Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! (1867 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

I do not have time for endless arguments.

As you already know that since the kings come from the people, the law is for all.

So you can keep turning it as you like, it does not change that fact especially as I have already seen that turn turn na your way.

You still argue it.
You can't force me to accept your misinformation.

GOD directed the word to KINGS, and not to the PEOPLE.
What's difficult for you to understand here?
GOD could have said YOU ALL, but He said, THE KING...
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:11pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

Why did GOD then direct the statement to KINGS and not to the people?

GOD did not say, "NONE of you must multiply horses/wives to yourself…" but GOD said, The king must not…

If GOD is against marrying two wives, why did GOD say this to a man who has two wives:

Deuteronomy 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ IF A MAN HAVE TWO WIVES, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
¹⁶ Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
¹⁷ But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

Repeat mode has been engaged!
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:11pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

You still argue it. GOD directed the word to KINGS, and not to the PEOPLE.
What's difficult for you to understand here?
GOD could have said YOU ALL, but He said, THE KING.

Repeat mode in session!
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

Repeat mode has been engaged!

truespeak:

Repeat mode in session!

I am providing BIBLE REFERENCE to back up my claims.

Where is yours?

Twisting and bending the Bible to rhyme with your thoughts will never work with me.

Show me where GOD said POLYGAMY is a sin.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:14pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:

The verse was clear that the instructions was to the king and that many wives was what God forbade for the king, two, three is not many, so a king is permitted to have two or three or any number deemed fit as “not many”

Stop adding to God’s word and stop twisting it. Have a nice day

You are the one adding to the bible and technically blaspheming God by calling Him unholy. Which is why it is people like you who gave atheists a reason to blaspheme God.

I respectfully you and all of you saying this
["from where would the king come from? Is it from the sky or amongst the people of Israel?

And thank God you said tto get a better understanding you we should start from verse 14, "When you come to the land that the LORD your God is giving you, and you possess it.." who is the "you" there? Is it a King or the people?

And in line with this Law did God ever choose a king having wives?

You refused to answer because you know that the Answer has destroyed all your beliefs.

And in addition to the questions above did you see anywhere, where God Said 2 or 3 is not many wives?

Whereas, The Law is on an unmarried person being permitted to marry his fellow unmarried opposite sex.

No WHERE DOES GOD SAY A MARRIED MAN/WOMAN CAN MARRY ANOTHER UNMARRIED/MARRIED MAN! ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE.

So stop relying on people who broke The Law. Follow those who kept The Law and God even called them "PERFECT".

And stop making The Holy God, Unholy and a person Who condones Adultery if you can sneak it by Him by marrying the person you commit the adultery and fornication.

This is what you yourself told Jw when they bring up their mad lies and sins that make God look unholy!

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

I do not have time for endless arguments.

As you already know that since the kings come from the people, the law is for all.

So you can keep turning it as you like, it does not change that fact especially as I have already seen that turn turn na your way.

If you don't have time for endless arguments, then you shouldn't have interfered.

I provided several Bible passages to back up my claims, you and Veecruz had none that rhymes. Then what is your argument that lacks Bible support?
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:16pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

I am providing BIBLE REFERENCE to back up my claims.

Where is yours?

Twisting and bending the Bible to rhyme with your thoughts will never work with me.

Show me where GOD said POLYGAMY is a sin.

Repeat mode still ongoing. I'm out!
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:18pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

You lie some more and now you have reached the status of Satan the Liar, for Deuteronomy 17:17 is in the bible, Extra 10:1-3 is in a bible and thou shalt not commit Adultery is in the bible.

And neither were you able to show how a second woman can enter to be a wife without breaking The Law and committing Adultery as proven by this case Re: Marrying A Second Wife Good Or Bad I Need Ur Opinion by Blunttruth: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
Trustedapparel:
I am a married man with 2kids but their is one big lady that I met she loves me very much ....since I Bleep that lady I can't get my eyes of her ....I have been thinking about her since after the marathon sex we hard last month... honestly I want to make her my second wife ...

From the beginning of this debate to the end you have been exposing yourself that you are a liar and shamelessly lying left and right, even lying against the meaning of Adultery until you finally took the correction, thereof, a person full of vile affections and lust full thoughts clearly proving God has given you over to a reprobate mind filled with all unrighteousness, fornications and a covenant breaker.

And since you are not able to make any further argument you just have to repeat and repeat yourself like a scratched CD in proof that

"There is no valid argument against the Truth"!. So bye.

Abeg, leave that guy. im brain don freeze for repeat mode.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:20pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

I provided several Bible passages to back up my claims, you and Veecruz had none that rhymes. Then what is your argument that lacks Bible support?[/color][/b]

And all were proven wrong which is why you are now desperately repeating yourself.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:20pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

You are the one adding to the bible and technically blaspheming God by calling Him unholy. Which is why it is people like you who gave atheists a reason to blaspheme God.

I respectfully you and all of you saying this
["from where would the king come from? Is it from the sky or amongst the people of Israel?

And thank God you said tto get a better understanding you we should start from verse 14, "When you come to the land that the LORD your God is giving you, and you possess it.." who is the "you" there? Is it a King or the people?

And in line with this Law did God ever choose a king having wives?

You refused to answer because you know that the Answer has destroyed all your beliefs.

And in addition to the questions above did you see anywhere, where God Said 2 or 3 is not many wives?

Whereas, The Law is on an unmarried person being permitted to marry his fellow unmarried opposite sex.

No WHERE DOES GOD SAY A MARRIED MAN/WOMAN CAN MARRY ANOTHER UNMARRIED/MARRIED MAN! ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE.

So stop relying on people who broke The Law. Follow those who kept The Law and God even called them "PERFECT".

And stop making The Holy God, Unholy and a person Who condones Adultery if you can sneak it by Him by marrying the person you commit the adultery and fornication.

This is what you yourself told Jw when they bring up their mad lies and sins that make God look unholy!

grin grin grin
You'd keep making mistakes because it's clear you don't understand the Bible!
You can never make GOD look unholy, because GOD is holy.
How many men in the Bible were called perfect?
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:24pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

No mind dem o jare. Dey defend the indefensible like say e go save dem.

Dem no know God.

And it is crazy that the people who claim Christians and one wife are not here. Obviously, they secretly nurse the ambition of committing adultery and then marrying the the person they commit it, thinking that they have deceived God! Hmm, people go burn.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

And all were proven wrong which is why you are now desperately repeating yourself.

grin cheesy cheesy
You proved the Bible wrong with the Bible or with your personal words?

I said I'll expose your ignorance, you think I'm joking. Now you've been making mistakes in your lies now.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

Repeat mode still ongoing. I'm out!

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Sure, you must chicken out because you can't continue to defend your errors.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:31pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

Dem no know God.

And it is crazy that the people who claim Christians and one wife are not here. Obviously, they secretly nurse the ambition of committing adultery and then marrying the the person they commit it, thinking that they have deceived God! Hmm, people go burn.

Who burn naim bring am on imself.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:37pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

grin grin grin
You'd keep making mistakes because it's clear you don't understand the Bible!
You can never make GOD look unholy, because GOD is holy.
How many men in the Bible were called perfect?

It is known that God is Holy but it is also known that people like you blaspheme and profane His Holiness

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:42pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

grin cheesy cheesy
You proved the Bible wrong with the Bible or with your personal words?

I said I'll expose your ignorance, you think I'm joking. Now you've been making mistakes in your lies now.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

None of which you could counter which is why you are repeating and repeating yourself as you try to find how you can reargue.

But, there is NO ROAD! Now you are waiting for what you think is a mistake, exactly like devil lying in wait. grin

No Road! Devil, Absolutely No Road! grin

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:44pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

That's what "There is no valid argument against the Truth" means.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

None of which you could counter which is why you are repeating and repeating yourself as you try to find how you can reargue.

But, there is NO ROAD! Now you are waiting for what you think is a mistake, exactly like devil lying in wait. grin

No Road! Devil, Absolutely No Road! grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I countered your ignorance and lies with accurate verses from the Bible, you rebuffed.

Now, because your lies became too much, you said you countered the Bible verses I gave you, with what? Your personal opinion or with the Bible?

Answer me on that. Defend this and let's see when the Bible began to counter itself.

grin grin grin
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 2:48pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

So, because he can not bear the shame that his beliefs were wrong the evil is now waiting hoping that I'll make a mistake he can use to turn his shame and disgrace around.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

It is known that God is Holy but it is also known that people like you blaspheme and profane His Holiness

I said you're ignorant, you think you're smart.

How can you profane the HOLINESS of GOD? GOD is in Heaven, you're here on Earth. You can only profane yourself and not GOD'S HOLINESS.

Sit down, be humble, and learn.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:50pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

Ha! The guy does have screws loose for I have been watching all this time. He reminds me of that mad guy you dealt with some years back, can't remenber his name.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

So, because he can not bear the shame that his beliefs were wrong the evil is now waiting hoping that I'll make a mistake he can use to turn his shame and disgrace around.

Even those who saw your errors and ignorance called your attention to it, but you think you're still right, but only in your own eyes.

Go read through those who answered you.

You are just trying to apply damage control since your errors were exposed!

Waiting for you to make a mistake? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Really?
You've made so many mistakes that I've been calling your attention to! cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Your mistakes are glaring!
*You said you countered the Bible with the Bible.
*You said you can profane the HOLINESS of GOD.
*You said marriage is adultery.

What more? Let me go check… grin grin grin

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 2:53pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

I have come to the conclusion that he is mad. No sane person argues in this manner.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

I have come to the conclusion that he is mad. No sane person argues in this manner.

They said the same thing too about our LORD JESUS CHRIST. cheesy cheesy cheesy since they could not understand His sayings.

“And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?”
— John 10:20 (KJV)

Does the above verse ring a bell to you Veecruz and truespeak?

The word of GOD has been catching you since the beginning of your comments.
Come and say more.

Call me Devil, mad; call me more… it does not stick to me.

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 3:03pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

Are the whole people kings?[/c
I've answered you but you rebuffed because the truth is not what you wanted to hear but your confused interpretation.

NOW YOU HAVE IMPLIEDLY CONFESSED THAT DEUTERONOMY 17:14-17 IS ABOUT THE WHOLE PEOPLE! grin grin grin grin

And it is clear that any 1 or 2 of the "whole people" could be Kings.

So YOU STILL NO ROAD
. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

NOW YOU HAVE IMPLIEDLY CONFESSED THAT DEUTERONOMY 17:14-17 IS ABOUT THE WHOLE PEOPLE! grin grin grin grin

And it is clear that any 1 or 2 of the "whole people" could be Kings.

So YOU STILL NO ROAD
. grin grin grin

Now I see where your problem is… it is the spirit of deception and trickery, and difficulty understanding English.

Now you've lost words and resorted to twisting my comments too. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I asked, Are the whole people kings?
You said I have called them kings.
Your English teachers should refund all your fees from Primary School to the level you attained. They failed you.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 3:05pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

I disagree sha ooo. He is evil and very evil and a Liar, but he is sane. He just cannot believe that his entire hopes and belief in God has been broken to pieces, as he would now show that he is an atheists as we have destroyed one of his solid hopes.

The perverted guy was foolishly hoping and secretly praying that God would give him people's wives and girlfriends. What a LovePeddler chasergrin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

I disagree sha ooo. He is evil and very evil and a Liar, but he is sane.

I am evil for insisting on the truth of the Bible?

Lies can never unite without parting asunder!

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by truespeak: 3:09pm On Mar 24
Veecruz:

Hmm!
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:13pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

Veecruz:

Double account responding to yourself really funny! cheesy
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 3:14pm On Mar 24
truespeak:

Hmm!

Are you shocked they called our LORD JESUS CHRIST the same you both had been calling me? cheesy cheesy cheesy

No… it just proves whose sides you both are on.

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Veecruz: 3:17pm On Mar 24
Westerhoffe:

I am evil for insisting on the truth of the Bible?

Lies can never unite without parting asunder!

Says the Liar who is even right now still lying forgetting that all the times he lied are solidly plastered all over the thread and seen by all. You are a devil, full and full and doing everything your father Satan does. grin grin grin

No Road, son of Satan, absolutely no Road! Case Closed grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God Dosnt Feel! / Micro Chip Already Being Implanted On Usa Citizen...hmmm End Time Indeed / Why Is Salt Used During Deliverance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.