Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens (44949 Views)

Central Bank Survey Says Russia's Economic Outlook Worsens / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by edenex: 6:12pm On Mar 12
Wonder why people dey go UK sef

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by femi4: 6:16pm On Mar 12
STEWpid:
Bullshitticus!

What will now happen to those who have sold their heaven on earth just to move to the UK?

A lot of Nigerians have become destitutes in the over there!!

Japada (run back) syndrome loading...

Chai..
They never ask them to sell their belongings in the first place

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by GoodSpirit: 6:16pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:
Expect your neighbours, cousins, friends and relatives who ran out of Nigeria to run back empty-handed in few months.

They spoke I'll of Nigeria and Japa. Now they will japada.

Repeat after me. Say " No place like home"

What are you implying? Unemployment situation worsen but still in single digit levels unlike what is obtainable in Nigeria but you still mock who is way better than you economically. Wonders they say never ends.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sukkot: 6:18pm On Mar 12
Irupetepete:
UK was the first country I know about when I was 12...am in my 30's and have hated UK since I was 12,i don't just know why..
That country doesn't interest me a bit
forget that thing, uk is the sweetest country on the planet, just hold 1 million pounds and don’t go there to work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by MagnusPrime: 6:19pm On Mar 12
[img][/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Irupetepete: 6:21pm On Mar 12
Chicagograduate:
Na Naija japa syndrome dey cause all these ban.Them give Una privileged to come work Una wan pack Una football team of families come UK.If Naija government dey employ foreigners here Una no go lament?
Even when multinationals dey invite foreign musicians come sing here Una dey lament.Now dem don stop.Na Una come dey run go there.
so for your mind, u think say na naija migrants plenty pass for UK?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Postinor: 6:22pm On Mar 12
DeltaBachelor:
Since the U.K is becoming congested and difficult. I would advise my 9ja Japarians to try pitching thier Japa tent towards Canada , The US and Australia, particularly our Doctors and Nurses. For IELTS package, shoot us a mail at deltabachelor@gmail.com

NOT CHEAP O. SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE ONLY PLEASE. BAND 7+ Guaranteed for Academic and Band7.5 and above for General.
what about pharmacist are they needed
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by GreaterFuture(m): 6:23pm On Mar 12
Lool, I laugh
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Golan007: 6:23pm On Mar 12
JobZoneNews:
We now have japada. If you can't go forward you should go backwards

grin

Japada.

I'll be using that

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by TheFacelessMan: 6:27pm On Mar 12
Analyst7:
This Uk people are very funny and daft, Nigerians pay huge sum of money as tuition, then they expect you not to use their opportunity to the fullest….dem go learn

Lol. Not daft. Super smart.

It is those who sell properties and gamble everything without research that you can question their intelligence.

Not those receiving their lifesavings with open palms.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by spiSeyi: 6:30pm On Mar 12
Infact GBP is currently down against the USD grin .UK is currently living in the Brexit reality. If nor be 4 bad government in 9ja wetin person wan go do 4 UK undecided

8 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Lifeinlight: 6:30pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:
Expect your neighbours, cousins, friends and relatives who ran out of Nigeria to run back empty-handed in few months.

LoL

You dey compare UK to naija wey your leaders don steal your future and that of your unborn kids?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by darediamond(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12
SoNature:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/uk-unemployment-rises-amid-ban-on-foreign-health-workers-from-bringing-dependants/
You see a country channelling it Resources -both internally produced and the ones hijacked here and there around the world- into An Unwinnable WAR Against Russia presently and the next thing you think of is running to such a country to hustle. It then evident that your Village people are actively After YOU AND YOUR GENERATIONS!!!

You do not even think about the possible incoming escalation which can make them start Bombing one another.

One thingy must kill a man crew, OVER TO YOU ...
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Quebec91(m): 6:34pm On Mar 12
cheesy
jeromestarks:

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ukaface(f): 6:38pm On Mar 12
jeromestarks:

Why not wish good for everyone in diaspora
Must you show your envious spirit upandan🤦🏾‍♀️
God forbid to your prayer

9 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Kay25(m): 6:39pm On Mar 12
Dem don cash out now

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by AngelicBeing: 6:39pm On Mar 12
sukkot:
forget that thing, uk is the sweetest country on the planet, just hold 1 million pounds and don’t go there to work
shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Dougad: 6:39pm On Mar 12
sukkot:

How long will it take that 1 million pounds to finish? Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by EdiskyHarry: 6:40pm On Mar 12
It's far better to be unemployed in UK than being employed in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by BeboNGN: 6:41pm On Mar 12
UK na our second home... We must spent the money they loot from us together

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Chizzyferd(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by bjdon: 6:43pm On Mar 12
ttmacoy:
Many Nigerians really abused the care worker scheme in the UK. Some charging up to £10k to sponsor their fellow Nigerians and then they don’t have work for them or give them 10 hours a week, meanwhile the poor person is unable to legally work for another organization because they are tied by work permit.

And they have sold property, borrowed money etc to find this. By the time they pay £10k for certificate of sponsorship, pay for visa fees and NHS fees they are probably spending over £20k to end up with a shitty job with shitty wages or worse not even enough hours to pay basic bills.

On top of all that the pay for care workers is rubbish especially when you consider the work involved.

I know many Nigerians who went to UK on student visa for masters, MBA etc who can only get care work after graduation.
We really need to spread the word, to those planning to Japa to the UK. Its just not worth it. With half the money you can start a business in Nigeria tht will be much more profitable in the long run. The UK is simply not the country to come and hustle. If you a skilled profesional, who's skills are in demand here (Doctor, Dentist, Nurse..) then you have a good chance of getting a job and making a resonable living, for the rest, please do not do it. There are better options if you must Japa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by sukkot: 6:47pm On Mar 12
Dougad:

How long will it take that 1 million pounds to finish? Lmao
it doesn’t have to finish. Go to finchley road or golders green and collect those 3 story executive terraced house. Don’t do mortgage oooo just give them 700k cash. Put 250k cash into high interest account 5 percent. Hold 50k cash for hand to enjoy life but I will advise buy a car and do Uber one day a week so you have another small source of income and you are independent with no boss. The remaining 6 days just chop life my guy. You Dey golders green Dey live with rich Jews . Chop life geng

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by ConquerorCletus: 6:51pm On Mar 12
Japa is not all rosy at this time

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Didi2d(m): 6:52pm On Mar 12
The same UK wey some few people I know already have jobs. Na this year dem enter o

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by OBTOREPA(m): 6:52pm On Mar 12
SoNature:
Those considering moving to the UK should reconsider their decision. There are better Japa options. Nothing good comes out of that Kingdom right now.
Which other better options do you suggest bro?
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Gbogbowa: 6:53pm On Mar 12
UK is planning to cut interest rate to help her citizens in time like this but Nigeria is increasing interest rate,can you see the difference

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by DeltaBachelor(m): 6:54pm On Mar 12
Postinor:
what about pharmacist are they needed
Definitely bro, but the japa wave favours Doctors, Nurses and Caregivers more due to the availability and demand for jobs in these countries .

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Maj196(m): 6:59pm On Mar 12
UK is an extension of Lagos, according to naija people grin
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by Jandminded: 7:02pm On Mar 12
SoNature:
Those considering moving to the UK should reconsider their decision. There are better Japa options. Nothing good comes out of that Kingdom right now.

Like which other countries?
Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by elup2023: 7:04pm On Mar 12
bennybuhari:
Still 2 million times better than Naija own
i dont think so.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens by CHIDOHSKI: 7:09pm On Mar 12
Unemployment is now global issue. How can you create more jobs when everything virtually getting automated by day. The worse is yet to come.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money / 'He's On His Own': King Charles Ousts Prince Andrew From Buckingham Palace / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.