Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens (44846 Views)

Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control / Gabon Coup: Govt Says ‘Situation Under Control,’ Rebels Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by SoNature(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12
UK unemployment rises amid ban on foreign health workers from bringing dependants

Unemployment in recession-hit Britain has nudged higher as growth in wages falls further, according to official data Tuesday that supports analyst expectations of an upcoming cut to the United Kingdom (UK) interest rates.

The unemployment rate rose to 3.9 percent in the three months to the end of January, up from 3.8 percent in the final quarter of last year, the Office for National Statistics said in a statement.

According to AFP, average regular pay growth, excluding bonuses, fell to 6.1 percent from 6.2 percent, the ONS added.

Taking into account Britain’s annual inflation rate during the reporting period, real wages rose by only two percent.

Like the Federal Reserve and European Central Bank, the Bank of England is seen possibly cutting interest rates as soon as June as inflation cools and following multiple hikes to combat soaring prices.

“The easing in wage growth… is probably still a bit too slow for the Bank of England’s liking,” said Paul Dales, chief UK economist at Capital Economics research group.

“But there are encouraging signs that a more marked slowdown is just around the corner and that an interest rate cut in June is possible.”

Meanwhile, reactions have trailed the ban placed on foreign health workers and caregivers from bringing their families to the UK in 2024.

The Secretary of State for the Home Department, James Cleverly, said this in a statement on the Home Office X account on Monday

Cleverly said the UK imposed the ban as part of the plans to reduce migration.

“From today (Monday), care workers entering the UK on Health and Care Worker visas can no longer bring dependants,” Cleverly wrote.

“This is part of our plan to deliver the biggest ever cut in migration,” he added.

Majority of the Africans, Asians and Britons criticised UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak for implementing such a policy.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/uk-unemployment-rises-amid-ban-on-foreign-health-workers-from-bringing-dependants/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by SoNature(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12
Those considering moving to the UK should reconsider their decision. There are better Japa options. Nothing good comes out of that Kingdom right now.

173 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by JobZoneNews(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12
We now have japada. If you can't go forward you should go backwards

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by reiddecuti: 5:04pm On Mar 12
Nigeria government don see reason not to perform.

Them go begin to justify their failure by telling us UK unemployment is worsen.

235 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bennybuhari: 5:06pm On Mar 12
Still 2 million times better than Naija own

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by happney65: 5:08pm On Mar 12
reiddecuti:
Nigeria government don see reason not to perform.

Them go begin to justify their failure by telling us UK unemployment is worsen.

Don't mind them. Awon very ma.d.t people grin

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by StOla: 6:04pm On Mar 12
No surprises here.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by jeromestarks: 6:04pm On Mar 12
Expect your neighbours, cousins, friends and relatives who ran out of Nigeria to run back empty-handed in few months.

They spoke ill of Nigeria and Japa. Now they will japada.

Repeat after me. Say " No place like home"

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Passionate888: 6:04pm On Mar 12
cool
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by StOla: 6:05pm On Mar 12
SoNature:
Those considering moving to the UK should reconsider their decision. There are better Japa options. Nothing good comes out of that Kingdom right now.

Let us tell them before it is too late.

5 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bigdammyj: 6:06pm On Mar 12
Noted.

Last last, everybody will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by BAZ001: 6:06pm On Mar 12
As bad as this unemployment news sounds UK still better pass Nigerian unemployment.
Tinubu Nigeria never start, them just hit the ground and clueless by the time the begin run cluelessly upandan dollar go don hit 2000 per dollar grin
fuel go hit 1000 naira per litter then rice go don hit 100k and yet now jobs grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by wizelink(m): 6:06pm On Mar 12
Naija my country
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by STEWpid(f): 6:07pm On Mar 12
Bullshitticus!

What will now happen to those who have sold their heaven on earth just to move to the UK?

A lot of Nigerians have become destitutes over there!!

Japada (run back) syndrome loading...

Chai..

9 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by DeltaBachelor(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12
Since the U.K is becoming congested and difficult. I would advise my 9ja Japarians to try pitching thier Japa tent towards Canada , The US and Australia, particularly our Doctors and Nurses. For IELTS runs package, shoot us a mail at deltabachelor@gmail.com

NOT CHEAP O. SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE ONLY PLEASE. BAND 7+ Guaranteed for Academic and Band7.5 and above for General.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by aywagze(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12
this one thinks migration is responsible for their incessant recession ..maybe,maybe not ..🤔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by foleskay(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12
undecided
UK keeps getting into deep shit. Their ego pushed them into leaving EU. Even the mighty Germany doesn't for once have such thought.

They re now planning another EU referendum.
BTW,Indians and Asians including Nigeria keep trouping into the country without any restriction. I saw an Indian refereing crystal palace vs Luton match and I was like..Indians are taking over everywhere in d UK

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Chicagograduate(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12
Na Naija japa syndrome dey cause all these ban.Them give Una privileged to come work Una wan pack Una football team of families come UK.If Naija government dey employ foreigners here Una no go lament?
Even when multinationals dey invite foreign musicians come sing here Una dey lament.Now dem don stop.Na Una come dey run go there.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 12
If u can survive this country called Nigeria, tell me the country or economic situation of any country u can’t adapt to

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Dougad: 6:08pm On Mar 12
UK be like the poorest first world country to me. I dey hear things for there wey I go dey expect say I suppose heat from their world countries. Even their wages sef poor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Finesse247: 6:08pm On Mar 12
Tip 1:Dont sell your properties in Nigeria to japa.

Japa to japada

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Primusinterpares(m): 6:09pm On Mar 12
Apc don get point
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by wwwihy: 6:09pm On Mar 12
Abeg, what concern us with UK?

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Irupetepete: 6:10pm On Mar 12
UK was the first country I know about when I was 12...am in my 30's and have hated UK since I was 12,i don't just know why..
That country doesn't interest me a bit

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by beazie(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12
Critical times are here...

Nigerian government now have enough reasons to fail..

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Analyst7: 6:11pm On Mar 12
This Uk people are very funny and daft, Nigerians pay huge sum of money as tuition, then they expect you not to use their opportunity to the fullest….dem go learn

11 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by veekid(m): 6:11pm On Mar 12
UK has been aggressive in the news of recent

5 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by AllenSpencer: 6:11pm On Mar 12
Trust UK! They have ways of booting people out.

All they will do is pass laws!

It’s America that absorbs despite all odds.

Canada also started enacting laws. The housing, jobs and medical crisis hitting them bad. They have fed more than they can chew.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 6:11pm On Mar 12
Anybody who spends loads of money to come to UK right now, needs their head examined or better yet, serious prayers. The only people who should migrate to the UK, are skilled workers that have secured a JOB from Nigeria. Coming over here to 'hustle' will just leave u depressed, broke and angry. The economy is not in a good shape and will get worse this year. You have been warned O!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by fineboynl(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12
.put 100 planes flying to UK. It will still full to the brime. In all its still better than what we have here

4 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ttmacoy: 6:12pm On Mar 12
Many Nigerians have really abused the care worker scheme in the UK. Some are charging up to £10k to sponsor their fellow Nigerians and then they don’t have work for them or give them 10 hours a week, meanwhile the poor person is unable to legally work for another organization because they are tied by work permit.

And they have sold property, borrowed money etc. to fund this. By the time they pay £10k for certificate of sponsorship, pay for visa fees and NHS fees they are probably spending over £20k to end up with a shitty job with shitty wages or worse not even enough hours to pay basic bills.

On top of all that the pay for care workers is rubbish especially when you consider the work involved.

I know many Nigerians who went to UK on student visa for masters, MBA etc. who can only get care work after graduation because most companies are not willing to sponsor for work visa and there is a shortage of care workers.

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals / Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order / US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.