Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree (75442 Views)

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Jonwesley(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24
There are so many chartered accountants looking for job.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by POLS: 12:29pm On Mar 24
If GOD gives you the grace, enroll for your ICAN program and get qualified..
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by IITTA50: 12:50pm On Mar 24
We're 9 in numbers that graduated with first class and I never visited the school for my results and by God's grace I'm doing fine. Just stand up for yourself and acquire a skill forget about your certificate
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by WINDSOW(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.
Work smart and come back later in the future and buy up the company.
Believe!!!

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by travelzcruix: 1:15pm On Mar 24
In my entire life I have never applied for a job. Degree remains a cruise plug.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24
Block head. You wan go cripple person business with 3rd class brain.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by prophetfire: 1:22pm On Mar 24
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rabatas!

Biko, Let me gently leave this thread for them
Says a broke poverty stricken online olosho that uses pvussy to gather rent money.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by horia: 1:29pm On Mar 24
advanceDNA:
I'm sorry oooo....But why will u go to college and graduate with a bad grade

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....

because they don't do only academics
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by torqque7(m): 1:33pm On Mar 24
Imagine and yet the number one position in the country was held by someone who couldn't even provide his full O levels let alone University degree. And after him another one with questionable certificate took over .,lol what a country.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by MrsAminaBello(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24
Evercurious:

I never did. But such attitude is just pathetic and stupid cos I had to come in contact with students like this that had to struggle through school to know their pains. Sincerely I NEVER thought such people existed till.I got into tertiary institution. Infact from my pocket money,I had to pay for some school fees and hostel accommodation for them to squat as much as they could.

Today, I give God all the glory cos some of them got helpers ,navigated through these challenges and re now doing very fine
God bless you.
Are you married??
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by o123456789(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.
Try and become self employed. Look around for a very good occupation you love.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Evercurious(f): 2:07pm On Mar 24
MrsAminaBello:
God bless you.
Are you married??

Bless you too.. I'm not married
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by MrsAminaBello(f): 2:14pm On Mar 24
Evercurious:

Bless you too.. I'm not married
alright nice.
Can I connect you to a brother who just wants to get to know you??
Probably friendship and a career oriented one
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by YourGFsnatcher: 2:27pm On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

Yawn!!..I don't have a problem with being a billionaire, once I pay the price, i will get to that class....
But you lots and the Op wants to get the job a company has established by their company standards for 1st class and 2:1.....una just be thief...and thats why there's so much crime in the world......thats why we have certificate forgers for a president...

The op's Grade shouldn't limit him to some stupid job..he can become wateva he wants.. but instead he's here crying that they cut him because of grade....
U have 4 years to straighten ur grades..weda u will ise it to work or not.....if u don't get it good..it's ur fault....but u can strategize and pursue what wont require grades....
..I've seen many pple that ddnt go to school do well....so what's the point of this thread...

Seems like you are just giving excuses. I asked u a simple question. Mark became a billionaire at 22. What's your excuse of not being a billionaire at this age? If he can be at 22 why can't you ? He doesn't have more time than you. Rhema I'd buying super cars and building schools at 23. What's your excuse?
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 2:43pm On Mar 24
YourGFsnatcher:

Seems like you are just giving excuses. I asked u a simple question. Mark became a billionaire at 22. What's your excuse of not being a billionaire at this age? If he can be at 22 why can't you ? He doesn't have more time than you. Rhema I'd buying super cars and building schools at 23. What's your excuse?

Excuses ??...I have answered u...u just ddnt see it.....
i am not trying to be a billionaire...so your question doesnt even apply to me......I will not cry for something I ddnt pay the price for like u and the OP when I can be so many other great things
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 2:44pm On Mar 24
MrsAminaBello:
alright nice.

Lol..this entered another gear real quick....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Oparasunny125(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24
[quote author=Goodvibes8 post=129070577] Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by it cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.

I supported it on this, I know someone who graduated with 3:34 as his CGPA, but when he wants to send a message , he will contact me to do that for him
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by ebenholer2(m): 3:17pm On Mar 24
Sending such mail shouldn’t be new to someone conversant with foreign jobs. It is only in Nigeria that the applicants will be kept at bay without information on whether they are offering u job or not.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Kingsasian(m): 3:40pm On Mar 24
javascript1901:

Are you in tech now?
not into tech per se. Virtual assistant

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Newyorkitis(m): 3:59pm On Mar 24
Villa12:
Sorry which criteria are they looking for? Is it class of degree or what? Is it the degree from nigérian universities or UK?

I am here for my MSC Programme.
So they check experience.
Which means you have to lie that you have cleaned in your country or the experience will be tied to the believe that you have worked as a cleaner in the UK which is another thing entirely.
I know deep down other factors could cause it.
But we keep pushing.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Evercurious(f): 4:07pm On Mar 24
MrsAminaBello:
alright nice.

I might need to speak to you first
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by MrsAminaBello(f): 4:19pm On Mar 24
Evercurious:

I might need to speak to you first
alright kindly drop your contact.
Thanks
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by YourGFsnatcher: 7:01pm On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

Excuses ??...I have answered u...u just ddnt see it.....
i am not trying to be a billionaire...so your question doesnt even apply to me......I will not cry for something I ddnt pay the price for like u and the OP when I can be so many other great things
We can see your hypocrisy openly!
And who told you he wanted better grades?
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Ashawoman82: 7:06pm On Mar 24
Gorgeous1guy:
While I dont condemn anyone who had third class (or even a pass) upon graduation however, such an individual should have known that the employment world is no longer his terrain.
Focus on what u can do all by yourself rather than going about looking for job which isn't there.

A friend who's been disturbing me about possible job opportunity for his younger brother recently sent his brother's cv to me and when I saw third class, I advised him to lead his brother's focus into business world, fortunately, his brother studied Agric so, what could be more practicable for him that to go the way of farming?
what about 2:2
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 7:08pm On Mar 24
YourGFsnatcher:

We can see your hypocrisy openly!
And who told you he wanted better grades?

U don't even know the meaning of hypocrisy and when to use it.... context of a comment: u can't even follow....when did say he wanted better grades?? Guy it's nauseating exchanging words with you........typical of low grade grad..
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Teymanhenry(f): 7:33pm On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

I never made any comment on how bright any one is because of his grade.....my comment was simply on going to college and getting decent grades..because wateva is worth doing is worth doing well..

grin grin......but it's clear u wasted ur ur tution and didn't have good grades so u just had to insult me to project our insecurities .....

😆 hope you didn't graduate from a state university or polytechnic. Tell me your course of study man..
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by rimijoshua(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24
Sheuns:

You want to see my grades? I had a 3.56 CGPA. I boosted this in my 300 and 400L when I saw I was on a 2:2 after 200L.

I’m not an average student. I chose not to be too serious with academics else I could have had a first class if I took studies much more serious than I did.
Which school did you finish?
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by freeborn02: 9:01pm On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

Well done sir......
U pple will justify nonsense and project ur insecurities

If u are completely sensible, you will know that a student that has a 3rd class certificate from a Nigerian university can be worth a first class certificate abroad.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 7:42am On Mar 25
freeborn02:

If u are completely sensible, you will know that a student that has a 3rd class certificate from a Nigerian university can be worth a first class certificate abroad.

Lol......u open ur mouth and say third class is better than first class ..how? On what grounds or criteria will u make such claim...?? I know u have no criteria...u just made the claim because pple like u that support mediocrity becos mystery loves company....

Its no surprise we have a certificate forger as president.....because even though he's a fraud pple like u will just claim he's better than those that have better accolades, just as u are claiming a graduate of 1.3 CGPA is better than 4.78 CGPA graduate..

Is God not wonderful grin grin grin grin ..
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Evercurious(f): 8:54am On Mar 25
MrsAminaBello:
alright kindly drop your contact.
Thanks

I sent a message to your email
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Ozommadu: 9:10am On Mar 25
Goodvibes8:
Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by it cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.
I still Thank God I’m not where I used to be.

You're supporting buhari and tinupoo??

Take it easy with the lies
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by freeborn02: 10:29am On Mar 25
advanceDNA:

Lol......u open ur mouth and say third class is better than first class ..how? On what grounds or criteria will u make such claim...?? I know u have no criteria...u just made the claim because pple like u that support mediocrity becos mystery loves company....

Its no surprise we have a certificate forger as president.....because even though he's a fraud pple like u will just claim he's better than those that have better accolades, just as u are claiming a graduate of 1.3 CGPA is better than 4.78 CGPA graduate..

Is God not wonderful grin grin grin grin ..

Since you sound too daft to reason, I will simplify it for you.

Gani Fawehinmi graduated with a Pass. Show me how many lawyers with better grades could measure up to him when he was alive..

I hope your empty brain gets what I'm driving at now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Got This Message From NYIF / Access Bank 10 Minutes Recruitment / Application For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Navy (nnbts 17 Batch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.