Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

I Am Confused About Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Confused About Religion (135 Views)

Man Openly Speaks About Religion, With Heavy Claims About The Late T.B Joshua / Could This Be True About Religion? / What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused About Religion by Hermaphrodite2: 10:57pm On Mar 24
I was born and bred in a christian family. I happened to be a lover of God's words when I was growing up. It hapened that I have derailed from my childhood teachings. I hardly go to church or even read the bible. I have forgotten how to pray sef. Funny enough, I don't get moved with my action.
The progenitor of all this my lackadaisical attitude towards religion started when I stayed with one of my uncle in Lagos. The wife was so religious to the extent that we didn't put shape after barbing, no perfume ,disposed all clothes having cartoon inscription and stones and so many principles she instilled in us. She believed all those things were from the pit of hell.
Initially she was a baptist, switched to a deeper life then horemow(holiness revival movement world wide). The situation worsen In horemow as they were always talking about heaven and hell. They instilled fear in every one they preach. They made heaven appear as the most difficult place to enter even with holiness and so much deprivation on earth, you could still miss heaven. They have had several testifiers who went to heaven and hell and came back.

MY PROBLEM
Many religion believe after life. Among all, which religion will surely make this heaven if heaven really does exists. Can't imagine the regret after so much suffering in this world and later realize that there's no after life or you have followed the wrong religion

Please I need contribution

OAM4J
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Mar 24
Hermaphrodite2:
MY PROBLEM Many religion believe after life. Among all, which religion will surely make this heaven if heaven really does exists. Can't imagine the regret after so much suffering in this world and later realize that there's no after life or you have followed the wrong religion Please I need contribution
According to Scripture, what you refer to as an afterlife exists only to those who were able to acquire it while in this life. So, if one is unable to obtain one before death, meaning death is the conclusion for one's consciousness — one ceases to exist — how can one experience regret? grin
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by phorget(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24
For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
Our righteousness is like a filthy rag in Gods present so there's nothing we can do without Gods mercy.
The greatest religion is your service to humanity, the good you do to your fellow human will speak for you even if there's any afterlife.
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Mar 24
phorget:
For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
Our righteousness is like a filthy rag in Gods present so there's nothing we can do without Gods mercy.
The greatest religion is your service to humanity, the good you do to your fellow human will speak for you even if there's any afterlife.
Stop quoting verses out of context like a mentally disconnected individual abeg! undecided
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by phorget(m): 11:13pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
Stop quoting verses out of context like a mentally disconnected individual abeg! undecided

Wehdone Mr pastor, if all existing churches were to understand the bible the same way then there wouldnt have been any reason for the multiple churches in the world. Your understanding of your so call verses doesn't make it the final authority.
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Mar 24
phorget:
■ Wehdone Mr pastor, if all existing churches were to understand the bible the same way then there wouldnt have been any reason for the multiple churches in the world. Your understanding of your so call verses doesn't make it the final authority.
I am not one of your religious pastors who are notorious for doing exactly what you just did there. There is no such thing as an individual understanding of verses. Human language rules make this clear. undecided
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by phorget(m): 11:29pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
I am not one of your religious pastors who are notorious for doing exactly what you just did there. There is no such thing as an individual understanding of verses. Human language rules make this clear. undecided

So you just concluded I have misquoted the verses?
Then quote it rightly let me see what you've got.
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Mar 24
phorget:
■ So you just concluded I have misquoted the verses? Then quote it rightly let me see what you've got.
Your very own conclusion speaks to this. undecided
phorget:
undecided
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 24
Hermaphrodite2:
MY PROBLEM
Many religion believe after life. Among all, which religion will surely make this heaven if heaven really does exists. Can't imagine the regret after so much suffering in this world and later realize that there's no after life or you have followed the wrong religion
OAM4J

nobody can bring you any proof of the afterlife, just as no one has come back and confirm it does exist. so just like Harry Potter, its a fable of the imagination that NOBODY can confirm. ultimately, you should do what makes YOU happy on earth (so long as it aint illegal/immoral to your own standards), and dont let anyone try to blackmail you into being in any way/shape or form the way "they" want you to be, under the threat of hell/heaven and afterlife.

there is no such thing as the rightful religion, there are so many of them out there, just choose the one that you are more comfortable with and basta....better yet, forget religion: live life to the fullest, be a great human being, live a righteous life BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS, and all will be great.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About Religion by Templee333(m): 11:55pm On Mar 24
The only religion i know is to love one another,live in peace, avoid trouble. Whether there's afterlife or not shouldn't be the main issue.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About Religion by SIRTee15: 1:00am On Mar 25
Religion is simply about serving humanity. If U looking for religion, just look for one that resonate with your understanding of humanity and service.
It could be Buddhism or modern African spirituality. Doesn't really matter....

But if U searching for the truth and afterlife, then know there's only ONE TRUTH and this is Jesus. He's the only person that guarantees eternal life.

The beautiful thing is Jesus Christ offers you the assurance of afterlife NOW, the door to eternal life is in this life.

Only a scammer will offer u result of a promise after death. Of course there's no way to know if you've been scammed or not

Jesus said 'Now this is eternal life, that they may know you the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent'.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused About Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:51am On Mar 25
You need to know the purpose of religion!

If you don't know the purpose of an institution there's no way you distinguish between truth and falsehood.

Let's discuss on the purpose of religion first and all other things you want to know will fall in place.
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by phorget(m): 6:32am On Mar 25
Kobojunkie:
Your very own conclusion speaks to this. undecided
undecided

Ok service to humanity is not necessary I guess, we only need to direct our services to God the creator.
Most of you all wont maje heaven,you will rather claim to be righteous in serving God while you are hostile to your fellow human beings, even Matthew 25 from verse 35 to 40 made it clear unto us that the good we do to humanity is directly unto God.
Re: I Am Confused About Religion by Expanse2020(m): 7:42am On Mar 25
Hermaphrodite2:
I was born and bred in a christian family. I happened to be a lover of God's words when I was growing up. It hapened that I have derailed from my childhood teachings. I hardly go to church or even read the bible. I have forgotten how to pray sef. Funny enough, I don't get moved with my action.
The progenitor of all this my lackadaisical attitude towards religion started when I stayed with one of my uncle in Lagos. The wife was so religious to the extent that we didn't put shape after barbing, no perfume ,disposed all clothes having cartoon inscription and stones and so many principles she instilled in us. She believed all those things were from the pit of hell.
Initially she was a baptist, switched to a deeper life then horemow(holiness revival movement world wide). The situation worsen In horemow as they were always talking about heaven and hell. They instilled fear in every one they preach. They made heaven appear as the most difficult place to enter even with holiness and so much deprivation on earth, you could still miss heaven. They have had several testifiers who went to heaven and hell and came back.

MY PROBLEM

OAM4J
My brother I will just advise you to think on how to reconnect with your creator and ask from him to guide you on a right path, and seek knowledge about the religion for you to know the right thing to do, also find your purpose the God created you on this earth.. explore the religion to know the truth

(1) (Reply)

My Parents Should Be Disappointed In God / Founders Of Religions / A Statement Of Purpose To Live By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.