Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) (29946 Views)

Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti / Healthy Diet Tips And Facts / High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by ElasmoBranchii(m): 11:36am On Mar 09
politicoNG:

The Cable index
Do you mean per meal or for the whole day? If it is per meal then I believe you.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Emeka71(m): 11:37am On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
I don't believe this. SE is always very expensive and closely followed by SS, the SW and finally Urban MB.
N7500 a plate of food.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by FinidiGeorge: 11:41am On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

Only my break-fast is worth 5k daily not to talk of other healthy food I cook for lunch and dinner undecided

No be you dey complain say 5k no fit cook one pot of soup again?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by RepoMan007: 11:42am On Mar 09
Emeka71:
N7500 a plate of food.
Garri N500
Peak milk N600
Sugar N100
Groundnut N200
Water N100.

Then I go and cook with N6000.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by thaoriginator: 11:43am On Mar 09
Thunder fire the cable

We go burn the cable!

You know how much I dey spend for better meal every time?
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by koms: 11:43am On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

Only my break-fast is worth 5k daily not to talk of other healthy food I cook for lunch and dinner undecided

Check it very well
Healthy diet not junks
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by cezarman(m): 11:45am On Mar 09
Mtcheeew!

Which healthy food I wan eat with 1k for this Lagos wey I dey so? angry angry
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Myer(m): 11:45am On Mar 09
Nazgul:
If you want to eat to your satisfaction in Nigeria today, just hold at least 2k. Anything less than that would just gauge your stomach for sometime after which the hunger would return.

Tinubu's Nigeria has become extremely unaffordable for the average Nigerian.

When you talk, Tinubu's paid supporters would say that we should be patience. My question to them is what is that one visible thing they feel Tinubu has done since he became the president that can make Nigerians to be patience with him? Aside propaganda and lies... nothing.

Sit tight folks, cos we're in for a long bumpy ride. 2027 is still very far.
My average daily meal budget

breakfast rice, beans, plantain and.meat 600
Brunch bread and tea 600
Lunch swallow 1000
Dinner: 500
Total: 2700

$one days are less, some days are more. Some (rarely) I make dinner.
This economy has a lesson or more for each and every one of us especially how to manage our resources wisely, either to;

1. Cut down.on some of our expenses.
2. Expand on our income (legitimately).
3. Be realistic about our economic level and humbly adjust appropriately.
4. Support one another.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Emeka71(m): 11:46am On Mar 09
RepoMan007:

Garri N500
Peak milk N600
Sugar N100
Groundnut N200
Water N100.

Then I go and cook with N6000.
You're right.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Angelfrost(m): 12:02pm On Mar 09
North will always be cheaper...!

That said, that amount is not honest or realistic.

A proper healthy meal for an adult will cost nothing less than 1500 right now.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by sylve11: 12:03pm On Mar 09
Domaining101:
The 8 main cardinal points we have on earth are North, North East, East , South East , South, South West, West , and North west..

But only in Nigeria they will be creating illogical cardinal points all because of politics, and some idiots will be using such terms as if it makes any sense. Wetin be "South South"? abi "North-Central"? grin Okay if you people wanted to have cemented your foolishness, where is "West West", "North North" or "West Central" ? grin Omo E no go better for that angel wey carry me come this useless country, me and you get better quarrel when i reach heaven grin

I tire my brother grin cool
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by SirLakes: 12:07pm On Mar 09
Healthy kwa grin
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Johnsown1(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09
The Index is based on per meal or per day and kind of meal
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Rejoice28(f): 12:07pm On Mar 09
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Angelfrost(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09
Domaining101:
The 8 main cardinal points we have on earth are North, North East, East , South East , South, South West, West , and North west..

But only in Nigeria they will be creating illogical cardinal points all because of politics, and some idiots will be using such terms as if it makes any sense. Wetin be "South South"? abi "North-Central"? grin Okay if you people wanted to have cemented your foolishness, where is "West West", "North North" or "West Central" ? grin Omo E no go better for that angel wey carry me come this useless country, me and you get better quarrel when i reach heaven grin

That's how dumb, bigoted and clannish the average Nigerian is...! undecided
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by theysg: 12:18pm On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

This is the average cost, not regular cost.
It means that with this amount, you can eat a meal and not be malnourished.

And i assume this is just fot a meal amd not 3 square meal... If you like eat 3 or 10 meal in a day, this is the average cost to keep a diet in those geo-political zones of Nigeria.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by YourGFsnatcher: 12:44pm On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

I don't know where someone will get 1k food
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by jimmyvic(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09
You sure say you go go heaven sef?
Domaining101:
Omo E no go better for that angel wey carry me come this useless country, me and you get better quarrel when i reach heaven grin
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Eniolohunda: 12:55pm On Mar 09
Where is healthy diet in Nigeria? Nigeria beans chemical, Nigeria plantain cambard, fruits cambard. Our sellers needs education.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by yommen: 1:09pm On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

How much do you make per night? Na every night you dey see job? Abeg!
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Badmashiii: 1:47pm On Mar 09
Domaining101:

Comrade the tin tire me aswear.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:48pm On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

I believe o since I can't spend that, I hardly eat twice a day smiley my stomach is under subjection
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by lhurd: 2:01pm On Mar 09
Domaining101:

But that's why they called them "GEO-POLITICAL ZONES". Or so I assumed

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Jeje247: 2:49pm On Mar 09
Domaining101:

🧢
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Mar 09
Omoapena:
1k wey no fit cook noodles cheesy

I don comot hand for noodles. cheesy

Even real food content creating don reduce.

Some food bloggers don begin transform orisirisi to food gan.
You go see plantain peel fufu, tigernut chaff fufu, etc. Wahala dey! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by 6ixVille: 3:06pm On Mar 09
Guys increase this to like 2000/2500...com see amala black wey iya komu for dugbe sell for me for 2h per scoop...I wan cry. Smaller than what I bought 2days ago.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by wolebest: 3:12pm On Mar 09
Domaining101:

Abeg no kill yourself for another person matter, the survey is based on the 6 (six) geo-politacal zones in Nigeria.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by wolebest: 3:16pm On Mar 09
Jennyclay:
Nonsense stat undecided

Keep it up.......!
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Houseontherock1: 3:24pm On Mar 09
Healthy diet or decent meal? BTW, you need an average of N2,000 for a decent meal
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by ProfKKK: 4:50pm On Mar 09
If only you know how dumb you sound in your quest to sound like a sensible or knowledgeable person. The 4 main cardinal points are North, South, East and West. Now I will advice you draw this into a quadrant so you have a clear picture of what i am saying. Now going forward, we also have 4 "Intercardinal" (or ordinal) directions which is formed by plotting each of the main 4 cardinal points against each other. If you know how to use a compass you will know this. But its obvious you lack knowledge in this regard. I believe you have plotted the 4 main cardinal points like i stated earlier? Now, take a step further by plotting the 4 intercardinal points on each of the quadrants. If you do this, you will get
1. North West
2. North East
3. South West
4. South East.

Now because of the uniqueness and the spread of the Nigeria map based on size, shape, geographics and ethnicity etc, we further have it divided into an additional North Central and South South (Niger Delta). Now, i believe you can see that there is nothing illogical here, and obviously you are the one sounding really foolish and ignorant. Get educated before you come to a public space like Nairaland to dance naked for the world to see. And just to clarify further, Nigeria is not useless (as you stated in your post), you are the one that is useless. Shalom

Modified: Seeing the number of people who liked and shared your post goes a long way to show the reasons why we have the chunk of leaders we have today in this country. Most people don`t even know their right from their left. na anywhere belle face them dey go. LOL

Domaining101:

Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by pacespot(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09
RepoMan007:
I don't believe this. SE is always very expensive and closely followed by SS, the SW and finally Urban MB.

South Easterners know what they are doing, they only sell their expensive stuffs in other parts of the country, but coming home, they beat the price down for their own people.
Re: Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) by Elidrisy20: 5:19pm On Mar 09
This statistics is useless, country wea hunger want finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DANMODI RICE Mill In Jigawa (Photos) / Nigerians To Pay More For Bread As Russia-Ukraine War Rages / Ichapi Peter: Man Who Delivers Food To Workers With Okada In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.