Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree (75466 Views)

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Kingsasian(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23
@Op, don't mind those mocking you. I graduated with the same class of degree but I can tell you for free that i am doing better than most of them with better degrees. Forget those conventional jobs and go into tech, virtual assistant lines. The moment I saw my results years ago I told myself I that I will never bother myself about working with it.

13 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by BlackDuke(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23
The irony of it is that the founder of Apple never even had a Degree undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by 99thEnemy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.
cool

Peter Obi did it, you too can do it. cool

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Sccarrr: 9:11pm On Mar 23
Reminds me of the third class Agulu made lying machine wey wan become president 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by rimijoshua(m): 9:11pm On Mar 23
Sheuns:
When I got into uni I told myself I’ll not leave with anything lower than a 2:1, not because I intend to seek jobs with it but I can’t spend 4 years in school and not leave with at least a decent result. I wasn’t the most serious type but I made sure I finished with a 2:1 which I did.

U sabi lie

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by 1972xy: 9:12pm On Mar 23
Is it not better you remain silent rather than sending this type of reply to an applicant.
With this, don't you think the applicant can go depressed or even commit suicide because of your response to his poor degree.
It is not wise as an employer.

8 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by NFBI: 9:12pm On Mar 23
Lol
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by etrange: 9:13pm On Mar 23
Sorry bro, but when they receive an extremely high volume of applications, you don't really expect them to interview each person. The cost of recruitment is high. They need a way to narrow down the list and degree class seems to be the only objective way to do that without meeting each individual.

7 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by LUCASC(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23
Jokerman:
Next time work hard to graduate with a better class of degree especially the young graduates reading this....

Although it's not easy, but as children of God, "we can do all things through Christ that strengthens is"

Oga goods grades is not a criteria for success in life. I have a good grade but trust me I have long ago dumped my certificate for a better option

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Vinnie2000(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23
Some FOOLS are mentioning Obi when their Papa is a CRIMINAL Chicago Graduate
Who CANNOT even state the Primary or Secondary schools he finished from. embarassed cry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by harmonyglobal: 9:17pm On Mar 23
Wahala for who carry 3rd class

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:17pm On Mar 23
This is the same reason sane Nigerians rejected Obi, no 3rd class degree holder will rule this country grin

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by sukar886: 9:17pm On Mar 23
Its well, ur own job will come, dont give up

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Atk1nson(m): 9:18pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rabatas!

Biko, Let me gently leave this thread for them

Quite high, coming from you.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Chasito(m): 9:19pm On Mar 23
I graduated with 2.2, I would have easily made a strong 2.1 if not for those wicked & useless Lecturers in my school, the level of corruption in that school is overwhelming. sad

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Lacash: 9:19pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
Eni to mo way lomor iwe…Na pelsin wey no him way sabi book. Just get money💯
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by MuslimIgbo: 9:20pm On Mar 23
Ibechris2:
U are calling that wahala girl sweetheart.

U no well honestly.

Wahala girl or frustrated OLOSHO grin
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by shola07(f): 9:20pm On Mar 23
It's well

They do tell me that I didn't meet the requirements

No reason, though here was indicate because of class of degree
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by osazsky(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rabatas!

Biko, Let me gently leave this thread for them
madam u never see better preeek ..a preeek that will reset ur brain...I get ur type for my street then...not until I hit her badly before she come behave normal...every single was a hit back then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by AKINBOLADANTATA: 9:22pm On Mar 23
Third class and dropouts - are the richest people on earth. Many world billionaires dropped out of school.

So keep on trying and set your goal very high - you'll eventually succeed.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by madjune(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23
Look inwards and invest in your talents.

Talent has no degree.

When in full swing, even those masters and PhD people will bow for you.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by psalmsjob: 9:23pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by its cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.
I still Thank God I’m not where I used to be.

You are right but that doesn't apply to Peter Obi the guy got a 3rd class grade that is close to what he should have been graded as a 4th or 5th class philosophy or is it psychology graduate because he is not representing that course at all but he has done well in buying and selling of foreign goods in his supermarket grin
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by greggng: 9:24pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:

Is not everything you can bring to the public .if you school in Nigeria and have third class...if I were an employer...I will employ you first cos is either you don't wanna dance to the tune if the oppressors ...you have integrity . Many lecturers frustrate students cos they don't wanna yield to them ...sex is the issue ...I have seen a lady who was on first class but ended up on second class Upper cos she didn't visit some lecturers ...some if her papers were missing ...just like that . A panel was set up and the panel came up with a result that brought her down to second class . ..Don't lose hope ...you don't wanna compromise your integrity thsts why you are third class...right now back it up with a professional qualification like ican or the one from London....imagine all first class without professional qualification ...you become the one eye man in the land if the blind ...cheer yourself up ...is not the end if the world .

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 9:26pm On Mar 23
lexy2014:

what was he supposed to audit?

Maybe u should ask him why he jumped on my mention with is condescending and insulting tone
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by SPAMBOX7: 9:26pm On Mar 23
Omo. You had 1st class you no fit meet up. Then second class upper you still missed.
Then comes second class lower wey you go take hold body you still missed.
I bet many of your likes must have been experiencing the same fate.
I no fit pity dullards. And if you are not dull but got your third class as a result of being unserious with studies then I must say you really deserve times 2 of the rejection.

I have no sympathy for you and your likes.
Tueh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Exceed15: 9:26pm On Mar 23
Guy forget that thing.. Ur opportunity is coming and it will be like a dream. it is not finished. It's not over.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by money121(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23
Ok
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by jiz: 9:31pm On Mar 23
In the Nigeria, your class of grade is more important than your course of study. A first class graduate in Yoruba language will have upper hand than a third class in mechanical engineering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by God2man2again(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23
They should have employed candidates with integrity instead of looking for a good degree that will steal from the company or will leave at anytime.

Integrity is what they should look for.
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by deji17: 9:33pm On Mar 23
My advice is that, try and be an employer rather than be looking for a salaried job everywhere.
No one is too young to be an employer, all it takes is just to think outside the box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Urgent1Million: 9:34pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:

Even if you didn't mention that you graduated with a 3rd, a lot of us would've deciphered that from the grammar of this post.
This comment is not meant to offend. I am sincerely hoping that you'll benefit from my submission even though I'll be sounding brutal.
Verily verily I say unto you, even a 2-2 is fast becoming undesirable.
The only way you can break into the occupational firmament you desire is to do what the first class and 2-1 graduates do not do - package!!
But first, you need to learn how to speak and write impeccably.
Like I mentioned earlier, your grammar in this post is far below the backline of a graduate.
Your tenses are so muddled up that I could barely tell whether you are describing a past event or one that's about to happen.
Look at your opening sentence for instance. It's an Apple store and you still wrote that they deal exclusively on apple products. Is an apple store supposed to sell Samsung devices? Maybe cherries?
Then you screenshot the mail and send it to your friend and your friend cheers you up. Something he did before you posted. Really?
Though you have a job but the Apple store is willing to pay x2 .... Are they willing to pay x2 or they were willing to pay x2?
If you look at the bolded, you'll see that the tenses do not resonate with the story you are telling.
Trust me, if you submitted a cover letter for this job, it probably was the reason for your rejection.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by senetorjboss(m): 9:35pm On Mar 23
Just be focus.... You know your worth.... I graduated from a state own university with 3rd.... I didn't know what really went wrong... I dropped my cert and hustle like a drop out but the knowledge in me pick me out frm the rest..nobody believes i have a 3rd...i have been offering employment base on job experience and not my class of cert,, It is all about grace... I know someday i will question my school what happened to my results. Someday i will

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Got This Message From NYIF / Access Bank 10 Minutes Recruitment / Application For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Navy (nnbts 17 Batch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.