Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket (3539 Views)

Please Help, How Do I Get Over My Abusive Relationship That Is Draining My Blood / Businessman Demolishes House He Built For Girlfriend After She Broke Up With Him / Are Nigerian Girls Really This Lazy And Dull? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Obavoh: 3:24pm On Mar 17
A lazy 42 years old man with a wife and 3 children. No job. Living with his mother.

I mistakenly invited him into my home to hustle with me not knowing I have opened the door to the devil.

For almost 2 months now this man has been with me, I feed him 3 times a day along with my family. We both get paid daily but for this man to release money for his own meal or transport na war Haba mana!

I wake up around 5am to go to work, this man will still be sleeping. When He comes to site late he will still ask me to pay for his transport fare.

At first, i was patient with him until his wife called to tell me that he has not been sending money to the family.

As if that is not enough, Yesterday, he was gisting our workmates how me and my wife wanted to cause earthquake in our bed. I was embarrassed but I had to laugh it off.

I don’t know how to tell him to leave my home as I had promised him that I will help him. I find it difficult to break my promises.

How do I go about this?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Sirmwill: 3:27pm On Mar 17
Hmmm

Only people from one part of Nigeria can have three children and still be like this

I won't mention the name 😁

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by obinna58(m): 3:34pm On Mar 17
Cause earthquake seems to be true but there’s no reason for him to be draining your pocket na, and he fit chop your wife join

Obavoh shey you have 5kids already, why are you still eating your wife like this na, you wan make she die

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Amotolongbo(f): 3:39pm On Mar 17

I don’t know how to tell him to leave my home as I had promised him that I will help him. I find it difficult to break my promises.

How do I go about this?
You are not yet ready to send him away. If you are ready, you won’t request for “how”

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by muyico(m): 3:41pm On Mar 17
Fight him wisely? U can still help his wife by deducting frm his daily wage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Depriest2020: 3:43pm On Mar 17
Obavoh abeg the man na Igala?
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by DiskJokeyManic: 4:04pm On Mar 17
Obavoh:
A lazy 42 years old man with a wife and 3 children. No job. Living with his mother.

I mistakenly invited him into my home to hustle with me not knowing I have opened the door to the devil.

For almost 2 months now this man has been with me, I feed him 3 times a day along with my family. We both get paid daily but for this man to release money for his own meal or transport na war Haba mana!

I wake up around 5am to go to work, this man will still be sleeping. When He comes to site late he will still ask me to pay for his transport fare.

At first, i was patient with him until his wife called to tell me that he has not been sending money to the family.

As if that is not enough, Yesterday, he was gisting our workmates how me and my wife wanted to cause earthquake in our bed. I was embarrassed but I had to laugh it off.

How do I go about this?

Tell him dat u ND ur wife are travelling soon ND u cannt leave him at ur place....
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by gerizzim: 4:07pm On Mar 17
since he doesn't want to use his sense to assume responsibilities. Give am responsibility. Call him one of dis days after work. Just you nd him for the meeting.

Tell am say tins are getting tough for you unto money level. say henceforth, him go dey pay for him tfare and is accomodation na temporal. say make him begin dey make plans on how to get his place. Atlist you don use one stone kill 2 birds. You don wake am up frm his responsibilities towards himself nd him wife wen him no dey send money to.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Foodqueen(f): 4:42pm On Mar 17
U forgot to add the picture of your friend. If it's your wife now, u go don add am.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Martinsmine(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17
Bro how u take start am.na so u go take end am

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Irupetepete: 5:10pm On Mar 17
Person wey go meet him property for my doormouth and the entrance key changed

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by pansophist(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17
If I were you, I would tell him one faithful morning that he should leave. If he needs a few days to plan, I will pay for a hotel for those days, and he leaves from the hotel. Staying longer in my house instead of a hotel will make the whole place toxic. Its my house, not a prison.

But before I take such action, in my mind, I have canceled him off. I do not want such a friend, and don't care about him after that. Also, people like him are what I call ''living dead''. They are dangerous.

Giving him extra days in your house to evacuate might allow him to harm you. People like that have no sense of appreciation, and can't help themselves. They are losers.

Just throwing him out without a temporary accommodation would be psychopathic, but make sure to pay somewhere else, so he can plan from there and leave.

For a man of 43 years to not know he is a burden, has no sense of carrying his weight, and discuss your bed matters with a work colleague is the definition of a loser. dispose of him.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by TheLordofHost: 7:33pm On Mar 17
Tell him to geddifok outta your place. In this Tinubu regime you Dey feed grown up man

1 Like

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by faceland: 8:28pm On Mar 17
Tell him to go that you have fallen on hard times, a real man would understand, a freeloaders opinion is not important. You are doing him a favour (reminding him not to depend on anyone but himself).

How can you feed a grown man three times a day in this economy?
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by faceland: 8:33pm On Mar 17
Irupetepete:
Person wey go meet him property for my doormouth and the entrance key changed

He would wake up by 5am and leave the lazy gorilla with his family. Is that not irresponsibility of the OP?
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by VinnyBaba: 8:35pm On Mar 17
This Funny OP again. cheesy

You no too Get Money, you still carry another Struggling fellow to live with you. sad
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by madscientist88(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17
Depriest2020:
why are you asking if he is Igala? what has laziness or insincerity got to do with igala people? how many igala people have you lived with in your life?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by VinnyBaba: 8:42pm On Mar 17
Foodqueen:
U forgot to add the picture of your friend. If it's your wife now, u go don add am.

Abi, he did NOT add pictures of Food.😏 cheesy

This is the FIRST post of the OP, that is not about Food. smiley

The Guy like Food no be Small.

I remember when he Rejected this Meal, for his wife's Draw draw soup and Akpu. 😄😄

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Kobicove(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17
So you mean on top of your own 5 kids you're still feeding a lazy grown ass man in the harsh economy? shocked

Tell the man to leave your house immediately!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Walai(m): 9:18pm On Mar 17
Wetin Igala do you?
Igala people are more hardworking then Yoruba and Hausa people

Depriest2020:
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Starboytwo(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17
Put it in prayers my friend.
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Bigseven(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17
Obavoh:

How do I go about this?
if truly you want the best for him, shouldn’t be talking about how to tell but you should have told him face to face about his irresponsibility and weird behavior. If as a friend you no fit change am for me once in awhile when F-up then you are a pretender. What makes true friendship last is the ability to called a spade, a spade without prejudice. So do the needful else you’ll end up gossiping about him like you are doing here and be hurtful at the same time. So
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Houseofglam7(f): 9:57pm On Mar 17
🫤
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by vincent10(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17
Let peace rain, so that you can dance to the glory of God
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Raphsays: 10:08pm On Mar 17
Obavoh:

How do I go about this?

This situation definitely requires a firm but fair approach. Here's how you can address it:

1.Direct Conversation: Schedule a private talk with him. Briefly acknowledge your initial good intentions of helping him out.

2. Set Boundaries:Clearly state that things haven't worked out as planned. Be honest: "The current arrangement isn't sustainable. You haven't been contributing financially and are arriving late to work, causing issues for both of us."

3. Timeframe for Leaving:Give him a reasonable timeframe to find alternative accommodation. "I need you to find a new place within [amount of time] weeks." Offer to help him search for resources online or connect him with people who might have leads.

4. No More Financial Support: Be upfront that you won't be covering his meals or transportation anymore. "Moving forward, you'll need to be responsible for your own expenses."

5. Clear Communication: Emphasize that you're still willing to help him get back on his feet, but it has to be done independently. "I want to see you succeed, but you need to take charge and show initiative."

Note that

Focus on facts: Avoid accusatory language. Stick to concrete examples of how his behavior is impacting you.
Maintain Respect: Be firm, but avoid personal attacks.
Address Your Discomfort: Don't be afraid to mention how his comments about your family life made you feel. "Those kinds of jokes are inappropriate and disrespectful."

Breaking a promise is tough, but so is being taken advantage of. Keeping him around creates a negative situation for you, your family, and even him. By setting boundaries now, you're giving him a chance to become self-sufficient.

Additional Tips:

If he resists leaving, involve your spouse in the conversation
Consider having a witness present during your talk, like a trusted friend
In extreme cases, if he becomes aggressive or refuses to leave, you may need to involve the authorities

You're not responsible for solving all his problems. Your priority is your own well-being and your family's.
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Recardo(m): 10:17pm On Mar 17
vincent10:
Let peace rain, so that you can dance to the glory of God

It is reign, not rain. I hope you were drunk or high when you wrote this.

Obavoh, guy, send him away, far from you. You don't owe him anything, or do you owe him your life?
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Pat081: 10:35pm On Mar 17
So far you are making 85k every month you should be able to help the poor lazy man lol and l don't know why some people are so useless like this, he should be able to give out or use part of his own money to buy something so far that he eat your food too but bros you try oo in this Tinubu time you are still able to help of lazy man
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by GreatAchiever1: 10:49pm On Mar 17
Obavoh:

How do I go about this?

If you want to kick him out of your house, do it, na you get house.
Besides you can still help him after kicking him out afterall the promise you said you made to him was to help him and not to give him rent-free accommodation.
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by NaBanga: 4:18am On Mar 18
Send the kids and wife away to family. Continue to work for a week then tell him, you are travelling to see them. Give him the option to stay in your place or find new accommodation. A lazy person will say they will stay. Turn off your phone. Hire some local guys to give him the beating of his life in the middle of the night. Have them say they will return each day for their pay, because they hear he has plenty money. At this point, the guy will be calling your phone. Make sure your phone is off. No one will need to tell him to leave. Within 3 days or less, he will be gone. Call him a week later to ask why he left.
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by kingthreat(m): 5:54am On Mar 18
Refuse to feed or give him transport simple.
He is earning. Let him use his money to cater for that.
Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by Yevabi(f): 6:06am On Mar 18
Why don’t you talk to him directly instead of bringing it here? Be a true friend and call him out on his bad behavior

1 Like

Re: How Do I Kick Out This Lazy Man Out Of My House. He Is Draining My Pocket by aremubabs: 6:54am On Mar 18
Obavoh:

How do I go about this?

The only thing I can say for now is that you have a very good wife.

Some wives will be giving you gbas gbos for daring to invite a parasite into your home.

Appreciate your wife today by doing something that surprises her. It might be a small gift, a kiss on the forehead, a squeeze of her hand...anything that makes her feel special.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man Is Sleeping With His Mother Inlaw And Sister Inlaw. / Age Limit? / What Does Every Woman Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.