Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Come In And Share Your Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Come In And Share Your Experience (1886 Views)

What Was Your First Weed Experience Like? Come And Share Your Stories / Why Are Women like this? See this,Judge for Yourself and share your experience / My Cousin Is Tripping Badly, Please Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 8:20pm On Mar 16
Do you have a fear of public speaking? Or you struggled with it in the past but somehow found a way to overcome it, I'd like you to please share your experience with it and how it has impacted your life.
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by EreluRoz: 8:25pm On Mar 16
I always shy away from public speaking, I'm so shy

2 Likes

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Jeon(f): 8:26pm On Mar 16
No, but I'm selective.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by ayjay45: 8:28pm On Mar 16
Jennyclay come in and share your experience
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Solofresh2: 8:47pm On Mar 16
I have wanted to create a thread about this. I am a naturally shy person and the day I decided to stop it,I was so proud of myself. It's a gradual process. You don't have to be an extrovert to overcome shyness. I learnt this myself. You need to be very bold and don't care about what people will say and suspend your pride.Be real and be true to yourself.
Again,don't care about what people will say

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 8:49pm On Mar 16
EreluRoz:
Same here! I have a presentation coming up soon and I'm so nervous. Introversion, shyness and public speaking are a terrible mix.

1 Like

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Balablue64: 8:52pm On Mar 16
EreluRoz:
But you have diarrhea fingers on nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 8:53pm On Mar 16
Jeon:
No, but I'm selective.
In what way? The audience or speech content?
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by funkemary(f): 8:56pm On Mar 16
No, I'm not shy to speak in public. I am just usually nervous

2 Likes

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 8:59pm On Mar 16
Just like that lady said .. it's selective with me too ... Depends on who, where and what I'm speaking to or on...

Alcohol helps too ...

Most times I force myself to do it and damn the resulting situation that comes after ...
Brace yourself though.. you're gonna get real sweaty ...
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 9:02pm On Mar 16
Solofresh2:
I have wanted to create a thread about this. I am a naturally shy person and the day I decided to stop it,I was so proud of myself. It's a gradual process. You don't have to be an extrovert to overcome shyness. I learnt this myself. You need to be very bold and don't care about what people will say and suspend your pride.Be real and be true to yourself.
Again,don't care about what people will say
Thank you for your contribution, i guess exposure is really the solution.
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by EreluRoz: 9:04pm On Mar 16
Balablue64:

But you have diarrhea fingers on nairaland.
That's how we are. If all nairaland members should physically gather in one place, nobody will ever believe I'm the one sitting quietly in one corner

1 Like

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16
funkemary:
No, I'm not shy to speak in public. I am just usually nervous
to be shy is to be nervous ...

They practically mean the same thing..

1 Like

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16
EreluRoz:
That's how we are. If all nairaland members should physically gather in one place, nobody will ever believe I'm the one sitting quietly in one corner
lol .. this is surprising.. grin
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 9:10pm On Mar 16
Silentgroper:
Just like that lady said .. it's selective with me too ... Depends on who, where and what I'm speaking to or on...

Alcohol helps too ...

Most times I force myself to do it and damn the resulting situation that comes after ...
Brace yourself though.. you're gonna get real sweaty ...
How about in professional setting, like a work presentation or something? I don't think alcohol would be appropriate for that. The sweaty part is so true.
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by chatinent: 9:11pm On Mar 16
So Una don chop to dey see voice talk for public?
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by EreluRoz: 9:12pm On Mar 16
Silentgroper:
lol .. this is surprising.. grin
That's my reality but inside house na me get everywhere

1 Like

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by GreatVocalist: 9:14pm On Mar 16
When you have an indepth knowledge of what you want to talk about, confidence and boldness will come.

Don't focus too much on the performance. Know and understand what you want to talk about really well, the rest will take care of itself.

Trust me.

I have social anxiety, and I'm a teacher. I teach a group of really smart students, and quite a number of them. I make sure I try to know what I want to teach before anything else, and that gives me enough confidence that I need.

Just get in front of your audience, start, and you'll find your ground asap. If you're a believer in Christ, please pray.

Break a leg!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16
EreluRoz:
That's my reality but inside house na me get everywhere

Which is you in actuality??

- I don't do much talking
- I get frightened when I want to talk...
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16
GreatVocalist:
When you have an indepth knowledge of what you want to talk about, confidence and boldness will come.

Don't focus too much on the performance. Know and understand what you want to talk about really well, the rest will take care of itself.

Trust me.

I have social anxiety, and I'm a teacher. I teach a group of really smart students, and quite a number of them. I make sure I try to know what I want to teach before anything else, and that gives me enough confidence that I need.

Just get in front of your audience, start, and you'll find your ground asap.

Break a leg!
Apt .. Just very Apt ..

Having that indepth knowledge about knowing what you want to say would just boost you up ..

I also have that anxiety too..
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:23pm On Mar 16
LotaTee:
How about in professional setting, like a work presentation or something? I don't think alcohol would be appropriate for that. The sweaty part is so true.

* you obviously wouldn't take that much that would have you all the way tipsy/drunk ..

* Take the ones that doesn't have an odour .. no one would know ..
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by EreluRoz: 9:23pm On Mar 16
Silentgroper:

Which is you in actuality??

- I don't do much talking
- I get frightened when I want to talk...

I don't do much talking in reality
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 9:30pm On Mar 16
Great vocalist, thank you for those pearls. I know you must be an amazing teacher, your students are privileged!
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Solofresh2: 9:30pm On Mar 16
LotaTee:
Thank you for your contribution, i guess exposure is really the solution.
It's not really about exposure. It is about the confidence and boldness to confront people that matters. You can be exposed without confidence
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 9:31pm On Mar 16
Silentgroper:

* you obviously wouldn't take that much that would have you all the way tipsy/drunk ..

* Take the ones that doesn't have an odour .. no one would know ..
Be for real๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 9:39pm On Mar 16
Solofresh2:
It's not really about exposure. It is about the confidence and boldness to confront people that matters. You can be exposed without confidence
I meant exposure to public speaking, social situations generally. Doing it over and over reinforces one's confidence, from what I gathered from your response and others.
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16
LotaTee:
Be for real๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm dead serious...

I do that alot ...

Just don't take beers, Gins and whatnots ..

Take brandys and vodkas .. no one would perceive shiit...
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by LotaTee: 9:42pm On Mar 16
Silentgroper:
I'm dead serious...

I do that alot ...

Just don't take beers, Gins and whatnots ..

Take brandys and vodkas .. no one would perceive shiit...
In short, you're a high functioning drunk. lipsrsealed
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16
EreluRoz:

I don't do much talking in reality
you're introverted... Which means you're still liable to talk someone to death.. grin grin

Could that be what cul.er was trying to avoid...

grin grin
Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16
LotaTee:
In short, you're a high functioning drunk. lipsrsealed
grin grin not exactly ... As I don't get drunk ... cool

1 Like

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Solofresh2: 9:59pm On Mar 16
LotaTee:
I meant exposure to public speaking, social situations generally. Doing it over and over reinforces one's confidence, from what I gathered from your response and others.
oga Self Confidence and boldness is what matters in addressing a multitude of people.Even if you are exposed with low self esteem, anybody can challenge you and you will be back to your shyness mode.With self confidence and boldness, you will always stand your ground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Come In And Share Your Experience by Silentgroper(m): 10:49pm On Mar 16
Solofresh2:
oga Self Confidence and boldness is what matters in addressing a multitude of people.Even if you are exposed with low self esteem, anybody can challenge you and you will be back to your shyness mode.With self confidence and boldness, you will always stand your ground
you two are saying the same thing..

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Likes Me How Do I Know? / Happy Birthday Lauryn! / Jose Mourinho's Secret Affair Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.