Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director (50744 Views)

Zenith Bank Names Adaora Umeoji As New GMD/CEO / Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director / Adaora Umeoji Emerges Anambra Woman Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by samwillyco1(m): 6:29am On Mar 20
RecentHistory:

She no get husband. She has given her all to that bank.

Her all.

She need a husband and a children to be complete.

Congratulations to her
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Kukutenla: 8:13am On Mar 20
senatordave1:

What is patchy there
You won't understand
It's beyond you
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Zinpat: 8:23am On Mar 20
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Midex88(m): 8:39am On Mar 20
I see
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by senatordave1(m): 8:41am On Mar 20
Kukutenla:

You won't understand
It's beyond you

If it wasn't beyond you,you wouldn't vomit such trash.clown
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Raxxye(m): 9:27am On Mar 20
Jennyclay:
She will definitely do well more better than any man

Equality is what we’re asking for and we’ll get there!!
See English!
Gender equality people dem☹️

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Kingzjayzee: 10:09am On Mar 20
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by cally10(m): 11:02am On Mar 20
samwillyco1:

Congratulations to her
[color=#550000][/color]
She's married with twins
The husband is a medical doctor...Dr Emmanuel Nwokoye from Achalla in Anambra State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by samwillyco1(m): 11:18am On Mar 20
cally10:
[color=#550000][/color]
She's married with twins
The husband is a medical doctor...Dr Emmanuel Nwokoye from Achalla in Anambra State

That's very good. Thanks for the information
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:30am On Mar 20
gentlegiant95:
Ms is used when the marital status of a woman is unknown or not certain

Not necessarily when a woman's marital status is uncertain,
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Kukutenla: 11:35am On Mar 20
senatordave1:

If it wasn't beyond you,you wouldn't vomit such trash.clown
Rest!!
Those who have higher iq than you have understood.
You really can't expect me to spoon-feed you all the time you're lost.
Upgrade your brain and have a better mental experience
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Versal: 12:45pm On Mar 20
Kizzygentle:
What baffles me is how young she looks ... some people are just blessed..I just dey imagine how proud her husband must be and her children... in this life try to be ontop so your children can be proud of u ..

From different mentions, seems she isn't married nor have children ... she is already an accomplished woman career wise, let her crown it up with a family ... she has really tried ..
Did you see "Miss Adaora"?
Abi marriage is the only yardstick you used in measuring people?
Marriage is nothing, oga.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Versal: 12:48pm On Mar 20
[quote author=Zooposki post=129008078][/quote]
I cant believe with you more.
Alakija, de richest black woman, has just joined
list of unmarried successful woman.
Marriage, somehow, limits the women.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by bionixs: 12:51pm On Mar 20
DONFRANSKID:

Imbecilè
imp
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Ezini(f): 12:57pm On Mar 20
RecentHistory:

Her all.

Say what you know
Do you know her well?

For the records Adaora is from my town
She is married to an Anambra man
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by senatordave1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 20
Kukutenla:

Rest!!
Those who have higher iq than you have understood.
You really can't expect me to spoon-feed you all the time you're lost.
Upgrade your brain and have a better mental experience

You should rest and stop displaying your half baked iq.if she has a patchy CV,would she have risen to such level in a top bank like zenith? You don't know how thorough and delicate banks are so it's easy to always open your mouth waaaa and vomit saliva filled rubbish.perhaps you are equating zenith with microfinance and online banks which you are used to.iberibe
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 2:10pm On Mar 20
lastkingsman:

Another animal talk (in Fela's voice) from an online clout chaser.

Go and start your own banking dynasty and set the bar high na.

See as you dey under rate this personality despite everything she has accomplished.

Another Anu mpa ma
Adora never started a bank. Call it whatever you want. Deposit mobiliser is what she is. Show me her ICAN or ACCA or CFA or work profile outside zenith bank. Can her profile be compared to that of Herbert Wigwe ? Ebenezer Onyeagwu ? Peter Amangbo ? Adesola Adeduntan ? Ebitimi Banigo ? Fola Adeola ? I don't need to start a bank and if you are one of her boys or girls in zenith bank I wish you goodluck in the Zenith trap.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 2:22pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

Hmmmm
For Zenith Bank
The deposit they mobilize has to be government funds
They have some of the lowest rates in commercial banking
Whatever she is in the system must be a very very powerful one
She has to be extremely powerful
That position heavy gannnn and is also subject to CBN approval
I doubt if Zenith dey lose staff o because they hardly sack their staff
Staff resign on their own. Its got a good brand hence easy to use as a transit point. She rose through the ranks by consistently meeting her deposit target. As you know banking has other roles outside deposit mobilization. This was one of the reasons why she never worked out of the office in Lagos. Her role was basically public fund mobilization which she did well going by the rent seeking system Nigeria operates.
A lot of hardworking staff lose confidence in the system and leave. The ones who are loyal usually end up regretting. The mathematics is simple. I joined a bank at the age of 25 as an executive assistant. I was told then that it takes 4 or 5 years to move to the next level. Which meant if I was not exceptional, I would have stayed till age 29 to move to the next level. It didn't make sense to me and I noticed they operated a strict hierarchy system where it is assumed that you know nothing if you are below a manager and all that. Hence I resigned after 1 year and 2 months. Got a job at a Fintech in Johannesburg where I worked for one year before I got another job in Toronto and moved to Canada. People are stuck on one grade for 9 years (for instance deputy managers unable to move to manager or Senior managers unable to move to AGM rank). Everyone is just stuck and the banks don't care. But I also expect that people should care for themselves and know when to exit. There was a time people spent 6 months on one grade level before being promoted. The beneficiaries of those days are the present day directors in many banks.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by DONFRANSKID(m): 2:25pm On Mar 20
bionixs:
imp
Sociopath
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by TheClassAct: 2:26pm On Mar 20
Emyzoloye5:

Not necessarily when a woman's marital status is uncertain,

Even when it is not uncertain, MS can be used for both unmarried women and married women, unlike MISS that is only for unmarried women.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by TheClassAct: 2:28pm On Mar 20
samwillyco1:

Congratulations to her

She is married with children.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Arielle: 2:34pm On Mar 20
DonFreshmoney:
Met Adaora in 2017 at Zenith Maitama. Had an appointment with her regarding an AGM position i was referred to by Jim Ovia. She is very lovely and humble woman, soft spoken and kind to contract staff. Even though in the past she was rumored (believe true) to have had affair with Joseph Sanusi (EX CBN Governor). That doesnt take away from her kind and empathetic spirit. Left the Bank in 2019 before COVID.. Wish her all the best in her new position. She deserves it.
You know her well. She's remarkably humble, kind and polite. When I knew her in 2001, even her staff in the bank loved her.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

Staff resign on their own. Its got a good brand hence easy to use as a transit point. She rose through the ranks by consistently meeting her deposit target.

U don't get it
Zenith Bank is not a deposit bank
They do not have deposit target
It is more of a transactional bank
No HNI or Institution will ever deposit money with Zenith Bank based on rate
Yes, the government will do so only based on relationship but not on rates
No matter how good U are as a staff
How much can U get paid to be the largest single shareholder in the bank
There is something special about this lady beyond rising through the ranks
So say she came in as a Corper at age 23
How many years did she spend on each grade from ET to rise to GMD
She's smart, no doubt but she's a high level player in the system

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20
Splashme:

You're disgusting, I swear.

All these bad belle because the owners
are not from your tribe.

He's not lying
It's a known fact
Zenith is quite liberal but Fidelity is a pure igbotic bank
Back in 2016
It took the CBN to raise eyebrow before they had an ED from another tribe

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 2:53pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

U don't get it
Zenith Bank is not a deposit bank
They do not have deposit target
It is more of a transactional bank
No HNI or Institution will ever deposit money with Zenith Bank based on rate
Yes, the government will do so only based on relationship but not on rates
No matter how good U are as a staff
How much can U get paid to be the largest single shareholder in the bank
There is something special about this lady beyond rising through the ranks
So say she came in as a Corper at age 23
How many years did she spend on each grade from ET to rise to GMD
She's smart, no doubt but she's a high level player in the system
Adora is a special staff of Zenith bank. Her deposit mobilization strength is unmatched and she rose pretty fast but the owner of the bank (Jim Ovia) deliberately kept her as Deputy MD with supervisory role over a lot zones/branches and she was never under any CEO . Jim ovia was her CEO over the years lol. It was only normal that at some point she emerged CEO but when it comes to areas of banking outside deposit mobilization, time will tell how her tenure will be.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 2:57pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

Staff resign on their own. Its got a good brand hence easy to use as a transit point. She rose through the ranks by consistently meeting her deposit target. As you know banking has other roles outside deposit mobilization. This was one of the reasons why she never worked out of the office in Lagos. Her role was basically public fund mobilization which she did well going by the rent seeking system Nigeria operates.
A lot of hardworking staff lose confidence in the system and leave. The ones who are loyal usually end up regretting. The mathematics is simple. I joined a bank at the age of 25 as an executive assistant. I was told then that it takes 4 or 5 years to move to the next level. Which meant if I was not exceptional, I would have stayed till age 29 to move to the next level. It didn't make sense to me and I noticed they operated a strict hierarchy system where it is assumed that you know nothing if you are below a manager and all that. Hence I resigned after 1 year and 2 months. Got a job at a Fintech in Johannesburg where I worked for one year before I got another job in Toronto and moved to Canada. People are stuck on one grade for 9 years (for instance deputy managers unable to move to manager or Senior managers unable to move to AGM rank). Everyone is just stuck and the banks don't care. But I also expect that people should care for themselves and know when to exit. There was a time people spent 6 months on one grade level before being promoted. The beneficiaries of those days are the present day directors in many banks.

Let me use myself as an example.
I met and surpassed my deposit target 4months in a Nigerian bank
I did about 5billion as a B.O
Even ordinary clap, I no chop, not to talk of promotion
One of the banks I worked with
My direct manager stayed 12 years as a DM before being promoted in 2022
I'm not saying she's not smart but she's a high level political player to have attained that height
Mind you, the question of how she got money to be the single largest shareholder crosses the mind
Remember the position she is promoted to is also subjected to CBN approval
Too many politics at the top

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

Adora is a special staff of Zenith bank. Her deposit mobilization strength is unmatched and she rose pretty fast but the owner of the bank (Jim Ovia) deliberately kept her as Deputy MD with supervisory role over a lot zones/branches and she was never under any CEO . Jim ovia was her CEO over the years lol. It was only normal that at some point she emerged CEO but when it comes to areas of banking outside deposit mobilization, time will tell how her tenure will be.

Ok o
I don hear
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Kukutenla: 3:33pm On Mar 20
senatordave1:

You should rest and stop displaying your half baked iq.if she has a patchy CV,would she have risen to such level in a top bank like zenith? You don't know how thorough and delicate banks are so it's easy to always open your mouth waaaa and vomit saliva filled rubbish.perhaps you are equating zenith with microfinance and online banks which you are used to.iberibe
This boy is using a phone smarter than him
Is there phone not underlining your poor grammatical construction in red? Let your phone upgrade your iq at least.
You see someone with 3 bachelor's degree and you don't know what that means?
Abeg fvck off!! Retarrdeen
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Chikeluba25(m): 3:47pm On Mar 20
Congratulations
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Chikeluba25(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20
RecentHistory:

Her all.
You are wrong dear. She is married to a wealthy/ handsome Dr. From Achalla, Awka north while she's from Aguata. Both in Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 4:36pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

Let me use myself as an example.
I met and surpassed my deposit target 4months in a Nigerian bank
I did about 5billion as a B.O
Even ordinary clap, I no chop, not to talk of promotion
One of the banks I worked with
My direct manager stayed 12 years as a DM before being promoted in 2022
I'm not saying she's not smart but she's a high level political player to have attained that height
Mind you, the question of how she got money to be the single largest shareholder crosses the mind
Remember the position she is promoted to is also subjected to CBN approval
Too many politics at the top
If you were a BO in 2001, you may have been promoted from BO to AM and Manager in 18 months. It was not unusual to start out at 25 and be a senior manager by 35. I'm sorry to say but your direct manager ought to have moved on to another bank or another sector. During my orientation at a bank as a newbie, one of the executive directors came to speak to us. We were 72. 69 contract staff and 3 permanent staff (my self and two others). One of the recruit contract staff asked him about this contract arrangement where you have people being on contract endlessly and even permanent staff spending many years on one level. He responded professionally but ended by saying "If I were you I wouldn't be a contract staff for 4 years". The signs were there to see but many prefer to get stuck in the system and continue to complain.
GMs are treated like Gods. EDs are treated like the owners of the universe. Timing is what made these people rise fast. Nothing special about them and today anytime I'm in Nigeria I meet with my former GMs and DGMs. I tell them about things we are doing and how they can improve there software development practices as well as run better systems. When I was in the bank I could stand outside a GM's office waiting endlessly. In their eyes a junior staff is worse than the floormat or trash. A bank MD once told me not to join a bank at any grade level below a manager. I learnt it the hard way after joining a bank as a junior staff. Glad I was able to exit the system after a short stint.
When I wanted to leave the bank I got offers from two other banks which I turned down because I felt the issues will be similar. I set my eyes on jobs abroad not because I didn't like Nigeria but I disliked that servitude culture. I never saw most of my bosses as superior to me and never felt inferior to them.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 4:54pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

If you were a BO in 2001, you may have been promoted from BO to AM and Manager in 18 months. It was not unusual to start out at 25 and be a senior manager by 35. I'm sorry to say but your direct manager ought to have moved on to another bank or another sector. During my orientation at a bank as a newbie, one of the executive directors came to speak to us. We were 72. 69 contract staff and 3 permanent staff (my self and two others). One of the recruit contract staff asked him about this contract arrangement where you have people being on contract endlessly and even permanent staff spending many years on one level. He responded professionally but ended by saying "If I were you I wouldn't be a contract staff for 4 years". The signs were there to see but many prefer to get stuck in the system and continue to complain.
GMs are treated like Gods. EDs are treated like the owners of the universe. Timing is what made these people rise fast. Nothing special about them and today anytime I'm in Nigeria I meet with my former GMs and DGMs. I tell them about things we are doing and how they can improve there software development practices as well as run better systems. When I was in the bank I could stand outside a GM's office waiting endlessly. In their eyes a junior staff is worse than the floormat or trash. A bank MD once told me not to join a bank at any grade level below a manager. I learnt it the hard way after joining a bank as a junior staff. Glad I was able to exit the system after a short stint.
When I wanted to leave the bank I got offers from two other banks which I turned down because I felt the issues will be similar. I set my eyes on jobs abroad not because I didn't like Nigeria but I disliked that servitude culture. I never saw most of my bosses as superior to me and never felt inferior to them.

Kilode
U wan kill me
2001 till now farrrr die
It was just about 3years ago
I came into the system as ABO in 2019
Spent three years on it
But I switched to investment banking
I didn't start my banking career till about 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This Behavior Normal In Lagos? (pics, Video) / Emmanuel Chigozie Eze: P&G Head Of Sales Spent Firm’s N20m On Online Betting / Photos Of Beautiful Daughters Of Northern Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.