Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes (18848 Views)

Video Of Peter Obi’s Son, Gregory Oseloka As An Actor In US Sparks Reactions / "We Are All Nigerians For Peter Obi" Oseloka Obaze Replies Tonye Barcanista. / Senator Princess Stella Oduah Spotted With Peter Obi And Oseloka Obaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by drlateef: 8:11am On Mar 12
SeeWahala:
Yes and so what? What if Peter Obi bought the suv's? undecided

All we know is that Peter obi never sourced any of the vehicles he shared during his regime from outside the country. He was the first person to patronise innoson on a large scale. He bought nigeria ro grow the Nigerian economy (unlike those both before and after him)

He is a good man and an enviable force to reckon with. Agbad0rians should quit dragging him for frivolous reasons and showcase the wonderful doings of their mandate thief instead tongue

Buying 400 SUV when doctors and civil servants were on strike, and sponsoring largest number on jamboree pilgrimage. Yet he was condemning Tinubu for all the same. You better check your head.

1 Like

Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by drlateef: 8:15am On Mar 12
Smithkafors:
Lol, is Peter Obi the president?.

No.

BAT should keep generating false news to keep his audience busy.
You are Making Peter Obi more popular.

Yes, we are making him more popular as a confirmed hypocritical liar of the century.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by Leo588(m): 9:24am On Mar 12
Yes he bought SUVs but for how much and what product? Can your drug dealer use that economic brain to do same?
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:54am On Mar 12
Vinnie2000:

Seeing that Ebola tinubu has FAILED WOEFULLY,
His frustrated online goons are now trying to smear the reputation of others. sad smiley

How please?
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by IfnobeGod20: 11:55am On Mar 12
Pristine664:

Trash Trash Trash as usual

Saying so much nonsense just to defend a chronic thief because of tribalism.

Would you have written all these rubbish if this was about Tinubu or El-rufai??
Let me first address the issue of tribalism you mentioned. Mr. Man, I am not an Igbo person, I am a Yoruba and an Omoluabi to the core. You guys need to stop this defeated mindset of tagging anyone that talk against maladministration of the APC as Igbo or enemy of the government. We cannot all sleep and face same direction says Yoruba adage.
It could be trash to you because truth is always alien to low minds. I challenge you to prove to the world any state created the same time with Anambra that can measure to it in terms of development. I stand to say this without mincing words, no state can stand the education, health and environment standard of Anambra state since 2014,not because it fell on them but because someone was pragmatic enough to invest heavily in those sectors and still paying off till date.
The reasons they went on strike wasn't because he didn't pay their salaries as at when due or they asked for facelift of the facilities but they were requesting for their personal gains. It was after they went on strike that their salary suspended and it was on record that he paid all of them, including pensioners before the expiration of his tenure. Google is your friend. Even the poster posted never claimed it was owed and never paid but hanged at first bank, because the bank refused to disbursed to the beneficiaries. Till date such is still happening that some workers will receive their salaries in some banks and some won't get in another banks. It's never a new thing.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by IfnobeGod20: 4:19pm On Mar 12
naptu2:
Just his first sentence alone tells you that IfnobeGod20 did not read what I wrote, so why should I read what he wrote? How can he be asking me a question that I have already addressed?
I read what you wrote which was maliciously written to attack Peter Obi and those on his defence. Trying to compare what was done when the economy was still average and people can safely feed on three square meals per day, as the prices of goods and services are still within the reach of the average Nigerians. It makes no sense for you to condensed to that low level of not thinking beyond politics and not the intent. Forgetting that it was a common trend during those periods by all governors and even philanthropists to reach out to traditional rulers.
Very importantly, you try to compare his spending with those ojelus we called politicians is an act of untruthfulness on your part. Please how many of his contemporaries made a local purchase of that magnitude till date? They prefer to procure such items from foreign companies. It was on record that all the vehicles Peter Obi bought were from the same Innoson. The owner of the company had to come out one day to say, it was only Peter Obi that helped to grow his company.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://tribuneonlineng.com/peter-obi-inspired-me-to-manufacture-suvs-pick-up-vans-%25E2%2580%2595-chairman-innoson-group/&ved=2ahUKEwii3dfJgO-EAxUtV0EAHUC8CP4QFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ZkQiGejbNwGwsmiJ8n9If
While the rest governors, presidents and senators are helping to grow foreign companies, just as your national assembly does.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by Allisgud: 8:30pm On Mar 12
So traditional rulers reach 400 for anambra
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by Fahd11: 9:18am On Mar 13
Still his followers will defend him. I see some saying at least he purchased Innoson motors. Are you saying if this government had gotten theirs from Innoson too, their actions would have been justified? It's a shame..... Well, he came 3rd after all and it was divine.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by IfnobeGod20: 12:11pm On Mar 13
Fahd11:
Still his followers will defend him. I see some saying at least he purchased Innoson motors. Are you saying if this government had gotten theirs from Innoson too, their actions would have been justified? It's a shame..... Well, he came 3rd after all and it was divine.
The problem of some of you is that you lacked common sense and not only that many of you are babies of yesterday. If the national assembly had gotten the SUV from Innoson it wouldn't have been justified because as at 2012, the economy of Nigeria wasn't as battered as it is today. At least Nigerians can comfortably eat 3 square meals without blinking and Nigeria wasn't poverty capital in 2012. The economy reality makes people to talk now, it wasn't giving SUV to traditionally rulers or legislators too bad but because of the economy reality and the excruciating economy that Nigerians are facing. You guys need to put on your thinking cap before commenting.
Also, it was a common trend as at that time that governors and leaders in the country buy mobility to traditionally rulers and the likes. And you know what, out of all these people doing that, he was the only governor that patronized local car fabricator, the rest bought from foreign dealers. Please are you aware that Innoson had to commend Peter Obi for helping him to grow his business
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://tribuneonlineng.com/peter-obi-inspired-me-to-manufacture-suvs-pick-up-vans-
While the rest are growing outside business, the man Peter Obi was growing local business.
The question you should have asked yourself now is, is Innoson no more in business in Nigeria, why should National Assembly go to procure their cars outside? The same people are the one shouting grow local business, eat Nigeria and so on. And I know you're part of them propagating same message but your words doesn't align with your action.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by Fahd11: 1:53pm On Mar 14
Irrespective of how you paint the story and even the economic state of the nation then and now, I still insist that buying 400 SUVs for traditional rulers is an abuse of public funds and as well fraudulent. You saying the economy then was better than now doesn't justify his actions as not all Nigerians were living comfortably well then and there were indigenes of Anambra then who barely had enough to live on. Are you saying Abacha's "loots" was justified because the economy wasn't as bad then as it is now? Or Babangida's own was fair because we were not the poverty capital then? So, once the economy is booming, then public office holders can "codedly" and justifiably steal because the citizens can afford three square meals. It was common trend then for governors and others to buy vehicles for traditional rulers, right? But you think Obi would have been different as president ? Make it make sense when as governor he did what others did for political gains. I can understand if you say he was looting but promoting local businesses with his own tactics and style. Mr. Major Importer.
Did you say I should have asked myself if Innoson motors isn't in operations again? I guess you didn't read clearly what I wrote and where I asked, " Are you saying if this government had gotten theirs from Innoson too, their actions would have been justified?" I guess the only thing you are particular about is my criticism of Obi because he is never wrong in your eyes as your Lord and personal saviour. While I condemn the National Assembly for spending such huge amount recklessly, I would still have aired my displeasure even if they got it from Innoson just as Peter Obi did. They are all fraudsters.
The truth is that Peter Obi was not the best of all the candidates that contested the 2023 elections and there were other candidates better than him. Attacking people that did not support him or do not buy his propaganda is stupid. There is the freedom of choice, and everyone has the right to that. Peter Obi is a fraud and not the saint that some of you paint him to be. He was a disaster Nigeria dodged and glory to God for that. I did not vote Tinubu, neither did I vote Atiku, Obi or Kwakwanso. I listened to most of the aspirants and used my own yardstick to judge and make my choice. I am particular about Nigeria moving forward, f Tinubu takes a good decision, I hail him and when he goes wrong, I criticise as well.
As well, can't you put your opinion out without insults? Truly, you lack common sense as well and it was so stupid and foolish of you to have started your quote in that manner.
Oh, you aren't a baby of yesterday, right? Welcome Methusaleh. You and Obi lack common sense. E gbadun.
IfnobeGod20:

The problem of some of you is that you lacked common sense and not only that many of you are babies of yesterday. If the national assembly had gotten the SUV from Innoson it wouldn't have been justified because as at 2012, the economy of Nigeria wasn't as battered as it is today. At least Nigerians can comfortably eat 3 square meals without blinking and Nigeria wasn't poverty capital in 2012. The economy reality makes people to talk now, it wasn't giving SUV to traditionally rulers or legislators too bad but because of the economy reality and the excruciating economy that Nigerians are facing. You guys need to put on your thinking cap before commenting.
Also, it was a common trend as at that time that governors and leaders in the country buy mobility to traditionally rulers and the likes. And you know what, out of all these people doing that, he was the only governor that patronized local car fabricator, the rest bought from foreign dealers. Please are you aware that Innoson had to commend Peter Obi for helping him to grow his business
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://tribuneonlineng.com/peter-obi-inspired-me-to-manufacture-suvs-pick-up-vans-
While the rest are growing outside business, the man Peter Obi was growing local business.
The question you should have asked yourself now is, is Innoson no more in business in Nigeria, why should National Assembly go to procure their cars outside? The same people are the one shouting grow local business, eat Nigeria and so on. And I know you're part of them propagating same message but your words doesn't align with your action.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by IfnobeGod20: 4:19pm On Mar 14
Fahd11:
Irrespective of how you paint the story and even the economic state of the nation then and now, I still insist that buying 400 SUVs for traditional rulers is an abuse of public funds and as well fraudulent. You saying the economy then was better than now doesn't justify his actions as not all Nigerians were living comfortably well then and there were indigenes of Anambra then who barely had enough to live on. Are you saying Abacha's "loots" was justified because the economy wasn't as bad then as it is now? Or Babangida's own was fair because we were not the poverty capital then? So, once the economy is booming, then public office holders can "codedly" and justifiably steal because the citizens can afford three square meals. It was common trend then for governors and others to buy vehicles for traditional rulers, right? But you think Obi would have been different as president ? Make it make sense when as governor he did what others did for political gains. I can understand if you say he was looting but promoting local businesses with his own tactics and style. Mr. Major Importer.
Did you say I should have asked myself if Innoson motors isn't in operations again? I guess you didn't read clearly what I wrote and where I asked, " Are you saying if this government had gotten theirs from Innoson too, their actions would have been justified?" I guess the only thing you are particular about is my criticism of Obi because he is never wrong in your eyes as your Lord and personal saviour. While I condemn the National Assembly for spending such huge amount recklessly, I would still have aired my displeasure even if they got it from Innoson just as Peter Obi did. They are all fraudsters.
The truth is that Peter Obi was not the best of all the candidates that contested the 2023 elections and there were other candidates better than him. Attacking people that did not support him or do not buy his propaganda is stupid. There is the freedom of choice, and everyone has the right to that. Peter Obi is a fraud and not the saint that some of you paint him to be. He was a disaster Nigeria dodged and glory to God for that. I did not vote Tinubu, neither did I vote Atiku, Obi or Kwakwanso. I listened to most of the aspirants and used my own yardstick to judge and make my choice. I am particular about Nigeria moving forward, f Tinubu takes a good decision, I hail him and when he goes wrong, I criticise as well.
As well, can't you put your opinion out without insults? Truly, you lack common sense as well and it was so stupid and foolish of you to have started your quote in that manner.
Oh, you aren't a baby of yesterday, right? Welcome Methusaleh. You and Obi lack common sense. E gbadun.
I will continue to say this without mincing words, you guys have refused to apply common sense. In your assertion you even went overboard to say buying "400 SUVs for traditional rulers is an abuse of public funds and as well fraudulent". Please can you quote any investigation either by Anambra state government or EFCC that claimed Obi's government buying 400 SUVs was fraudulently and shoddily done. The question you should have asked is, was the SUVs approved and budgeted for in the appropriation or gotten the approval of the then Anambra state house assembly? Before going that route, you should have also had handy verifiable fact to have concluded it was fraudulent or shoddy. You and I know that if it was not done legally, his successor would have raised the issue during their political tussle.
Please why compare Abacha loot to procurement of SUVs? These are two different issues. Have you confirmed that he didn't buy the SUVs as published. Stop comparing orange and apple, they surely look alike but not the same. Loot and procurement, so different or you've confirmed it wasn't procured?
Well, I am not saying Peter Obi is a saint but trying to equate him to the political ojelus you guys called politicians is what I don't want to hear. At least he is still fairer amongst those we have as passed governors because records have it he lived and governed moderately. He's still one of the pass governors that had not had his day with either EFCC or ICPC for questioning or sue for graft, neither the state government after him tried him for misappropriation or misapplication of funds. Wanting to label him as part of the regular ojelu is what no record has shown, except this yours and kind incessant libel. If you like hit your head on stone from now till kingdom comes, it won't change who Obi is and the record of administrative prudence he has set.
On what I said about the economy of 2012 and 2024. Yes, I stand on that. It's only children of yesterday that would not know that the economy of 2012 was far better and encouraging than the depleted economy we have now. The car I bought just slightly over 1m in 2013, today it's over 4m and someone like you would want to tell me in the boom days people cannot do or give such largesse. A motorcycle of 150k as at 2012 is today over 1m. As at today, no single investigation that claimed he shoddily bought those SUVs and if there is one, please bring it out.
It is a common song these days because of economy crush to cut cost but that wasn't the case in 2012 because it was a boom era and at that Peter Obi never put all his fingers in his mouth, he still saved substantially for the state. Mr. Man, did other of his contemporaries do same? Yes, he can't be a saint and I never see him to be one because water and blood run through him but not like the ojelus you people hail from morning through night.
On whether it would be justified if the National Assembly had bought the SUVs from Innoson. I have said it, it wouldn't have been justified if National Assembly had bought it from Innoson in this era of economy reality. The economy is not friendly to the average man in Nigeria, buying SUVs by our leaders should not have been contemplated in the first place where leaders consider the impulse of the led.
Meanwhile, please what is my concern of whom you voted or not voted? This is more campaign after election. I have put behind me election issue, we are faced with how our country will move forward. You people should continue dwelling on election and not face governance and put those that won elections on their toes but continue trolling those not voted to manage and control economy. Ori yin ape lo Jo ola.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by Fahd11: 10:15pm On Mar 14
I won't dwell on this any longer. However, I as well insist that Obi is not different from any of them. As well, it would have been a big disaster if he had won the elections(though winning is IMPOSSIBLE even in the fairest elections). God still loves Nigeria. Ori gbogbo wa ma pe l'ojo ola.
IfnobeGod20:

I will continue to say this without mincing words, you guys have refused to apply common sense. In your assertion you even went overboard to say buying "400 SUVs for traditional rulers is an abuse of public funds and as well fraudulent". Please can you quote any investigation either by Anambra state government or EFCC that claimed Obi's government buying 400 SUVs was fraudulently and shoddily done. The question you should have asked is, was the SUVs approved and budgeted for in the appropriation or gotten the approval of the then Anambra state house assembly? Before going that route, you should have also had handy verifiable fact to have concluded it was fraudulent or shoddy. You and I know that if it was not done legally, his successor would have raised the issue during their political tussle.
Please why compare Abacha loot to procurement of SUVs? These are two different issues. Have you confirmed that he didn't buy the SUVs as published. Stop comparing orange and apple, they surely look alike but not the same. Loot and procurement, so different or you've confirmed it wasn't procured?
Well, I am not saying Peter Obi is a saint but trying to equate him to the political ojelus you guys called politicians is what I don't want to hear. At least he is still fairer amongst those we have as passed governors because records have it he lived and governed moderately. He's still one of the pass governors that had not had his day with either EFCC or ICPC for questioning or sue for graft, neither the state government after him tried him for misappropriation or misapplication of funds. Wanting to label him as part of the regular ojelu is what no record has shown, except this yours and kind incessant libel. If you like hit your head on stone from now till kingdom comes, it won't change who Obi is and the record of administrative prudence he has set.
On what I said about the economy of 2012 and 2024. Yes, I stand on that. It's only children of yesterday that would not know that the economy of 2012 was far better and encouraging than the depleted economy we have now. The car I bought just slightly over 1m in 2013, today it's over 4m and someone like you would want to tell me in the boom days people cannot do or give such largesse. A motorcycle of 150k as at 2012 is today over 1m. As at today, no single investigation that claimed he shoddily bought those SUVs and if there is one, please bring it out.
It is a common song these days because of economy crush to cut cost but that wasn't the case in 2012 because it was a boom era and at that Peter Obi never put all his fingers in his mouth, he still saved substantially for the state. Mr. Man, did other of his contemporaries do same? Yes, he can't be a saint and I never see him to be one because water and blood run through him but not like the ojelus you people hail from morning through night.
On whether it would be justified if the National Assembly had bought the SUVs from Innoson. I have said it, it wouldn't have been justified if National Assembly had bought it from Innoson in this era of economy reality. The economy is not friendly to the average man in Nigeria, buying SUVs by our leaders should not have been contemplated in the first place where leaders consider the impulse of the led.
Meanwhile, please what is my concern of whom you voted or not voted? This is more campaign after election. I have put behind me election issue, we are faced with how our country will move forward. You people should continue dwelling on election and not face governance and put those that won elections on their toes but continue trolling those not voted to manage and control economy. Ori yin ape lo Jo ola.
Re: Oseloka Obaze Gets Dragged For Saying That Obi Bought 400 SUVs For Igwes & Ezes by IfnobeGod20: 5:31am On Mar 15
Fahd11:
I won't dwell on this any longer. However, I as well insist that Obi is not different from any of them. As well, it would have been a big disaster if he had won the elections(though winning is IMPOSSIBLE even in the fairest elections). God still loves Nigeria. Ori gbogbo wa ma pe l'ojo ola.
And I put it to you that Obi is quite different from the regular ojelu politicians that you want to equate him with. Yes, he's never a saint but he is far ahead of them in prudence and fair for humanity. His past records clearly showed this and cannot be erased by anyone because it's etched with platinum and gold. You and your kind can continue libel his person but the goodnews is, there is no official record to buttress your libel. He has not been questioned or sued for misappropriation or misapplication of public funds in his service to humanity till date. That's an uncontestable record.
Yes, that is your opinion that it would have been a disaster if he had won the election and you have solid right to form your opinions but one thing is immutable, if he was the one that won the election, he would have cut this draining bureaucracy that had eaten fat and still eating on our common patrimony.
We will continue to be doing try and error until we get it right in leadership. Nigeria needs manager of resources because the nation is blessed with whatever to make her developed nation but we have been undoing ourselves by the array of leadership we churned out to lead us. We cannot be doing same thing and expect different results, not possible at all. We often want to learn in bitter ways and that has kept the nation and her economy in kneeling state till date. E gba fo'lorun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Evacuate Nationals If South Africa Attacks Worsen – Minister / Amnesty International Condemns Edo Govt For Executing 3 Death Row Prisoners / Insecurity: Legalize Guns To Enable Citizens Defend Themselves - Senator Marafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.