Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens (44938 Views)

Central Bank Survey Says Russia's Economic Outlook Worsens / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by hemarnuael: 8:22pm On Mar 12
bjdon:
Anybody who spends loads of money to come to UK right now, needs their head examined or better yet, serious prayers. The only people who should migrate to the UK, are skilled workers that have secured a JOB from Nigeria. Coming over here to 'hustle' will just leave u depressed, broke and angry. The economy is not in a good shape and will get worse this year. You have been warned O!

Come back to Nigeria
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MrCover: 8:30pm On Mar 12
Hmmmmm
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by azpekuliar: 8:32pm On Mar 12
Irupetepete:
UK was the first country I know about when I was 12...am in my 30's and have hated UK since I was 12,i don't just know why..
That country doesn't interest me a bit

The UK has never interested me one bit. Whether from a japa perspective or from a vacation perspective. There are other countries I would consider first before I remember the UK.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by RodgersAkpafu: 8:36pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:
Expect your neighbours, cousins, friends and relatives who ran out of Nigeria to run back empty-handed in few months.

They spoke ill of Nigeria and Japa. Now they will japada.

Repeat after me. Say " No place like home"
You wish

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MT: 8:36pm On Mar 12
sirray001:
My brother, they can't japada. It is better you remain there and die than to japada. Nigeria is a hell fire on Earth

Some dudes are balling comfortably in Nigeria working in banks as Software Engineer, Oil and Gas Staffers, CBN staff etc.

Some will never live anywhere abroad because they are working remotely for companies from Nigeria - which i call the "perfect" world.

The power of Heaven and paradise is in every nation of the world.

it depends on the one you connect to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Johnthesuccess: 8:45pm On Mar 12
bennybuhari:
Still 2 million times better than Naija own

You really knows nothing. Many like you sleeps on the road here.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Benwallt(m): 8:46pm On Mar 12
MT:

That pounds sterling is mostly earned in sweat blood.

If you calculate the efforts it takes to earn one pound sterling, you will be shocked.

It's a serious something. No wonder, people over there stingy and restless like honeybarger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by millionboi2: 8:49pm On Mar 12
Kingmadiba2:
Good news for forex traders

Mumu
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Ashawoman82: 8:54pm On Mar 12
Lifeinlight:
LoL

You dey compare UK to naija wey your leaders don steal your future and that of your unborn kids?
the guy na mumu
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ozo13(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12
BAZ001:
As bad as this unemployment news sounds UK still better pass Nigerian unemployment.
Tinubu Nigeria never start, them just hit the ground and clueless by the time the begin run cluelessly upandan dollar go don hit 2000 per dollar grin
fuel go hit 1000 naira per litter then rice go don hit 100k and yet now jobs grin
lol it's relativity sha.same UK pattern the bureau of statistics is now using that crashed the figure of our unemployment from 35% to 5 abi na 6% current value
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Lexusgs430: 9:00pm On Mar 12
We are still very alright here .......... Don't panic for us .......πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Artscollection: 9:01pm On Mar 12
Irupetepete:
so for your mind, u think say na naija migrants plenty pass for UK?

Hmm never hear of bangaladash
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On Mar 12
Benwallt:

It's a serious something. No wonder, people over there stingy and restless like honeybarger

Why would you expect someone to work for their money, then just dash your lazy ass .........πŸ˜œπŸ˜€
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Benwallt(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12
Lexusgs430:

Why would you expect someone to work for their money, then just dash your lazy ass .........πŸ˜œπŸ˜€

Dash? You're an obedient, I can see. Enjoy yourself.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by CheedyJ(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12
ukaface:

Why not wish good for everyone in diaspora
Must you show your envious spirit upandanπŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™€οΈ
God forbid to your prayer
Some Nigerians are evil incarnate, simple. He doesn't deserve the attention you've accorded him by replying him.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ttmacoy: 9:17pm On Mar 12
And by your logic we are smart for abandoning our education sector and paying huge sums of money as tuition in the UK?

While international students bring in money, as with all things there's an optimum amount before they start to experience negative returns. All those Nigerians going with children will all be eligible for free education etc., increasing cost of housing for their citizens etc. so there are also negative impacts, the decision cannot just be made on "get paid huge sum for tuition", there are lots of other factors and impacts.

Analyst7:
This Uk people are very funny and daft, Nigerians pay huge sum of money as tuition, then they expect you not to use their opportunity to the fullest….dem go learn

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Reality2023: 9:25pm On Mar 12
...and Nigeria's unemployment has improved shey?
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by treatise: 9:32pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:
Expect your neighbours, cousins, friends and relatives who ran out of Nigeria to run back empty-handed in few months.

No place like home πŸ˜‚
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Lexusgs430: 9:36pm On Mar 12
Benwallt:

Dash? You're an obedient, I can see. Enjoy yourself.

I belong to nobody....... 🀣

Work for your own shishi...... Seek opportunities for your own shishi....... 😁
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:

Before your very eyes and envy....... You would continually watch them bloom and flourish........ 😁😊

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by tyup(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12
EdiskyHarry:
It's far better to be unemployed in UK than being employed in Nigeria

These are words a Fool will likely say. At least in Nigeria, no matter how unemployed you can be, you go fit get where to lay head, eat at least once or saka for one village mai u dey chop free food from Villagers.

Who wan dey show u that kin love for UK?? If you're homeless cuz you're outta cash can you enjoy sleeping on the street with blasting cold?? Do you even have the slightest idea what frostbite is?? how bout hypothermia or nosebleed??

Most of y'all ignorant folks like this are mostly those who don't even know how a Airport looks like and have so loosed touch with reality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by PEACE2023: 9:49pm On Mar 12
bennybuhari:
Still 2 million times better than Naija own
Ewu

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by crossbreedwears(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12
I've always said it and will keep saying that Germany, Austria, AUSTRALIA, SWITZERLAND, Sweden, France are better counties than UK but peolple would condemn me
SoNature:
Those considering moving to the UK should reconsider their decision. There are better Japa options. Nothing good comes out of that Kingdom right now.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by crossbreedwears(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12
I've never liked UK once. Ill pick Austria ahead of UK
Irupetepete:
UK was the first country I know about when I was 12...am in my 30's and have hated UK since I was 12,i don't just know why..
That country doesn't interest me a bit
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Truthsandtrusts: 10:16pm On Mar 12
SoNature:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/uk-unemployment-rises-amid-ban-on-foreign-health-workers-from-bringing-dependants/

Peter Obi I thought you said only Nigeria that has problem in the entire world, can you go a solve Nigeria problem in UK?
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by okeke6969: 10:31pm On Mar 12
[quote author=reiddecuti post=128904525]Nigeria government don see reason not to perform.

Them go begin to justify their failure by telling us UK unemployment is worsen. [/qu

Na their way na. Always looking for every avenue to justify their inefficiency and spread propaganda.
It is unfortunate that we find ourselves in this avoidable mess.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by okeke6969: 10:34pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:

Going by your assertion, your existence is of no use to humanity.
Enemy of progress.
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by DeltaBachelor(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12
MT:

Those that your kind helped to "run" IELTS to UK and US are in serious problem now.

They have been discovered and possibly facing criminal prosecution and deportation.
What yiu don't know is more than you. I wouldn't say more than this to you and "your kind". Bye !
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sprints1: 10:47pm On Mar 12
Dougad:
UK be like the poorest first world country to me. I dey hear things for there wey I go dey expect say I suppose heat from their world countries. Even their wages sef poor.

they know what they are doing na Charles family hand work they want to depopulate UK so many immigrants amd they want force them out unwillingly... People will be forced to leave for greener pasture... I have always hated the UK as A Kid very dead place to me... W
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Irupetepete: 11:18pm On Mar 12
crossbreedwears:
I've never liked UK once. Ill pick Austria ahead of UK
Oga stop reading people's mind, it is bad for your health abeg
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sirray001: 11:31pm On Mar 12
MT:

Some dudes are balling comfortably in Nigeria working in banks as Software Engineer, Oil and Gas Staffers, CBN staff etc.

Some will never live anywhere abroad because they are working remotely for companies from Nigeria - which i call the "perfect" world.

The power of Heaven and paradise is in every nation of the world.

it depends on the one you connect to.
what is the percentage of those people working in the multinational companies compare to million suffering in the country. No stable electricity and other social amenities that are suppose to be provided by the government
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MT: 11:37pm On Mar 12
sirray001:
what is the percentage of those people working in the multinational companies compare to million suffering in the country. No stable electricity and other social amenities that are suppose to be provided by the government

The world has reached a stage where the quality of your skillset will determine your quality of life.

So, the number you asked for is as good as many who are determined to upskill genuinely.

How many people in the UK are living beyond the poverty threshold. Just few in the corporate world.

Most Nigerians are living below the poverty threshold in the UK, hence the reason they cannot even afford to go on holiday, sigh seeing, eat out in a decent restaurant, shop in the high street etc. Their daily routine is home to work to church or mosque , then back home.

Most Nigerians living in the UK are poor by UK standard.

Yes no stable electricity in Nigeria which is bad but in the UK where electricity is stable, you guys end up complaining of higher bills. I have seen many houses in the UK that are off the national grid and fully dependent on solar. I have seen individuals who sleep in darkness in the UK because he could not pay for electricity bills.

As bad as Nigeria appears to be, there are some people abroad who will beg to trade places with some individuals in Nigeria.

Apple and Mango are fruits but starkly different.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon / Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money / 'He's On His Own': King Charles Ousts Prince Andrew From Buckingham Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.