Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) (38201 Views)

Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers / Militant Group Suspected Of Okuama Killing Begs For Waterways Security Contract / Don't Praise Me, Tinubu Issues Warning To APC Leaders Ahead Of March 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) by Dsimmer: 8:15pm On Mar 18
Zooposki:

I’m not sure about the politics in Delta state as I don’t live there. All I read online is that the Ijaws are fighting everybody in the Niger Delta. Lol.

As I previously stated, Ijaw land is easy to know. Ijaw are domiciled in Bayesa, a little above Bayesa and the downward part of River. That's Ijaw land.

I don't know what's happening in Delta. I think Ijaw and Urhobo are fighting over some land in that particular area before some later descended on the army in that area. While Ijaw are quite problematic with their attempt to want to steal land which isn't theirs, Urhobo aren't saint either because just like the Ijaw, Urhobo also try to steal land which doesn't belong to them hence why they are called wayo. This is even quite foolish considering everything is already documented. Although I think the Okuama land is Urhobo. Dunno...

All I know is no inch of Warri land can be taken. Let everyone sink that into their heads. Everyone know their history in Deltaa as a matter of fact, even as documented, with the old provincial map. Ijaw came as fishermen who came to fish by the sea but already met the Iwere/Itsekiri (jekri) who are the Ilaje, Ikale and Ijebu who were already there. Ijaw land is mainly domiciled in Bayesa, a little above Bayesa and the downward part of River. Any other areas being claimed apart from these is a criminal act by the Ijaw. They've got no treaties for other land nor documented as their land. So they should know their boundary.

As for the Urhobo (not Okpe who are not Urhobo btw), I know they were captured by the Bini but I dunno how that came to be, albeit some said they were being chased out of their land by the Igbo into Bini/Edo area thus ended up being captured by the Bini after they ran and trespassed into Bini land. They were later set free and released. In fact, that was why they revere Oghene who is Ooni of Ife) since they knew that the Oba of Bini only feared the Ooni of Ife hence they called/relied on the Ooni of Ife (Oghene) to save and set them free. They were later released, alongside the Igbo who were also captured. Anyways, all of them were later released and were absorbed thus are where they are today. Those absorbed in that area speak a mix of Bini, Yoruba and others.

Anyways, everyone knows their boundaries, even as the old map already documented. So it's foolish for any idiot to want to steal anyone 's territory in this age.

Re: Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) by Iampromoted(m): 5:56pm On Mar 19
Dsimmer:

As I previously stated, Ijaw land is easy to know. Ijaw are domiciled in Bayesa, a little above Bayesa and the downward part of River. That's Ijaw land.

I don't know what's happening in Delta. I think Ijaw and Urhobo are fighting over some land in that particular area before some later descended on the army in that area. While Ijaw are quite problematic with their attempt to want to steal land which isn't theirs, Urhobo aren't saint either because just like the Ijaw, Urhobo also try to steal land which doesn't belong to them hence why they are called wayo. This is even quite foolish considering everything is already documented. Although I think the Okuama land is Urhobo. Dunno...

All I know is no inch of Warri land can be taken. Let everyone sink that into their heads. Everyone know their history in Deltaa as a matter of fact, even as documented, with the old provincial map. Ijaw came as fishermen who came to fish by the sea but already met the Iwere/Itsekiri (jekri) who are the Ilaje, Ikale and Ijebu who were already there. Ijaw land is mainly domiciled in Bayesa, a little above Bayesa and the downward part of River. Any other areas being claimed apart from these is a criminal act by the Ijaw. They've got no treaties for other land nor documented as their land. So they should know their boundary.

As for the Urhobo (not Okpe who are not Urhobo btw), I know they were captured by the Bini but I dunno how that came to be, albeit some said they were being chased out of their land by the Igbo into Bini/Edo area thus ended up being captured by the Bini after they ran and trespassed into Bini land. They were later set free and released. In fact, that was why they revere Oghene who is Ooni of Ife) since they knew that the Oba of Bini only feared the Ooni of Ife hence they called/relied on the Ooni of Ife (Oghene) to save and set them free. They were later released, alongside the Igbo who were also captured. Anyways, all of them were later released and were absorbed thus are where they are today. Those absorbed in that area speak a mix of Bini, Yoruba and others.

Anyways, everyone knows their boundaries, even as the old map already documented. So it's foolish for any idiot to want to steal anyone 's territory in this age.

Okpe are not Urhobo? Wetin dem come be?
Re: Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) by Offpointng: 3:10pm On Mar 20
Tochj:

They have never been a report of any village razed down by soldiers in the North since after Zaki ibiam during OBJ rule.

How old were you in 2015 when the Army razed the settlements of Shiite members in Zaria that saw the death of more than 1000 Shiite members after they attacked the Army

In 2013, over 2000 houses were razed to dust after Soldiers discovered the dead body of 3 soldiers. Kaleri village was also razed

There are reports nigga. you just need to be conversant with history

1 Like

Re: Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) by Offpointng: 3:11pm On Mar 20
Afamsi:
shut up! Killing terrorists is different from burning an entire town or villages. Btw only about 300 shiites were killed.. It seems the formatting happened in your brain

only 300? na you mumu pass. People wey die that day pass a thousand go and verify like ur Lord use to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day / Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service / FFK Slams Geoffrey Onyeama Over London Bridge Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.