Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage (91149 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Karlifate: 6:34pm On Mar 10
yewit37486:
Quite sad.
I remember he was banned from Ikoyi club for some time because he assaulted someone, so possibly has anger issues. No one knows what goes behind closed doors. I wish them well.

The dude filmed Mr Modupe for not using face mask, intending to report him with evidence.

He was about going when Mr Modupe asked him to delete the video, and that was how it escalated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Elxandre(m): 6:35pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad
You need help.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by simplepee(f): 6:35pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad
So much vile! The poor always hating on the rich. You will die poor if you don’t change your ways.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by DrAda(f): 6:36pm On Mar 10
HayTerran:
Well, with time, humans may lose out on marriage. It's gaining some momentum globally already. As people become more successful and have options and have more conscious if themselves.
All of the freedom it steals. Most of its fruits appear temporary and not for oneself.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by LOVEGINO(m): 6:38pm On Mar 10
Acidosis:
Ahh cry

After 30 years? I believe they'll fix this.
fix fire. She don test fresh priqk
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by yewit37486: 6:38pm On Mar 10
Karlifate:

The dude filmed Mr Modupe for not using face mask, intending to report him with evidence.

He was about going when Mr Modupe asked him to delete the video, and that was how it escalated.

Hmm, it shows that he is not able to control himself and that says a lot. Secondly, why was he breaking the rules re: face mask, maybe he felt he was above the law. Either way, both actions say a lot about him.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by NaBanga: 6:39pm On Mar 10
It also sounds like he left her in her time of need. According to the article, Folorunsho is unwell and her husband has abandoned her. This is very sad.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by okerekingsley90: 6:39pm On Mar 10
Solofresh2:
You are pained over a dead man's money and sweat

I wanted to utter ill words to that individual but I had to just take a chill pill
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by delishpot: 6:41pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

Don't be ignorant. Corpses are placed in biohazard boxes and placed in cardboard boxes to make it less obvious to people around. Imagine if you are sitting in a plane and you see 3 coffins with bodies being loaded? Yup. That's why the caskets are placed in those boxes and labelled appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by femi4: 6:42pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:
Heard baba was busy spending madam's money on younglings with fresh 😺😺😺
Baba thing still dey rise
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Real2088: 6:42pm On Mar 10
[quote author=jeromestarks post=128871688]I can NEVER marry a woman who is wealthier than me.
And I will never allow my wife to be richer than me. Never!

Women misuse power. They tend to insult men at the slightest opportunity they get.

Your marriage can not last if your wife has as much money as you.[/quote

Go on with that your evil mindset and you say you no be witch? That's wicked utterance always coming from men who feel insecure and are yet to make it in life,Even a woman as poor as a church rat can still make life miserable for you as a wife,Checkwell you might be the person holding your progress with this thinking and not village people

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Checkwell: 6:45pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

Ah, na wa o. This your talk no dey OK at all.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Eriokanmi: 6:46pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

You're not a good human. Mrs Alakija had donated billions to people and elevated many. May God forgive your ignorance
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by NoToPile: 6:49pm On Mar 10
How come all the boys wailing here didn't see the part where the woman has health issues, non of them even thought the health issues might be the cause.

Wailing 'rich woman this rich woman that' , 'I can never allow my wife to be richer'

When women are richer they tend to endure a lot of things from their husband so that ' they won't say it's because I am richer'.

I won't be surprised if this man was/ is a philaderer and her health matters only made things worse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by folake4u(f): 6:50pm On Mar 10
jeromestarks:
I can NEVER marry a woman who is wealthier than me.
And I will never allow my wife to be richer than me. Never!

Women misuse power. They tend to insult men at the slightest opportunity they get.

Your marriage can not last if your wife has as much money as you.

Please shut up.

Save yourself out of poverty first.

9 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Ejiakusmith(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10
This commenter ..... You already have your seat πŸͺ‘πŸͺ‘ in hell we all in nairaland knew that even the Devil 😈😈 knows it ..... Except you made a restitution on this comment if not 🚫

Domaining101:

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by folake4u(f): 6:52pm On Mar 10
NoToPile:
How come all the boys wailing here didn't see the part where the woman has health issues, non of them even thought the health issues might be the cause.

Wailing 'rich woman this rich woman that' , 'I can never allow my wife to be richer'

When women are richer they tend to endure a lot of things from their husband so that ' they won't say it's because I am richer'.

I won't be surprised if this man was/ is a philaderer and her health matters only made things worse.

There have been reports that the man's been a philanderer in the past.

But suddenly, stupìd NL boys closed their eyes to that fact and saying trash about the woman.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by tonyashburton: 6:54pm On Mar 10
Your stupidity na follow come and poverty has clearly addled your infantile brain.
Well as the proverb says "Everyone is entertained by the antics of a lunatic,but no one wants to have him dine in their home".

Domaining101:

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by aimmoney9: 6:55pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

Let the poor do something for themselves........ grin grin grin grin

Let the poor help themselves...... grin grin grin grin

This is now the trend, poor people wishing rich people dead....... grin grin grin grin grin

How many poor people did he employ in his bank ??.........so you think UBA bank don't have people that were poor that are better off now....... grin grin grin grin

The poor don't deserve to be helped again, just imagine happie boys........and many others.....ingrates............ grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by folake4u(f): 6:56pm On Mar 10
yewit37486:
Quite sad.
I remember he was banned from Ikoyi club for some time because he assaulted someone, so possibly has anger issues. No one knows what goes behind closed doors. I wish them well.

Yes. I remember this story quite well.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Obarofrederick(m): 6:58pm On Mar 10
Oizee:
hmmm! Quite deep
Very deep I swear. One has to play the role of a fool, peace would be scarce if both are claiming wise
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by UHLmoving: 7:00pm On Mar 10
The man tried
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Spainze007(m): 7:05pm On Mar 10
Omo, u're a mean fellow oooo aswear, you open ur mouth say all this. Wow

Domaining101:

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by okito: 7:05pm On Mar 10
malcom1X:

Show me where I did not express myself politely in my message
Emphatically telling me I don't know what am talking about is not only impolite, it is inaccurate.
I know the Alakijas cos one of my cousins is married to them. Infact my maternal family has been friends with the Ogbaras (Folorunso's birth family) since the 60s, so I know them to an extent and I have insider information of what has been happening at least in the last 15 years!
In addition, as an oil and gas professional myself, I do know the intricacies of getting an oil block whether as sole risk, JV or PSC, even the adventure called the SPV. I understand the obligations of converting an OPL to OML, I know a lot, let's just leave it there. So, when IBB started the indigenization policy in O&G industry circa 1990 to empower Nigerians to own oil blocks, it was a laudable idea but I can't confirm that it was fairly executed considering Nigeria is a country of nepotism and corruption. So, no one can say for sure as you alluded to that she got the block by sleeping around. I know as the owner of Supreme Stitches, she was close to Maryam Babangida and the likes so that definitely paved the way for her. But when an indigenous company was given 6,000 ft of water to explore with very old and uncertain geological data, probably 1D, and she refused to sell like many did, instead partnered with Chevron and even went through years of litigation with Federal Government, you should give her some credit. I am not holding brief for her cos I can't hold brief for any top Nigerian - I do not trust them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Umuinyioku: 7:07pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

You're evil. Not a human being!

What you wish others will befall you. Very soon.

Mark my words.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by PissInside: 7:09pm On Mar 10
According to reports,she sent him outta the house they both shared πŸ˜‚

Man was definitely spending the mulla on some fresh smelling coochie 😍
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Bimpe29: 7:10pm On Mar 10
Such is life of marital life. When it becomes toxic, harmful and irreconcilable, then it is time to end it all.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by yewit37486: 7:11pm On Mar 10
folake4u:

Yes. I remember this story quite well.

Yep. Meanwhile most comments are blaming the woman, writing epistles about not marrying rich women, without any consideration for how the husband might have played a role. I am sure she would have preferred to "stay married" if for nothing else but for appearances. To have reached this point of separation meant she likely had had it up to here.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Umuinyioku: 7:12pm On Mar 10
OgaSeun:
I dedicate this front page post to all Tinubu supporters..
God will bless us all and all our haters will perish.
Abeggi, God is a merciful God. Doesn't discriminate. Many of you who supported this calamity called Tinubu will not know peace.

You are all suffering your misjudgment. Voting and snatching ballot boxes.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

@bold:

Because they made your generation poor or stole your pot of wealth from heaven?

Well, poverty doesn't exempt someone from death either.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:
Heard baba was busy spending madam's money on younglings with fresh 😺😺😺

I won't be surprised.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc / Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.