Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens (44950 Views)

Central Bank Survey Says Russia's Economic Outlook Worsens / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control (2) (3) (4)

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sirray001: 11:54pm On Mar 12
MT:

The world has reached a stage where the quality of your skillset will determine your quality of life.

So, the number you asked for is as good as many who are determined to upskill genuinely.

How many people in the UK are living beyond the poverty threshold. Just few in the corporate world.

Most Nigerians are living below the poverty threshold in the UK, hence the reason they cannot even afford to go on holiday, sigh seeing, eat out in a decent restaurant, shop in the high street etc. Their daily routine is home to work to church or mosque , then back home.

Most Nigerians living in the UK are poor by UK standard.

Yes no stable electricity in Nigeria which is bad but in the UK where electricity is stable, you guys end up complaining of higher bills. I have seen many houses in the UK that are off the national grid and fully dependent on solar. I have seen individuals who sleep in darkness in the UK because he could not pay for electricity bills.

As bad as Nigeria appears to be, there are some people abroad who will beg to trade places with some individuals in Nigeria.

Apple and Mango are fruits but starkly different.
whether you like it or not, Nigeria is hell on Earth

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MT: 12:04am On Mar 13
sirray001:
whether you like it or not, Nigeria is hell on Earth

Yes, for you and heaven for some.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sirray001: 12:17am On Mar 13
MT:

Yes, for you and heaven for some.
those people you feel it is heaven for them have better opportunities, Dem go japa. All these politicians and our leaders would have left their children in Nigeria
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Ilekokonit: 1:13am On Mar 13
SoNature:
Those considering moving to the UK should reconsider their decision. There are better Japa options. Nothing good comes out of that Kingdom right now.

The main thing in the UK right now is a desperate Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and his increasingly right wing (racist) conservative party trying to blame every problem in the UK on refugees and migrants just so they can tap into the inherently racist Oyinbo majority's sentiment and win this years election in which they are forecast to be wiped out.

The oyinbo politicians who will be called out as racist if they said the same thing Suella Braverman has said about foreigners and immigrants in the past 2 years are playing a dangerous game of outsourcing their racist ideas into the mouth of Suella Braverman a former Home Secretary and Attorney General of the UK in the hope that no one can call her out as racist because she is of indian heritage herself and Suella is basking in that opportunity and I can bet that she will win her seat in the elections and if Rishi loses the election for the conservatives, Suella will be made the Tory party leader because most white people like her racist rhetoric because she can say what they have always wanted to say about immigrants without her being called racist since she is brown skinned.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by jazzman7711: 3:59am On Mar 13
Borrow222:

The way you guys stay in Nigeria and analyse things is very funny.

Oga UK is 100m times better than Nigeria.

SHUT UP, YOU SLAVE.

UK IS HELL FOR MANY PEOPLE NOW.

BEGGARS EVERYWHERE ON THE STREET ASKING FOR ''SPARE CHANGE'.

JUST SHUT UP THERE. IDIOT!

IT'S BECAUSE OF THIS OVERHYPING THAT MANY NIGERIANS ARE THERE NOW STRANDED, WITH NO JOBS AFTER SELLING THEIR PROPERTIES IN NIGERIA.

ASSHOLE!!

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by jazzman7711: 4:07am On Mar 13
EdiskyHarry:
It's far better to be unemployed in UK than being employed in Nigeria

THAT'S YOUR LOW IQ TALKING.

YOU AND RATS NEVER SHARE SPACE AS HOMELESS UNEMPLOYED PERSON FOR UK, THAT IS WHY YOUR STINKING MOUTH IS TALKING RUBBISH.

IDIOT.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by azpekuliar: 4:12am On Mar 13
tyup:

These are words a Fool will likely say.

Those are the words of a fool.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Truflexunits(m): 4:49am On Mar 13
bennybuhari:
Still 2 million times better than Naija own
I swear, it’s just
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Odibembem: 5:09am On Mar 13
sukkot:
forget that thing, uk is the sweetest country on the planet, just hold 1 million pounds and don’t go there to work

It's people that don't have money that call big money pass. Do u know what is £1m? Tell me where u will see £1m to hold in d first place except u stole from state Treasury which is not easy at all. At least show some respect for money

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by BodyCount: 5:55am On Mar 13
reiddecuti:
Nigeria government don see reason not to perform.

Them go begin to justify their failure by telling us UK unemployment is worsen.
Their own is ordinarily 3.7% while useless Nigeria is about 40%
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 8:17am On Mar 13
Borrow222:

The way you guys stay in Nigeria and analyse things is very funny.

Oga UK is 100m times better than Nigeria.

You are the one who is very funny my guy

I am here in the UK and doing very fine, I know the system inside out. I can't count how many people me and my friends have recently had to help. Japa people who have found themselves broke, some not even able to eat. The other day we had to go and give one lady pots and plates as her house was totally empty and she could not afford anything.
Its people like you that sadly give many Nigerians a false picture of the UK. If you read my post again, I never said the UK is not better than Nigeria, or that some people can't make it here. What I said very clearly is that the UK is NOT FOR EVERYONE. If you do not have in-demand skills you will find it very very difficult to have a sataisfying life here. That is just a fact

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 8:21am On Mar 13
jazzman7711:

SHUT UP, YOU SLAVE.

UK IS HELL FOR MANY PEOPLE NOW.

BEGGARS EVERYWHERE ON THE STREET ASKING FOR ''SPARE CHANGE'.

JUST SHUT UP THERE. IDIOT!

IT'S BECAUSE OF THIS OVERHYPING THAT MANY NIGERIANS ARE THERE NOW STRANDED, WITH NO JOBS AFTER SELLING THEIR PROPERTIES IN NIGERIA.

ASSHOLE!!
My brother thanks for calling the poster out. We really need to spread the word about the REALITY of the UK, You could actually be saving a life The depression I've seen in many of the recent Japa people is not a joke at all. Especially the married ones. I know Nigeria is rough, I get it, but people need to understand the reality of the UK.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 8:38am On Mar 13
Love800:
Which business u wan do for naija?
Policies in naija cant help one to start a business here. Especially all those "SME business" they will not see the daylight of the business.

Abeg talk another thing.
So you would rather come and be unemployed in the UK? All I am saying is if you must leave Nigeria that's fine, but don't come to the UK unless you are a skilled worker. find another country like the US or Canada to Japa to

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 8:49am On Mar 13
tyup:

These are words a Fool will likely say. At least in Nigeria, no matter how unemployed you can be, you go fit get where to lay head, eat at least once or saka for one village mai u dey chop free food from Villagers.

Who wan dey show u that kin love for UK?? If you're homeless cuz you're outta cash can you enjoy sleeping on the street with blasting cold?? Do you even have the slightest idea what frostbite is?? how bout hypothermia or nosebleed??

Most of y'all ignorant folks like this are mostly those who don't know how an Airport looks like and have loosed touch with reality
Louder for those at the back of the class!!

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 8:54am On Mar 13
Postinor:
what about pharmacist are they needed
I know there was a large demand a few years back. Not sure how much the demand is now. You can email NHS Jobs to enquire. nhsbsa.nhsjobs@nhsbsa.nhs.uk

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Habayomie(m): 8:58am On Mar 13
Didi2d:
The same UK wey some few people I know already have jobs. Na this year dem enter o
They won't tell you exactly types of jobs they are doing.
Most are doing caregivers and cleaning jobs.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by delvzy(m): 9:36am On Mar 13
Una no go like japa to Japan? Chill for a few years or marry Japanese to get Japan Pali and enter anyway including the UK 🇬🇧 soft. 🤣🤣

Sha go learn sword fighting 🥷 before you go. No go turn to PIECES untop say you deh find PEACE ✌️
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by RodgersAkpafu: 9:52am On Mar 13
ttmacoy:
And by your logic we are smart for abandoning our education sector and paying huge sums of money as tuition in the UK?

While international students bring in money, as with all things there's an optimum amount before they start to experience negative returns. All those Nigerians going with children will all be eligible for free education etc., increasing cost of housing for their citizens etc. so there are also negative impacts, the decision cannot just be made on "get paid huge sum for tuition", there are lots of other factors and impacts.

Well said!

But still
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by RodgersAkpafu: 9:52am On Mar 13
Habayomie:

They won't tell you exactly types of jobs they are doing.
Most are doing caregivers and cleaning jobs.
Nothing wrong with these jobs though

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Exceed15: 9:55am On Mar 13
UK is overrated. I don't admire it a bit.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MT: 9:59am On Mar 13
bjdon:

You are the one who is very funny my guy

I am here in the UK and doing very fine, I know the system inside out. I can't count how many people me and my friends have recently had to help. Japa people who have found themselves broke, some not even able to eat. The other day we had to go and give one lady pots and plates as her house was totally empty and she could not afford anything.
Its people like you that sadly give many Nigerians a false picture of the UK. If you read my post again, I never said the UK is not better than Nigeria, or that some people can't make it here. What I said very clearly is that the UK is NOT FOR EVERYONE. If you do not have in-demand skills you will find it very very difficult to have a sataisfying life here. That is just a fact

My brother, they will never understand the bolded.

Same reason why some people sold all their properties, thinking being wealthy is automatic once you land in a white man's land

Today they are miserable and depressed.

Let them come over to experience it firsthand.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MT: 10:04am On Mar 13
sirray001:
those people you feel it is heaven for them have better opportunities, Dem go japa. All these politicians and our leaders would have left their children in Nigeria

Not everyone is desperate about travelling.

Not everyone will abandon, for instance, a software engineering job in banks in Nigeria, to be wiping wrinkled, old butt in the UK, all in the name of travelling abroad.

Most corporate guys on top of their game in Nigeria travel abroad on vacation while balling big in Nigeria.

I suppose your network in Nigeria does not include those individuals, so you are unaware of them.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by YoshihideSuga: 10:27am On Mar 13
bjdon:

My brother thanks for calling the poster out. We really need to spread the word about the REALITY of the UK, You could actually be saving a life The depression I've seen in many of the recent Japa people is not a joke at all. Especially the married ones. I know Nigeria is rough, I get it, but people need to understand the reality of the UK.

It must be really terrible in the UK presently. Are things really that bad? Including for old timers like you?

P.S. You registered in 2005. You na big man o cool
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ugotaya: 10:31am On Mar 13
JobZoneNews:
We now have japada. If you can't go forward you should go backwards

NICE ONE grin grin grin #JAPADA

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 10:53am On Mar 13
YoshihideSuga:

It must be really terrible in the UK presently. Are things really that bad? Including for old timers like you?

P.S. You registered in 2005. You na big man o cool
My brother we thank God!
When you've got experience in your field, you will be ok. I can't complain. Old timers with experience are getting by. It's really hard for the newcomers, especially those without good skills. That's why I am trying to advise people, to at the very least, be careful and get detailed information, before selling all they have to come and suffer in the UK. I understand Nigeria is very rough sha, it's not easy at all.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Love800(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13
Nice
bjdon:

So you would rather come and be unemployed in the UK? All I am saying is if you must leave Nigeria that's fine, but don't come to the UK unless you are a skilled worker. find another country like the US or Canada to Japa to
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by EdiskyHarry: 12:41pm On Mar 13
jazzman7711:

THAT'S YOUR LOW IQ TALKING.

YOU AND RATS NEVER SHARE SPACE AS HOMELESS UNEMPLOYED PERSON FOR UK, THAT IS WHY YOUR STINKING MOUTH IS TALKING RUBBISH.

IDIOT.
I don't have time for imbeciles like you, who feels that insulting people online will add anything to your miserable life.
I won't even mention you fool again.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Anonimoux: 3:29pm On Mar 13
I always knew that with the way UK was going, they would destroy their country by themselves. Their P.M seem not to know what he is doing. U.K over estimate themselves too much and they are not even anywhere close to Germany or France. If not for language barrier.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ttmacoy: 4:11pm On Mar 13
Expect more restrictions.

And I see where Cleverly is coming from, many UK universities are fast becoming money mills desperate to get money from international students at the expense of falling standards and this will impact the reputation of UK universities in the long term.

Many of these universities are unable to help students get good jobs after graduation and are only focused on money. Career outcomes, salaries etc plays a significant part in the ranking and reputation of universities and when you now have a significant amount of your students coming as a way to migrate not because they are true students and many ending up doing care work there will be consequences. They may make money short term but medium to long term there will be far reaching consequences.

When you go to a university in the UK and end up in a course that is 90% international students you should know there's trouble brewing.

When Nigerians find a loophole we tend to overdo it to the extent that it's so obvious it's a loophole that is being abused and guess what? The loophole will be closed.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2024/mar/12/overseas-students-undermining-uk-higher-education-warns-cleverly

RodgersAkpafu:

Well said!

But still

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sirray001: 5:15pm On Mar 13
MT:

Not everyone is desperate about travelling.

Not everyone will abandon, for instance, a software engineering job in banks in Nigeria, to be wiping wrinkled, old butt in the UK, all in the name of travelling abroad.

Most corporate guys on top of their game in Nigeria travel abroad on vacation while balling big in Nigeria.

I suppose your network in Nigeria does not include those individuals, so you are unaware of them.
what is the joy of a country who cannot provide her citizens with stable electricity, some areas don't even have light. Can't provide water except you dig your own borehole, dilapidated roads, security worst, no good health system and that is why Buhari half of his tenure running to London for medical care and now Tinubu has started, any small illness, he run to France. Nigeria system is not working whether you like it or not. By the time the reality is done on you, you will know how far
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MT: 5:22pm On Mar 13
sirray001:
what is the joy of a country who cannot provide her citizens with stable electricity, some areas don't even have light. Can't provide water except you dig your own borehole, dilapidated roads, security worst, no good health system and that is why Buhari half of his tenure running to London for medical care and now Tinubu has started, any small illness, he run to France. Nigeria system is not working whether you like it or not. By the time the reality is done on you, you will know how far

What is the joy of a country that provides all at cut-throat costs which eventually makes life of her citizen miserable?

Every country with its own challenge.

You are not talking to a JJC here - that passport you are running after, I have 2 of them in countries you will want to die for.

Nigerians can travel to anywhere for months without the fear of any mounting bills. Can you travel to any country for 2 months? The fear of mounting bills awaiting you at home can never allow you.

I have seen it all. I have seen the futility in what you consider as a big deal. Take a stock of your life in the next ten years, then you will know it is just a mirage.

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sirray001: 5:54pm On Mar 13
MT:

What is the joy of a country that provides all at cut-throat costs which eventually makes life of her citizen miserable?

Every country with its own challenge.

You are not talking to a JJC here - that passport you are running after, I have 2 of them in countries you will want to die for.

Nigerians can travel to anywhere for months without the fear of any mounting bills. Can you travel to any country for 2 months? The fear of mounting bills awaiting you at home can never allow you.

I have seen it all. I have seen the futility in what you consider as a big deal. Take a stock of your life in the next ten years, then you will know it is just a mirage.
what are you doing with the passport of countries I will like to die for, when your country is so fatastic. Whether you accept the reality or not Nigeria is a shame among the comity of nations. You are telling me you are carrying passports. Which countries have you visited and I will tell you the ones I have been to. ode

Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money / 'He's On His Own': King Charles Ousts Prince Andrew From Buckingham Palace / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73