Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. (23503 Views)

PPPRA Deletes N212 Per Litre Petrol Template From Website / Ganduje Appoints Three Special Assistants On Streetlights (photos) / One Dollar Is NOT N184 As Google Suggests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15
NPFLADMIN:

Forget about the guy!
BTW

Can I beg for $10 in naira
Yes you can
but I cannot do Naira if you can receive dollars is okay
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Skillsnigeria: 3:26pm On Mar 15
grin hmmm
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:
The budget was passed by both houses of the National Assembly not the Senate
To say the Senate passed the budget is mischievous

Why no photo.of Tajudeen Abass
To.That extent you are dishonest

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere

Let's be honest, I believe there is a plot against Akpabio...which is all the more reason why he should not be a party to corruption.

Let's not excuse him. The man has messed up. If he gets removed, it is because he agreed to join them in the looting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15
maasoap:

When did Senate become synonymous with Akpabio because no Akpabio was mentioned in the news?
Even Akpabio children won't come out to defend their father the way you're doing here.
Everything I need to.say has been said for those with working brains to decipher
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Villa12(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15
telleyway:

But you supported the suspension of senator Ningi for telling us the truth.
Now tell us on who's side you belong, suffering Nigerians or corrupt politicians and by extension a tribal bigot?
most of them are in support of those corrupt politicians. They will tell you Nigerians sufferings are lazy that's why they're suffering grin they do claim that there are jobs littered around every nook and cranny of Nigeria but Nigerians chose to be lazy around grin

Fearyourcreator, yarimo and other Ronus grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by GenFunction: 3:29pm On Mar 15
Ofunaofu:
Watch them defend this, claiming it is a state of the art street lights, fitted with modern features
The type dat can fight terrorism,refine oil etc
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15
nairalanda1:

Let's be honest, I believe there is a plot against Akpabio...which is all the more reason why he should not be a party to corruption.

Let's not excuse him. The man has messed up. If he gets removed, it is because he agreed to join them in the looting.

Please explain to me how he messed up.and is party to corruption I genuinely want to learn from.you?
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Danlami223: 3:30pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere

This man what exactly is your problem? How much did they give you for you to register on Nairaland and start typing nonsense here all this time.. see block this man Nairaland is not for people like you ODE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Hafeexla(m): 3:30pm On Mar 15
There are 774 local government in Nigeria and you assume 1000+ will be distributed among 774 local government. If there is corruption, but illiteracy is more dangerous than corruption.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by HRMK: 3:31pm On Mar 15
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THE TYPE OF STREET LIGHT THAT WILL SWALLOW 184MILLION EACH?IS IT FOR A STREET IN HEAVEN OR THIS PLANET EARTH?NAWA OOO........

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15
Ykc2:
your type needs to be deported to Afghanistan your too corrupt ,god I hate you corrupt mind
Hate generally leads to cancer either in the hater or one of the hater's loved ones like a mother or close relative
I do not recommend it
It is impotent and unproductive

Meanwhile the hater grows chubby and strong,fruitful and blessed
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by autodevice(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere

Your types are reason this country will never get better. You blindly defend this glaring and massive corruption because of party, religion or ethnic reason?
Are you that unreasonable?
Nobody mentioned Akpabio here, just pointing our attention to a high level of corruption conspired and collective spearheaded by those who are supposed to have the interest of the nation at heart.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Timmi: 3:32pm On Mar 15
BeninRefugees:
Hahahaha

at least Tinubu never promised to fight corruption

Infact he didn't promise anything

just emi lokan Cassava garri eba balablue bulaba grin

as for insecurity,

ask El Rufai wink cheesy

Your lack of comprehension is what makes you a refugee for how can you sing the song of liberation in a strange land.
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Taich(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15
Gossiphub:

Call out Abass yourself. This is corruption going on and you're still cherry picking
. A man whose entire life savings is less than 1% of the amount stolen is defending the thieves to massage his ego.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:
Yes you can but I cannot do Naira if you can receive dollars is okay
Ah, this one is gonna be a problem.
I'll try to get one. Please keep your promise until then.
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15
autodevice:

Your types are reason this country will never get better. You blindly defend this glaring and massive corruption because of party, religion or ethnic reason?
Are you that unreasonable?
Nobody mentioned Akpabio here, just pointing our attention to a high level of corruption conspired and collective spearheaded by those who are supposed to have the interest of the nation at heart.
. What do you want from.me ?
That I notice you and start exchanging words with you? What exactly do you want?
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Timmi: 3:34pm On Mar 15
copyrites:
Why are Nigerians in Nigeria like this? These criminals are stealing and ripping you off your wealth and that of your generations unborn, and you guys do nothing??

Mindset

Haba! This is highway robbery by the National Assembly. It is time to #EndNationalAssemblyNow# movement. They are the one sucking life out of the common people and Nigeria at large.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by id4sho(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere
No shaking, we full ground. Blows will start soonest as akpabio is greedy and impeachment likely

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by efemena5050(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Not defending anything
Just calling out hypocrisy
What did Akpabio do?

The National Assembly Passed the budget

NOT THE SENATE
Senate and House of Representatives
So why single out Akpabio?

That agenda will fail

If you are genuinely concerned call out the entire National Assembly
And I will support any genuine agitation not hatred induced attacks on Akpabio

Call them out I support that
With evidence
What evidence have you got against Akpabio
Why not call out Tajudeen Abass?
Ur among the few stupid docile and shallow brain Nigerians that allow rubbish to thrive in this false integration called a nation....from ur write up which have no iota of intelligence,it completely shows an individual who lacks understanding about bicameralism and the upper house being in charge of proceedings and undertakings.....but to u the idiot ur trying to defend is not supposed to be fingered ..... since perhaps his been witch hunt......No brother ......stop supporting this animals out of sentiments or whatsoever cuz it makes u look like a fool...
Once again the Senate president is been sighnted bcus the Senate remains the highest in the legislative arm where decisions after their respective selfish consultations,the sharing formula is enacted ......so pls stop the sentiments

4 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by HelpYourself(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Not defending anything
What did Akpabio do?

NOT THE SENATE

That agenda will fail

With evidence

All is well
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15
copyrites:
Why are Nigerians in Nigeria like this? These criminals are stealing and ripping you off your wealth and that of your generations unborn, and you guys do nothing??

Mindset
Just imagine
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nairalanda1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Please explain to me how he messed up.and is party to corruption I genuinely want to learn from.you?

At the end, all this budget padding happened under his watch.

Unless you believe one streetlight costs that much to install, even allowing for inflation.

Look oga, let's be honest with ourselves. The corruption that goes on at the top is too much. It has to be stopped from somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by ispreloaded(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15
BeninRefugees:

what exactly is your point?

you're just yapping long story

we should leave Akpabio alone?
oga leave akpabio outta dis madness.... whoever wrote dat bill is the real animal theif
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Villa12(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Yes you can
but I cannot do Naira if you can receive dollars is okay
i understand your view though. A winchaunt against Akpabio. But don't you think Akpabio being the head of NASS should be question?

Anyway, can i also get $10 from you?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by YourKarma: 3:39pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Your problem is illiteracy and emotionality probably mixed with unemployment
I am not supporting anything
I do not have to react emotionally like you
I also do not have to operate on the basis that their are. SIDES and I must pick one side.
I am focused on logic and rationality and solutions f there are problems not joining an online job to.rant foolishly

You can try to make excuses and hide under whatever silly words you want, but you and I know you have no dignity and no shame

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by CaptainFM1: 3:40pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Not defending anything
What did Akpabio do?

NOT THE SENATE

That agenda will fail

With evidence

Start from somewhere. It doesn't matter where. You can also start by crucifying T. Abasss too. Don't leave it for somebody else.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by CodeTemplar: 3:41pm On Mar 15
Giant of corruption.

Street light of lass than N500k with profit, civil works, materials and more.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by TalkingBird: 3:41pm On Mar 15
Nigerians will do the contract

Nigerians will share the money

Nigerians will not do anything.

A people so badly hypnotized worldwide remain and cry in pains until a global relief comes
Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by Mozegee: 3:42pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Akpabio stays.
He is going nowhere
look at you defending criminals.of what use are they to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by lexy2014: 3:44pm On Mar 15
copyrites:
Mindset

nairalanda1, is it because of fuel subsidy that the senate is going to install one street light at this cost?

I thought you said the government has no money and that Nigerians need to be taxed some more?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by aribisala0(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15
HRMK:
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THE TYPE OF STREET LIGHT THAT WILL SWALLOW 184MILLION EACH?IS IT FOR A STREET IN HEAVEN OR THIS PLANET EARTH?NAWA OOO........
This is a very good point
What I find annoying is Ningi did not talk about this at all instead he was talking about.short changing the North.,Tinubu and Akpabio
His approach is a disservice to Nigerians

Now my understanding of constituency projects and budgets is that There has to be compliance with the procurement Act

Generally most budgets do not achieve up to 40% completion of constituency projects like this but there are some which are not projects like support for traditional rulers

The history is this . Under Obasanjo the simply. would not pass.The budget if those things are not included

He would then sign and simply not execute and they played cat and mouse on this issue

What I personally find frustrating is the reaction of citizens who do not know the history or background and seem incapable of channelling their anger and outrage
1. The fact that an item appears in the budget does not mean it will happen
It depends on government finding the money or being able to borrow
So people especially young people need to educate themselves so they can engage with issues in a way that yields results and not just ranting online

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves N212 Billion To Install 1,150 Streetlights; N184 Million Each. by nams77: 3:45pm On Mar 15
aribisala0:

Dunce there is corruption going on and you have convicted Akpabio??
Your agenda is aborted

If you are sincere. Recognise that the Senate and House of Representatives are equal partners in passing the budget . Singling out Akpabio shows you are a hypocrite

My friend shut up!!!! For crying out loud does it matter whether he mentioned house of rep or senate? These ediots are looting our collective resources and you are here yapping about akpabio. By the way did op mention akpabio in his post?
It is M0rons like you I pity the most. After shouting yourself hoarse in defence of these thieves, you are given peanut (30k) while their children enjoy the loot. Imp

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

El-rufai With Super Eagles Players In Kaduna (Photos) / IGP Ibrahim Idris Celebrates His 59th Birthday As His Wife Surprises Him / Kogi 2019: Wada Camp Kicks Against Dino, Says ‘you Are A Comedian, Not Fit"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.