Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree (75525 Views)

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by blingxx(m): 7:01am On Mar 24
BlackDuke:
The irony of it is that the founder of Apple never even had a Degree undecided

Lol.. Because he chose not be a slave to society,steve jobs, Mark z, Bill gates all made their own path in life... you dey mind the clowns in frontpage?

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Westerhoffe(m): 7:01am On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:
Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by its cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.
I still Thank God I’m not where I used to be.

Well analysed response.

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 7:02am On Mar 24
Teymanhenry:

This comment shows how ignorant or dull you truly are. School grades doesn't always define how brilliant someone is

I never made any comment on how bright any one is because of his grade.....my comment was simply on going to college and getting decent grades..because wateva is worth doing is worth doing well..

grin grin......but it's clear u wasted ur ur tution and ddnt have good grades so u just had to insult me to project ur insecurities .....
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Sheuns(m): 7:03am On Mar 24
rimijoshua:

U sabi lie

You want to see my grades? I had a 3.56 CGPA. I boosted this in my 300 and 400L when I saw I was on a 2:2 after 200L.

I’m not an average student. I chose not to be too serious with academics else I could have had a first class if I took studies much more serious than I did.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by blingxx(m): 7:05am On Mar 24
AJSfan:
Go for professional certifications. Its a competitive world out there, with your ICAN you can stand better chances and won't be looked down on in future

In a competitive world the best is the forge your own path, many of my friends don't even care about getting employed, they have their own handywork

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 7:17am On Mar 24
Sheuns:

You want to see my grades? I had a 3.56 CGPA. I boosted this in my 300 and 400L when I saw I was on a 2:2 after 200L.

I’m not an average student. I chose not to be too serious with academics else I could have had a first class if I took studies much more serious than I did.

No need to explain urself.....some pple with grades that they themselves are not so proud of will justify with it with anything, especially when they know they could have come out with a better grade
...we all get 4 or 5 years of the college journey to improve our grades....but these days everyone wants to blame lecturers for harassing them
..some will even insult u say their third class in OAU is better than ur 1st class in Unilag..

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Nelllson: 7:20am On Mar 24
Urgent1Million:

It's exposed not expose as used in your sentence.
Besides, you clearly are the person who's not exposed here. You clearly agreed with me thinking you are countering me.
Like you mentioned, you can't work in any of those counties if you don't speak their (official) language.
English is Nigeria's official language and until that changes, speaking and writing well would continue to inform employers' hiring decisions.
ok.
I no sabi argue with mumu people

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by stevups(m): 7:23am On Mar 24
Honest people. No come pour sand for our gari
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by naija4life247: 7:30am On Mar 24
tonicyril:

See as u talk like ur mother grin

Not all mothers are like yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by naija4life247: 7:31am On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.

If everybody begin tell him story, you will see that you are among the privileged few.

I am not in support of Olodo anyway grin grin
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by tonicyril: 7:31am On Mar 24
naija4life247:

Not all mothers are like yours.

Sure...my mama is incomparable in the first place...

Thanks for the sweet word bro grin
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:39am On Mar 24
Everyone should be given a chance to proof themselves in the work place. That era on holding on to classes and degrees should be done away with.

Don't despair bro. You'll get to the height God has destined you for if you trust in Him, and keep on pushing.

PonziHater
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by HRMK: 7:42am On Mar 24
i think the apple store did the right thing by not giving you the job!
how can the company give you a high paying job with a third class degree while those with better degrees are ignored?
anyway the company made it clear that it wants minimum of second class lower!
THAT MAKES IT FAIR ENOUGH!!
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by HenryTimes: 7:48am On Mar 24
If they remove sorting of lecturers, many 2nd upper holders will come out with a mere pass

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Thabothabo101: 7:49am On Mar 24
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, that's the way the world works. Competition is fierce out there, and it's an employer’s market. I strongly advise getting another degree, or this third class will hunt you for the rest of your life. There are cheap online authentic degrees that you can pursue; the first is the University of London, which offers distance learning degree courses. The second is Open University, UK, also online/distance learning. They both don't require much capital; pay as you go. You have to do this if you want a chance to work with decent pay.

If you apply now and start either of the programs this year, you could be done in 3 to 5 years. Don't look at the years and say it's too much. Time goes by pretty fast, and before you know it, you’re done.

Don't forget, if you want to stand a chance at a promising career or even higher level education, e.g., Masters, you need a good first degree.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by jaxin119: 7:49am On Mar 24
Validated:

Go and register for ICAN and move on from there. If you are smart, you can dump your 3rd class in the dustbin of history.

Best advice so far
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by phenylalanine(m): 7:52am On Mar 24
Sheuns:
When I got into uni I told myself I’ll not leave with anything lower than a 2:1, not because I intend to seek jobs with it but I can’t spend 4 years in school and not leave with at least a decent result. I wasn’t the most serious type but I made sure I finished with a 2:1 which I did.

Nobody with his right senses wishes to leave the Uni with a lower grade, but life and chances happen to them all.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 7:58am On Mar 24
sgtponzihater1:
Everyone should be given a chance to proof themselves in the work place. That era on holding on to classes and degrees should be done away with.
If u like let everyone prove themselves in an application of 3000 applicants...u will still need something to cut off those u don't want because u can't employ everyone........there's no how it won't come back to grades and in some cases the university or institution....
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:02am On Mar 24
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rabatas!

Biko, Let me gently leave this thread for them
shut up
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by LillyandDaisy: 8:03am On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:
No excuse, but lot of people don’t understand
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by otunbateejay(m): 8:06am On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.
bro pls share us the link
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Villa12(m): 8:26am On Mar 24
osazsky:
madam u never see better preeek ..a preeek that will reset ur brain...I get ur type for my street then...not until I hit her badly before she come behave normal...every single was a hit back then
you no just get sense nothing more
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Iamanoited: 8:42am On Mar 24
VERY AWFUL AND FRUSTRATING. PLEASE THE UNIVERSITIES SHOULD HAVE TWO CLASSES ONLY.
FC-FIRST CLASS AND GC-GENERAL CLASS.
TC-THIRD CLASS DESCRIPTION SHOULD STOP. IT IS JUDGEMENTAL DISCRIMINATING AND FRUSTRATING. IT INFLATES UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE SOCIETY.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by MyExpression(m): 9:03am On Mar 24
advanceDNA:
I'm sorry oooo....But why will u go to college and graduate with a bad grade

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....

Lecturer!
Come teach the course na make we see weda na you dey control understanding.

Till today, once you put plenty alphabets for mathematics, I don leave you.

I didn't understand one thing about Carbon chain- Halogens, until Year 1 Chemistry.
To the point that I was the one teaching my roommate that graduated as 2:1 Mechanical engineer.

You can teach all you want...but if the pupil does not have appropriate foundational knowledge, that gap will create an interference in their learning.
Whatever you teach afterwards, is not entering.
And scheme of work must continue.

That's how students tend to fail the course.
Even when we strive to study, we still can't seem to understand Odinary Differential Equation ODE 203
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Dottore: 9:11am On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....
Are you aware that countless numbers of people with good grades are employed by illiterates and pass holders? Are you also aware that majority of people in NASS came out with low grades while some are NCE holders especially northerners but they are moving with sirens and convoys and high grade graduates are subject to their dictates. Just so you know

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by freeborn02: 9:18am On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

Lol .....what sort of cràp are u even saying...??

U ddnt graduate with a decent grade from the university u attended ...but u want to console urself by comparing it with another University??
See witchcraft.... grin grin

In your stupidity, you don't know that it certificate is not necessarily a dictate of your performance in a Nigerian University.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Codes151(m): 9:26am On Mar 24
BRO.. DONT LET ANYONE DECEIVE YOU R TREAT YOU BAD.. WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESNT EXIST

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Codes151(m): 9:27am On Mar 24
Dottore:

Are you aware that countless numbers of people with good grades are employed by illietrates and pass holders? Are you also aware that majority of people in NASS came out with low grades while some are NCE holders especially northerners but they are moving with sirens and convoys and high grade graduates are subject to their dictates. Just so you know
NO mind the uneducated person.. na so southerners dey reason.. DPR and NNPC na pass, ond and thirdclass holders full from north
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Jungleluv5: 9:31am On Mar 24
3rd class in Nigeria best abroad he may not have the money to buy his results but he may be the best in his class
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Codes151(m): 9:32am On Mar 24
advanceDNA:

today i am a US based robotics design engineer.
i graduated with a lower bsc not becuz i failed any course but due to extortion and wickedness, final exams i didnt write were deemed as f thats why... you never know what people pass tru.. i missed those exams because i sponsored my self and i had challenges meeting up final exams due to hustle. all i was thinking was according to the school bylaws it was incomplete and i can write again which was the way.. but the deliberately made it an F and asked us to pay to rewrite. life is deep bros...

Nigeria is a bad place. today with that lower degree, i have a phd and i can top up the ow degree but i dont want to. my MSc and PHD succeeds that rubbish i got from Nigeria.

thats my testimony, never be too quick to judge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Yvngex(m): 9:39am On Mar 24
tonicyril:

Well, for the fact that I don't know the three Newton laws if motion does not mean I am olodo

I can only be one if I don't prepare a good landing for my offsprings..

Pray u don't be a failure to ur children even with ur professorship in Albert Einstein studies..

This 📍
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by fawaz050(m): 9:50am On Mar 24
Goodvibes8:

Are you chartered, sir? I reckon that may give you more leverage.

I salute your courage.

Well done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Got This Message From NYIF / Federal Fire Service 2023/2024 Recruitment / Application For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Navy (nnbts 17 Batch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.