Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! (2224 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 7:43pm On Apr 24
StillDtruth:

As, long as that husband was someonelse's husband, it is adultery!

Which someone else's husband? undecided
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 8:14pm On Apr 24
Westerhoffe:

Which someone else's husband? undecided

Any someoneelse's husband eg Omotola's husband!
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24
StillDtruth:

Any someoneelse's husband eg Omotola's husband!

Finding the quoted in the Bible…
Omotola's husband... In what Book of the Bible is that found? undecided

Case Study II: King David.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 7:06am On Apr 25
Westerhoffe:

Finding the quoted in the Bible…
Omotola's husband... In what Book of the Bible is that found? undecided

Case Study II: King David.

This thread and the other one shows you and otherrs have already argued based David's case and you got no thing out of it. So, you have no thing.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 11:28am On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

This thread and the other one shows you and otherrs have already argued based David's case and you got no thing out of it. So, you have no thing.

Got nothing out of it? Yet they all pointed out your errors, countering and ruling out your erroneous doctrines?
For the fact that it is too difficult for you to believe does not make it nothing, you just ain't indepth enough to understand them!
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 9:05pm On Apr 25
Westerhoffe:

[b]Got nothing out of it? Yet they all pointed out your errors, countering and ruling out your erroneous doctrines?

And the threads shows i answered them and all of then ran away being unable to reply, so as i have said, you have nothing to say.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

And the threads shows i answered them and all of then ran away being unable to reply, so as i have said, you have nothing to say.

They did not reply to you anymore does not mean they have nothing to say, they just don't see you reasonable enough to reply to due to your baffling ignorance.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 10:18pm On Apr 25
Westerhoffe:

They did not reply to you anymore does not mean they have nothing to say, they just don't see you reasonable enough to reply to due to your baffling ignorance.

You Lie!

It is known that when people do not have any.reasonable argument to give, they must go silent Which is why no new person has even walked in to continue the argument on their behalf because

"There is no valid argument against a Truth

It is absolutely impossible to make any valid argument against the Truth.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by gohf: 10:59pm On Apr 25
Westerhoffe:

And when the man is her husband, is it still adultery?
no ser
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 11:04pm On Apr 25
gohf:
no ser

When did adultery stop if bigamy enters following when a married person marries his co adultererr?

bigamy. noun. big·​a·​my ˈbi-gə-mē : the crime of marrying someone while already married to someone else

As i asked, would you stop callkng your wife an adulterer when she goes and marries the man she cheated with?
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 11:08pm On Apr 25
O God please come and let all these abominations and desecratiions end all.these carried away to their eternal rewards.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 11:59pm On Apr 25
gohf:
no ser

That's what StillDlies is finding difficult to accept.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 12:02am On Apr 26
StillDtruth:

You Lie!

It is known that when people do not have any.reasonable argument to give, they must go silent Which is why no new person has even walked in to continue the argument on their behalf because

You lie about that first paragraph.
Didn't you tell me same despite fully engaging you and exposing your ignorance all long?

They just don't see you as reasonable to explain anything to because they see you hate the truth, full of ignorance but arguing blindly.
So, they just ignore you to your ignorance.

And all the truth I've been opening your eyes to, how many have you accepted?
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 6:13am On Apr 26
Westerhoffe:

You lie about that first paragraph.
Didn't you tell me same despite fully engaging you and exposing your ignorance all long?

They just don't see you as reasonable to explain anything to because they see you hate the truth, full of ignorance but arguing blindly.
So, they just ignore you to your ignorance.

And all the truth I've been opening your eyes to, how many have you accepted?

You lying the.whole way

The thread shows i told you that when you could not give any valid argument.

And since then till tomorrow you have not given.any.as proven by my saying 'you don't have anything to say"

And you have still not said anything which.you did not say in the threads, which made me tell you that you have no reasonable argument to give.

Which is why the only thing you have done since you ran away and came back is to repeat the same arguments you could not answer, thereby proving that you have no reasomable argument to make, so you don't have anything to say now as you did not have then.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by gohf: 7:55am On Apr 26
StillDtruth:

When did adultery stop if bigamy enters following when a married person marries his co adultererr?

bigamy. noun. big·​a·​my ˈbi-gə-mē : the crime of marrying someone while already married to someone else

As i asked, would you stop callkng your wife an adulterer when she goes and marries the man she cheated with?
you have answered the question already

YOUR WIFE goes and joins herself with another man, that's adultery.

A wife doesn't own herself, she isn't the Lord or husband.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 8:14am On Apr 26
gohf:
you have answered the question already

YOUR WIFE goes and joins herself with another man, that's adultery.

A wife doesn't own herself, she isn't the Lord or husband.

And it is the husband who owns himself abi?

And you are saying adultery is partial and selective to only women?

And you say you are christian when it is known that God is no respecter of person?

And you pretended not to see that the adultery of the man still stands even though he goes ahead to commit another crime called bigamy

bigamy. noun. big·​a·​my ˈbi-gə-mē : the crime of marrying someone while already married to someone else.

You dont have any valid thibg to say on this matter and all that is left is that you have set your ninds to commit adulteries, so go ahead with your adulteries as the bible has already prophecied that you must do.

When God comes we will all see where it takes you people to.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by gohf: 8:29am On Apr 26
StillDtruth:

And it is the husband who owns himself abi?

And you are saying adultery is partial and selective to only women?

And you say you are christian when it is known that God is no respecter of person?

And you pretended not to see that the adultery of the man still stands even though he goes ahead to commit another crime called bigamy

bigamy. noun. big·​a·​my ˈbi-gə-mē : the crime of marrying someone while already married to someone else.

You dont have any valid thibg to say on this matter and all that is left is that you have set your ninds to commit adulteries, so go ahead with your adulteries as the bible has already prophecied that you must do.

you do ask rhetorical questions sha.

Read your bible na, or read research materials online before go about things you have little knowledge on.

Which one is am I saying, you see yourself. I am not the one who said it nor taught it. The very Hebrews whom the law was given to have a dictionary. Go and read it.

Guy face the cause of your problems, I didn't start any conversation with you. If you can't accept what exist live in your imagination.

People perish for lack of knowledge, for ignorance and to you your ignorance may be bliss.

Don't know why you are telling me about bigamy like I argue it with you. Stop running with the little knowledge you have and SIT STILL AND LEARN.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 10:27am On Apr 26
gohf:
you do ask rhetorical questions sha.

O you want me to ask you the questions directly as if you do not know the answers? Oh i.understand noe, you also have different answer.

So lets hear your answer

Does the husband own himself ?

Do you say that adultery only works against women?

Do you say that God only punishes women for adultery.and does not/will not punish the man who commits adultery?

And do you not to see that the adultery of the man still stands even though he goes ahead to commit another crime called bigamy?

gohf:

Don't know why you are telling me about bigamy like I argue it with you. Stop running with the little knowledge you have and SIT STILL AND LEARN.

I will tell you about bigamy, because you say it is not adultery when the truth shows that married man, commits adultery first, since he is already married.

Then if he goes ahead to marry his co-adulterer, he then adds bigamy to it.

And polygamy is bigamy!

Si, you dont have any valid thibg to say on this matter and all that is left is that you have set your ninds to commit adulteries, so go ahead with your adulteries as the bible has already prophecied that you must do.

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by NiRfreak(m): 8:45pm On Apr 26
Veecruz is an example of very shallow hypocritical Christians that Litter Nigeria today, full of hate and self-righteousness like the Pharisees...only that their phariseeism derives out of new testament unlike the old testament pharisees.
They labour to win argument about what is not inferred in the Bible. It's a shame they have their distorted view of righteousness they believe everyone must conform to but here, they break the law everytime...and cant manifest the spirit power of a Christian. Just empty noise.

How can you use a straightforward scripture and keep twisting it to mean something else...isnt that narcissism and self-righteousness?
Even Jesus never taught polygamy as sin.....Jesus was only against divorcing any woman u marry...either one or two cos it will encourage that woman to be sexually immoral and suffer out there (and only by adultery did Jesus advise divorce)......

The issue of looking at a woman lustfully can still apply to a single man before he married his single monogamous wife if hypocritical Nigerian Christians will tell us a married man must have lusted after (fornicated with) the second woman before making her a wife.....
Meanwhile, 90-95% of these Christians never did or obey 'no sex before marriage' and will be first to attack polygamy..very callous myopic hypocrites..

Abraham is the father of anything called Faith today ..he had about 4 wives..and concubines.
Moses that gave us the law had more than one wife....are you fooolish Christian more holy and righteous than Moses and Abraham? If it was not counted as sin or Adultery by God why do u think God now make it so in our time...are u guys okay? Do you think ur rightousness can match that of Moses or Abram.....
David was a man after Gods heart....God never punished him for having 8 wives..but for commiting adultery by sleeping with another mans wife....isn't this a proof that u can be a polygamist and still be righteous?
Elkannah..in 1 Samuel 1 ..the Bible says..there was a man called Elkannah who had two wives, one is Pelinah, second is Hannah...same Hannah gave birth to Samuel one of the greatest seer in the bible..what's wrong with u Christians of today with ur fake holiness... Elkannah was considered righteous even in the Bible.

The nation of Israel who God says are my people, and his firstborn came out from polygamous relationship of 4 wives to a man called Jacob! If polygamy was so wrong why did God allow the lineage of his own people to start from polygamy? Why did Jesus have to come from this same polygamous beginning of 12 tribes of Israel.... Nigerian Christians are embarrassment. And can be so ignorant, shallow, and hypocritic....that's why, Muslim are ruling this country cos we are all liars, selfish and hypocrites.
A CHRISTIAN or even a pastor will have one wife and 5 side chics , yet will tell u his own relationship/marriage is better than a responsible man with 3 wives with no side chick? Una need cane for head.

3 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 10:46pm On Apr 26
StillDtruth:

You lying the.whole way

The thread shows i told you that when you could not give any valid argument.

And since then till tomorrow you have not given.any.as proven by my saying 'you don't have anything to say"

And you have still not said anything which.you did not say in the threads, which made me tell you that you have no reasonable argument to give.

Which is why the only thing you have done since you ran away and came back is to repeat the same arguments you could not answer, thereby proving that you have no reasomable argument to make, so you don't have anything to say now as you did not have then.

The most hilarious comment I've ever heard today is the "…ran away and came back…"

So, in your puny mind, you thought I couldn't come online to Nairaland because of you? REALLY?
What the heck!

I don't need to tell you my movements. So that wish of yours is a total disappointment to you.

And I'll still say same thing you have not been able to process all along, that polygamy is not a sin, because GOD did not in anywhere in the Bible condemn it.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 8:32am On Apr 27
Westerhoffe:

The most hilarious comment I've ever heard today is the "…ran away and came back…"

So, in your puny mind, you thought I couldn't come online to Nairaland because of you? REALLY?
What the heck!

I don't need to tell you my movements. So that wish of yours is a total disappointment to you.

Don't care. Your action proves you ran away after your disgrace and embarrasment and you only returned after the pain of your disgrace passed.

But, i dont csre. What i care about is that you have been told, so now go and do as you wish to do, and when God comes we will all see where it takes you people to.

Westerhoffe:

And I'll still say same thing you have not been able to process all along, that polygamy is not a sin, because GOD did not in anywhere in the Bible condemn it.[/b]

And i have shown that you are a liar and blaspheming God for polygamy is adulery and bigamy.

And thd bible Said "Thou shalt not commit adultery".
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 10:31am On Apr 27
StillDtruth:

Don't care. Your action proves you ran away after your disgrace and embarrasment and you only returned after the pain of your disgrace passed.

But, i dont csre. What i care about is that you have been told, so now go and do as you wish to do, and when God comes we will all see where it takes you people to.

And i have shown that you are a liar and blaspheming God for polygamy is adulery and bigamy.

You see? That's how you've always lied all along!
You only said that to make yourself sound intellectual, but you just sound dumb and dunce with that, which proves you as the liar and deceiver you've always been.

You checked and saw I was completely offline through all that time; and it's very very hilarious to think I left because of a liar and deceiver like you!? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Not even Sisterfire, Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse, or Aemmyjah will agree with you on that, unless they just want to take your side.

I know you were so glad I was away for over that one month after I dragged you, embarrassed your poor intelligence, and exposed all your lies on this forum. I know you were so disappointed to see me return again to continue to drag, expose, and embarrass your lies.

And until duty calls again, I am back for you.
I have all the time to engage you fiercely and squarely.

So, back to where we stopped, Give me the Biblical passages where GOD said it is adultery for a man to marry more than one wife.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 10:38am On Apr 27
StillDtruth:

You Lie!

Replying to the bolded in the quoted, yes, there is no valid argument against a truth. But when it is a lie portrayed to make it look like the truth, there will always be valid counters against such; and this is what I have been dishing out to you in every angles.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 10:41am On Apr 27
StillDtruth:

Now explain Adultery.
If polygamy is adultery, will GOD not have spoken against it?
Why did GOD instead give a directive on how a polygamous man should share his inheritance among his children?

Answer this without your usual hypocrisy and deceptive motives.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 10:49am On Apr 27
Westerhoffe:

Replying to the bolded in the quoted, yes, there is no valid argument against a truth. But when it is a lie portrayed to make it look like the truth, there will always be valid counters against such; and this is what I have been dishing out to you in every angles.

Presenting counters is not "there is no valid argument against the Truth"

"there is no valid argument against the Truth" occurs when an opponent cannot answer the last point of argument and therefore, he starts to repeat hinself.

Which is why i have been saying you have said everything before and it ended when you had nothing to say which is where i closed the matter saying "there is no valid argument against the Truth"

So, you have no valid argument, So. go and carry yourselelf and your wives to God's Court and we shall see what shall hapoen to you. So, journey dey go dia. I no stop you.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 10:53am On Apr 27
StillDtruth:

"there is no valid argument against the Truth" occurs when an opponent cannot answer the last point of argument and therefore, he starts to repeat hinself.

Which is why i have been saying you have said everything before and it ended when you had nothing to say which is where i closed the matter saying "there is no valid argument against the Truth"

So, you have no valid argument, So. go and carry yourselelf and your wives to God's Court and we shall see what shall hapoen to you. So, journey dey go dia. I no stop you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Can't you see that's what you have been doing?
I'm back for you, and we're just starting afresh.

Give me your evidences from the Bible where GOD said, "It is adultery for a man to have more than one wife; before or after GOD told David He would have given more and more of such to David instead of him taking the wife of Uriah."
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Aemmyjah(m): 10:58am On Apr 27
StillDtruth:

You're just wasting your time with that guy
He'll drag you until this thread reach 100 pages
You better use your time for someone worthwhile
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 11:00am On Apr 27
Aemmyjah:

I'm glad you came again, but this isn't what I was expecting from you.

And remember you and I still have an unfinished discussion…
I think it's time we iron it out now as you promised.

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by Aemmyjah(m): 11:05am On Apr 27
I don't know why I'm being tagged here or my brother Maxindhouse especially by the same person that has always attacked us

God's standard of marriage is
1 man and[b] 1 woman=[/b] 1 flesh
Later, Jesus reinstates that standard when he said a man must stick to his wife (singular )

Choosing to acknowledge polygamy just because Jesus did not say you should not practice polygamy equally means someone can say he wants to do every other thing that is morally questionable as long as Jesus himself did not say so. Jesus simply said a man should stick to his wife...

Why not even go and carry concubines and slaves na since all the people you mentioned were polygamous equally had this.

A true Christian and worshipper of God will obey God and Christians stick to one wife... Anything more than that is greed and does not have God's approval

Happy weekend 😁
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 11:08am On Apr 27
Aemmyjah:

Thanks! I am closing the door on him.
Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by FayaBall: 11:10am On Apr 27
Aemmyjah:

My thoughts exactly

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! by StillDtruth: 11:19am On Apr 27
Westerhoffe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Can't you see that's what you have been doing?
I'm back for you, and we're just starting afresh.

Give me your evidences from the Bible where GOD said, "It is adultery for a man to have more than one wife; before or after GOD told David He would have given more and more of such to David instead of him taking the wife of Uriah."

grin grin grin Repeating yourself and trying to reargue after you couldn't argue before is proof of "There is no valid argunent against the Truth' grin grin grin

You said all these before in the threads and my.answers are there for you to knock yourself out with, grin

So, go have fun with the threads, since you are saying the same things you said in the threads which have all been answered. grin

So enjoy the threads and repeat yourself crazy till you go madder than what you have already played out igrin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? / Did Joseph Legally Separate From Mary After Jesus' Birth? / Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.