Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. (69293 Views)

PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga / Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria / Can You Name The 4 Wrestling Legends In These Pictures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Believeintruth: 9:30pm On Mar 23
CoronaVirusPro:

It’s well with Nigeria. We do have our setbacks, and aiming towards greatness, just like any other country.

Using the troubled and homeless to justify our state is baseless and void.

Why didn’t he pick Obi Cubanna to justify how great Nigeria happens to be. But quick to use people’s predicaments to portray a “Whole” country.

None of you ever said this rubbish during GEJ ooo, you never asked for patience, now you are asking for patience and trying to justify nonsense. No way, you guys set a high pedestal for yourselves and you must be evaluated based on that. Nigeria is not okay and we all know it including yourself.

2 Likes

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Azazyel: 9:33pm On Mar 23
Starboytwo:
nope from imo state actually.

Omo you finished the guy grin grin
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by FahBuLous: 9:36pm On Mar 23
Most of them are not gamblers, they just need a place to lie and sleep.
I used to work in a betking shop that operates 24/7 and I saw this a lot.

2 Likes

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by MrJames007: 9:38pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
Don't blame hardship, this is not the effect of bad govt, a graduate Hawking water is effect of bad govt, not this one.
These are people that doesn't want to work yet wants to make money, and they don't want to start small and grow, they want to turn their 100 naira to 15k in 90mins. Some of them even have small businesses that fetch them little money, but after the day's work, this is where they spend the money.
I agree with you 💯
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by pafun(m): 9:40pm On Mar 23
Indication that all is not well with everyone in that betting shop you mean. Since I was born there have always been useless people who wasted their money on betting and ogogoro. It did not start yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Onewazobia(m): 9:46pm On Mar 23
Omenlon:
what have you done for yourself as an individual to escape the hardship or better your own life?

I'm doing well for myself bro.
At least I got people of your age that are under my payroll, although business is not smiling now.

My initial response was general evaluation of Nigeria system (NORTH/SOUTH)
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Crafteck1: 9:53pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
Sylvester stallion started from there, Opray Winfrey also started from there.
Infact their own is worse that hand to mouth

In a sane environment, bad times don't last, but in Nigeria na forever
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Joy2dworldxyz: 10:02pm On Mar 23
God1000:
How did we get to this level?

You will not see young people betting this way in a country where there are job opportunities

It started some 9 years ago when Tinubu imposed a demonic party called APC on Nigeria.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by heniford2: 10:28pm On Mar 23
post=129072128:

No matter what part of the nation it happened.
This is an eye sore.
No time for tribal bs.
The youths must wake up and get ready to work.
please stop mentioning me
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Wainey: 10:30pm On Mar 23
Crafteck1:

In a sane environment, bad times don't last, but in Nigeria na forever
there is no sane environs, all u need is sane mind
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Wainey: 10:31pm On Mar 23
Joy2dworldxyz:

It started some 9 years ago when Tinubu imposed a demonic party called APC on Nigeria.....
betting came during the time of goodluck. Merrybet was reigning then
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by chidiokay: 11:07pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
if people can leave their houses and sleep in a bar, if people can leave their houses and sleep in a brothel, why won't these ones sleep in a bet shop.
You are underestimating the power behind addiction

Good @least you a raise a point, now can you refer me to a bar where over five people sleep on the floor, and owner allows it
it common sense Men leave there house to go fvck in a brothel over night not really to sleep, and no ashewo will allow sleep over without gain.
You are just making an arguement where not necessary, i acknowledge *addiction" can make people do the unthinkable But addiction can never make over 10 random people to abandon there house n sleep on a floor in one night ... thats tew much of a coincidence
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by lagosrd: 11:14pm On Mar 23
They went to greet jj okocha but didn't meet him at home
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by WillY145: 11:34pm On Mar 23
Majority of those u see there are not a bettor..They are obviously homeless and decide to use the betshop as their abode
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Anunakeeh: 11:59pm On Mar 23
Loopdeeloopa:
I wonder how we reason in Nigeria sef. Nigeria has had a spiraling economy for years that is so obvious to any human with eyes and a brain to see. The amount of revenue the country generates has greatly reduced, the amount of corruption in the country has greatly increased, the amount of jobs being created has greatly reduced yet Nigerians keep giving birth in multitudes, the average poor man has nothing less than 4 children, do Nigerains even think about the future at all, do you guys understand the horror you are putting your kids in.

The population of Nigeria is greatly increasing mean while the economy is greatly dwindling to the ground, people that are giving birth need to understand that the next coming years of Nigeria will be a horror, crime rates will sky rocket, there will be very few jobs with millions competeing, businesses will collapse, starting your own businesses wont be as easy as it used to be. You are literally setting your kids up for failure.
But uner still get the mentality say "e go better" and "God go provide", I dey laugh sha.

Don't worry Op it will soon reach the point where these guys can't afford 100 naira to gamble anymore then they will start robbing, kidnapping, sacrificing and murdering people.

Great Post.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Anunakeeh: 12:08am On Mar 24
allenpaul:
What Nigerians are goin through some Nations would've implode if 10% of it happens to them .Naira value has dropped drastically so even those that has it also feeling the brunt , this isn't a good time to be poor in Nigeria.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by onatisi(m): 12:15am On Mar 24
exactly , many of them may not even be locals from that area , they only came to hustle in the city and maybe they only place they can sleep with a roof over their heads is that place . i wont even be surprised of the shop owner collects some daily token from them to sleep overnight in his shop

FahBuLous:
Most of them are not gamblers, they just need a place to lie and sleep.
I used to work in a betking shop that operates 24/7 and I saw this a lot.

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Anunakeeh: 12:26am On Mar 24
LandMann:

There's one fool on this platform that was defending the evil form of capitalism being practiced in Nigeria and attacking me for daring to criticise the evil capitalists that keep declaring billions in profits but keep paying Nigerian labour force peanuts for their efforts while the government stupidly looks away.

This is how they have systematically degraded Nigeria's labour force.

Gambling is the second option for southern youths while banditry kidnapping and terrorism is the second option for the youths in the north.

One day, all these frustrated Nigerians will band together to eat the socalled useless political leaders in Nigeria who have turned Nigerians to slaves in their own country
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Segxydube: 4:00am On Mar 24
Wainey:
Don't blame hardship, this is not the effect of bad govt, a graduate Hawking water is effect of bad govt, not this one.
These are people that doesn't want to work yet wants to make money, and they don't want to start small and grow, they want to turn their 100 naira to 15k in 90mins. Some of them even have small businesses that fetch them little money, but after the day's work, this is where they spend the money.

Where is the work?
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Rolings: 4:54am On Mar 24
SeeWahala:
Tilumbu carry everybody for the shop handicap angry

Odds go be like 'HOME, BROKE & over 35, YES' undecided

E reach to lie down for ground abeg cry

All this small small children wey just witness one economic crisis no go let person hear word
If you are over 40 years old this economic situation won't be a surprise to you because this won't be the first time you will be witnessing this and you will know that there will always be a way out of any quagmire and if the situation persist....na to adjust o.
Problem no dey finish
The fact is at present the whole world is bleeding.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by TemmyT002(m): 5:47am On Mar 24
Somebody or two people probably won a couple of millions. These ones decided they must get the same by fire by force
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Calicoe: 6:28am On Mar 24
When u look at this picture, u might think that these people lost all their money to gambling hence the reason they were lying on the floor. But let me give you the real picture.
This shop is located in Port Harcourt (won't give the exact location for some reasons)
They operate from dusk till dawn, so some homeless people (mostly abokis) goes there to pass the night.
That's what's happening in the picture

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Kay25(m): 6:43am On Mar 24
This is not jus bad government its the rot and laziness that has eaten up our youths they only want quick money not working hence u see them dieing at Betting house up and down...
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Wainey: 7:09am On Mar 24
Segxydube:

Where is the work?
wtf.
Those doing POS are they not working? Those producing liquid soap are also working, those cooking and selling are also working
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by 579haamid: 7:18am On Mar 24
APC is the best thing to happen to Nigeria.... words of zonebsAPC is the best thing to happen to Nigeria.... words of zonebs...

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Villa12(m): 7:58am On Mar 24
Wainey:
You think these days people need to have land and capital before they farm?
You are living in Pluto.
My friend back then used his own room to start rearing his fish
motivational speaker grin
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by tiswell(m): 8:21am On Mar 24
Wainey:
shut up! Yen yen yen yen

Some of you that managed to get small 8am-5pm jobs with next to nothing salaries won't let us breathe.

For as long as you wake up everyday,betting is one of the numerous ways of being hopeful for a good day.
I didn't see you blaming your corruption-filled government and the ripple devastating effects it has on the citizens.

People like you be forming 'responsible" citizens, yet na 'suffering and smiling" dey choke you..
Hustle your own and let others hustle theirs,cos the last time I checked,gambling(excluding underage) isn't a crime in Nigeria
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Johel(m): 8:37am On Mar 24
God1000:
Just look at what the youths of this country are doing to survive this hardship, they've resorted to reckless betting.

Some of them are graduates without jobs, they are tired and frustrated.

These boys are like some of the agbadorians on NL, they will be quick to say nonsense about Peter Obi, yet their lives dey spoil dey go...no pity, Na hunger go kill una mama, aje.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Breatheon: 8:51am On Mar 24
Oh, I cry for this country. Sons of the average Nigerians while sons of the elites are globethrottling in private jets. How did we allow this to happen?
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Alvino1(m): 9:32am On Mar 24
God1000:
Just look at what the youths of this country are doing to survive this hardship, they've resorted to reckless betting.

Some of them are graduates without jobs, they are tired and frustrated.

OP I do not think that you completely understand the picture… YES! The rate of betting in Nigeria today (particularly amongst the youths) is skyrocketing and alarming… but you see it is not everyone you see lying there came to bet… recently some bet companies decided to run a 24/7 package I.e the bet shops stays open round clock, so some other persons who are homeless took advantage of the development to house themselves particularly at night. Atleast that would house them against cold and insecurity…. Make them know say na only where go bath and brush for morning remain….
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Calitoscassius(m): 9:35am On Mar 24
I am going to start thinking of opening a betting shop in Naigeeria, clearly the business is boooming over there, can anyone give me an idea what i need to do to start a betting shop in Naigeeria?.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by ayotade09(m): 10:05am On Mar 24
Not all o them there are gambler some of there are there to pass the night most of those gambling shop that operates 24/7 charge 200-500 to pass the night Na business

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

23 Of The Slickest Dressing Rooms In Football. (Gallery) / Nigerian Girls Vs Russian Girls Penalty Kick Challenge / World Cup: Ivana Knoll Slammed For Wearing Sexy Outfit To Qatar. She Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.