Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. (23560 Views)

PPPRA Deletes N212 Per Litre Petrol Template From Website / Ganduje Appoints Three Special Assistants On Streetlights (photos) / One Dollar Is NOT N184 As Google Suggests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by ispreloaded(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15
efemena5050:
Ur among the few stupid docile and shallow brain Nigerians that allow rubbish to thrive in this false integration called a nation....from ur write up which have no iota of intelligence,it completely shows an individual who lacks understanding about bicameralism and the upper house being in charge of proceedings and undertakings.....but to u the idiot ur trying to defend is not supposed to be fingered ..... since perhaps his been witch hunt......No brother ......stop supporting this animals out of sentiments or whatsoever cuz it makes u look like a fool...
Once again the Senate president is been sighnted bcus the Senate remains the highest in the legislative arm where decisions after their respective selfish consultations,the sharing formula is enacted ......so pls stop the sentiments
no sense in this ....cos Akpabio is not the president of Nigeria....in.the. Senate u make decisions according to the number of vote u get .... If u're on majority vote ...you win what u wish for .... Akpabio isn't the president of Nigeria.... Make una Dy reason with una head
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Akalia(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15
YourKarma:

The only reason I can say you're vehemently supporting this daylight robbery by these political thieves is that you're benefiting directly from them because if you're not, you're the biggest fool to walk the earth
Even though he is benefiting from them; let's take it that he is benefiting from them and hence the reason he is backing the obvious corruption, he won't benefit forever.

Someday he would be handed the short end of the stick when another crop of corrupt fools get to power by then his current connects in this corrupt and wicked regime would no longer be in the corridor of power to give him stale crumbs he is enjoying today. Such a selfish prick.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15
nams77:

My friend shut up!!!! For crying out loud does it matter whether he mentioned house of rep or senate? These ediots are looting our collective resources and you are here yapping about akpabio. By the way did op mention akpabio in his post?
It is M0rons like you I pity the most. After shouting yourself hoarse in defence of these thieves, you are given peanut (30k) while their children enjoy the loot. Imp

Tell your mother to shut up
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:48pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:
The budget was passed by both houses of the National Assembly not the Senate
To say the Senate passed the budget is mischievous

Why no photo.of Tajudeen Abass
To.That extent you are dishonest

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere

Haaaa, Omo, this comment choke, reason they do what they do. Tinubu, Akpabio till 2038, I hail ooh Comrade.

Wow. Them no born Rishi Sunak and house of commons well to do this. All of them go resign same min. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15
Villa12:
i understand your view though. A winchaunt against Akpabio. But don't you think Akpabio being the head of NASS should be question?

Anyway, can i also get $10 from you?
Akpabio is not the head of the National Assembly
There is nothing like that
When you say questioned
Questioned by whom?
You need to be clear

Have you questioned you representative or Senator ?
Do you have access to them

Tell me 3 questions you would ask Akpabio if you have the opportunity

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Eldavis(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15
Ofunaofu:
Watch them defend this, claiming it is a state of the art street lights, fitted with modern features

So painful though, when we all know they are going to bring in low quality streetlights, that's if they even carry out the project at all. Very soon the streets would be having more light compared to our homes. They won't try and fix the light issue going on for years.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15
tegrianonigltd:

Haaaa, Omo, this comment choke, reason they do what they do. Tinubu, Akpabio till 2038, I hail ooh Comrade.

Wow. Them no born Rishi Sunak and house of commons well to do this. All of them go resign same min. Lol
Have you heard of Pork Barrel politics or Pork Barrel constituency appropriation?
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Brushstrokes20: 3:59pm On Mar 15
Nigeria is being ruled by a notorious congregation of SELF SERVING THIEVES!💯💯💯💯
There is an exigency need to activate the RESET BUTTON via a red revolt or Khaki boys!
# ENOUGH OF NONSENSE 💯💯

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by DatNiggaDaz: 4:00pm On Mar 15
BeninRefugees:

My boy use that $50 and meet a psychologist for mental rehabilitation you're deteriorating quickly. You're gradually losing touch with reality! you might be having early signs of Schizophrenia I'm advising you this a health care professional! you need help!

grin cheesy

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by efemena5050(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15
ispreloaded:
no sense in this ....cos Akpabio is not the president of Nigeria....in.the. Senate u make decisions according to the number of vote u get .... If u're on majority vote ...you win what u wish for .... Akpabio isn't the president of Nigeria.... Make una Dy reason with una head
wat concerns president in legislative proceedings,did I referenced the president in my write up??.. comprehension police pls come and arrest this one o........I write one thing him understand another thing.....when it comes to stealing and allocation of lumpsums(financial gratifications) there is no vote again ......the Senate now put on their selfish buttons and implement speedy stealing formulas......they only go into plenaries when the issues bothers on minimum wage .....and other things they consider peripheral......

4 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15
lexy2014:

nairalanda1, is it because of fuel subsidy that the senate is going to install one street light at this cost?

I thought you said the government has no money and that Nigerians need to be taxed some more?

NIgeria doesn't have enough money, which is why any stealing, like what is happening in the senate, is evil, and why we got to fight corruption seriously

But most Nigerians prefer to support their son and daughter in power, rather than to support a general fight against corruption. THat's why the stealing continues.

If you think, a budget of 30 trillion is enough for 220 million people, better think again. NIgeria, properly managed should be earning 100 billion or more. Nigeria should be using its raw materials to manufacture usuable goods and services, and NIgeria should have a good tax regime

Not this one where we fight over oil money and suchlike.

The problem is, when you leave your economy dependent on the price of oil, you end up leaving it vulnerable

And when we have stealing, of the kind that has happened over the years, we end up with an even worse situation.

Anyway, we know how this would end. NO one would get punished.
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Villa12(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio is not the head of the National Assembly
There is nothing like that
When you say questioned
Questioned by whom?
You need to be clear

Have you questioned you representative or Senator ?
Do you have access to them

Tell me 3 questions you would ask Akpabio if you have the opportunity

Akpabio is the head of 10th National Assembly. A simple Google search will save you. Also, you wouldn't tell me he isn't aware of this bogos budget. I understand they may be plot to impeach him, that is, if he falls into their hands. How can they budget almost #200 million for a single street light in a country where almost 80% of the citizens are hungry? This people truly do not rate Nigerians. It's a slap on our faces

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by udeh3(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15
For those that follows Lagos State budgets, we're not surprised. We see what goes on here and for real, same will be replicated at federal level

From the onset, the report surrounding the budget presentation by the president were shady. Many senator never got opportunity to see the budget, cos the president was allege to have submitted an empty budget while some APC senator debunked it to say "the president have given them the budget on flash previously". These were debunked by some NASS members

So, I wasn't surprised

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15
udeh3:
For those that follows Lagos State budgets, we're not surprised. We see what goes on here and for real, same will be replicated at federal level

From the onset, the report surrounding the budget presentation by the president were shady. Many senator never got opportunity to see the budget, cos the president was allege to have submitted an empty budget while some APC senator debunked it to say "the president have given them the budget on flash previously". These were debunked by some NASS members

So, I wasn't surprised

It has always been happening, even before 2015.

The problem is.....if the government started punishing corrupiton as it should be punished, NIgeria would descend into anarchy as people defend their son and daughter. Also, the government itself is not clean
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15
Villa12:
i understand your view though. A winchaunt against Akpabio. But don't you think Akpabio being the head of NASS should be question?

Anyway, can i also get $10 from you?
$10 don make you understand point wey you no suppose understand. You no get shame? Make una dey allow small shame catch una na. As this hunger dey catch you, you like am?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 4:13pm On Mar 15
BRIGHTRIVERS:
$10 don make you understand point wey you no suppose understand. You no get shame? Make una dey allow small shame catch una na. As this hunger dey catch you, you like am?

People are suffering. Consider how long the guy you quoted has been hiding his or her pain....

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by hosemujica: 4:14pm On Mar 15
BeninRefugees:

Defending rubbish as always

wait, are you being paid to do this? undecided

if they're corrupt they should be called out
People like him are the problem of the country. The basically worship their oppressors, if you can’t oppress them then you can’t be their leader .

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Scarcity234: 4:14pm On Mar 15
BeninRefugees:

Defending rubbish as always

wait, are you being paid to do this? undecided

if they're corrupt they should be called out
He's a zombie

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by lexy2014: 4:14pm On Mar 15
nairalanda1:

NIgeria doesn't have enough money, which is why any stealing, like what is happening in the senate, is evil, and why we got to fight corruption seriously

But most Nigerians prefer to support their son and daughter in power, rather than to support a general fight against corruption. THat's why the stealing continues.

If you think, a budget of 30 trillion is enough for 220 million people, better think again. NIgeria, properly managed should be earning 100 billion or more. Nigeria should be using its raw materials to manufacture usuable goods and services, and NIgeria should have a good tax regime

Not this one where we fight over oil money and suchlike.

The problem is, when you leave your economy dependent on the price of oil, you end up leaving it vulnerable

And when we have stealing, of the kind that has happened over the years, we end up with an even worse situation.

Anyway, we know how this would end. NO one would get punished.

if there is no money, where are they seeing the money you say they are stealing?

why should we fight corruption? its not necessary.

why not just focus on increasing taxes and removing fuel subsidy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Villa12(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15
BRIGHTRIVERS:
he claimed he has more than enough to feed someone. What do you expect of me? Do you know if he's blabbing?
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Tell your mother to shut up
Bros if you do not insult someone's mum will your comment not fly? Its childish giving "some" brilliant points youve made. Be a bigger person man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Nosaghae(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Dunce there is corruption going on and you have convicted Akpabio??
Your agenda is aborted

If you are sincere. Recognise that the Senate and House of Representatives are equal partners in passing the budget . Singling out Akpabio shows you are a hypocrite

You are so pathetic.
U don't have a problem with the fact that the nation's Commonwealth is being squandered by the political scavengers, your only problem is that it's only your oga's name that was called out
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15
lexy2014:

n..

Made a mistake feeding this troll.

Anyway, no matter what he thinks of me, he knows he has nothing upstairs, so he can't refute my points.

cheesy

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15
Villa12:
he claimed he has more than enough to feed someone. What do you expect of me? Do you know if he's blabbing?
And we should use your acct number as control experiment to test if he's blabbing or not, sharp guy grin grin
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by odaniel1(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15
It's crazy how our leaders would be very insensitive to the plight of citizens.
Street lights should not even be priority in times like this, how about empowering these constituencies with food banks or even something pertaining to direct effect on people?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by dazzlingd(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15
While people are suffering, a few at the top sit and sucking the country dry

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Villa12(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15
BRIGHTRIVERS:
And we should use your acct number as control experiment to test if he's blabbing or not, sharp guy grin grin
Lol
can you also feed my family?
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by dazzlingd(m): 4:23pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere

He is the senate president!
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by lexy2014: 4:24pm On Mar 15
nairalanda1:

Made a mistake feeding this troll.

Anyway, no matter what he thinks of me, he knows he has nothing upstairs, so he can't refute my points.

cheesy

what are those points?

I thought you are firm believer that the problem of Nigeria is fuel subsidy and that Nigerians are not being taxed enough?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Prince2324: 4:26pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere
This guy always irritates me seriously, very heartless human being

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Dogara And Saraki / APC Primaries: 18 States Defy Oshiomhole, Opt For Indirect Primaries (names) / Okorocha: EFCC Blocking Me From Presidential Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.