Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) (29936 Views)

Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti / Healthy Diet Tips And Facts / High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by GanagiBitrus: 10:52am On Mar 09
So for a man with wife & 2kids:
One meal ~700+700+500+500=2400
So feeding alone for a month =₦216k.
So minimum wage should not be less than ₦300k

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by mmadu4: 10:53am On Mar 09
EnemyofGod2:
Nonsense.how did they alive at that statistics ?

how did they arrive. not alive
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by waice6571: 10:55am On Mar 09
politicoNG:

The Cable index

This cable index is a useless index...

#1k in 2024 worth less than #150 in 2014.

. I won't say more than that.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Abagworo(m): 10:57am On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
I don't believe this. SE is always very expensive and closely followed by SS, the SW and finally Urban MB.

None appears cheap to me. All Nigerians are suffering
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by HappyPagan: 10:57am On Mar 09
Psalmspsalms:
I agree with it. I'm from north central and as today, the prices of foodstuffs is still moderate. A rubber paint of fresh tomatoes goes for 1800, u get plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables at moderate prices...
Currently, I'm in bonny island, here in rivers state where a rubber paint of fresh tomatoes goes for #5000, a rubber of yam goes for 3k to 4500.
The prices for fruits and vegetables are just sky rocketing. Three fingers of bananas goes for 300.
In terms of feeding, the north are indeed trying.

Pls nobody should attack me oo... I just gave my opinion
Oh we know. I visited Kaduna a few years back and it changed my whole perspective of what the 'economy' means to the average Nigerian.

5k meal for una side fit reach 13k for here.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by excanny: 10:59am On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
I don't believe this. SE is always very expensive and closely followed by SS, the SW and finally Urban MB.

Haha Baba blue changed that.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Chasito(m): 10:59am On Mar 09
South south is the most expensive region to live in, most especially Rivers state and Akwa ibom state, then, followed closely by south East.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by WantsandMore: 10:59am On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

Only my break-fast is worth 5k daily not to talk of other healthy food I cook for lunch and dinner undecided
Are you sure it's not gluttony that has made your diets expensive?
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Bananapill: 11:00am On Mar 09
politicoNG:

The Cable index

Nonsense stat

Breakfast
Bread 800
Beans and ingredients 1350
Total 2,150
South-South.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Dennisochampa: 11:01am On Mar 09
Everyone have their own definition of healthy.
These combos may not be healthy for some while it is for others...
Let's get our facts straight
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by press9jatv: 11:01am On Mar 09
Nbs analysis here is very right. Too much inflation in the food commodities
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by blowjohn(m): 11:03am On Mar 09
Food is cheap in Ibadan o.

Expensive in South South.

By the way... Where them dey see food of less than 2,500 buy?

In fact correct diet these days, u need to hold like 5k per meal.

That takes it to 15k per day.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by DenreleDave(m): 11:05am On Mar 09
Nonsense list.

SE number 1

SS number 2

SW
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by blowjohn(m): 11:06am On Mar 09
Let's assume I want to eat at Kilimanjaro in abuja.

Turkey 4,700 or chicken @ 2,500
Rice 2k
Drink or water 400

Transport never dey o.
No veggies or salad o..... Just carbs and protein
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by mandax: 11:07am On Mar 09
This, despite the federal government's billions of Naira poured on irrigation of the soils of northern Nigeria since 1970, famine is all what Nigeria got from that. Because far north took to extreme Islam in adoption of Sharia criminal laws which brought in BokoH Haram and its offshoot, the Bandits.
No amount of political restructuring to regional govt system can stop these Jihadists.

Divide Nigeran into more manageable countries.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by PointZerom: 11:08am On Mar 09
Nazgul:
If you want to eat to your satisfaction in Nigeria today, just hold at least 2k. Anything less than that would just gauge your stomach for sometime after which the hunger would return.

Tinubu's Nigeria has become extremely unaffordable for the average Nigerian.

When you talk, Tinubu's paid supporters would say that we should be patience. My question to them is what is that one visible thing they feel Tinubu has done since he became the president that can make Nigerians to be patience with him? Aside propaganda and lies... nothing.

Sit tight folks, cos we're in for a long bumpy ride. 2027 is still very far.

That 2k is not even guaranteed.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Makunahatata: 11:09am On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
u even turn this to competition.. smh

Btw 1k can hardly buy correct meat on food , talkless of a whole meal.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Nyanabo(m): 11:09am On Mar 09
Domaining101:
The 8 main cardinal points we have on earth are North, North East, East , South East , South, South West, West , and North west..

But only in Nigeria they will be creating illogical cardinal points all because of politics, and some idiots will be using such terms as if it makes any sense. Wetin be "South South"? abi "North-Central"? grin Okay if you people wanted to have cemented your foolishness, where is "West West", "North North" or "West Central" ? grin Omo E no go better for that angel wey carry me come this useless country, me and you get better quarrel when i reach heaven grin

That's the least of our problems sef
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Kionrae: 11:10am On Mar 09
Two indomies and two egg -1200
Fruit salad - 600
Viju chocolate milk -750

This is my breakfast diet almost every day
Now do the calculations

I never add lunch or dinner angry
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Omoapena(m): 11:12am On Mar 09
1k wey no fit cook noodles cheesy
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Nyanabo(m): 11:13am On Mar 09
mmadu4:

how did they arrive. not alive

Forgive him, he is from anambra, he spelt it the way he pronounced it 😀
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Inyaky(f): 11:14am On Mar 09
Even if it's only cabbage and onions that they re eating the price is higher so what healthy food price is this
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Shikena(m): 11:14am On Mar 09
Very accurate. Here in Ebonyi, food is very cheap. Same with Bayelsa, Jigawa and Ekiti grin

Ask any well-traveled businessman, contractor, transporter, NYSC official, trade unionist etc.

All depends on where you eat. Restaurants are not charity organizations, they have to pay rent which varies by location, pay employees, etc. Each plate you buy contributes to the payments.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by JooEeL(m): 11:15am On Mar 09
UNA GO SUFFER KPAI. NO PITY
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Fuckyoumod: 11:24am On Mar 09
politicoNG:

The Cable index
where did you dig this nonsense from?
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by bitbillionaire: 11:28am On Mar 09
Oga what is your definition of 'healthy diet?' Let's start from there first.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by AntiChristian: 11:29am On Mar 09

Binary codes!
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Thryphosa(m): 11:30am On Mar 09
Not really correct, In South West, I eat good food with at least 2k naira. Where una wan see healthy diet for just 1k. Good and healthy food is life.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by bloggingjobs07(m): 11:31am On Mar 09
Blogging Jobs Find hand-picked paid content writing jobs to work from home, freelance, contract, part-time or full-time. Visit now https://bloggingjobs.com

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Thryphosa(m): 11:33am On Mar 09
Domaining101:
The 8 main cardinal points we have on earth are North, North East, East , South East , South, South West, West , and North west..

But only in Nigeria they will be creating illogical cardinal points all because of politics, and some idiots will be using such terms as if it makes any sense. Wetin be "South South"? abi "North-Central"? grin Okay if you people wanted to have cemented your foolishness, where is "West West", "North North" or "West Central" ? grin Omo E no go better for that angel wey carry me come this useless country, me and you get better quarrel when i reach heaven grin

Absolutely correct! Wetin be our problem for this country sef?
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Quebec91(m): 11:33am On Mar 09
cheesy
Domaining101:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DANMODI RICE Mill In Jigawa (Photos) / Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages / Ichapi Peter: Man Who Delivers Food To Workers With Okada In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.