Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) (23712 Views)

Strange Bird Killed By Fulani / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by GodHimself: 6:26pm On Mar 10
Spread poison for cows on all farms.

DesChyko:
A Nigerian shared a video of his plantain farm in Ikare Ekiti, which was allegedly overrun by Fulani Herdsmen. In the video, all the plantain trees have been brought down, with no fruits in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_DDLijYiCk?si=TTxBR2B293V5ktlz

Food inflation remains a problem in Nigeria, with a current rate of 36% food inflation year-on-year. With farmers unable to engage in farming, or see the produce of their efforts in harvest season, the situation is unlikely to improve.

With the government unable/unwilling to effectively combat the menace, it remains a persistent problem threatening the Nation's 200 million population.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by 43Ronin: 6:27pm On Mar 10
Thr worse part is that if the good people of SW complain the fulani herdsmen will go and kill their Obas like dog-fowl
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by ElSudani: 6:27pm On Mar 10
Fujiyama:

^^^
No we are not saying the same thing.

If the executive wants this rogue herdsmen nonsense to stop this very minute - it surely will. I do not know how in your view this problem has suddenly migrated to become a legislative issue. As far as I am aware, it is against the law for me to carry a Kalashnikov in Nigeria. It is flat out illegal. I can still remember the confusion I felt as far back as 2017 when on a road trip, I saw herders dressed in military fatigues on the Kaduna - Abuja expressway, brandishing Kalashnikov
rifles - in broad daylight. undecided

The federal executive has the power to end this nonsense but it has refused to do so. Let us call a spade a spade. This is just one of several heart wrenching videos on this site of farmers who have lost eveything (and i mean everything) to this madness. You heard the man say he took a loan to set up his farm. what's he supposed to do now? undecided

And then when men commit suicide to end it all, people call them weak, without thinking of what drove them down that road in the first place. undecided

Goddamit, Nigeria is NOT a country!!!

I was only being sarcastic. Trying to blame everything on states!
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Fujiyama: 6:40pm On Mar 10
Image123:
i sympathise with the man but he should be more security conscious. He still went to this place all alone recording video. Na my land, na my village must also be with sense oh. What if the people who did this find him here and kill him over nothing? You know that herdmen always parade your area and you still go ahead to invest and plant there. Is that sense or guts or what?

^^^
You are a despicable person. undecided

What is he supposed to do? He relocated from Abuja (if I heard him correctly) with a loan to set up a farm to fund his children's schooling. He doesn't want to soil his fingers with 419 or yahoo or armed robbery. He just wants to earn legitimately and live right and this goddamn country just won't let him be. What do you want him to do?

And you have the nerve to blame him? undecided
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Maxtipulation(m): 6:41pm On Mar 10
Older sibling destroying younger sibling farm land Tinubu why?
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Fujiyama: 6:48pm On Mar 10
Image123:
Na my land, na my village must also be with sense oh. What if the people who did this find him here and kill him over nothing?

^^^
This is essentially what that evil gnome Femi Adesina (Buhari's press seretary) said about the people of North Central Nigeria who were (and still are) suffering the same thing this farmer is going through. undecided

Retribution cometh. It may tarry a while but it will surely come.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Ezmans: 6:50pm On Mar 10
santaclaws:
This is really sad... 2 acres of plantain farm was finished by Fulani cows in Ekiti, simply because they believe they can graze their cows anywhere they like. The suckers he paid for, land he worked hard on for a whole year, all the produce gone like that.

If you can't buy farm lands or hay for your cows, you have no business rearing cattle... Anyone going into farming in Nigeria must equip himself with enough security and cameras cos these people are really destroying lives.
in Baba voice where are there cows
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by YoshihideSuga: 6:51pm On Mar 10
Administration1:

Are you sick?

You should ask this question to Tinubu who made that declaration.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by favor914: 6:53pm On Mar 10
Scamburster:

Lol, you are wasting your time by identifying that dumb ass being. Sometimes I will read his/her post and start laughing. He/she must complete her/his paid per post to earn token.
Plantain bandit like yourself, nothing but pity for you & that elufefe ofunaofu.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by blackmantis: 6:54pm On Mar 10
Until politics and tribalism is set aside and the Fulani herdsmen menace is tackled heads on we won't make progress in fighting hunger and insecurity.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by santaclaws: 6:55pm On Mar 10
Ezmans:
in Baba voice where are there cows

I don't care about Tinubu or his APC gang, but he made that statement in response to people accusing Fulani of being behind kidnappings, which is something other tribes like Igbos and Niger Deltans do as well. Majority of one chance operators today are from those 2 tribes... It has no connection with farmers and herdsmen issues, let's not mix things up.

Now he is the president, so you can blame him for the insecurity, but let's not misquote people please.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by favor914: 6:56pm On Mar 10
Jokerman:
Wetin concern APC politicians and farmers, except it has to do with tribalism?
Go ask Umuahi & Orji Kalu.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by favor914: 6:57pm On Mar 10
blackmantis:
Until politics and tribalism is set aside and the Fulani herdsmen menace is tackled heads on we won't make progress in fighting hunger and insecurity.
Fulani herdsmen is the jurisdiction of the state government.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by YoshihideSuga: 6:57pm On Mar 10
MasterTeeUSA:
The Govt can clear lands, build fences and allocate...I think it's a big risk to do open farming...even if cows don't eat it up, people can steal your produce unless you are in the middle of no where...I want to dabble into agriculture but my first plan is to erect a fence and CCTV with security...it's the cost of doing business. One must think of all possibilities and not take these types of risks. It might be Yoruba cattle...we will never know cos our people raise cows and hire fulanis too

But how come one doesn't hear of Fulani herdsmen invasion in Benin Republic and Ivory Coast? How come Ghanaian authorities can chase out Fulani herdsmen, but Nigerian authorities cannot? How do we expect a subsistent farmer to provide fences and CCTV just to protect less than a hectare of land? Money he should have invested in cultivating more plantains is what you suggest he uses to build fence. Is he into fencing as an occupation?

Regarding government building fences for cattle rearers. When would the government do the same for pig farmers? Are cattle rearers more equal than pig or poultry farmers?

It's a pity many Nigerians are so dishonest when dealing with public issues even when these issues affect ordinary Nigerians.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by favor914: 6:59pm On Mar 10
YoshihideSuga:

But how come one doesn't hear of Fulani herdsmen invasion in Benin Republic and Ivory Coast? How come Ghanaian authorities can chase out Fulani herdsmen, but Nigerian authorities cannot? How do we expect a subsistent farmer to provide fences and CCTV just to protect less than a hectare of land? Money he should have invested in cultivating more plantains is what you suggest he uses to build fence. Is he into fencing as an occupation?

Regarding government building fences for cattle rearers. When would the government do the same for pig farmers? Are cattle rearers more equal than pig or poultry farmers?

It's a pity many Nigerians are so dishonest when dealing with public issues even when these issues affect ordinary Nigerians.
Herdsmen wahala, na state government you go blame.

For Eti-Osa me I never encounter any herdsman & Malu dey cross road, agbero go ask am for ticket.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Sunnyski: 6:59pm On Mar 10
"where are the cows"?😂

Said a Balablu
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by favor914: 7:03pm On Mar 10
Sunnyski:
"where are the cows"?😂

Said a Balablu

Yet na the things like yourself go still dey patronize Suya Aboki?
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Ofunaofu: 7:06pm On Mar 10
favor914:
Plantain bandit like yourself, nothing but pity for you & that elufefe ofunaofu.

I pity you
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by ChiefOkporghe: 7:08pm On Mar 10
santaclaws:
This is really sad... 2 acres of plantain farm was finished by Fulani cows in Ekiti, simply because they believe they can graze their cows anywhere they like. The suckers he paid for, land he worked hard on for a whole year, all the produce gone like that.

If you can't buy farm lands or hay for your cows, you have no business rearing cattle... Anyone going into farming in Nigeria must equip himself with enough security and cameras cos these people are really destroying lives.

Most importantly, state governments should set up forest guards and comb the forests from time to time. Governors should stop acting useless and help their people, at least Buhari is no longer president. Enact laws to protect farmers and any herder who damages people's farms should be made to pay for it with their cows! Where do you want Nigerians to turn to if they can't even farm? Maybe everyone should go into crime so we can know what's up!
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Abufo: 7:09pm On Mar 10
esnbrutality:
Where are they?
Their masters have destroyed the farm of the slave. While their benefactor is President.

God Bless ESN
God bless IPOB
God Bless Nnamdi Kanu.

What a disgraceful setting. All the internet rodents have abandoned this thread and they are looking for Peter Obi news.

So much for Sophisticated reasoning .. grin

ESN is dead and buried bros! Nigeria has used bribes and sabotage to decimate those ones.........instead God Bless BLA ( biafra liberation Army)
That war fulani wants will happen sooner than later..............with the trajectory the nigeria is going...civil crisis is inevitable, people had better zero their minds to that reality!!
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by esnbrutality: 7:12pm On Mar 10
ESN Dead?

Sure? grin

Abufo:

ESN is dead and buried bros! Nigeria has used bribes and sabotage to decimate those ones.........instead God Bless BLA ( biafra liberation Army)
That war fulani wants will happen sooner than later..............with the trajectory the nigeria is going...civil crisis is inevitable, people had better zero their minds to that reality!!
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by coneh3ad: 7:13pm On Mar 10
Very respectful to their hosts 🤭
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by jaxxy(m): 7:15pm On Mar 10
Is this not a crime? entering someone's farmland and eating their crops

These criminals should be arrested
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10
sylve11:

It's difficult to implement because the governors take orders from the head. cool

Which head again? When Buhari was the president we understood he is a fulani and that's why they were having a field day but Tinubu is from South West, why is Ekiti still experiencing such?
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by DesChyko: 7:20pm On Mar 10
Jadeng:

Funny enough this has been THE SAME ISSUE/SITUATION across all farming communities in most parts of Nigeria for some years now ! !

You get?? This is the worrying part. It's not anything strange or peculiar. Farming in one's backyard is almost as dangerous as travelling by road from one end of Nigeria to the other.

1 Like

Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Umuinyioku: 7:23pm On Mar 10
DesChyko:
"The first thing to tackle is food inflation. Once we tackle insecurity and farmers return to farms, our food production will go up and inflation will go down through reduced food prices." - Peter Obi
Peter Obi has said it all. Nothing to add.

It's panacea to the food crisis.

By the way, why the Fulani rampage now. When Fayoshe was the Executive Governor, this menace was put in check. Maybe, the Governor is a weakling.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by yemclef(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10
It is pathetic to hear the man lamenting in the same country where he has a civic right to work and become a better person in society. Unfortunately, the so-called evil government has failed him. He musters up the courage to venture into farming to feed himself and his family yet marauder Fulani herdsmen have the audacity to ravage his plantain plantain. Where is the government both state and federal? I have lost hope in Nigeria. Whoever has financial muscle should leave this country. Nigeria has been like this for more than 200 years without hope in sight but getting worse. He purposely ventures to farming because he does not want to involve himself in crime but his only legal means of survival is gone. It is time to revolutionize this deadly country called Nigeria.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by beyondPen(m): 7:25pm On Mar 10
DesChyko:
"The first thing to tackle is food inflation. Once we tackle insecurity and farmers return to farms, our food production will go up and inflation will go down through reduced food prices." - Peter Obi

You and Peter talk vaguely.

It's easy to take the military to the North to fight herdsmen you think?
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by Umuinyioku: 7:27pm On Mar 10
press9jatv:
How will Nigeria people invest in Agriculture when Fulani Herdsmen bandits are all ravaging farmlands. This is unacceptable
You are right.
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by orazx: 7:32pm On Mar 10
DesChyko:
A Nigerian shared a video of his plantain farm in Ikare Ekiti, which was allegedly overrun by Fulani Herdsmen. In the video, all the plantain trees have been brought down, with no fruits in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_DDLijYiCk?si=TTxBR2B293V5ktlz

Food inflation remains a problem in Nigeria, with a current rate of 36% food inflation year-on-year. With farmers unable to engage in farming, or see the produce of their efforts in harvest season, the situation is unlikely to improve.

With the government unable/unwilling to effectively combat the menace, it remains a persistent problem threatening the Nation's 200 million population.

Na the Igbos be their Enemies
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10
nedekid:
Until we legalize arms, this will not stop.
Until 4 years ago, one could legally buy shotguns with license, not until one IG under buhari placed a blanket ban.
One or 2 warning shots and those fulanis would have left. Afterall, they did it to my paddies farm at Osun state. Bros held them at gun point. Called the authorities, last last they sold some cattle to settle him.

We cannot legalize arm in Nigeria but i will advise farmers to illegally get a gun and defend themselves...

Since fulani can carry arms, the farmers shud carry arms too
Re: Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) by press9jatv: 7:35pm On Mar 10
Umuinyioku:
You are right.
yes soo. Our governor’s aren’t doing anything tangible to tamed this Fulani herdsmen bandits destroying the people’s farmland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Noilers / Is Snake Farming A Profitable Business? / 5 Agribusiness You Can Start In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.