Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World (31069 Views)

DNA Centre Sheds Light On Child Paternity Fraud In Nigeria / Paternity Fraud At Its Peak! / Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Adeneeyee84: 10:51pm On Mar 24
As am typing here on Nairaland forum, One yahoo boy is nurturing an innocent Boy that doesn't belong to him in my compound.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by NairalanderFrom(m): 10:54pm On Mar 24
Joy2dworldxyz:
-Most corrupt county = Nigeria
County with highest japa on the queue = +Nigeria
County with worst leaders = Nigeria
- Country with worst economy= Nigeria
- Country with highest unemployment= Nigeria
- Country with highest small languages = Nigeria is 3rd
- And now, country with highest paternity fraud= Nigeria is second.

No only Nigerian Waka come??
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by jrobbins: 10:58pm On Mar 24
A colleague of mine, Both parents are very light skinned. Pikin come black like verydarkman. I just no believe say na the man get the Pikin sha. No semblance at all...
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by chidiokay: 11:13pm On Mar 24
Judolisco:
Who took d data, why I'm asking is because [b]Nigerians rarely perform DNA test [/b]to knw if the child is yours or not....so I think dis stuff is jst on assumption and not on facts... With d presentation on d projector, no reference whatsoever.. When I dey sch my lecturers go Don bounce dis presentation....

how did you come about such assertion, do you work in an hospital or base on data

Is Dna something of Pride that you go about announcing or showing people you did it ... i just realize a close friend had japa today from his wife whatsapp status .. thats Nigerians for you,
However the available test reports at Dna centres is enough sample to induce or draw a conclusion

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by yewit37486: 11:21pm On Mar 24
[quote author=chopnaira post=129089670][/quote]

Source?
Some random slide on a projector without any reference or link isn't credible enough.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by yewit37486: 11:22pm On Mar 24
Judolisco:
Who took d data, why I'm asking is because Nigerians rarely perform DNA test to knw if the child is yours or not....so I think dis stuff is jst on assumption and not on facts... With d presentation on d projector, no reference whatsoever.. When I dey sch my lecturers go Don bounce dis presentation....

Exactly the point I just made before I saw your comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Questionnaires(m): 11:24pm On Mar 24
StraightGaay:
But honestly, Seyi no resemble the guy

Lol.... Just Send Your Address; Make We Use Your Data And Your Phone Cross-Check Am Out.

We Go Know!

No be for Convoy To Fly Down To Your Location ?
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Judolisco(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24
chidiokay:

how did you come about such assertion, do you work in an hospital or base on data

Is Dna something of Pride that you go about announcing or showing people you did it ... i just realize a close friend had japa today from his wife whatsapp status .. thats Nigerians for you,
However the available test reports at Dna centres is enough sample to induce or draw a conclusion
shey u dey joke ni arbi u dey serious? Available tests from few DNA centres is sufficient to draw a conclusion for a population of over 200milion people.... Bros u Don carry out research before?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by yewit37486: 11:28pm On Mar 24
jrobbins:
A colleague of mine, Both parents are very light skinned. Pikin come black like verydarkman. I just no believe say na the man get the Pikin sha. No semblance at all...

But they taught us this one in Biology nah. There are recessive and dominant traits. It is possible for a trait can go from grandparents to the child, so unless you've seen other members of the extended family on both sides, please don't conclude wrongly.
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Charlezberry: 11:34pm On Mar 24
I knew this fact in 2020 when I did my daughter's DNA. I acted like I did not believe the report of the Dr. That domicile in London.... then he create username for me to log into their database and check the result myself.... the DNA was conducted in US and this part of database contains Nigerian DNA results..... after checking mine I started to explore other people files for good 4 days..... omg my eye see plenty and fear catch me... after 4 days I was speechless for 2 days... I saw result like 3 kids but 2 belong to the man. I saw 1 result 4 kids none belong to the man.... atleast from like 100 results I checked only like 20 shows positive.... what I noticed more is that in family of 3, one child dont belong to the husband. If you have kids in naija just take that 150k and do DNA for your heart sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Coronavirus1: 12:01am On Mar 25
Many children are experiencing paternity scandals by learning that their father is really not their biological father. The perception that paternity fraud is high in Nigeria is not unfounded. Reports have been making the rounds that Nigeria has the second highest rate of paternity fraud in the world after Jamaica.Sep 17, 2023
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by HenryMedia: 12:11am On Mar 25
Nigerian women are just looking for foolish and vulnerable men to father and train children for them. Paternity fraud should be punishable with death sentence. It is the highest point of harlotry. Also DNA test should be made very much affordable at most up to #20,000 so that responsibility for pregnancy could be determined early just after child bath.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Chazzyboy: 12:15am On Mar 25
Judolisco:
Who took d data, why I'm asking is because Nigerians rarely perform DNA test to knw if the child is yours or not....so I think dis stuff is jst on assumption and not on facts... With d presentation on d projector, no reference whatsoever.. When I dey sch my lecturers go Don bounce dis presentation....
assumption? Wake up
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by kkins25(m): 12:24am On Mar 25
Judolisco:
Them tell you say na school presentation?
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On Mar 25
immortalcrown:
When will paternity fraud be criminalized? Paternity fraud is as bad as or even worse than rape. Meanwhile, does not see posts like this.
Criminalized for what reason or purpose? undecided Your ancestors saw good reason to allow men polygamy while allowing women free range guarantee as far as the paternity of any child born within the same marriage. Yes, Customary marriage laws allow for both in marriage so you cannot hold on to it while at the same claiming to be a victim of that which it allows. undecided
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Mar 25
Stevenson20:
The fraud is too much from both genders. Don't blame ladies alone, men cheats too. It's vice versa
You dey mind them! tongue
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Mar 25
vizkiz:
Been seeing comments all over the Internet as regards "if a man should go for DNA" Hell yeah! He should but you should do it without your wife's knowledge. You can use your child's toothbrush or hair comb to run DNA samples. Your wife need not to know except if the results comes out negative then you know you got married to a cock sucking HOE. “the child looks like your grandfather" na scam my bro
Under Customary Law in Nigeria, every child born during a marriage is presumed to belong to the man. So, as long as that marriage is in continuance, every child born belongs to the man. Now, if the man does not wish to father a bastard and all that, then he should altogether avoid customary Law unions. Otherwise, he is not a victim but one who accepted a marriage agreement that allows him polygamy while at the same time allowing the woman to bring into the marriage even children fathered by other men. grin
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Mar 25
kollog:
DNA should be made mandatory for every new baby born or babies btw d age of 1 to 5yrs.
Under Customary Law in Nigeria, every child born during a marriage is presumed to belong to the man. So, as long as that marriage is in continuance, every child born belongs to the man. Now, if the man does not wish to father a bastard and all that, then he should altogether avoid customary Law unions. Otherwise, he is not a victim but one who accepted a marriage agreement that allows him polygamy while at the same time allowing the woman to bring into the marriage even children fathered by other men. grin
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Mar 25
Basicend:
It's a serious issue in Nigeria. . I know what am saying.

So the issue isn't a serious one at all. Only people complaining do so majorly as a result of ignorance of the facts. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Mar 25
brightovio007:
Sure, what is the way forward?

If you don't like paternity fraud, don't do traditional marriage at all. Simple! tongue
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Mar 25
Tochi360:
Asin ehn the matter just tire man pikin. My customer baby wey him carry come shop today no resemble papa,e no no resemble mama, who him come resemble na grin Watin concern me,na auto parts me I just wan sell oo grin
If your customer married his wife traditionally then he does not know what he is talking about and is simply making noise. undecided

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Mar 25
armadeo:
■ I don't support cheating but you can not relate both issues at all. There's no comparison.
Actually, your forefathers did exactly that. They related the two. They created the customary laws that exist today. The same laws which allow polygamy for the men equally provide for the women to roam free. grin

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Mar 25
Angelfrost:
I learned that 30% there is an old stat... It should be well over 40% now. I insist that Paternity Fraud should be officially designated as an offense punishable by the Law. There should be a Jail Term and heavy fines.
Nonsense! undecided

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Mar 25
Angelfrost:
Honestly, it's as bad as Yahoo Plus, if not worse. Imagine allowing a man to raise another man's child for years. Haba!
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Mar 25
snipernigga:
You people will not let this paternity DNA issue rest, if they should return our, sorry I mean this kids back to sender will you people donate the money to feed so many additional kids and broken marriages. Let's face our economic problems. Abi this one follow?
They speak mostly out of Ignorance. Their own ancestors that gave them freedom of polygamy in marriage equally gave freedom to women "to roam" in marriage. undecided

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Mar 25
CrossRhodes:
That's why it's important to marry a virgin...... Most of these fraudsters are non-virgin oloshos settling for unsuspecting men
See delusion abeg! grin
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Mar 25
COOL10:
Foolish Nigerian men who feel their wives are saints will argue with this fact, but the truth of the matter is that most married Nigerian men are not the true fathers of the children their wives have made them to believe are theirs.

So long as you are traditionally tied, you cannot plead a victim of paternity fraud. undecided
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Mar 25
Aaaaarghmed:
Nigeria women are cheats but like forming saints

So long as you are traditionally married to your wife, you cannot even pretend yourself a victim of paternity fraud. undecided
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by EposiDaisy: 12:43am On Mar 25
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Procashtips(m): 12:47am On Mar 25
According to?

How many samples taken and by who?
Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Mar 25
phemray:
■ Very good, criminalise it and make DNA compulsory after every child birth, the nonsense will stop. This affects everyone since the days of Abraham otherwise when did the word Bastard started?.
Abegi! undecided

Re: Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Mar 25
kkins25:
Them tell you say na school presentation?
He is right to ask the question since Customary Marriage Laws in Nigeria do not recognize paternity fraud at all. How many Nigerians get married under statutory law? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. / Missing Person Alert / Join Siena In Celebrating His Birthday With His Wife And Kids!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.