Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko (1381 Views)

Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko / Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency / Kwamoti Laori: Each Rep Gets N100m For Constituency Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 11:45am On Mar 17
A senator representing Delta North. Senatorial District, Ned Nwoko, has claimed that he received more than N1 billion for constituency projects in the 2024 budget.

Nwoko corroborated Senator Ali Ndume’s claims that the allocation of resources to the legislators often varies based on the magnitude of their constituency projects, indicating that it’s not uncommon for some, including himself, to receive larger amounts.

“Senators get what they lobby for, not because they have the right to it. Everybody just goes about doing what they can do for their constituencies and senatorial districts.

“A better approach would have been for senatorial uniformity. So if they say that everyone should get about N1 billion, be it. But this way, you rely on your weight and contacts to see what you can get for your people.

We are not talking about money for the senators. This is for projects within our senatorial districts. If you have road, water, or training programmes, all should aggregate to a particular amount,” the lawmaker revealed in a podcast released on Saturday.

Asked if he got as much as N1 billion in allocation, the senator replied, “Of course, I did. That’s why I am who I am. But these are projects for my people.”

Nwoko’s revelation is coming amid the recent controversy of budget padding alleged by Senator Abdul Ningi of the 2024 budget with an extra N3.7 trillion, a fund not tied to any extra project.

While the Red Chamber has denied any wrongdoing, some senators have come out to clarify the amount allocated to them for constituency projects in their various districts.

In reaction to the developments, Nwoko made it clear that the allocated funds are for financing projects, not for personal reimbursement of individual senators.

Source; Punch online website

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by atiku4President(m): 11:47am On Mar 17
Hmm
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Zooposki(f): 11:47am On Mar 17
Na wa o. This practice of sharing money should stop. Nigerians are really fools.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by lije: 11:49am On Mar 17
The worst part is dat many will pocket this money while their people who voted them in suffer
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Dpharisee: 11:50am On Mar 17
This is why politicians go to any lengths to get elected, most of these constituency projects will never be executed and the money will be released to them in full through their companies or proxies

2 Likes

Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by SpatialKing(m): 11:51am On Mar 17
The rice sharing money among themselves
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Desmondum: 11:54am On Mar 17
The 1bn is being spent on Regina and her mother and not the constituency.
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by LibertyRep: 11:55am On Mar 17
The system breeds corruption.

What's the business of a lawmaker with project execution?

Whoever introduced the ' constituency project ' to the NASS has done us a disservice. It should be scrapped !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Naijanascam: 11:56am On Mar 17
And it ended up where?

In the beginning all of Una Shouted"Let the poor breath" amid laughter and mockery and now the poor aren't breathing anymore
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by mrvitalis(m): 11:58am On Mar 17
EkiranAlexmedia:
A senator representing Delta North. Senatorial District, Ned Nwoko, has claimed that he received more than N1 billion for constituency projects in the 2024 budget.

Nwoko corroborated Senator Ali Ndume’s claims that the allocation of resources to the legislators often varies based on the magnitude of their constituency projects, indicating that it’s not uncommon for some, including himself, to receive larger amounts.

“Senators get what they lobby for, not because they have the right to it. Everybody just goes about doing what they can do for their constituencies and senatorial districts.

“A better approach would have been for senatorial uniformity. So if they say that everyone should get about N1 billion, be it. But this way, you rely on your weight and contacts to see what you can get for your people.

We are not talking about money for the senators. This is for projects within our senatorial districts. If you have road, water, or training programmes, all should aggregate to a particular amount,” the lawmaker revealed in a podcast released on Saturday.

Asked if he got as much as N1 billion in allocation, the senator replied, “Of course, I did. That’s why I am who I am. But these are projects for my people.”

Nwoko’s revelation is coming amid the recent controversy of budget padding alleged by Senator Abdul Ningi of the 2024 budget with an extra N3.7 trillion, a fund not tied to any extra project.

While the Red Chamber has denied any wrongdoing, some senators have come out to clarify the amount allocated to them for constituency projects in their various districts.

In reaction to the developments, Nwoko made it clear that the allocated funds are for financing projects, not for personal reimbursement of individual senators.

Source; Punch online website
Do you know with 1 billion naira you can make two department in any federal University tuition free for life

Or scholarship of 200k to 500 students every year
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by CodeTemplar: 11:59am On Mar 17
Looting in different formats.
Is that why borehole and streetlight should cost tens of millions?
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Never4getU: 11:59am On Mar 17
Legislators has turned another thing in Nigeria. This country is on another clime
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by GOFRONT(m): 12:20pm On Mar 17
I'm still patiently waiting on queue behind Ned........If you know u know
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by EmiloCorn: 12:29pm On Mar 17
GOFRONT:
I'm still patiently waiting on queue behind Ned........If you know u know

I like the way you think wink join our crew

DM me for application form cool

1 Like

Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by kcprince: 12:56pm On Mar 17
I don’t see hope anymore. It seems what is on board is to grab any piece of Nigeria you can and hold it for your unborn generation.
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by mytime24(f): 1:03pm On Mar 17
Naijanascam:
And it ended up where?

In the beginning all of Una Shouted"Let the poor breath" amid laughter and mockery and now the poor aren't breathing anymore
changing cars for wives 😔
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Soulsymbol99: 1:13pm On Mar 17
Money for his constituency or for maintaining his wives? undecided
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by PulaPower: 1:24pm On Mar 17
This guy man been talking too much lately..

Hope say everywhere good guy man?
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Naijanascam: 2:00pm On Mar 17
mytime24:
changing cars for wives 😔

Later now they will tell you that they are already billionaires before they join politics but can't behave like one over public funds
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Melagros(m): 2:06pm On Mar 17
COMRADES, this revelation proved that Akpabio is a criminal defending the fraud activities of tinubu in the national assembly
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Splashme: 2:27pm On Mar 17
When you have a thief as your president
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by ivolt: 2:34pm On Mar 17
Zooposki:
Na wa o. This practice of sharing money should stop. Nigerians are really fools.
Learn to read, no money was shared.
It is the money the federal government will spend on projects in Nwoko's district
and not Nwoko's personal money.
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Gadafii: 4:14pm On Mar 17
Ned Nwokos constituency is Regina Daniel 😂😂😂
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by joseph1832(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17
Hmm. The question now remain, what do these senators do with this money? If they're really using the money for what it's meant for, I believe many communities won't be the Hell hole it is today.

So, if Ned Nwoko is saying he received such amount, it is left for members of his constituency to hold him to his words, and ask him to give account on how his spent that money.
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by blowjohn(m): 5:35pm On Mar 17
Why una dey para? Na una constituncy?

Besides many of una dey worse.
Re: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by nke001: 5:55pm On Mar 17
Please, can Ned show us what project(s) he has completed in his constituency since he made his way to this chamber of honorable men

(1) (Reply)

Can Obj Complete His Political Hat-trick???? / Court Order Suspending Constitution Review Blocked By Agents / Iran Made To Look Like Nazi Germany!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.