Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe (35981 Views)

3 Killed, Property Destroyed As Osun Politicians Fight Over Election Largesse / National Assembly Security Fought For Zulum’s Largesse, Not DSS / DSS Releases Senator Abaribe From Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by dre11(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13
Senator representing Abia South, Enyinnaya Harcourt Abaribe, has said contrary to the claim that some ranking senators received N500 million from the 2024 budget, he had only received N266 million.

A federal lawmaker representing Cross River North, Senator Jarigbe Agom-Jarigbe, had during plenary, on Tuesday, said that some senior senators had received N500 million each from the 2024 budget.

The revelation came on the heel of an ongoing controversy over an allegation of budget padding made by Senator Abdul Ningi in an interview with BBC Hausa.

Ningi had earlier accused the Senate of padding the 2024 budget, saying the National Assembly added an extra N3.7 trillion to the initial budget.

Reacting to the development, during a chat with ARISE TV, Senator Abaribe said Ningi knew it was a mistake claiming what he could not prove, because he was not a new member in the Senate.

Abaribe added that despite him, himself, being a senior senator, he had not received the N500 million alleged by Jarigbe.

He said, “Senator Ningi knew it was going to be a mistake. He knew. He’s a member of the Senate. He can’t say he didn’t know. He’s an old Senator. He has been in the Senate before. He knew that this wasn’t correct.

“I never got 500 million. I think Jarigbe tried to clarify his statement. He came back subsequently to say, ‘No, Ningi told me I was given’, because he didn’t get. He’s also a ranking Senator.

“So, I think that at the end of the day, what you see really is that…well, I’m an APGA Senator–the only APGA Senator in the Senate. Maybe being a minority of the minority, they didn’t consider me worthy of being given. Nobody told me about that money.

“I wanted to say that, without equivocation, that both Jarigbe and the Senate leader tried to clarify this issue. Number one: nobody was given 500 million. Even a few of my colleagues called me to say, ‘Ahh you get 500 million we dey beg you for money but you no wan give us one naira out of it.’

Can you imagine? So, of course I got 266 million for what’s called Zonal Intervention Fund which Nigerians call “constituency project” funds. And this thing takes a budget circle which is twelve months. So if at the end of twelve months you don’t see what’s in the budget for your constituency, then you hold your representatives whether in the Reps or Senate culpable.”

https://dailytrust.com/n500m-largesse-i-received-n266m-senator-confesses/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by JayyXXX(m): 9:10pm On Mar 13
Welcome to Tinubu's Rubber Stamp Senate headed by the notorious political criminal called Akpabio.

See how they're sharing the Nation's wealth amongst themselves, while the zombies in this forum supporting and singing their praises don't have up to N3mil home and abroad.

Welcome to Nigeria.

243 Likes 33 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by NwaNimo1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13
Confession......upon their holiday jamboree moni?

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by hybrid77: 9:12pm On Mar 13
The rot in this system is just too mich. Our problem isn't because we aren't producing anything. But that the thieves in government at every level is 100%.

Stop blaming the devalued naira on onflow and outflows. The problem is corruption and nothing else

201 Likes 19 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by danijesus(m): 9:13pm On Mar 13
Criminals

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by StOla: 9:16pm On Mar 13
Why do we like behaving like barbarians and beer parlour analysts?

Constituency project is not a new thing for the legislators of the National Assembly?

Can you imagine? So, of course I got 266 million for what’s called Zonal Intervention Fund which Nigerians call “constituency project” funds. And this thing takes a budget circle which is twelve months. So if at the end of twelve months you don’t see what’s in the budget for your constituency, then you hold your representatives whether in the Reps or Senate culpable.

Again, legislators never ever get the same amount.

It is not personal enjoyment money that was shared to them.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by chiiraq802(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13
No wam.
mk una Lavida!!

1 Like

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by StOla: 9:20pm On Mar 13
JayyXXX:
Welcome to Tinubu's Rubber Stamp Senate headed by the notorious political criminal called Akpabio.

See how they're sharing the Nation's wealth amongst themselves, while the zombies in this forum supporting and singing their praises don't have up to N3mil home and abroad.

Welcome to Nigeria.

Welcome to the norm.

Nothing to do with Tinubu that you so earnestly want to rope into a crime that does not exist.

Constituency Project is not a new development and the legislators will never ever get the same amount of funding.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by JayyXXX(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13
StOla:

Welcome to the norm.

Nothing to do with Tinubu that you so earnestly want to rope into a crime that does not exist.

Constituency Project is not a new development and the legislators will never ever get the same amount of funding.

Here's one of the praise singers I was referring to in my comment above.

They're not difficult to identify.

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Breatheon: 9:22pm On Mar 13
And Nigerians are in the street hungry and dying away.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Ofunaofu: 9:23pm On Mar 13
So senator ningi was right afterall

The truth is coming out

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by malali: 9:27pm On Mar 13
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

It is time to remove the corruption subsidy as well !

Nigerians cant be getting free grains from Ukraine, and feeding the citizens with grains like pigeons.

While our senators are corruptly subsidizing their lifestyles by blatant budget inflation and padding.

Senator Ningi should be recalled and an independent counsel (like Femi Falana) should be introduced.

Public hearings should be televised, Senators are public servants not Mafia Members.

These are the same things your regime is accusing Buhari of doing,

A few people enjoy corruption the whole nation suffers the consequences down the line.

DO SOMETHING NOW !

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by JayyXXX(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13
StOla:
Why do we like behaving like barbarians and beer parlour analysts?

Constituency project is not a new thing for the legislators of the National Assembly?

Again, legislators never ever get the same amount.

It is not personal enjoyment money that was shared to them.

Sergio Ramos of FG and the National Assembly.

Weldone

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by StOla: 9:36pm On Mar 13
JayyXXX:

Here's one of the praise singers I was referring to in my comment above.

They're not difficult to identify.

In a beer parlour, everyone must chorus the same condemnations.

Logic and rational thought is not tolerated.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by StOla: 9:37pm On Mar 13
Ofunaofu:
So senator ningi was right afterall

The truth is coming out

He was right that what?

Please complete your submission.

Nigerians lack reading and comprehension skills, that is why many never pass IELTS until after many attempts.

Many would not even read the news beyond the headlines and conclude based on their ignorance.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by JayyXXX(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13
StOla:

In a beer parlour, everyone must chorus the same condemnations.

Logic and rational thought is not tolerated.
As a regular customer at Beer parlour, you really do have a lot of experience.

It shows in your comment.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Gadafii: 9:45pm On Mar 13
Akpabio is twice worse than lawani the rubber stamp senate president

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Cassandraloius: 9:45pm On Mar 13
Hmmmm. Thief!
Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by o123456789(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13
Constituency project money for members of national assembly in Nigeria is a very big scam, for instance which member of the national assembly both former and current, can point to a small meaningful project to help the masses in their constituency or senatorial district.?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Kingcalls: 9:46pm On Mar 13
Nigeria is not a country....its an everyday crime scene

22 Likes

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by tunjijones(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13
The truth is coming out gradually.

How come LP senators are not saying anything or have they joined the band wagon?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Moyinoluwa35(f): 9:47pm On Mar 13
Hmm
Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Dpharisee: 9:47pm On Mar 13
Senator Abaribe should simply say he received N266m in the first tranche, some senior Senators got over N1b ask anyone who knows the national assembly very well

25 Likes

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Kingcalls: 9:47pm On Mar 13
StOla:

He was right that what?

Please complete your submission.

U must be one of the criminals that support ur fellow criminals...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Davehasmadeit(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13
Bloody idiotic criminals
Very soon, a spanish kinda revolution would happen in Nigeria.
The gap between the rich and the poor is too much in this country

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by xristos(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13
Seriously
Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by zombieHUNTER: 9:48pm On Mar 13
undecided

God bless Senator Nengi

God punish Tinubu
God punish Akpabio
God punish APc and all their supporters

May hunger and starvation remain rooted in their families ..

Just look at Nigeria under Tinubu and Akpabio
Two thieves.. SMH

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Odingo1: 9:48pm On Mar 13
Nigeria is finished, the looting of treasury is on the high ride

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13
Little by little u will all confess

U a house of rep got 266m so that means a senator that is a senior legislator will get more and a ranking senator like chip w, Majority Leader, deputy senate president and senate president will surely get more than just a senator

Politicians in this country is just evil

Allocating millions to themselves while their is serious hunger in the country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13
266m free money for just one rep member and we have 360 and over 100 senators that will get higher amount apart from there salaries and allowances

I need to ask a question

IS THERE A FUTURE FOR NIGERIA ?

these guys should all face firing squad

The masses are suffering and dying daily yet they are looting and sharing the wealth of the country

If I should pray for them seun will ban for 50 years

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe by easyfem(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13
No wonder this guys are killing fighting during election . I’m so sorry if this sound like a curse , Nigerian can’t work again … we have miss it as a country … do know what 266m can do for a constituency? Jesu

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Considers Balance In SGF Choice / Soldier: 'I Will Never Regret If I Die Serving My Nation' / President Buhari Receives Oba Ewuare Of Benin In State House, Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.