Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? (23306 Views)

FG To Fine POS Operators ₦‎1M For Illegal Pricing / Your Customers Will Trust You More When You Do This..... / If You Do This Simple Thing, Your Customers Will Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by maureensylvia(f): 1:11pm On Mar 14
Seller A
Normal price N70,000
Promo price N35,000

Seller B
Price N70,000
Promo: Buy 1 get 1 free

Which of the two pricing options do you think customers will grab faster?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by TANID(m): 1:13pm On Mar 14
na d same jawe

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by maureensylvia(f): 1:19pm On Mar 14
TANID:
na d same jawe

No
The way they're presented can have a big impact on the customer's decision.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by advanceDNA: 1:32pm On Mar 14
maureensylvia:

No
The way they're presented can have a big impact on the customer's decision.
nothing beats low price...it makes pple that are liquid buy more once the eye sees..

with 35k pricing u will target both those that can buy two or more ....

.and also those that cant afford more than 35k or even less but can still easily get one two mama chioma to combine 17k5 and get a bag
So u target more group of buyers

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Acidosis(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14
Seller A when I'm buying only 1 quantity.

Seller A or B when I'm buying 2 quantities.

Seller A when I'm buying more than 2 quantities.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by nifemi25(m): 2:10pm On Mar 14
To my own point of view, we Nigerians like cheaper things.... I 5hink seller B will send faster than seller A ....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by WorkTheTalk(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14
With the current situation of things in naija now, Seller A option all the way.

22 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by TrennixGLOBAL: 4:14pm On Mar 14
maureensylvia:
Seller A
Normal price N70,000
Promo price N35,000

Seller B
Price N70,000

80% nigerians will surely go for Seller B cos they like free things a lot.

Nigerians will prefer to walk a distance of N10k just to collect free 5k or you can make them do something of 100k value without knowing as long as you are giving them a physical reward of 70k.

Majority of the problems we are facing in Nigeria is as a result of free tins both monetary or not.

Even bribe is free money.

Seller B will make more sales.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by maureensylvia(f): 6:37pm On Mar 14
nifemi25:
To my own point of view, we Nigerians like cheaper things.... I 5hink seller B will send faster than seller A ....

We like free stuffs 😀

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by wunmi590(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14

People will grab the A fast because it is cheaper, in this present economy people are managing the litter fund they have, so somebody whose present salary is just an average will rather go for the 35k rice and keep...

The person might even go and sell for 70k and still come and buy another one for 35k

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Kukutente23: 6:58pm On Mar 14
I dey com

Make I piss fess
Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by id4sho(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14
Seller B
Price N70,000

tongue
U wan dull wink cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by yewit37486: 6:59pm On Mar 14
Hmm. Depends on the customer and their liquidity. A person that has only 40k available to spend can only go for Option A, while a person who has enough cash at their disposal will likely go for Option B.

This is assuming the item is non-perishable or can be consumed in a reasonable period of time which I think is the case with rice, otherwise no one will go for option b at all.

8 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by IkeGod9891(m): 7:00pm On Mar 14
B gives Nigerian customers orgasm

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Ulogwe1: 7:00pm On Mar 14
Seller B will have his way.

Buy one get one free at the same price.

Omo I choose seller B

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Kusheer(m): 7:00pm On Mar 14
Are these rice for sale ??

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by MrDIY: 7:02pm On Mar 14
It all lies on the financial power of the buyer.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by iichidodo: 7:02pm On Mar 14
"Buy one, get one free".... There's something about the word "free" that makes it look like I got a bargain price.

5 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Tonytonex(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14
maureensylvia:
Seller A
Normal price N70,000
Promo price N35,000

Seller B
Price N70,000

This your analogy is not applicable in real life.

Use a realistic example.

But if it was to be true,
B.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:03pm On Mar 14
I actually prefer the promo price than product promo.
You will likely get more sales from lower pricing than persuading people to buy more at high rate, because at that point, people will consider if they actually need the item, but at lower pricing, they consider the item cheap and buy to keep even if not immediately needed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Dshocker(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14
maureensylvia:
Seller A
Normal price N70,000
Promo price N35,000

Seller B
Price N70,000

Nigerians like awoof, so the buy 1 & get one free will work on the customer's psychology.
Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by yewit37486: 7:04pm On Mar 14
MrDIY:
It all lies on the financial power of the buyer.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Gbadugbakun(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14
grin
Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by illuminutty: 7:05pm On Mar 14
What will I lose if
Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by RisenJoe(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14
kiss
Fact

maidstone:
Most of the replies above show that you guys aren't into management or business administration. When a business entity comes up with this sort of promo, often, it's not about you the customer. It's about the company's wellbeing.

Most companies, especially, supermarkets, would prefer Option A because Option A will help them to shift more goods. As in sell more goods than Option B

As regards Option B, most customers would prefer that as they most likely came in to buy 1 piece of the item on promo anyway. Most wouldn't need 2

Thus, Option A will be more impactful on the bottomline of the company in question

4 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:06pm On Mar 14
They'll go for the slashed price because they may need the remaining 35k to buy other things. Not a wise thing to pack bags of rice in the store with nothing to cook it or even alternate it.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Kenmatt(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14
The promo price is Bae.

Kenmatt: "Madam, I wan buy Rice"

Madam: "Which one yhu wan pay for, normal abi promo price?"

Kenmatt:"Madam, I wan buy promo price, I carry cash, no need for POS or transfer, see ma 35k hia"

Matter close!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Pwashiks(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14
Seller A when I'm buying in odd numbers
Seller A or B when I'm buying in even numbers, because they both give me same return on value

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Goodlyhrt(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14
People saying that option A will sell more might be wrong because option B is mouth watery. Some people self will even go and borrow money to buy the option b

No be Nigerians again?

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by Reelmii: 7:07pm On Mar 14
Hmmm
Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by ElliotP: 7:07pm On Mar 14
Promo price most people will see buy one get one free as a scam

3 Likes

Re: Which Of The Two Pricing Options Do You Think Customers Will Grab Faster? by israelmao(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14
Option B many people like free things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / 5 Dangerous Mindsets That Can Hurt You On The Long Run / How To Send And Receive Payment Online Internationally In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.