Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures (56034 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of 4 Bedroom Duplex? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / For Sale:A Land Measured 3500sqm With Small Bungalow At Alalubosa GRA, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by fasbat(m): 12:01am On Mar 25
God1000:
Considering the high cost of building materials today in Nigeria, how much should one budget for such project.

how many bedrooms? How big the living room,is it with dinning, are the rooms with separate toilets? I spent 8/9m for my 3 bedroom, including septic and water tank, yet, it's not to my taste, though, living in the house, still remaining painting, flooring of the compound and gate but that 8/9m was 4/5 years ago, I bought 80 bags @ 2,500 per bag in 2019 when I wanted to plaster the house, so the amount will certainly be over the said amount now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Psoul(m): 12:25am On Mar 25
Ntigha:
Between 20 million - 30 million depending on the finishing you want

You're joking. Some ppl like to talk irrationally.

N30,000,000 for a 2 bedroom bungalow.
And you believe that someone that's struggling to build this kind of small bungalow will go for kind of finishing that will cost almost what was used to build the whole house.

This kind of comment is one of the reasons I laugh when ppl are seeking for opinion from social media. You'll see someone that knows nothing on the topic also contributing.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Reality2023: 1:24am On Mar 25
It is assumed that you have the land and you will settle the omo onile. Then you need about N5milliom
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by BabbanBura(m): 1:42am On Mar 25
michlins:
roofing will chop it all and it might not be enough. Budget 4-5ml

This can not build this in today's materials cost
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by BabbanBura(m): 1:44am On Mar 25
starpon1:
My brother I think this house is about 2 rooms and a parlor kitchen toilet and bathroom? Now my brake down
Block 2000*400= 800000
Cement for all works =8000*100=800000
Roofing 1300000
Rod 200000
Stone 120000
Tiles 400000
Plumbing 400000
Eletrical work surface 250000
Doors 250000
Windows 480000
Ceiling =200000
Workmanship for all 800000
And other little expenses like just budget about 6.5 to finish it. But remember this is just an estimate so don't get discouraged u can just start with whatever u have.

Go and price materials bro. 100 bags of cement can not finish that house.

Roofing wood, cover and accessories will be way more than you quoted etc
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by lildush(m): 2:19am On Mar 25
You should budget 10million .. or more. For dat house.. if u want something good...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Kingbuhari(m): 2:41am On Mar 25
talk2hb1:

8-10 millions minimum
with land or what because I can built it with 4m
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by tosinjay(m): 3:50am On Mar 25
Gentlesoul2021:

He said he has already lay the block. What foundation are u talking about again?!. In some part, u don't necessarily do heavy foundation, just dig not too deep (cases of hard land) and concrete and start laying blocks
I meant he wouldn't haven't even floored the project. Yeah, blocks can be laid and later the building filled with filling sand much later and that's when the foundation i meant would come in. How person go use 1.2 build house with roofing and all.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by tosinjay(m): 3:52am On Mar 25
Davehasmadeit:

I am done with the block work. I am planning for roofing next month. I am definitely gonna use less expensive roofing materials. I am definitely gonna use tiles
Tiles alone should gulp alot, except you're targeting broken tiles. I mean if you're using averagely standard material you wouldn't be spending such make people no go dey think say na so E easy.

The last time I personally tiled a selfcon I rented before my project was completed in 2019 I spent about 100k for tiling the whole place. Now that amount would have tripled in present naija.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by lagosrd: 4:03am On Mar 25
4 million
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by lagosrd: 4:04am On Mar 25
talk2hb1:

8-10 millions minimum

First bldg 4-5 million
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by pussyAvenger: 4:34am On Mar 25
Davehasmadeit:

Ok bro, let me break it down for you
I moulded the blocks locally, i moulded the blocks last year November when the price of cement was still #5100, and a trip of sand 18000.
For a bag of cement, I got 50 blocks.
To get 1000 blocks, which was the estimate for the whole building, I used 20 bags, while I also used 2 and half trip of sand for the moulding. Those moulding it were paid 1500#(I thousand five hundred naira) for 50 moulded blocks. I paid(5000) for water and watering it after to make it stronger.
I layed the blocks in January and the price of cement was still 5200. I got 10 bags . The foundation was dug 8000#
The mason was paid 5000# for 100 blocks.
layed while the labourer got 2500.
Just do the estimate bro and you will see how much the whole thing cost.
I also made precast for the linters. Everything cost me 350k
Although prices of things have gone high now. But I am sure it won't be more than 400 or 450k if you manage your resources and supervise the work effectively.
Helo bro..l like your analysis

But my questions are
1. Did the 10 bags of cement include plastering
2. Have you done soak away already
2. what's your estimate for roofing?
4 What the size of the the room and parlour ?
4.What about doors and Windows?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Cromagnon: 5:11am On Mar 25
ppogba:
The usual stupid question on Nairaland.

Una no dey tire?
Ppl who don't ask questions are the stupid ones

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by seeteazain(m): 5:21am On Mar 25
Geovanni412:

It's a free world

Hire builder, if you like but if the building collapses, don't cry also

As for the 6 million issue, when you do it for a 2-bedroom bungalow, come back on nairaland and give us a breakdown of the costing.

Maybe your builder has better costing skills than an engineer of over 30 years experience .

Miracles do happen

N:b : The 13 million for 2-bedroom bungalow is not a township building , but for one in a village in Abia State.

You carry your FX ginger come here 😀

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by valudong(m): 5:27am On Mar 25
Alamu5891:
I roofed my 3 bedrooms bungalow few weeks back
12 bundles of G$d roofing sheet at the cost of 65k per bundle and I used 12 bundle’s
Roofing sheet -780k
Plank 496k
Transport 20k
Accessories 78k
Workmanship 120k

Total is 1,494,000

Running of wiring pipe 220k
Plumbing work 512k
Both includes workmanship and materials

I’m currently done with parapet of my 3bedroom bungalow, i intend to use stone coated metro tiles or step tiles aluminum zinc but due to the economic situation of the country, the quotation I’m getting is way too much that I’m now feeling the carpenter wants to cheat me, can you please give me an estimate? Thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Btruth: 6:10am On Mar 25
michlins:
roofing will chop it all and it might not be enough. Budget 4-5ml
more likely this amount. But the location too will determine because of the transportation of materials to the site.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by greenermodels: 6:37am On Mar 25
victorazy:

And those that told you is 2 bedroom were the designers.

Is one bedroom apartment and I can prove it.

For 2 bedroom, you need two 1.2m windows and another two .6m on one side wall so the wall will have the rooms side by side and Sitting room and Dining the other side then Kitchen at the centre back. And from the window positions, this is not 2 bedroom.

Your talking to a professional. I've design so many mega buildings including Kano State CBN Hospital.

oga, you win.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by victorazy(m): 7:19am On Mar 25
greenermodels:
oga, you win.

2 rooms side by side with kitchen is not less than 8m, 3m per room making it 6m, even if u make the toilets .9m is 1.8m already + 6m = 7.8m then partitioning walls and their renderings. 5 petitions of .150m is .750m already add to 7.8+.750 = 8.55m (8,550mm) what is on this picture is not more than 6.5m.

You don't need less than 8-9m to achieve a standard and accepted 2 rooms. A room must not be less than 3m (10ft.) 3,000mm make I dey convert the units for you and it must have 2 windows facing diff directions to achieve "crossed ventilation). The size of window determined by the size of the room which is the square meter of the floor area of the room (that's why toilet windows are smaller than the room windows). Everything in Architecture has standard.

I can lecture you more.

Anybody saying na 2 bedroom flat is not speaking with experience.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Pointblack: 7:21am On Mar 25
starpon1:
My brother I think this house is about 2 rooms and a parlor kitchen toilet and bathroom? Now my brake down
Block 2000*400= 800000
Roofing 1300000
Rod 200000
Stone 120000
Tiles 400000
Plumbing 400000
Doors 250000
Windows 480000
Ceiling =200000
And other little expenses like just budget about 6.5 to finish it. But remember this is just an estimate so don't get discouraged u can just start with whatever u have.

Na u go sell all the materials including the 400k tiles. Abeg budget 10m. All expenses automatically covered if it's that house in the image
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Subonbon(m): 7:26am On Mar 25
starpon1:
Block 2000*400= 800000
Roofing 1300000
Rod 200000
Stone 120000
Tiles 400000
Plumbing 400000
Doors 250000
Windows 480000
Ceiling =200000
u na correct person..... Ńa your kind of person I dey find no room for no!!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by greenermodels: 7:42am On Mar 25
victorazy:

2 rooms side by side with kitchen is not less than 8m, 3m per room making it 6m, even if u make the toilets .9m is 1.8m already + 6m = 7.8m then partitioning walls and their renderings. 5 petitions of .150m is .750m already add to 7.8+.750 = 8.55m (8,550mm) what is on this picture is not more than 6.5m.

You don't need less than 8-9m to achieve a standard and accepted 2 rooms. A room must not be less than 3m (10ft.) 3,000mm make I dey convert the units for you and it must have 2 windows facing diff directions to achieve "crossed ventilation). The size of window determined by the size of the room which is the square meter of the floor area of the room (that's why toilet windows are smaller than the room windows). Everything in Architecture has standard.

I can lecture you more.

Anybody saying na 2 bedroom flat is not speaking with experience.
see me see wahala,I neither said it's a one bedroom nor a two bedroom, I only asked for the floor plan to give a more informed suggestion.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:44am On Mar 25
Davehasmadeit:

For six inches block, 50 blocks is cool. Although you can make it 40 or 45 which is better. I think it all depends on your finance.

Did u use 6" block. I am planning on using 6" as well.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Blackman101: 7:52am On Mar 25
10m should do it. direct labour
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Erums(m): 8:12am On Mar 25
ogawisdom:
You must not have all the money to start but this is too small make it 3 or 4 rooms . Put in 1.5m yearly and you can complete in 3 to 5 yrs

It all depends on finishing, if you want a basic house it will cost way less without all those modern facilities in houses (No pop, tiles only in sitting room, normal wooden doors, normal ceiling, you can cut out alot when on tight budget).

1.5m...joking rigjt...he will never finish the house in 10 yrs.. Do u know what tje cost of a 3bedrrom takless of a 4bed
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by talk2hb1(m): 8:48am On Mar 25
Kingbuhari:
with land or what because I can built it with 4m
which location abeg, because I consulted with a Quantity Surveyor if one is to complete a 3 bedroom from lintel on a stringent Budget he told me 6million naira, this is after spending 4.5million to lintel level Ooo.
The break down I got was Roofing will cost like 2million naira, plumbing maybe 800k to 1million, wiring roughly 1.5million naira, 10 doors plus windows will be around 1.5 million, plastering maybe 800k to 1million naira.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by victorazy(m): 8:57am On Mar 25
greenermodels:
see me see wahala,I neither said it's a one bedroom nor a two bedroom, I only asked for the floor plan to give a more informed suggestion.

greenermodels:

Going through the comments, others referred to it as a two bedroom flat while you concluded it's a one bedroom besides do you also know the amenities included such as number of bathrooms? Assumptions can be dangerous.

I know amenities expected, the cost estimate, the work duration (construction period) I wish u know whom ur talking to.

I guess you detached your fingers from your senses when typing this. Think before casting aspersions sir!

Don't think because you can type from the comfort of your zone as anonymous you can dish out words to ppl anyhow.

If others are saying 2bedroom and one person said is 1 bedroom, don't you think there is something interesting to look into?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by alobright17(m): 9:42am On Mar 25
Ntigha:
Between 20 million - 30 million depending on the finishing you want
Shatap
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by TossTos: 10:30am On Mar 25
starpon1:
Block 2000*400= 800000
Roofing 1300000
Rod 200000
Stone 120000
Tiles 400000
Plumbing 400000
Doors 250000
Windows 480000
Ceiling =200000

You really tried with this quotation
But the block should be around 2500 not 2000,tiles will be more than 400k, plumbing go pass 400k Omo onile money still dey things are very expensive this days .. make person just budget 8m up ...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Alamu5891: 10:45am On Mar 25
CircleOfWilis:
Seriously? And u used Galvanized zinc...Using long span aluminum will jerk it even higher
definetly yes
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by Alamu5891: 10:50am On Mar 25
valudong:

I’m currently done with parapet of my 3bedroom bungalow, i intend to use stone coated metro tiles or step tiles aluminum zinc but due to the economic situation of the country, the quotation I’m getting is way too much that I’m now feeling the carpenter wants to cheat me, can you please give me an estimate? Thanks
the quotation will have to do with they type or the zinc you want to use and the measurements of the building if you can get me the measurements like how many feets is the length and breath of the building will help me more in calculating the logs you will need but definitely the logs will reduce because you’ve done the parapet that canceled 1/10 plank which can cost you 120k or so
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by winner37(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25
starpon1:
Block 2000*400= 800000
Roofing 1300000
Rod 200000
Stone 120000
Tiles 400000
Plumbing 400000
Doors 250000
Windows 480000
Ceiling =200000

Abeg no vex watin you study for school?
Have saved this post ,you will handle my project 🙏
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Kind Of Small Bungalow? Pictures by deavicky(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25
talk2hb1:

8-10 millions minimum
for what nah!! Around 4m go build am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr. Harvey Olufunm Buys House 3 Years After Migrating To UK - See How He Did It! / 10 Great Building Designs That Can Fit Into A 50'x50' Plot Of Land. / Is Nike Lake Resort, Enugu The Most Beautiful Hotel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.