Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures (56069 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of 4 Bedroom Duplex? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / For Sale:A Land Measured 3500sqm With Small Bungalow At Alalubosa GRA, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by mastermaestro(m): 9:02pm On Mar 24
Geovanni412:

It's a free world

Hire builder, if you like but if the building collapses, don't cry also

As for the 6 million issue, when you do it for a 2-bedroom bungalow, come back on nairaland and give us a breakdown of the costing.

Maybe your builder has better costing skills than an engineer of over 30 years experience .

Miracles do happen

N:b : The 13 million for 2-bedroom bungalow is not a township building , but for one in a village in Abia State.

How many bungalows do you know that collapsed upon completion? That's the easiet, basic structure anyone can erect. Some of you just be shouting million as if it was nothing. Comot there jor!

If you so wish, you could build a bungalow with 50 million. It's all about choice. However 6 to 8 million can still get someone a decent liveable bungalow. Dude wants something to start life.

Meanwhile go ask the engineer how much of the 13 million will find its way into his personal account? Makes me remember the criminal building engineer that handled my dad's housing project.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Error401: 9:07pm On Mar 24
I am doing a similar project and I tell you I have spent almost 3 million. dem never even roof am.
Roofing materials are very expensive now. OP wont spend less than 6million to complete that project

Davehasmadeit:

Alaye calm down, sey na story building him dey build ni? U dey mention pillar ,basket. That kinda building wouldn't be more than 2m

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by greggng: 9:08pm On Mar 24
ogawisdom:
You must not have all the money to start but this is too small make it 3 or 4 rooms . Put in 1.5m yearly and you can complete in 3 to 5 yrs

It all depends on finishing, if you want a basic house it will cost way less without all those modern facilities in houses (No pop, tiles only in sitting room, normal wooden doors, normal ceiling, you can cut out alot when on tight budget).

Is better not to start what one can't finish in time . How can you wait for 3 years b4 completing a building? Any house wey pass 6or 7months ...is not adviceable to start .
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Iseoluwani: 9:11pm On Mar 24
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

If you intend to build a house, please don't waste your money building 2 bedrooms and a parlour. Try make it up to 3 bedrooms and a parlour.

y
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24
Davehasmadeit:
I am currently building a one room, parlor, kitchen and toilet house. So far I have I am done with laying the blocks and I have spent 350k all in all. I am estimating another 300k for the roofing which I plan for next month. My estimate for every every is 1million to 1.2million.

. . I'd like to erect a room, parlour , kitchen nd toilet in my family compound as a BQ. Can u pls share me breakdown of ur project so far. Can I dm pls.... I am planning to mould block locally but when I calculated cost of sand, cement and workmanship to already made industry block, I am getting same figure
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by theamazonguru(m): 9:12pm On Mar 24
Treasure17:

How did you know? Should 1M be okay with the first building, I'm down for it.

What kind of playing is this.

Are you serious about thinking 1m should be enough for this ?

Bros, if you are not under any kind of pressure to move houses, then take your time to build the house of your choice.

Ordinary shops wey my popsie convert to a room and a parlour apartment, he spent over 1m for the conversion with the current high cost of materials.
I am talking of existing shops ooh, already roofed. Now, imagine he had to start from the foundation up to roofing.

And let me also add, don't buy cheap things in the name of cutting cost, you will regret it and end up spending double.

Be warned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by hslbroker2(m): 9:12pm On Mar 24
Treasure17:

you first na thief
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by hslbroker2(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24
theamazonguru:

What kind of playing is this.

Are you serious about thinking 1m should be enough for this ?

Bros, if you are not under any kind of pressure to move houses, then take your time to build the house of your choice.

Ordinary shops wey my popsie convert to a room and a parlour apartment, he spent over 1m for the conversion with the rent high cost of materials.

And let me also add, don't buy cheap things in the name of cutting cost, you will regret it and end up spending double.

Be warned.
u get brain
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by achimendy(m): 9:18pm On Mar 24
Treasure17:

1million, hahahahahahahaha.
You must be joking .
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by 9japride(m): 9:18pm On Mar 24
crossbreedwears:
Thanks a lot. God bless you
[color=#006600][/color]

Amen.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Geovanni412(m): 9:19pm On Mar 24
mastermaestro:

How many bungalows do you know that collapsed upon completion? That's the easiet, basic structure anyone can erect. Some of you just be shouting million as if it was nothing. Comot there jor!

If you so wish, you could build a bungalow with 50 million. It's all about choice. However 6 to 8 million can still get someone a decent liveable bungalow. Dude wants something to start life.

Meanwhile go ask the engineer how much of the 13 million will find its way into his personal account? Makes me remember the criminal building engineer that handled my dad's housing project.

Engineer wey don handle Aba sports club building job and jobs for dem Prof Joe Irukwu including his house in the village

U think say na small boy

Abeg, go and rest.

Patronise ya local builders if you like but don't talk what you don't know.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:19pm On Mar 24
tosinjay:
Like this, E sure say you never even do the foundation and probably gonna use less expensive roofing materials which isn't aluminium. And no tiles and good interior stuffs.

He said he has already lay the block. What foundation are u talking about again?!. In some part, u don't necessarily do heavy foundation, just dig not too deep (cases of hard land) and concrete and start laying blocks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Killermamba: 9:22pm On Mar 24
talk2hb1:

8-10 millions minimum
you be thief. That's a two bedroom apartment, if the land is available he won't spend that much. 4-6 m max
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by 9japride(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24
Gentlesoul2021:

There's this neighbor who erected a 2 bedroom and parlour on one plot of land and still have a lot of space Infront. The building was erected at the back edge so I was wondering why didn't he just build a 3 bedroom since there's lot of space left. If he decided to erect a selfcon at each edge of the land there'd be no space for parking lot and no potential tenant would want to bargain for such house considering no space to park 2-3 cars...

But if he decided to leave the space like that, that space left can contain 5 cars conveniently lol..

Truly 2 bedroom is just a waste of money ND rendering the remaining space on a land to be useless
[color=#006600][/color]

Just imagine? The only advantage of 2 bedroom is if it's built rent purposes and not for personal used.
In the real estate environment, two bedroom is easily rented by bachelors than 3 bedrooms.
But if one intend to build for personal purpose, then threw bedroom is ideal.
With proper building design, the spaces can be managed well
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by 9japride(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24
Iseoluwani:

y
[color=#006600][/color]

Three bedroom and parlour is more functional. Please lookup my previous reply to someone else. I made an explanation about it.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Davehasmadeit(m): 9:32pm On Mar 24
Gentlesoul2021:

. . I'd like to erect a room, parlour , kitchen nd toilet in my family compound as a BQ. Can u pls share me breakdown of ur project so far. Can I dm pls.... I am planning to mould block locally but when I calculated cost of sand, cement and workmanship to already made industry block, I am getting same figure
Ok bro, let me break it down for you
I moulded the blocks locally, i moulded the blocks last year November when the price of cement was still #5100, and a trip of sand 18000.
For a bag of cement, I got 50 blocks.
To get 1000 blocks, which was the estimate for the whole building, I used 20 bags, while I also used 2 and half trip of sand for the moulding. Those moulding it were paid 1500#(I thousand five hundred naira) for 50 moulded blocks. I paid(5000) for water and watering it after to make it stronger.
I layed the blocks in January and the price of cement was still 5200. I got 10 bags . The foundation was dug 8000#
The mason was paid 5000# for 100 blocks.
layed while the labourer got 2500.
Just do the estimate bro and you will see how much the whole thing cost.
I also made precast for the linters. Everything cost me 350k
Although prices of things have gone high now. But I am sure it won't be more than 400 or 450k if you manage your resources and supervise the work effectively.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:32pm On Mar 24
Davehasmadeit:

I am done with the block work. I am planning for roofing next month. I am definitely gonna use less expensive roofing materials. I am definitely gonna use tiles

Tiling a room, parlour, kitchen nd toilet will not even cost u up to 300k. All these people calling big big money no dey try oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24
Davehasmadeit:

I moulded the blocks locally, i moulded the blocks last year November when the price of cement was still #5100, and a trip of sand 18000.
To get 1000 blocks, which was the estimate for the whole building, I used 20 bags, while I also used 2 and half trip of sand for the moulding. Those moulding it were paid 1500#(I thousand five hundred naira) for 50 moulded blocks. I paid(5000) for water and watering it after to make it stronger.
I layed the blocks in January and the price of cement was still 5200. I got 10 bags . The foundation was dug 8000#
Although prices of things have gone high now. But I am sure it won't be more than 400 or 450k if you manage your resources and supervise the work effectively.

Thank u so much for this. I think I'll make the block locally as I read a comment that industry block is now 700.
Is the 50 blocks u get from one bag not too much. It sud be 40 per bag for a strong outcome.
I have work with these guys making block locally bfr ND it's always 40 pieces per bag highest 45 with the set of guys I worked with...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Carmal90(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24
Alamu5891:
I roofed my 3 bedrooms bungalow few weeks back
12 bundles of G$d roofing sheet at the cost of 65k per bundle and I used 12 bundle’s
Roofing sheet -780k
Plank 496k
Transport 20k
Accessories 78k
Workmanship 120k

Total is 1,494,000

Running of wiring pipe 220k
Plumbing work 512k
Both includes workmanship and materials

Spot on
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by shopiifly(m): 9:57pm On Mar 24
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Davehasmadeit(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24
Gentlesoul2021:

Thank u so much for this. I think I'll make the block locally as I read a comment that industry block is now 700.
Is the 50 blocks u get from one bag not too much. It sud be 40 per bag for a strong outcome.
I have work with these guys making block locally bfr ND it's always 40 pieces per bag highest 45 with the set of guys I worked with...
For six inches block, 50 blocks is cool. Although you can make it 40 or 45 which is better. I think it all depends on your finance.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Paramount01(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24
talk2hb1:

8-10 millions minimum

Have you ever build before? Or you just call money like that, 8million for what?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Paramount01(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24
michlins:
roofing will chop it all and it might not be enough. Budget 4-5ml

This is for 2 bed room flat, maximum.

1million can roof it
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Paramount01(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

If you intend to build a house, please don't waste your money building 2 bedrooms and a parlour. Try make it up to 3 bedrooms and a parlour.

Why
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by michlins(m): 10:13pm On Mar 24
Paramount01:

This is for 2 bed room flat, maximum.

1million can roof it
roof what bro. How much is a meter of aluminum sheet now. That thing is not less than 200m by 5700. Do the maths. You haven't added woodwork and workmanship
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by dododawa1: 10:31pm On Mar 24
Contact

Quantity surveyor

Let them eat too.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Kingzmate(m): 10:33pm On Mar 24
500K, BUT WAIT TILL 2027 grin
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by 9japride(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24
Paramount01:

Why
[color=#006600][/color]

Please check my reply in page 3. Due to kids and visitors.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Alliswell73: 10:48pm On Mar 24
Chicagograduate:
He had previously told my brother to send the money into his account for him to buy the rod.My brother refused and told me everything because my brother understood how they do in my village.If you give those village boys or cousins money to build a house for youthey will embezzle or do a poor job.Na kernel them go use in place of granite which will make the lintel fragile.So we went to the seller together.I was the one who asked for the price of a 10mm rod.The iron bender now interject and said 4k before the supplier could speak.Meanwhile,it was 3400.Luvkily,one of the female cashier who was inside and saw us discussing with one of the worker who also supply to site,ask us what we wanted.I went inside and told him and she told me the actual price which was 3400 per one.I bought 17 rods for a 3 bedroom with a dinning room.This was late 2022 before the price increase.That same rod is about 5k now.Building materials Is very expensive in the south South due to yahoo boys building houses everyday.

Wow! Thanks for this great insight. One can even do surveillance to the market where these materials are sold to know the prices beforehand. This will help to negotiate better and to quickly spot any form of overcharge that may arise.

Thanks once again, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by ewaoluwa13n: 10:57pm On Mar 24
How did you know? Should 1M be okay with the first building, I'm down for it.How did you know? Should 1M be okay with the first building, I'm down for it....
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Creditalerts: 11:03pm On Mar 24
Small children full here that house will cost u 18million
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by pussyAvenger: 11:17pm On Mar 24
Davehasmadeit:

helo bro..l have exactly same plan now.. please let's talk. l could drop a contact..l need you to guide make this people no chop me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr. Harvey Olufunm Buys House 3 Years After Migrating To UK - See How He Did It! / 10 Great Building Designs That Can Fit Into A 50'x50' Plot Of Land. / Is Nike Lake Resort, Enugu The Most Beautiful Hotel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.