all since there's nothing special about it
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by henrimoto(m): 11:10am On Mar 10
Nomerci:
I'm now left with just 5k in my bank account. I went to access bank to do my app,the olosho gal that sat next to me,had 780k as her acct balance when the staffs were trying to configure the access bank app,I peeped and saw the balance.
Me that was well dressed,smelling with my 212 pef now has 5k as my balance.omo,I changed my mind and left the bank. I couldn't bear the shame of having just 5k as my balance,both home and away.na na na
😆😆😆
Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by Chummynoni(m): 11:16am On Mar 10
aremubabs:

As simple as that.

If demand decreases, price decreases.

I told my wife last week not to worry. She came to me shouting that noodles price has increased and they are planning to increase a sachet of pure water to #100. I told her that it is the producers and sellers that will suffer it. Once value drops on these goods, the prices will come down automatically.

The people I pity the most are the pure water manufacturers thinking of increasing price. Water that can be got anyhow. People will drink any water to survive, and the demand for pure water will reduce drastically. By the time the consumers are done with them, a sachet of pure water will sell for as low as #5.
those ones never know anything. For my compound here, everyone don de boil water drink. Purewater 5bags wey be 700 last year don jump enter almost 2000, make dem de drink their water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by Ensa777(f): 11:28am On Mar 10
LadyRosa:

I thought you won't make it at all since there's nothing special about it

It's on our timetable for sat afternoon and I put it cos it's something my 8yr old son can 'easily and safely cook 'for his siblings cos I'm hardly around on Saturdays.On the saturday I'm around nobody remembers it.

Nothing special about it!

1 Like

Re: See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k by LadyRosa(f): 11:32am On Mar 10
Ensa777:

It's on our timetable for sat afternoon and I put it cos it's something my 8yr old son can 'easily and safely cook 'for his siblings cos I'm hardly around on Saturdays.On the saturday I'm around nobody remembers it.

Nothing special about it!

Remove it from the time table and put spaghetti.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How do I solve this problem? / 8–day-old Baby Drugged, Dumped In Uncompleted Building / Two Sets Of Black And White Twins Born In The Same Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.