Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World (31254 Views)

DNA Centre Sheds Light On Child Paternity Fraud In Nigeria / Paternity Fraud At Its Peak! / Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by armadeo(m): 7:31am On Mar 25
Kobojunkie:
Actually, your forefathers did exactly that. They related the two. They created the customary laws that exist today. The same laws which allow polygamy for the men equally provide for the women to roam free. grin

Under Customary Law in Nigeria, every child born during a marriage is presumed to belong to the man. So, as long as that marriage is in continuance, every child born belongs to the man. Now, if the man does not wish to father a bastard and all that, then he should altogether avoid customary Law unions. Otherwise, he is not a victim but one who accepted a marriage agreement that allows him polygamy while at the same time allowing the woman to bring into the marriage even children fathered by other men. grin

Under any law it is presumed a married couple have a child together. Customary Law doesn't support paternity fraud.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by quinox947: 7:31am On Mar 25
Gajagojo:
Scientifically and statistically does not make sense
If this is based on DNA testing
Do all countries do DNA test at the same rate?
What is the basis of comparing two countries if testing rates are not the same

How available is DNA testing to the tens of millions of Nigerians

It is only relatively rich people that can afford to do a DNA TEST
The data is wrong and I think its an assumption. Many Nigerian cultures forbids such practices. The Uzairue kingdom in Edo State is where such can never thrive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Roboto11: 7:38am On Mar 25
No evidence.

I've noticed this subtle advertisement for DNA testing on Nairaland.

I'm not against DNA testing but it is clear you lot pull figures out of your ass.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Lovelyn451(f): 7:42am On Mar 25
No thanks to yorubas
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Astra101: 8:19am On Mar 25
immortalcrown:
That law works with the husband's consent, unlike paternity fraud that happens without his knowledge and consent. The difference is clear. That law permits a man to reject her wife's child if he knows the wife got the pregnancy from another man.

You are just catching cruise.

Don't stress yourself bro, the guy is a known gay, the matter at hand is beyond his comprehension. Gay life and family life can't be in the same box. It's like seeking the living among the dead!

armadeo:

Under any law it is presumed a married couple have a child together. Customary Law doesn't support paternity fraud.

Don't stress yourself bro, the guy is a known gay, the matter at hand is beyond his comprehension. Gay life and family life can't be in the same box. It's like seeking the living among the dead!

hansomb:

I pray you father a son not yours since that's okay by your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by hansomb: 8:24am On Mar 25
Gajagojo:

You need to read stuff and comprehend before reacting
Clearly you did not so you are illiterate
You just quoted me out of context and started talking nonsense
Yes you are an illiterate

Calling me impotent is a confirmation that you were made to feel small and need to lash out to compensate for those feelings
You are indeed small
A.man can either impregnate his wife or get one of his people to do it for him
That is established tribal practice around the world .Even the Hebrews practised something like that before they got Moses law
Nowhere did I support deception by women. If it is to happen the man should make the choice
So it is clear You are an ignorant insolent illiterate
Oga go get medicine for your ailments. It's obvious you are not a real man. What a pity.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Tonytonex(m): 8:27am On Mar 25
Nelllson:
Nigerian girls don't see anything wrong in sharing their kpekus anymore. Very anyhow gender, sharing infections and bad lucks.
That's why I pity guys that always say “I trust my babe, she can't cheat on me" They are fools, just as their babes sees them.. Every girls has a price, guys should not let love (Lust) blind their eyes and brain.
it baffles me how a married woman will still spread her legs for a man. No conscience?
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by gtassure: 8:29am On Mar 25
COOL10:
Foolish Nigerian men who feel their wives are saints will argue with this fact, but the truth of the matter is that most married Nigerian men are not the true fathers of the children their wives have made them to believe are theirs.
Na Church dem dey put women on pedestal,calling dem angels that can not hurt a fly - and Nigerian men believes those con men on the pulpit!
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by hansomb: 8:29am On Mar 25
Astra101:

Thanks for saving me the stress. No wonder he's using Her in place of Him.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Astra101: 8:30am On Mar 25
hansomb:
Thanks for saving me the stress. No wonder he's using Her in place of Him.

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by wengerman: 8:30am On Mar 25
Judolisco:
Who took d data, why I'm asking is because Nigerians rarely perform DNA test to knw if the child is yours or not....so I think dis stuff is jst on assumption and not on facts... With d presentation on d projector, no reference whatsoever.. When I dey sch my lecturers go Don bounce dis presentation....
. The data is gotten from those that went for DNA. It is the percentage of paternity fraud discovered in the total dna carried out.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:32am On Mar 25
Careful with the woman you marry that says judge not my past. If you marry that kind of woman go and do DNA on your children.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by speedchariot(m): 8:36am On Mar 25
Lies.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by tophempire: 8:40am On Mar 25
immortalcrown:
When will paternity fraud be criminalized?

Paternity fraud is as bad as or even worse than rape.

Meanwhile, Jennyclay does not see posts like this.

BIG HARD FACT.

HOW CAN I MARRY A WOMAN AND NOT HAVE PEACE OF MIND.

ANYWAYS AS AN AFRICAN MAN FROM AKWA IBOM STILL ACTIVE IN TRADITION, I KNOW ANY WOMAN I MARRY WILL HAVE EKPO NKAWO TO DEAL WITH.

THE SPIRIT THAT KILLS ANY WOMAN WHO IS LOOKING OUTSIDE.

NA WATIN WE GET WEY NON AFRICAN RELIGIONS NO GET
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by tophempire: 8:48am On Mar 25
E no hard pass this one

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by chidiokay: 8:54am On Mar 25
Judolisco:
shey u dey joke ni arbi u dey serious? Available tests from few DNA centres is sufficient to draw a conclusion for a population of over 200milion people.... Bros u Don carry out research before?

Apparently you are ignorant, google "sample size". bro available DNA centres suffices

For a research study or project what you need is "samples" for instance if i want to study how Igbos behave and make inferences, randomly picking 10 igbos (sample) from each state in the East is okay, i don't have to meet ALL Igbos
Maybe you should tell us the research you carried out and why you have to meet ALL parties of interest.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by drlateef: 10:14am On Mar 25
[quote author=chopnaira post=129089670][/quote]

Very incredulous statistics. UK 1.6% or what am I seeing? This is another statistics scam. UK is the home of 1 nightstands. A home of adultery and infidelity of the highest order. It is so easier to get sex in UK than in Nigeria and not get caught.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by writeprof(m): 10:24am On Mar 25
Nonsense story. Some people are looking for customers for their DNA business centres now.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Uchesis: 10:33am On Mar 25
Caspry5:
As a man, quietly carry out dna test for your kids. Dont assume she cant do that to you. The only person you can really vouch for is yourself. If the child doesn't resemble you or any trait of yours, don't assume it's from her family's side make them nor carry you handicap home and away grin cheesy
Even if the child resemble you, still carry out DNA test if you can o.

I'm speaking from my neighbours experience grin

His wife gave birth to a boy that looks like him, but later found out it wasn't his. The guy sef shock

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by kkins25(m): 11:00am On Mar 25
Kobojunkie:
He is right to ask the question since Customary Marriage Laws in Nigeria do not recognize paternity fraud at all. How many Nigerians get married under statutory law? undecided

I can't seem to find the rules for such customary laws. For paternity fraud to occur, adultery must first take place. That's enough grounds to throw the woman and kid out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Gajagojo: 11:50am On Mar 25
hansomb:

Oga go get medicine for your ailments. It's obvious you are not a real man. What a pity.
Yes that make you feel better?
It is obvious you feel pain I side a s you want to lash
Out
You are a small boy with profound feelings of inadequacy
You obviously do not like yourself the way You are
Small man complex
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Gajagojo: 11:50am On Mar 25
quinox947:
The data is wrong and I think its an assumption. Many Nigerian cultures forbids such practices. The Uzairue kingdom in Edo State is where such can never thrive.
Which data are you referring to?
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by janeedema(f): 2:03pm On Mar 25
The same question I was about to pose. In a country like ours where most people are not even aware of DNA testing, how did they arrive at the sample used and the result arrived at?

Judolisco:
Who took d data, why I'm asking is because Nigerians rarely perform DNA test to knw if the child is yours or not....so I think dis stuff is jst on assumption and not on facts... With d presentation on d projector, no reference whatsoever.. When I dey sch my lecturers go Don bounce dis presentation....
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Mar 25
kkins25:
In can't seem to find the rules for such customary laws. For paternity fraud to occur, adultery must first take place. That's enough grounds to throw the woman and kid out.
You can't seem to locate customary marriage law in Nigeria? Continue! undecided
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by iamL(f): 2:58pm On Mar 25
[quote author=chopnaira post=129089670][/quote]

Nobody ask for source. No wonder failure full this country.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Sleekfingers: 3:25pm On Mar 25
Basicend:
It's a serious issue in Nigeria. . I know what am saying.

Yes, it is a serious issue ooo.

The heart of a woman is a deep ocean of secrets...
That's was why I did DNA of my 2 boys, excluding my daughter. She later found out ..and was showing some attitude. I no even send her. ....
It is only a fool won't do DNA of their children, if married to a Nigerian woman.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Sleekfingers: 3:28pm On Mar 25
😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

Make una see as women are avoiding this topic.....
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by chidiokay: 5:15pm On Mar 25
Judolisco:
shey u dey joke ni arbi u dey serious? Available tests from few DNA centres is sufficient to draw a conclusion for a population of over 200milion people.... Bros u Don carry out research before?

Go and understudy sampling and sampling size, assignment
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Judolisco(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25
chidiokay:

Go and understudy sampling and sampling size, assignment
na simple I ask oh.. U Don conduct research before?
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Judolisco(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25
janeedema:
The same question I was about to pose. In a country like ours where most people are not even aware of DNA testing, how did they arrive at the sample used and the result arrived at?

exactly my point....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by COOL10(m): 7:31pm On Mar 25
gtassure:

Na Church dem dey put women on pedestal,calling dem angels that can not hurt a fly - and Nigerian men believes those con men on the pulpit!

Our mothers are guilty of this as well; in fact, they're the number one culprits. They've made it a priority to paint a false image of women, so that their sons can easily be deceived and used by women. The social conditioning starts from a very young age.

With time, men begin to notice differences between the lies they've been told and the reality they experience on a regular basis. Some men choose to follow the path of truth, others ignore the truth until it ends up biting them in the ass.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

“my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court / Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! / Help: My Grandma Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.